The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
I think im Mass Effect'd out with lithos, unless something really incredible looking comes out. Only have so much wall space, plus I haven't even played the games yet - ha.

[quote name='pookymeister']i think im mass effect'd out with lithos, unless something really incredible looking comes out. Only have so much wall space, plus i haven't even played the games yet - ha.[/quote]

lies!!!

[quote name='Pookymeister']I think im Mass Effect'd out with lithos, unless something really incredible looking comes out. Only have so much wall space, plus I haven't even played the games yet - ha.[/QUOTE]

lol

I did that with the DA lithos. I haven't played either one yet lol

I'm only really interested in the SR2 Prototype litho. I'll probably end up just buying the mini litho version of that one.

I don't know - from their perspective, they have been selling these out in minutes. Someone probably thought they could wring a little more money out of each piece. =]

[quote name='Pookymeister']I don't know - from their perspective, they have been selling these out in minutes. Someone probably thought they could wring a little more money out of each piece. =][/QUOTE]

Exactly, they've increased their level of greed tenfold since they started offering these lithos. They'll keep milking these because they know some simply can't resist eating them up, no matter the price.

[quote name='Pookymeister']http://www.hollywoodposterframes.com =][/QUOTE]

Open question regarding framing. I'm looking to get this litho framed. The dimensions are listed as 24"x36", but in measuring, one of the dimensions was 1/16 of an inch longer than it should have been.

Should I...1) Just go for the 24"x36" frame...2) Have one custom cut for the extra 1/16th of an inch, or...3) Go a full inch larger in all directions and mat it?

[quote name='ssjmichael']So they increased the printing to 800 and force you to buy both lithos? Real fucking nice.[/QUOTE]

Nope, 300 are sold as packs, the remaining 500 will be sold individually.

Looks like they won't be sold-out anytime soon. The first release of 150 of packs is sold-out, but the second release has still available 121 of the 150 released a couple of hours ago.

Oh well, I bought them anyway because $80 for the 2 lithos is still reasonable and I like them, especially the Reaper one.

Not buying these...would have bought a pack if they were actually limited to 500. At 500 they actually felt like collectors items. 800 is way too much.
Those who miss out on these lithos can just buy unsigned versions. No reason to print 300 extra copies.
Also, I finally bought a Pragia litho. Only 7 left now
wink.png

[quote name='SniperREX']Nope, 300 are sold as packs, the remaining 500 will be sold individually.

Looks like they won't be sold-out anytime soon. The first release of 150 of packs is sold-out, but the second release has still available 121 of the 150 released a couple of hours ago.

Oh well, I bought them anyway because $80 for the 2 lithos is still reasonable and I like them, especially the Reaper one.[/QUOTE]

well that's good at least. I'd consider the Reaper one, but the prototype one just doesn't look appealing to me. Neither can really compare to some of the previous ones released though sadly

[quote name='D.Choy']I got my custom frame yesterday. I too ordered it from Sue at Hollywood Poster Frames. The frame I decided to get was the Archival frame with Satin Black for the color. I also decided to go big and get the UV filtered non reflective plexiglass. I wanted to mat my lithograph as well so I got a 2" Silver Grey mat. The dimensions of my frame came out to be 25 3/4 x 43 1/4.

Cost came out to $159.00 with $17.95 for shipping. Still in the end I was pretty pleased with my purchase. I don't see myself going crazy and buying more lithographs and framing them. Tell me what you guys think.

IMG_9362.jpg
[/QUOTE]
look surprisingly plain. i would be disappointed personally if i had spent 150+ dollars on that.

i picked up the complete alice pack and will eventually want to frame them but damn. i'm not spending that.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']My Cerberus litho is still sitting in the package, I'm not sure what to do with it yet. Are these still worth anything?[/QUOTE]

i have one too. and its like $70-$100 on ebay.. i dont think itll go up any further because its pretty bland. the normandy one is better to be honest. i know the ship is not the focus of the cerberus lithograph, but it stands out the most lol

btw im eyeing that team lithograph (non signed/limited one). its only $40! sweet!

[quote name='D.Choy']I got my custom frame yesterday. I too ordered it from Sue at Hollywood Poster Frames. The frame I decided to get was the Archival frame with Satin Black for the color. I also decided to go big and get the UV filtered non reflective plexiglass. I wanted to mat my lithograph as well so I got a 2" Silver Grey mat. The dimensions of my frame came out to be 25 3/4 x 43 1/4.

Cost came out to $159.00 with $17.95 for shipping. Still in the end I was pretty pleased with my purchase. I don't see myself going crazy and buying more lithographs and framing them. Tell me what you guys think.

IMG_9362.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks fantastic, what are the dimensions of just the lithograph?

Also, did they frame it for you or just ship you the frame?

Dimensions of the lithograph are 39x22.

I had the frame shipped and I put it in. You can ship your print to them and they will frame it for you but I didn't want to have to send it off again. It was relatively easy to do it yourself though. You just have to remove one leg of the frame and slip the lithograph in. The hard part was making sure it was straight and that it lined up correctly with the mat. I was also stupid originally and didn't wear gloves the first time through. I ended up being paranoid and took the lithograph out so I could wipe it with a soft cloth and ensure no fingerprints were left on the white edges before putting it back in.

[quote name='confoosious']how do you guys feel about the lithos having a run of 800 now?[/QUOTE]

doesnt bother me but hate that the new one is two pack wanted the dead reaper

[quote name='ShogunNage']doesnt bother me but hate that the new one is two pack wanted the dead reaper[/QUOTE]

yeah dead reaper is the good one in that pack. They'll release the singles soon so you can buy it separately.

[quote name='ShogunNage']doesnt bother me but hate that the new one is two pack wanted the dead reaper[/QUOTE]

800 combined, so 400 each. Used to be 300->500->400. At least Ive read that somewhere on Bioware forums.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']800 combined, so 400 each. Used to be 300->500->400. At least Ive read that somewhere on Bioware forums.[/QUOTE]

It's not 800 combined. It's 800 each. They're releasing 300 now, then the remaining 500 will be released as singles.

[quote name='blahtastic']It's not 800 combined. It's 800 each. They're releasing 300 now, then the remaining 500 will be released as singles.[/QUOTE]

And releasing a same sized unsigned unlimited number later which is also putting a damper on collectors buying these.

[quote name='Lexicon']And releasing a same sized unsigned unlimited number later which is also putting a damper on collectors buying these.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they'll not sell many of these and learn that exclusivity matters, even for fans and not ebay resellers.

Doubt they care, if they sell at least the same amount. If they sold 300, that's still more sold than they would have if they printed a total 300 (considering they hold back some stock when they print 300).

They'd have to sell a lot less. Doubt it'll happen, if the first batch sold out.

Lol they still have 106 of the second batch of 2 packs. And they still have 500 singles of each one. This was a failure for treehouse.
I knew they'd fail, and I'm not buying that bland art anyway.

[quote name='scarhawk']Lol they still have 106 of the second batch of 2 packs. And they still have 500 singles of each one. This was a failure for treehouse.
I knew they'd fail, and I'm not buying that bland art anyway.[/QUOTE]

And there was only 135 per batch. So they've only sold 164 as of now. I hope they learned their lesson. I would have hesitated buying them when they announced 800 anyway but doing an unlimited run of them on top of it just killed any incentive for me to spend the money. And as you say they really picked some bad art pieces to crank the number up on.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Am I missing something? I only see the 2-pack available[/QUOTE]

The singles are supposed to be released this coming week, sounds like the unlimited unsigned version either this next week or very soon thereafter as well.

[quote name='Lexicon']The singles are supposed to be released this coming week, sounds like the unlimited unsigned version either this next week or very soon thereafter as well.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know that, I guess I misinterpreted what scarhawk meant when he said:

And they still have 500 singles of each one. This was a failure for treehouse.

I thought he meant that the individuals were already listed but not selling at all.

I actually wouldn't mind picking up these two but I disagree with their current practices so will not be buying them till they go on sale. If not, I'm not really worried about it. I can't say I condone the resellers' practices but I definitely don't agree with the markups and increased amounts to maximize their profits.

[quote name='ssjmichael']still 94 left[/QUOTE]

Upping the print quantity to 800, coupled by the sheer volume of releases has killed the collectability of the lithos. I went through a string of buying all releases for about 6 in a row, but I choose not to keep up anymore. It's gotten to the point that the cool factor is wearing off and they're just milking them dry.

With that being said - if a nice enough one comes along, I'd still buy it for the art factor instead of to feed the OCD collection addiction I have.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Upping the print quantity to 800, coupled by the sheer volume of releases has killed the collectability of the lithos. I went through a string of buying all releases for about 6 in a row, but I choose not to keep up anymore. It's gotten to the point that the cool factor is wearing off and they're just milking them dry.

With that being said - if a nice enough one comes along, I'd still buy it for the art factor instead of to feed the OCD collection addiction I have.[/QUOTE]

I jumped off with this release too. I hope the ME3 releases will be smaller.

I cannot believe I have not heard about these. I wish I had known about these when the Miranda one was available. These look fantastic although the ones available now don't seem as amazing as the previous ones. Do you think they will make a Liara lithograph? Is there any place to buy older ones other than eBay? People are eBay are selling putting up ridiculous prices for the older lithographs.

eBay is where you are going to find them, for the most part. You might find a couple CAGs with them on their tradelists (* cough cough*) but with only 500 of each being printed, most of them found their homes already.

Well that's not good. It's hard to get a good deal for the old lithographs on eBay. Although a Miranda lithograph just sold for $150. That's how much I was going to pay for one. Kind of frustrating, but oh well. How do I view tradelists?

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Well that's not good. It's hard to get a good deal for the old lithographs on eBay. Although a Miranda lithograph just sold for $150. That's how much I was going to pay for one. Kind of frustrating, but oh well. How do I view tradelists?[/QUOTE]

You could always buy the mini lithos.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']You could always buy the mini lithos.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for The Illusive Man mini to come back in stock. I realize it has sold out numerous times now but this time I'm going to snag one before it sells out.

[quote name='AgentSquishy']Well that's not good. It's hard to get a good deal for the old lithographs on eBay. Although a Miranda lithograph just sold for $150. That's how much I was going to pay for one. Kind of frustrating, but oh well. How do I view tradelists?[/QUOTE]

did you end up buying the one that just sold for $224?

[quote name='confoosious']did you end up buying the one that just sold for $224?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no...

It's hard for me to buy things that are more expensive than what I have seen them as. I would really have to push myself to buy one for $200. I have seen two Miranda lithographs go for $150 so that is what I really want to pay for one.

I refuse to pay aftermarket price increases. I just nabbed mini lithos and was pleased. My new ones are in and the Reaper on is really cool. I like the "building the Normandy" scene, but it's not my fave from the two. Will get them framed soon.

bread's done
Back