The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blitztwn36']Who frames these things - a little masking tape on the wall does just fine ;)[/QUOTE]

I prefer staples and a little rubber cement myself...:applause:

Never got the order to go through, never got a confirmation email, but I do have $86.50 on my CC bill, and a "Pending Fulfillment" order on my Bioware account...

Interesting...

Should be nice and expensive to frame this bad boy next to the Cerberus litho. Now release something to balance them out! :lol:

[quote name='phoenix529']Never got the order to go through, never got a confirmation email, but I do have $86.50 on my CC bill, and a "Pending Fulfillment" order on my Bioware account...

Interesting...

Should be nice and expensive to frame this bad boy next to the Cerberus litho. Now release something to balance them out! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Same, the page just sat there and loaded for 10 minutes. Eventually I just closed out. Although during that time I got my confirmation email and email from PayPal saying the money was deducted from my account.

As far as the framing goes, I was curious and went to A.C. Moore today, the largest non-custom frame they had was 24'' by 36''... Looks like many of us be giving some framing companies our business soon! Luckily they usually have 50% 60% off coupons! Will be worth it though. I'll have to do some rearranging. :)

For framing ideas, i thought i would share mine, since it was kinda tough figuring out the cheapest (and good) option for the Kirkwall Gate litho (which is the same size as The Team).

Aaron Brothers sells a 28x40 frame for around $80 in a few different styles. You can grab a 40% off coupon from their homepage to knock it down to around $50. Then I ordered a single layer mat which was a custom job but also done at Aaron Brothers for around $45. All in all a pretty good framing option for a uniquely sized print at under $100. (Sorry for the crappy Iphone photo).

mail

[quote name='convergecrew']For framing ideas, i thought i would share mine, since it was kinda tough figuring out the cheapest (and good) option for the Kirkwall Gate litho (which is the same size as The Team).

Aaron Brothers sells a 28x40 frame for around $80 in a few different styles. You can grab a 40% off coupon from their homepage to knock it down to around $50. Then I ordered a single layer mat which was a custom job but also done at Aaron Brothers for around $45. All in all a pretty good framing option for a uniquely sized print at under $100. (Sorry for the crappy Iphone photo).

mail
[/QUOTE]

If you get a chance to upload it, I'd love to see it. I'm mulling my options on what to do right now. Thanks.

[quote name='blitztwn36']

If you get a chance to upload it, I'd love to see it. I'm mulling my options on what to do right now. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Crap. I guess linking to my email account didn't work. Still a noob when it comes to posting. I'll put it on flickr and repost tomorrow!

Edit: Here it is:

Edit2: NVM. I dont know how to upload a photo. Im such a noob. Ill just post a link.

http://flic.kr/p/9RsnLd

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='scarhawk']This was the last ME2 litho. Can't wait to see the ME3 line up[/QUOTE]

Where can I see this info? I'd like to read up - thanks!

The Archangel one looks awesome. We've got a briefing by our company commander during the sale window, but I'm gonna try snagging one on the sly with my iPad :)

I think Archangel might be a stealth release of all 450. As of 9:10 PST there were 317 left...7 mins later it was down to 264..

My confirmation went through too, and I checked my Orders to ensure it was there, and kind of scared to not see my big team Litho to not be listed along with my other orders. Anyone else have this problem?

Omg so I just noticed that the confirmation emails they send you contains codes or gift certificates.. I've been ignoring theem and deleting them in the past!

Got my Archangel. Now I've got Garrus and Thane, my two favorite characters. Good to go :)

Also, fyi, it seems that they were pulled off the site when the count hit 250 or 225, so there should still be a bunch for the 2nd sale.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Omg so I just noticed that the confirmation emails they send you contains codes or gift certificates.. I've been ignoring theem and deleting them in the past![/QUOTE]

I got one for an "antivan garrote" for DA. Whatever that is.

I love the ME universe and series but I'm a bigger fan of hanging environment and object lithographs on my walls than character lithographs. Much easier to explain to guests than having a strange creature heh although it does look good. The increase in price is also unreasonable and unnecessary.

[quote name='Brenex']I love the ME universe and series but I'm a bigger fan of hanging environment and object lithographs on my walls than character lithographs. Much easier to explain to guests than having a strange creature heh although it does look good. The increase in price is also unreasonable and unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

I am more ticked of about the 18x24, unsigned and unlimited version of the Team being 40 bucks. The highest I would give for that is $24.

Surprised that Garrus is not selling well, him being one of the most favorite characters among the mass effect fan base. Still 140+ copies left. An unexpected release perhaps?

[quote name='HornyPony']I am more ticked of about the 18x24, unsigned and unlimited version of the Team being 40 bucks. The highest I would give for that is $24.

Surprised that Garrus is not selling well, him being one of the most favorite characters among the mass effect fan base. Still 140+ copies left. An unexpected release perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Unexpected release combined with Treehouse only being able to do 5 orders at a time - their system is extremely buggy.

[quote name='HornyPony']I am more ticked of about the 18x24, unsigned and unlimited version of the Team being 40 bucks. The highest I would give for that is $24.

Surprised that Garrus is not selling well, him being one of the most favorite characters among the mass effect fan base. Still 140+ copies left. An unexpected release perhaps?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing--or perhaps there are just too many releases in a short period of time? The Team released last week and was a good chunk of change..then Archangel releases a few days later..Cerberus wasnt too far back either..

Regardless, its a great chance for fans who want this to actually get it.

117 left...

I really want this lithograph but I can't bring myself to buy this one even though Garrus is one of my favorite characters from ME. Like a CAGer said some posts before mine, I really dig the setting/object lithographs more than the character lithographs. It wouldn't hurt to have one cool looking character litho on my wall, but still.

Edit: And the price doesn't help with my indecision as well.

[quote name='smellmybutt'] It wouldn't hurt to have one cool looking character litho on my wall, but still.

Edit: And the price doesn't help with my indecision as well.[/QUOTE]

And that character litho will be shepard. And the price will be at least $80 but I'm sure it will be oversized and actually be $100 :roll:

I bought one but put the wrong zip code when filling out the form! UGH! I immediately put in a request to customer service... and their phone lines are down so I put in a service ticket. :(

Might not be as quick as others, but in the last hour I've seen it go from 140+ down to 85. I'm guessing by tomorrow its completely sold out. I sat on the fence about getting one for about an hour and finally pulled the trigger. Seems the other character litho's have done fairly well on the secondary market, so even at $50 I'm sure at some point if I decide to sell, I'll get back at least the $50 if not more. Garrus is a pretty popular Character and is a carryover from ME1. I'm thinking the litho is moving a little slower due to the $10 price bump and the fact that The Team was released just last week at $80 (which I'm sure tapped out a lot of people of their spending cash). So this is a good buying opportunity for anyone wanting to get a somewhat rare and pretty popular litho. I'm guessing when people look back at this sale in a month or two, they'll be kicking themselves that they passed it up.

[quote name='convergecrew']I was thinking the same thing--or perhaps there are just too many releases in a short period of time? The Team released last week and was a good chunk of change..then Archangel releases a few days later..Cerberus wasnt too far back either..

Regardless, its a great chance for fans who want this to actually get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm going with too many releases. They are really milking this lithograph shit. They need to slow down with the releases and stop raising prices so much.

[quote name='GBPackRat']Might not be as quick as others, but in the last hour I've seen it go from 140+ down to 85. I'm guessing by tomorrow its completely sold out. I sat on the fence about getting one for about an hour and finally pulled the trigger. Seems the other character litho's have done fairly well on the secondary market, so even at $50 I'm sure at some point if I decide to sell, I'll get back at least the $50 if not more. Garrus is a pretty popular Character and is a carryover from ME1. I'm thinking the litho is moving a little slower due to the $10 price bump and the fact that The Team was released just last week at $80 (which I'm sure tapped out a lot of people of their spending cash). So this is a good buying opportunity for anyone wanting to get a somewhat rare and pretty popular litho. I'm guessing when people look back at this sale in a month or two, they'll be kicking themselves that they passed it up.[/QUOTE]

I agree - not to mention that the previous character lithos had some reserved for bundles/replacements, and you could order two of them. The limit to one litho per household (instead of two) certainly plays a role here.

[quote name='veronesepk']I agree - not to mention that the previous character lithos had some reserved for bundles/replacements, and you could order two of them. The limit to one litho per household (instead of two) certainly plays a role here.[/QUOTE]

Good point. Seeing how many Cerberus popped up on eBay right after they sold out, it seems alot of sales go to flippers. Anyways, its good that these are being more available, and hopefully get put in the hands of people who want them instead of those just trying to make a couple bucks.

The limit one caveat certainly didn't help them either.
$10 price increase 3 days after an $80 litho release AND limit one means 1 of 2 things
A. They are money hungry and taking advantage of their fans
OR B. They REALLY don't want to sell these lol

[quote name='scarhawk']The limit one caveat certainly didn't help them either.
$10 price increase 3 days after an $80 litho release AND limit one means 1 of 2 things
A. They are money hungry and taking advantage of their fans
OR B. They REALLY don't want to sell these lol[/QUOTE]
Or they are wising up to the hoarders selling them on eBay for a profit.

The Archangel litho looks badass. But, it's a bit too much for me.

Bioware is basically exploiting the obvious demand there are for these lithos. They started out at $29.99 (for arguably superior prints and shipped better too). Then jumped to $40, and now $50. They're probably there right now thinking about all the easy money they could be making off fans by coming out with more and more lithos for us to drool over.

The only reason that these are still available is because they didnt post that the second batch was for sale on their Facebook page. If there was a post these probably would have sold out in less than 20 mins like the first round.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Archangel litho looks badass. But, it's a bit too much for me.

Bioware is basically exploiting the obvious demand there are for these lithos. They started out at $29.99 (for arguably superior prints and shipped better too). Then jumped to $40, and now $50. They're probably there right now thinking about all the easy money they could be making off fans by coming out with more and more lithos for us to drool over.[/QUOTE]

yep. I usually don't begrudge a company for making as much money as they can. After all, the demand is there. But this is starting to stink.

Archangel will most likely be my last litho.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Haha but out of all the lithos.. This one literally looks "badass"[/QUOTE]

I agree - this and the Tali are, aesthetically, the best yet.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The Archangel litho looks badass. But, it's a bit too much for me.

Bioware is basically exploiting the obvious demand there are for these lithos. They started out at $29.99 (for arguably superior prints and shipped better too). Then jumped to $40, and now $50. They're probably there right now thinking about all the easy money they could be making off fans by coming out with more and more lithos for us to drool over.[/QUOTE]

From the companys point of view though, their previous business model didnt make much sense--Make the lithos available to hoarders who will put them up on ebay and make 2x or more on it the next day. Its been shown that the demand is there, somewhat created artificially, so IMO the company has every right to try to capitalize on the excess profits that these lithos are generating.

It was like the company was selling wholesale to rebuyers (ebayers). By increasing the price and limiting the number of orders, there are taking a step towards taking back their position as the sole distributor. Which was the original intention. Not saying what they are doing is right or fair, but I understand their position in this. Ive bought 7 or 8 ME2 lithos and will definitely slow down, but not because of the price increase, more because I dont need too many more of these :lol:

bread's done
Back