"The Longest Journey," is it good?

It is THE BEST point and click adventure game to ever grace the PC platform.

I bought it for $40 (though you can find it for considerably less) and it was worth every last penny.

I second that opinion. I'm a huge adventure gamer and The Longest Journey is one of my favorites. It's beautiful, puzzles are a great balance between too difficult and too easy, and the story is great. If you can find it, play it.

Amazon.com has The Longest Journey for $17.99. If you like point and click adventures, you could also grab Grim Fandango (another great one) from them for $9.99 and get them both shipped free. (They do free shipping for orders over $25)

Both games are fantastic, but since you specifically asked about The Longest Journey, I'll just say that it's my personal favorite PC game. Just reading this thread makes me want to play it all over again.

TLJ and Mafia are the only two PC games that I install and play over and over again.

If you find that you like TLJ, also look for Syberia.

TLJ 2 and Syberia 2 is in the works too. :D

TLJ2!!!

So, Syberia is another good title in the genre? Any other suggestions? I really enjoyed Grim Fandango.

Well,

I know we dont post links and all but look for a site called Just Adventure.

They have a lots of good recomendations.
FYI

Syberia is a gorgeous entry in the genre. This is a bit of a no-brainer, but you have to play the Monkey Island series, especially the last two (Curse Of and Escape From). Then there's always the old classics, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, etc. Also the Space Quest series is good. The Broken Sword games are generally very well-regarded also, though I have no personal experience with them.

I've been looking for Sam and Max and haven't been able to find it anywhere.

Anyone know where I can locate this?

Also, I second the Grim Fandango recommendation. It's an amazing and challenging game. Very funny, too.

I'd love to pick up syberia, but my graphics card isn't high-tech enough for it. Piss.

Another vote here for The Longest Journey and Syberia.

Look for Sanitarium - it's an older run, and should run on almost any system. It's a creepy, fun adventure game.

I just finished Syberia II and it is an excellent sequel.

The visuals are stunning. Especially during a dream sequence where they used a sepia tone.

Story continues right from the first game. Puzzles are of moderate difficulty.

The voice acting is very well done. The only downside was that the music was not on as often as I would like but when it was playing, it's wonderful.

I'm not a big fan of adventure games, but I loved Sanitarium. Ditto for The Longest Journey. I was lucky enough to find Sanitarium complete in great condition a few years back. I think some stores still carry it but in those jewel case only format for 9.99.

bread's done
Back