The Mickie James Roast Beef Wrestling Thread

Holy hell, for a moment I swore that was Magnum T.A., until i paused it and took a really close look at the face. Time has not been kind at all.

New "Off The Air" is out. Number #5. Search Youtube for it as I had to yank it due to....
the infamous shot of Steph's boobs hanging out right before Hunter attempted to pedigree her on the announcers table on Smackdown.

[quote name='Jim Ross']And now... Creed for the 89th time![/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Who you got tonight? Punk needs to walk out with the belt and Cena/Rock will sell without the title involved. If they're thinking long term to Wrestlemania (fat chance) Punk should win as they keep building to Punk/HHH next April.

That said, I expect nothing but Cena standing tall at the end of the night.

[quote name='lombarvm']"Summerfest" spoiler...[/QUOTE]

Like the commenter said, let's not start any ideas flying around. Loved the butterfly title being there.

I'm watching Bret Hart - Wrestling with Shadows at the moment. It's hilariously dated in some ways but it remains an interesting look at the height of the Monday Night Wars without the current WWE lens. At the end of the day though, Bret was wrong, you're leaving the company, you do the job and leave the title.

Wow WWF,WWE is terrible now. Just watched some oldschool ecw dvds on netflix and it had more entertainment in 1 match than about 3 WWE ppv dvds combined. I would like to see Mike Awesome(with the mullet) break John Cena's face.

Cena wins, Del Rio cashes in, Cena/Punk argue who has a right to challenge for the title leading to a triple threat at the next PPV.

But wait, that scenario doesn't involve Triple H.. hmm.. I really don't know what to predict with Triple H, but whatever happens, it'll bury everyone else.

Wait, you watched old school ECW dvd's on Netflix? How'd you manage that? They aren't streaming, and you didn't rent them since they're all OOP and unavailable (except WWE's ECW PPV's, and one of the ECW comp dvd's they put out). Also, Mike Awesome's kind of dead, so I don't think he'll be breaking Cena's face any time soon.

Went to this local show last night.. you guys got a laugh out of the vids last time so ill prob post some up later..

xnywyv.jpg

Was talking about Vader with a friend of mine.

WCW really nailed it with his first theme. Far better than anything else he ever got.

The whole thing was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-tGDV6gWgI

EDIT: Vader's WCW debut:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQYKQjzouYs

I wouldn't mind seeing WWE put out a "big men of wrestling" set, with like classic Vader and Stan Hansen matches on it; possibly go as far back as The Bruiser. But they'd fuck it up by giving Batista like all of disc 3 or something. Guess I'll just watch youtube instead.

Shinsuke Nakamura won the NJPW G1 Climax tournament in an event that also featured a singles match between Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima that was said to be excellent (the two were an amazing tag team in NJPW early in the last decade; it's akin to seeing a match b/w Edge and Christian after both developed prolific singles careers).

All I have to offer is this match b/w Davey Richards and Prince Devitt from last December:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwWdRdjZjs

If I order Summerfest I am out $55. If I go to Hooters and watch it I will have to take all kinds of s*** from the wifey. This is a tough call.

They misspelled "fest".

[quote name='mykevermin']Shinsuke Nakamura won the NJPW G1 Climax tournament in an event that also featured a singles match between Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Satoshi Kojima that was said to be excellent (the two were an amazing tag team in NJPW early in the last decade; it's akin to seeing a match b/w Edge and Christian after both developed prolific singles careers).

All I have to offer is this match b/w Davey Richards and Prince Devitt from last December:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSwWdRdjZjs[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, I haven't seen this match yet. Prince Debit-tah!

Look who crashed the show earlier:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V0IdyO4tuk&feature=player_embedded#at=121

I bet you all thought it was Melina, right? ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdFtwGgWyZ8

Well, they certainly updated Punk's on-screen graphics and theme song fast enough. That should please those who are afraid they will edit themes out of a refusal to pay additional usage fees. You know, like they would take out "Cult of Personality" and put in Katy Perry.[/QUOTE]

The fact that they mentioned HCTP like 3 times in there makes me happy. HCTP was the last wrestling game that I enjoyed.

Oh, I still have all of those DVDs. They're probably still worth fuck-all, like all my MIB ECW figures (the shitty ones, not the WWE-released ones).

Just heard (!) a radio commercial for RAW being in town tomorrow.

Amazingly enough, they didn't spoil anything. But one match for tomorrow is Rey vs. either Cena or Punk. (Of course, that could be the after-match... the time i went to SD tapings they had Rey vs. Kane in a cage, but it was a total dark match. And it'd be like them to put Rey in the "Send-em-home-happy" position.)

For SoCali CAGs interested, lower level seating is still available.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdFtwGgWyZ8

Well, they certainly updated Punk's on-screen graphics and theme song fast enough. That should please those who are afraid they will edit themes out of a refusal to pay additional usage fees. You know, like they would take out "Cult of Personality" and put in Katy Perry.[/QUOTE]

Apparently they couldn't afford the logos for Cobra Command or Pepsi though. Heck, I would think that would qualify as in-game advertising!

[quote name='mykevermin']WWE '12's Create an Arena feature in action:

wwe12wcwarena.jpg

Huzzah!

http://community.smackdownvsraw.com/forums/topic/110995

Not sure of all the features yet, but this feature could be great. Especially if we can download others' work. I don't like to do the Create-a-_____ stuff on my own, but I know there are crazy OCD motherfuckers who can (and will) do stuff I'd love to download and use.[/QUOTE]

This. x1000. I saw that picture and started thinking of being bored on a Saturday afternoon and turning on WCW Saturday Night and occasionally being treated to a high quality match or two. Especially from WCW's superb lucha roster.

I've got too many activities planned tonight, so I'll have to catch the show later. But I'm excited to see an epic night HHH screw things up even more...

No it's not. It's certainly good though. The foot on the rope ending absolutely killed all the heat they had built to that point.

The Del Rio thing was kind of predictable but Nash was a cool surprise.

Speaking of Nash, looks like we found a guy who can actually match Punk's snarkiness on the mic.

Kind of odd they went back to calling him Kevin Nash after what happened at the Rumble. He's one of the few where I suppose it doesn't really matter though.

Really? Now we have to endure yet another Del rio/Mysterio match tomorrow night only difference is this one is for the title. Way to come up with something new. I guess this is so they can appeal to the Hispanic audience in San Diego.....

Thumbs up on the PPV, with the exception of Cee-Lo. I don't understand why they have musical acts perform...ever.

[quote name='Spyder187']Really? Now we have to endure yet another Del rio/Mysterio match tomorrow night only difference is this one is for the title. Way to come up with something new. I guess this is so they can appeal to the Hispanic audience in San Diego.....[/QUOTE]

Or the hometown crowd... Rey's been billed from SD or Tijuana, MX for most of his career; the only thing separating the 2 cities is the international border.

OTOH, Del Rio wins tomorrow with the armbreaker and (hopefully) puts Rey back on the shelf.

Oh well. I'm still happy to see Nash back. I realize that I shouldn't be but I make no apologies, it's just wrestling.

I'm also happy that Triple H didn't overshadow the match. Yeah, him missing the foot on the rope thing will be mentioned but it didn't turn into the HHH show like I thought it would.

Orton sort of grew on me during his match. Not that I haven't enjoyed his stuff in the past, but it does get boring quickly. Between Christian and Orton, my choice going into the match was Christian by a mile, I still prefer him but the gap has closed somewhat. Orton doing the crazy thumbs up with his mutilated thumb was awesome.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Kind of odd they went back to calling him Kevin Nash after what happened at the Rumble. He's one of the few where I suppose it doesn't really matter though.[/QUOTE]

If the underlying idea is that Triple H is playing intentionally dumb in public but clearly masterminding a plot to make Punk's life hell (via Nash and...well, perhaps making him sweep up Steph's dog droppings), then calling him "Nash" makes more sense than "Diesel." Since it's supposed to be quasi insider and all that.

This is all clearly building towards a Punk/HHH feud, and we all know Triple H is Triple H. So pass, please. I'm sure the Nash/Punk part will be excellent for the (EDIT: duh!) mic work, as you note. But in addition to death and taxes, Triple H going over like a motherfucker is a certainty in life. So I'm not interested in that part of the feud.

Chill out on the del rio/Rey thing. It's not like y'all bring up every time two white dudes wrestle each other for the title. Was Punk/Cena an obvious pander to all the white folk? No? So why does it matter if two top card dudes wrestle each other one night if both are hispanic? Shut the fuck up with your white privilege selves. Jesus Christ.

del rio es el pinche campeon del mundo. or so he says. besides, the rey match is just for tomorrow night. lord knows del rio is just the trivet keeping the belt warm for cena. he'll be out for a few weeks picking a new crayola color for his merchandise.

Rey / Del Rio was a good feud that has never had a satisfying end. Their "last" singles match ended with a countout win, and he won the ladder match by tossing Rey's mask. There are reasons.

bread's done
Back