The Man with No Name Trilogy Blu-ray $19.99 @ Amazon DOTW

[quote name='Easystride']Tempting, but isn't the picture quality on this release questionable?[/QUOTE]

It's not bad considering what it is, but it's not Avatar quality either. In my opinion I think it depends on if you see yourself watching these films over and over. It also depends on if you want to save money for the inevitably good blu-ray deals in a few weeks on black friday.

I think the individual release blu rays have a better picture quality
I picked the 3 up seperately at frys a while back
These movies are so good

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']I think the individual release blu rays have a better picture quality
I picked the 3 up seperately at frys a while back
These movies are so good[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they're the same exact discs found in the individual sets

Picture of good, bad, ugly individual release:

9b8c810ae7a0378617c31210.L.jpg

and now from this "trilogy":

714jG3ULymL.jpg

I never watch old movies like this and yet I'm still tempted to buy it. Damn I hate November. It is my wallet's nemesis.

Ugh, I've been waiting for it to hit this price point, but all of my blu-ray money for now goes to the Criterion sale. Hopefully there will be an even better deal for Black Friday or something.

It's $6.66 a movie for 3 classic westerns. I can't see it getting much cheaper than that. The main thing I'm disappointed about with this set is the lack of extras. These films deserve a better treatment, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a more substantial release down the road.

I have no idea about the other two, but the audio re/mixing of Good, Bad & Ugly was a letdown, imo. The single-disc release of the bluray does not have the original mono track.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It's $6.66 a movie for 3 classic westerns. I can't see it getting much cheaper than that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying that I'm expecting it to get cheaper... Just that my money is tied up elsewhere in higher priorities right now. Hoping that it won't be too long until this deal comes up again.

[quote name='arcane93']Oh, yeah, I'm not saying that I'm expecting it to get cheaper... Just that my money is tied up elsewhere in higher priorities right now. Hoping that it won't be too long until this deal comes up again.[/QUOTE]

No no, I understand and I wasn't gearing that comment towards you, but more of a general statement fort those that are unsure whether to bite at this price because of BF coming up. I'm in the same boat as you due to that Criterion sale.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm in the same boat as you due to that Criterion sale.[/QUOTE]

Aren't we all? B&N was brilliant with the timing of the sale. They are sucking all those pre-Black Friday dollars away from their competitors. Very shrewd.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']Aren't we all? B&N was brilliant with the timing of the sale. They are sucking all those pre-Black Friday dollars away from their competitors. Very shrewd.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I'm sure that they chose their sale timings very specifically... July because that's the peak of summer, when people are going out doing other things and are not as interested in buying movies (so it's a good way to make up for that slump in sales), and November, when they can grab a lot of pre-Christmas dollars before the competition has really heated up. Still, I'm not complaining at all! :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']Pretty sure they're the same exact discs found in the individual sets

Picture of good, bad, ugly individual release:

9b8c810ae7a0378617c31210.L.jpg

and now from this "trilogy":

714jG3ULymL.jpg
[/QUOTE]
yeah your probably right,

I remember the quality being pretty grainy on the first two, and the third looked pretty nice

I also remember the lip syncing was really bad in the first two lol, but still one of my fav trilogies of all time.

Haha I thought the same thing about the lip syching at first and then quickly realized that all the films are dubbed. At least it wasn't my surround sound being out of synch.

[quote name='kyrhon']This is incredibly tempting...
Not sure if I want to wait for Black Friday deals to pop up though..[/QUOTE]

I bought it last year during one of Amazons LD around BF and payed a few dollars more than this, I would say this is a good buy.

I got it on amazon earlier this year for 26 but ended up selling it when I had to purge some of my collection on ebay ( broke even on it at least). But I recently regretted it, so I ordered it. I hope the Dirty Harry collection has a good sale this winter.

[quote name='mrhappi79']Fry's has this for $14.99 in today's ad. Price good until next Thursday, 11/17. Check the video game forum for Fry's ad posting.[/QUOTE]

Bah, "Shipping: Unavailable". Figures.

bread's done
Back