The Lithograph Thread - Mass Effect, Alice, etc ...

Diatribal Deity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Yeah, not a deal per se. But if you have seen the price of the majority of these shoot up after they are sold out...you may think otherwise.

MASS EFFECT/DRAGON AGE/BIOWARE

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

Large
18x24 litho, 100lb paper. At least 300-800 normally printed. Signed
and numbered by artist.

($40-$80 each shipping starts at $6.50 for 1)

Current and past lithos
(Please note: some links to actual pictures may be dead)
Dead Reaper

Prototype SR2
5.gif

Archangel - $50 (gone)
photoxu.jpg

The Team - oversized - $80 (gone)
art-litho-me2-theteamltd-full.jpg

Cerberus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Miranda (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Legion (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Grunt (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Thane (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Tali (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Purgatory
thumbnail.aspx

Pragia (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Korlus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

The Wards (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Normandy (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Afterlife (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Collectors (gone)

The Illusive Man (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Jack (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Citadel (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Garrus (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Omega (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Minuteman (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Illium (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

Saren (gone)
thumbnail.aspx

They tend to make more of the newer ones than the previous batches. But anyone who has the previous ones will vouch for their quality.

Mini - these are not limited or signed so they go in and out of stock

(Illium and Omega)
(Garrus and Saren)
(Citadel and Minuteman)

24.00 each

(Tali)
(Thane)
(Grunt)
(Miranda)

10.00 each

Mini character 5-Pack

Unsigned and unnumbered

The Team $40

• Shipping in the past has been mixed, as they previously shipped in two large pieces of cardboard with exposed edges. Sometimes they are rolled up and shipped in tubes or boxes. Lately they have been shipped flat in double layered cardboard.
  • Upon receipt it is common to see a bit of scrunching near the corners, but they are working on ways of reinforcing these areas to avoid damage in future.
  • For framing, recommendations abound in the likes of stores like Michaels and others who frequently offer 40-50% OFF.
  • Occasionally there will be a sale or promo code made available (although not normally for shipping).
  • Do not be entirely discouraged if a litho sells out immediately. Refreshing within a few hours or days may reveal the occasional lucky cancellation or return made available.
  • Monitoring their store, forums, twitter and facebook will help keep you informed of upcoming releases if you can't live without these.
My upfront apology for not being able to update this real-time. Usually they release the newer character/ship lithos in limited batches while I am at work. Normally around 10-11 MDT and 5-6 MDT.

**New Releases will generally be split releases with the first release beginning at 10AM MDT and the second starting 5PM MDT**

Thanks to everyone who is able to give others the heads-up!

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-lithographs

ALICE

http://alice2store.com/alice-art/alice-lithographs

DEAD SPACE/VISCERAL

http://visceralstore.com/_art/_lithographs

PORTAL/VALVE

http://store.valvesoftware.com/index.php?t=3&g=9

BORDERLANDS/GEARBOX

http://shop.gearboxsoftware.com/borderlands-art/

Rockstar Warehouse

https://warehouse.rockstargames.com/Category.aspx?c=Apparel%20%26%20Collectables

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same book pre-ordered on Amazon for $25, but with no super awesome clamshell. While I like the stuff they offer, I just want the book. And for basically 25% of the "premium" price... you bet I'm sticking with my Amazon pre-order!

Plus I don't see Femshep on the cover and femshep is a red head. Boo on the "fan's choice" which didn't have a proper red head to choose from!

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's pretty crazy how many ME2 products they've made. I mean, everything, a freaking ME2 Tote bag, a space suit, everythinggg[/QUOTE]

And i haven't even played the games and I was suckered in ;) (just art though)

haha, ME2 is pretty great. Never played the first since it's not on the PS3 (I will whenever I pony up for a 360, or..err a computer that isn't 7 years old)

I get giddy like a school girl everytime this thread gets bumped, but I'll admit this time not soo much. Not too big on the book, even if it is a collectors item.

I regularly check out a site called omgposters.com for some cool art and lithos and rarely do I see game-inspired ones, bu the other day they wrote about this Catherine one and I figured I'd post it here for any interested. It's $30 (plus $7 shipping) and is in an edition of 30. It's pretty crazy looking but seems to capture Catherine well from what I've heard (haven't played the game yet)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/85992524/catherine-screen-print

il_570xN.286083594.jpg

Designed and hand-screen-printed by Magen Mitchell.

This print was inspired by the horror video game Catherine.
Hand printed with 2 colors of water-based ink on French Paper's Pop-Tone Razzleberry, 65# Cover paper. The print edition is limited at 30.
Size: 19 x 25 inches

Each print is individually signed and numbered on the bottom.

Print is inside a cello sleeve and is shipped in a rolled heavy mailer-tube.
PLUS and free goody with every order.

(sorry for bumping this for anyone looking for new ME related stuff)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jdklaffke']Hey, I was just wondering if the artist of this poster had to get some sort of permission from the owners of the "Catherine" name.[/QUOTE]

They are supposed to or they could be sued. Most people on Etsy don't get permission though.

damn, that is kind of tiny huh. I wouldn't want it to be super big either as I'd have nowhere to put it, but I'd prefer it a little bigger.

YEAH YEAH THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

I have spent less on Warhammer 40K models that are bigger. Major let down. I don't even get the joy of using it for anything besides look at! :p

That's what I thought. I've also seen people make piranha plant earrings (out of clay or some other molding material) to sell, and I wonder how in the world they got Nintendo's permission.

[quote name='giantqtipz']no dude.. that's what "I" said! you really don't remember do you ;)[/QUOTE]

The Office? Doesn't ring a bell?

Is Bioware gonna release any more lithos or did that goose finally keel over and die?

[quote name='confoosious']The Office? Doesn't ring a bell?

Is Bioware gonna release any more lithos or did that goose finally keel over and die?[/QUOTE]

They'll probably wait until closer to the ME3 release, because they announced the ME2 lithos are done.

[quote name='Jdklaffke']Hey, I was just wondering if the artist of this poster had to get some sort of permission from the owners of the "Catherine" name.[/QUOTE]

Most companies don't seem to mind..it isn't being presented as an official product or use official artwork. See all of those game/movie related tees that pop up on the daily tee sites and things like the I Am 8 Bit art show.

[quote name='diddy310']Most companies don't seem to mind..it isn't being presented as an official product or use official artwork. See all of those game/movie related tees that pop up on the daily tee sites and things like the I Am 8 Bit art show.[/QUOTE]

That is true, but they can still be sued. If it is used for satire, the laws are more lenient.

I had to go through all of this when I was starting a t-shirt company with my friend in 2004. We never followed through with it though.

Now it looks like everything is game. George Lucas used to sue everybody and now it appears he has given up.

The only problem is if you are a individual and have a good idea, someone is just going to rip it off within hours.

[quote name='confoosious']The Office? Doesn't ring a bell?

Is Bioware gonna release any more lithos or did that goose finally keel over and die?[/QUOTE]

I don't watch the office but I've seen commercials for it where steve carrell said "that's what she said"..

But the phrase existed before the show right...

[quote name='giantqtipz']I don't watch the office but I've seen commercials for it where steve carrell said "that's what she said"..

But the phrase existed before the show right...[/QUOTE]

Wayne's World skit used it. Maybe Beavis and Butthead as well.

[quote name='giantqtipz']not sure if you guys are interested, but the trading cards are $.49

http://store.valvesoftware.com/product.php?i=P0400

also is the medic litho limited to 100 prints??

"Lithograph measures 36" x 24" and is printed on 100# stock McCoy Silk Cover, Spot Gloss UV."[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Meet the Medic print had a signed limited edition like some of the Portal 2 prints did, those suckers going for $100 a pop. That said I got some Christmas money and decided to buy both the Meet the Medic and the Portal 2 movie poster, Pyro decal, along with several packs of the TF2 trading cards. I hope that I can at least get all the classes out of it and frame that some how.

Sort of ticked that they don't have the "free shipping with a $50+ order" any more, that just ment I bought less stuff from them and still spent $50 ($10 for shipping two huge lithos isn't too bad. But at least I got a free Aperture Science lanyard out of the deal. If you're interested just add the lanyard to your cart (have to spend at least $20) and use FREELANYARDFORSCIENCE at checkout. It's good until Jan. 2nd.

In any case I'm totally excited, I waited so long for a sale on those two lithos! :whee:

Head's up, Nakatomi Inc, will be selling this sweet looking Zelda tribute poster within the hour. It's 18 x 24 and limited to 100

The Hero's Triumph

tumblr_lxoe2pmvmc1qivc6eo1_500.jpg

Nakatomi is VERY proud to announce the release of artist Russ Moore's first new print for us- "The Hero's Triumph"!

This print will be available later today (THURSDAY 1/12/12) sometime between 2 and 2:30 pm CST. Keep an eye on our TWITTER feed for when it drops!

Russ just moved to Austin a few months back, and we were happy to help him with a print job he had for his site- http://greatunknown.bigcartel.com/ , and after meeting, we were very interested in working together- and this is the result!

Detail photo of the actual print below!

detail.jpg

"The Hero's Triumph" is a tribute to the greatest video game series ever made! This print measures 18×24 is 4 colors, and is signed and numbered in an edition of 100.

This print is in hand, and ready to ship- no waiting weeks for things to ship at Nakatomi! This print will be available at the drop time at the TOP of the ART PRINTS section of the Nakatomi store HERE.

Stay sharp!

Looks cool, but I'll pass. This does bring up a good question though... I don't know where creative expression ends and copyright begins, so is it legal for them to sell this?

I don't care if it's legal, I bought one! Thanks a lot for the post! I just sold my signed Dragon Age 2 Litho that was this size, and now I have the perfect frame :)

[quote name='Pookymeister']Anyone enter contest for the Mass Effect Lithographs on Facebook?
Illusive Man, 2x Normandy, Collectors, Korlus....signed.[/QUOTE]

Link? I can't find it....

[quote name='Pookymeister']It was on their facebook wall - only lasted a day or two.[/QUOTE]

I just saw that. Bummer!

I probably wouldn't have won anyhow....

[quote name='bredbu']Portal 2 litho
P2221main.png

is on sale at think geek for 19.99 http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/posters/e919/?srp=8
There is also a promo code for 5 off of 30 SCIFIDINER[/QUOTE]

I bought 4 Portal 2 lithographs during the Valve sale last month (including the one pictured, and I'm pretty unhappy with them. They're all way too dark and muddy looking. Print quality really seems to be off compared to the examle pictures on the selling sites.

Not bad, think it will sell out quickly? I can't recall a scenery litho ever selling out quickly... the character lithos, yeah those go like lightning, but it always seems like these tend to linger for a bit.

bread's done
Back