Not open for further replies.

Demolition Man

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
GWCt2.gif

No Anal Bleeding, I take it?

In response from the last thread...

The last thing the WWE needs is to focus on anything that does not involve PPV matches or people who wrestle.

Vince was a nice novelty ... in 1998. Almost 14 years later, we're at the point that everything is about characters who don't wrestle and evil / non-evil people in charge. How about letting the people who wrestle be the focus of the show?

[quote name='Clak']Because it isn't wrestling anymore.[/QUOTE]

I know your comment is a rhetorical response, but how does Johnny Ace, the evil TV character, make WWE any money?

Exactly?

The way they make money is (1) PPv (2) Live Events (3) TV revenue (4) Merchandise.

A non-wrestler TV character may help with 3, maybe some minor stuff with 4... but the primary stream of funds --- the character cannot help you draw money ever. The most insulting part of last night was the entire process builds to NO match. No matches. How does everyone come back to work 3 days later for Smack Down!? How does the fact that this is even happening make me buy a PPV, go to a live event, or buy a shirt?

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I know your comment is a rhetorical response, but how does Johnny Ace, the evil TV character, make WWE any money?

Exactly?

The way they make money is (1) PPv (2) Live Events (3) TV revenue (4) Merchandise.

A non-wrestler TV character may help with 3, maybe some minor stuff with 4... but the primary stream of funds --- the character cannot help you draw money ever. The most insulting part of last night was the entire process builds to NO match. No matches. How does everyone come back to work 3 days later for Smack Down!? How does the fact that this is even happening make me buy a PPV, go to a live event, or buy a shirt?[/QUOTE]
I have no idea. All I know is that for a guy who made his money on pro wrestling, Vince has been trying really hard lately to minimize it. WWE should stand for World Wide Entertainment at this point, because there is little emphasis on wrestling it seems.

[quote name='mykevermin']He's ashamed of wrestling. There's plenty of supporting evidence and zero contrary.[/QUOTE]

That's like a guy turning his daughter into a prostitute, not only encouraging but advertising unsavory things for her to do (that she'd never done before) to try out new markets and then after years of showing everyone she's a prostitute wanting to distance himself from her.

Turns out she was an accountant the whole time, he just really wanted her to be a prostitute and now, she'll never shake that bad rep HE gave her.

Thats what surprises me about the old IC title being brought back - it very boldly says Heavyweight Wrestling Champion on it.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']That's like a guy turning his daughter into a prostitute, not only encouraging but advertising unsavory things for her to do (that she'd never done before) to try out new markets and then after years of showing everyone she's a prostitute wanting to distance himself from her.[/QUOTE]
Steph might as well have been one during the McMahon-Helmsly Era, what with all the jokes and innuendo. But enough of that, who wants wrestling entertainment updates?

[quote name='PWI']- Hogan has signed a new deal with TNA, and that means Bischoff too. His deal was to expire this coming monday.

- The next guy WWE wants to make a franchise guy is Sheamus. Vince and Triple H is super high on him. the goal is to set him up as a huge deal going into Wrestlemania. WWE sees Sheamus and Mark Henry as the next tentpoles for Smackdown along with Orton. Current plans see Sheamus and Henry going at it at WM

- There's a lot of talk that by the beginning of the year, CM Punk will be walking into WM as the champion. When he gets the belt, no one knows. But the bigger news is that WWE does not want the belt on John Cena for his match with The Rock. Survivor Series will be the start of all the storylines leading into WM.

-The plans for the WWE network are to start off extremely wrestling heavy by using PPVs to draw in people in order to have cable networks carry the channel. The WWE is working hard to digitize all their footage in order to make running the network easier. Eventually, the plan is the morph from the heavy wrestling channel to a IP developmental umbrella similar to a lifestlye brand similar to Fx and Spike. WWE is 100% willing to go into debt in order to launch this and the future of the company revolves around this.[/quote]

I hope they don't forget the OTHER MITB WINNER while they're pushing for Wrestlemania later this year, even though I am very happy to hear about Sheamus getting a push. As for that very last bit...that worries me. They're acting like everything is going fine (which it isn't), and yet they're willing to go all-in on a network?

Oh yeah, I forget if it's been mentioned or not, but Khali has decided to not renew his contract, so him entering the Hall of Pain is more than likely the last we'll be seeing of him. I think there was something being mentioned that he might show up in future WWE movies, but he's definitely out of the ring.

Melina is auctioning off her clothing on eBay. I...I can't think of a joke at the moment. I'm too dumbfounded.

More from PWI is that WWE is looking for a screenwriter for THE MARINE 3. In a possibly unrelated story, they are also looking for film ideas for CM Punk to star in. :whistle2:#

And last but not least, video submissions of people trying to get admitted to Matt hardy's wrestling school.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sVn5mgZB7g

Just think what would happen if his wife becomes a US Senator. You really think Vince's ego could handle that?

What cracks me up about yesterday is that like some people have stated the main fucking people involved or directly effected by this shitty storyline were nowhere to be found last night, but yet divas, smackdown superstars, and no name jobbers on superstars are apparently voting for no confidence in HHH -cornette face-

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Melina is auctioning off her clothing on eBay. I...I can't think of a joke at the moment. I'm too dumbfounded.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to go with this as a perfect tagline for the auctions: "Anyone looking to have a bit of your favorite WWE wrestler from the past 5 years these are the clothes for you. I've got DNA samples from multiple wrestlers all over these and are highly coveted for this fact. I'll try to get as complete a list as I can so you can have all the information you need before purchasing."

Wordy I know, but first thing that came to mind.

[quote name='TheRock88']The other thread got deleted? That sucks.[/QUOTE]

The previous thread had gone past 500 posts and was locked before a new one started.

I'm all for that Sheamus push. Definitely getting a good crowd reaction since turning

I'm not sure where this puts Daniel Bryan... think they may need to have him lose that briefcase somehow as the final push to his heel turn. Putting the case on the line at TLC would work for that.

So I finally watched last nights show. Holy hell was that dumb. Only good thing that came out of it was Jericho's twitter comment about how only one man can fix things. Funaki.

Just think if you buy her bikini you can clone your own Batista.

Funaki left on his own terms when HBK retired. They are total bros.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The previous thread had gone past 500 posts and was locked before a new one started.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know the rules but I meant the "Anal Bleeding Wrestling Thread". Was there this morning with about a dozen or so posts already.

[quote name='Demolition Man']The previous thread had gone past 500 posts and was locked before a new one started.[/QUOTE]

No. A new thread was made and I locked the old wrestling thread. It must have been deleted by another mod.

[quote name='TheRock88']Yea I know the rules but I meant the "Anal Bleeding Wrestling Thread". Was there this morning with about a dozen or so posts already.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't even aware about that thread as I didn't see it at all when I got on this afternoon. So it looks like a mod deleted it.

Let's not get incredulous. The thread was titled "anal bleeding" and featured a video of Kurt Angle performing forced anal sex (at least that's what I gathered from the title of the video).

Shit be inappropriate, yo. Should have been deleted.

It's not surprising that Sheamus is over. Despite being a heel, he was pinned by a grand total of 5 people through Royal Rumble this year (Goldust, Evan Bourne, HHH, Randy Orton, and John Morrison late last year).

He was pushed as better than everyone else and was routinely put OVER people. A face turn was not surprising to me, especially after the MONSTER reaction he got at WrestleMania. My brother, upon hearing the crowd wondered why this guy was not on the main show. He was further surprised he was a "bad guy" at the time.

CM Punk just sent out a barrage of tweets that I assume are about the ending of Raw but could just as easily be about Operation Occupy Wall Street. More interesting if you assume the latter.

[quote name='renique46']Just watched the Kurt angle anal lock video and almost spit my drink out specially the clown part LMAO[/QUOTE]

Random Western PA fact: though it was (I assume, anyway) Kurt Angle in make-up, Buffo the World's Strongest Clown is a real thing.

http://www.buffo.com

One of my teachers back in high school was/is married to him. We learned this the day she had car trouble and had to drive the Buffo van to school.

World's Strongest Man. World's Strongest Clown. How did Vince not smell the money in this? Really, after all Henry had to go through, a program with a clown is way down on the humiliation list.

[quote name='CM Punk via Twitter']I think a lot of people are missing the point. Fans and coworkers alike. Walking out is a pussy move. There's a huge difference in what I did. I want change, and I can't change shit from my couch. I'm in the fox hole. I'm getting it done. I stayed to fight and I'm fighting for change. You can protest, violently or peacefully without actually showing up. Walking out isn't a solution at least not one that I've ever seen work. Hold 'em up. Make them change. Don't just walk out, or lay down. Fight. This goes for fans as well. Bored? Don't like @johncena ? Want more @ZackRyder ? Show up and be heard. Don't be a pussy and just tweet about it.

I want change, and I'll stand and fight for it even if I'm alone. Popular or unpopular, I could care less. Take your voting and shove it. Actions speaks louder than words. Except mine. My words are pretty awesome. No think about all that, and hopefully you'll get it. #fight

Too many tweets from me. Misspellings abound. You CAN'T protest without showing up. I am not Gandhi. I will kick your face. Don't like HHH as COO? Punch him in the face. I did. It's wrestling, not the NBA. #fight Next high kick to Johnny "Funkhauser" Ace won't be an accident.[/quote]

:rofl: @ I am not Gandhi. I will kick your face.

CM Punk: if you think our show stinks, buy a ticket and tell us it does.

riiiiiiiiiight, dude. right.

It's also pretty punk rock to talk like a macho misogynist and call people "pussy." At least, that's how I remember the scene. I'm sure Ray Cappo loved to call guys pussies.

:roll:

Huge laugh at Punk telling people to come and boo Cena if they want change. Yeah, that has worked so well thus far, right?

[quote name='mykevermin']Let's not get incredulous. The thread was titled "anal bleeding" and featured a video of Kurt Angle performing forced anal sex (at least that's what I gathered from the title of the video).

Shit be inappropriate, yo. Should have been deleted.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? What brain trust came up with that idea for a thread and actually did it?

SD spoilers give some insight on RAW

* SmackDown opens with Teddy Long and Zack Ryder backstage, talking about the walkout on RAW. Teddy says RAW's loss will be SmackDown's gain and Ryder chimes in.

* Vickie Guerrero, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, Cody Rhodes, David Otunga, Wade Barrett and Christian are in the ring to heat from the crowd. They talk about their grievances and threaten to boycott all WWE events because of unsafe working conditions, unless Triple H resigns as WWE COO.

* Alberto Del Rio comes out and says he and the other RAW stars won't return to Mondays until Triple H resigns. Teddy Long announces Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes and Christian for tonight's main event and up next is Del Rio vs. Sin Cara.

* Alberto Del Rio defeated Sin Cara, After the match, the black Sin Cara came out and attacked.

* Matt Striker interviewed Air Boom backstage and talked about them walking out on RAW. They're also staying on SmackDown until Triple H steps down.

* Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler beat Air Boom in a non-title match after Swagger and Ziggler attacked the champs during their entrance.

* Beth Phoenix defeated Alicia Fox in a squash and beat her up after the match while Natalya taunted her on the mic.

* Big Show comes out and talked about returning, then challenges Mark Henry. Mark Henry came out and says he will deal with Big Show when he's ready but Show doesn't deserve a World Heavyweight Title shot.

* Randy Orton is interviewed by Matt Striker and is asked why he didn't participate on the walkout at RAW. Orton says he will deal with Triple H personally, if he has issues with him.

* Big Show comes back out and says he wants Mark Henry tonight. This appeared to be an addition or re-tape to the previous segment.

* Ezekiel Jackson defeated Jinder Mahal.

* John Laurinaitis shows up in Teddy Long's office to offer his support.

* Hornswoggle and Booker T entertain the crowd in the ring, likely a segment for just us in the crowd. They both do Spinaroonies.

* Sheamus and Randy Orton beat Cody Rhodes and Christian.

* Mark Henry and Big Show had a staredown and teased a brawl to end the show.

Thoughts

So, a lot of guys are boycotting RAW. This gonna be the way to make people watch Smackdown? It was laughable when Triple H on RAW said "How have I done running RAW?" As the COO wouldn't he be running both shows or ya know at least over seeing something?" RAW should be kind of interesting to see who all shows up.

[quote name='mykevermin']CM Punk: if you think our show stinks, buy a ticket and tell us it does.

riiiiiiiiiight, dude. right.

It's also pretty punk rock to talk like a macho misogynist and call people "pussy." At least, that's how I remember the scene. I'm sure Ray Cappo loved to call guys pussies.

:roll:[/QUOTE]

He's quickly losing any street cred he built up this summer but he's captured the "larger audience's" attention at this point so you'll only see more "mainstreaming" of him happening in the coming months. Particularly if he's gonna be headlining Wrestlemania, dude's gonna prove himself as a company man through and through in the next few months.

Oh, I know he has to be. I'm sure he doesn't need much convincing. Pay me a six-figure salary and I'll actually start to believe in the existence of a real, congealed audience/fan experience that could plausibly be called the WWE Universe™ myself.

He's just not as clever as he thinks he is, nor as much as we like to think he is. He's a wrestler, he works us to get us to buy tickets so he can take home a paycheck. That's fine, that's his business. It's just a shame that the single most mainstream representative of sXe culture is so antithetical to the ideals of what punk subcultural ideals are.

Making a mountain out of a molehill? Perhaps. But it strikes me as classless when he has to call someone a "pussy," because that's the same attitude and lexicon I'm sure the "jocks" at his high school had when they wanted to make fun of him for having blue hair or listening to such "outside the mainstream" acts as Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

But bully for him. If he wants to be CM Jock on a seven-figure salary, that's not my call to make. That doesn't make me think that, as a (1) babyface, (2) as someone who is "punk" and whatever that is supposed to stand for, and (3) as an employ...independent contractor for a company that poorly attempts to promote an anti-bullying campaign - with all of that put together, for him to call someone a "pussy" as a term of denigration is pathetic.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I know that I'm probably one of the only people here, let alone in a wrestling crowd, who puts such importance and meaning on words. But like Michael Cole using "f-ggot" on his twitter, words have meaning and the persons who say them should be fucking accountable for them. Didn't Punk use some similar misogynistic term on twitter months back, only to be called out by a friend of his? He should be a helluva lot more careful with his words, then.

[quote name='mykevermin']CM Punk: if you think our show stinks, buy a ticket and tell us it does.

riiiiiiiiiight, dude. right.[/QUOTE]
Was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, I know he has to be. I'm sure he doesn't need much convincing. Pay me a six-figure salary and I'll actually start to believe in the existence of a real, congealed audience/fan experience that could plausibly be called the WWE Universe™ myself.

He's just not as clever as he thinks he is, nor as much as we like to think he is. He's a wrestler, he works us to get us to buy tickets so he can take home a paycheck. That's fine, that's his business. It's just a shame that the single most mainstream representative of sXe culture is so antithetical to the ideals of what punk subcultural ideals are.

Making a mountain out of a molehill? Perhaps. But it strikes me as classless when he has to call someone a "pussy," because that's the same attitude and lexicon I'm sure the "jocks" at his high school had when they wanted to make fun of him for having blue hair or listening to such "outside the mainstream" acts as Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

But bully for him. If he wants to be CM Jock on a seven-figure salary, that's not my call to make. That doesn't make me think that, as a (1) babyface, (2) as someone who is "punk" and whatever that is supposed to stand for, and (3) as an employ...independent contractor for a company that poorly attempts to promote an anti-bullying campaign - with all of that put together, for him to call someone a "pussy" as a term of denigration is pathetic.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I know that I'm probably one of the only people here, let alone in a wrestling crowd, who puts such importance and meaning on words. But like Michael Cole using "f-ggot" on his twitter, words have meaning and the persons who say them should be fucking accountable for them. Didn't Punk use some similar misogynistic term on twitter months back, only to be called out by a friend of his? He should be a helluva lot more careful with his words, then.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying and while you are certainly more incensed with his use of certain language than I am, I certainly see where you are coming from and I will say that I definitely agree with you. Particularly with your very astute observation that this language was probably the exact same language he was subjected to in high school. Now that he's the cool guy though, it's seemingly ok by him to become those people.

At the very least, for someone who prides himself on his clever use of language (and a microphone being a pipebomb in his hands), he could definitely choose more effective and inventive ways of insulting people. My biggest issue is with him is that he still tries to convey his usual "I'm not conforming" when in reality he is conforming and becoming complacent to the point that in a few short months he's become exactly what he was rallying again. He claims it wasn't sour grapes back then, but what is it now?

I do think it is ironic that the guy who was condemning WWE for their backstage politics and anti-bullying campaign is on twitter calling people pussies. You're right on that myke

bingo.

i wouldn't say i'm incensed. just that i've never (and you know this) been a very concise writer. so i ramble on, and people mistake that for *angry* rants.

i'm more let down that he would use such language than angry/irate/whatever. it's one of those "dude, you know better" moments.

[quote name='cdubb1605']I do think it is ironic that the guy who was condemning WWE for their backstage politics and anti-bullying campaign is on twitter calling people pussies. You're right on that myke[/QUOTE]

That's something I had forgotten about too. Part of his "WWE sucks" rant was that they were being hypocritical about the anti-bullying campaign. Sigh, now I am starting to get as aggravated as Myke is about this.

[quote name='mykevermin']bingo.

i wouldn't say i'm incensed. just that i've never (and you know this) been a very concise writer. so i ramble on, and people mistake that for *angry* rants.

i'm more let down that he would use such language than angry/irate/whatever. it's one of those "dude, you know better" moments.[/QUOTE]

Agreed especially since he already apologized once on his twitter for calling the guy in Australia gay.

[quote name='mykevermin']bingo.

i'm more let down that he would use such language than angry/irate/whatever. it's one of those "dude, you know better" moments.[/QUOTE]

Duly noted. I see what your saying and he could definitely do better than he is if he really wanted to be the rolemodel you know he wants to be deep down.

[quote name='cdubb1605']Agreed especially since he already apologized once on his twitter for calling the guy in Australia gay.[/QUOTE]

Ah-ha, yep. that was the one. thanks for jogging my memory.

Most of the punk rock kids I knew growing up wouldn't have batted an eye at calling someone a pussy or $$$$$$. Then again, they were more of the angry, pissed off punk kids.

While I don't disagree with you, let's not let this delve into a discussion of what is or is not 'punk rock.' I guess I'm going to rest my argument on him being the kind of person who doesn't believe in marginalizing others (see his apology for calling a fan a 'homo') - therefore he shouldn't be critiquing a male fanbase by denigrating women.

That's the last I'll say on that. It would be nice if WWE wasn't so fucking stupid right now - we could actually talk about the storyline(s?). Instead I feel that we're all peering through our index and middle fingers, waiting anxiously for the moment we all dread - this already awful storyline turning into a McMahon struggle for power of control of the organization.

In other news, the card for Bound For Glory looks good on paper. I say looks good on paper because I trust TNA will fuck it up from a wrestling perspective. That said, with HIAC this past Sunday, there is zero chance TNA can outdo WWE in run-ins this month (seeing as how the entire WWE roster ran in on the HIAC main event :lol:).

Oh no I agree with how stupid it is for him to say those things, for a variety of reasons. I'm just not sure it tarnishes any sort of punk image he has.

[quote name='JP']I'm going to go with this as a perfect tagline for the auctions: "Anyone looking to have a bit of your favorite WWE wrestler from the past 5 years these are the clothes for you. I've got DNA samples from multiple wrestlers all over these and are highly coveted for this fact. I'll try to get as complete a list as I can so you can have all the information you need before purchasing."

Wordy I know, but first thing that came to mind.[/QUOTE]

First thing I thought is that me and my buds could buy it and we can all guess whose "DNA" is on that particular Item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back