The Mickie James Roast Beef Wrestling Thread

[quote name='neocisco']¡Mentiroso![/QUOTE]

Mentiroso, Nada. No sabes cuanto yo odio a ese Pendejo de Rey Mysterio!!! Me gusta Del Rio, pero ya estoy casado de Del Rio contra Mysterio.

Ideally, HHH realizes it's time to help elevate someone else and he'll ultimately do the job to Punk. Hopefully his time away from the ring and his new responsibilities have given him a new perspective on his "spot". I ain't holding my breath but here's hoping.

Republicans will vote to raise taxes and nationalize the banks before Triple H does the "right thing" for the business at his own expense, neocisco.

[quote name='LoveLost']Mentiroso, Nada. No sabes cuanto yo odio a ese Pendejo de Rey Mysterio!!! Me gusta Del Rio, pero ya estoy casado de Del Rio contra Mysterio.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

;)

Nah, I got the gist of it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Republicans will vote to raise taxes and nationalize the banks before Triple H does the "right thing" for the business at his own expense, neocisco.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he'll look in Punk's eyes and he'll see.

[quote name='mykevermin']that's probably a reference to something. i don't get it.[/QUOTE]

Opening lyric to "Cult of Personality" slightly paraphrased.

[quote name='mykevermin']Chill out on the del rio/Rey thing. It's not like y'all bring up every time two white dudes wrestle each other for the title. Was Punk/Cena an obvious pander to all the white folk? No? So why does it matter if two top card dudes wrestle each other one night if both are hispanic? Shut the fuck up with your white privilege selves. Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE]

Way to be a douchebag Myke. The rey/Albert of the river gripe is because its damn near as played out as ortne/cena at this point. Shit has gone on forever and is really weak. Also, I bring up the "pandering to the hispanic demographic" mainly because, well, it has been stated numerous times about Rey was being kept on Smackdown just for that purpose; to keep up the Hispanic veiwership. Now that task has been placed onto Sin Cara. Not to mention that being San Diego, well, it's kind of obvious what the market audience is in the area.

I didnt bring it up as a racist point which you have tried to turn it into. Also, I have no damn clue wtf these white privileges are, as I seem to have missed out on them. So by all means, please feel free to clue me in on them and send some of them my way.

i_like_where_this_thread_is_going1.jpg

EDIT - If we get the Nash DVD set I want out of his probably brief return, I'll be overjoyed.

[quote name='Spyder187']I have no damn clue wtf these white privileges are[/QUOTE]

It's you asserting that the title winner and the challenger are there to appease a particular racial demographic. Saying that assumes this match could never happen outside of the geographic area of southern CA, and since this very match has happened in every city five times over now, we know it's not that.

Your white privilege is that you never attributed any title defense in any city to Cena, or Punk, or Orton, or Christian (or HHH, or anyone of the hundreds of white guys before hand) - you never accused their race of playing into why they had the belt. You see race when it disrupts your worldview of white people on top of everything.

You're the one who brought race into this thing, so don't you dare act like you're just a naive ol' hillbilly who is just bringing up demographics.

Given:
1) The rematch with Rey we've known about for 1-2 weeks now.
2) We know WWE Creative is writing shit as late as they possibly can, ergo 3:
3) There is little to no chance that WWE had any idea who was leaving with the belt tonight until about 6-8 hours ago, let alone 1-2 weeks.

So for you to ignore the way WWE creative conducts their business (that is, in a panic and under the gun) and say it's all planned to make hispanics happy is teeming with racism and white privilege. Just because you "didn't mean to" say something inherently offensive doesn't make it not offensive. I saw a pretty righteous car crash while driving to Brooklyn yesterday. If the driver at fault did not mean to hit the car in front of them, does that mean the wreck did not happen?

Can't say I expected all of that to happen tonight; messy but there may be something to work with.

Dollars to donuts that Trakan posts within the next day complaining about how everyone shit on TNA for using Nash but it's okay when the WWE does it. Or something to that effect.
[quote name='Mr. Beef']Yes, let's get away from this whole Mexicool nonsense.

http://twitter.com/#!/wyshynski/status/102936773721718784[/QUOTE]
Totally fucked up but I laughed pretty hard.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Can't say I expected all of that to happen tonight; messy but there may be something to work with.

Dollars to donuts that Trakan posts within the next day complaining about how everyone shit on TNA for using Nash but it's okay when the WWE does it. Or something to that effect.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't see anything that happened tonight so I can't comment on that but it's been pretty clear for a while now that there's a prevalent anti-TNA bias in these threads. Yes, valid claims can be made about certain aspects of TNA but far too often it's people just making broad generalizations about a product that they spend little to no time actually watching. Reading spoilers and catching the occasional leaked (and I'm sure completely unbiased) news does not constitute being informed.

Perhaps, ugamer, but 1 Nash ≠ 1 Sting, 1 Flair, and 1 Hogan (and Bischoff).

Nash has been on WWE programming twice this year. On the other network, they're about to put on a main event PPV match where the young guy in the match is 52. And that dude just recently lost the title to a younger, hungrier, 43-year old spring chicken.

To be fair, Angle still gives it his all most nights. You don't see other 43 year old's doing moonsaults of the top of the cage when they've already made their name (and money) in the business.

The first thing I hear when I watch the ending via Youtube: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" from Booker T as ADR comes down the ramp.

I hate his commentary so, so much.

Russo booking swerve ending aside, its sad when now whatever nash has to do with this storyline seems to be the only interesting bit.

Indeed. Angle is a convincing champion. Sting has not been.

TNA is an organizational mess that is being bled dry by the same parasites who ruined WCW. So if there is a "bias," it's because, aside from little compelling reason to watch TNA from a creative or programming standpoint, and aside from being told "wrestling matters" when it gets no more respect than TNA ever already has not given it since Russo was hired, it's hard to get behind a product where there's no glimmer of hope in the future of the product. Wrestlers are treading water; Samoa Joe is quietly doing what Gail Kim has been openly doing in WWE: not giving a shit and showing it, week in and week out. Jay Lethal has joined Ring of Honor because TNA took him, built him up, put him over Ric Flair, and then removed him from TV. Crimson is a default CAW with half the charisma. Mister Anderson should exchange his trademark microphone for a droid, since he's been phoning it in the whole fucking time. There's potential in the tag division, and a few singles guys who are really hard working. But they're mired in the morass of Hogan hauling his broken carcass onto TV, the miasma of creative writing that flings arbitrary and empty insider phrases at us as if we care, and is a program that treats wrestling with less dignity than commercial breaks.

Saying there's "bias" against TNA implies that its unreasonable. The way I see it, you're arguing the same thing as conservatives who lambast a "liberal bias" in media, or whatever. It's not a liberal bias; it's a stupidity bias. Michele Bachmann is a raving fucking lunatic who deserves to be regarded as such, and TNA is a promotion that squanders every opportunity it has had handed to it to succeed, and continues to waste money on busted up past-middle-aged men who haven't had "it" in nearly a decade or longer, and waste money on WWE's hand-me-downs.

It's not bias, it's pretty clearly describable: TNA is fucking terrible.

Ring of Honor desrves your non-WWE television viewership once they get back on the air. They work hard, they respect wrestling, they have some characters but not enough that it looks like a goddamned floorshow of redneck stereotypes and cartoon characters. They have maintained a fanbase despite a pretty frequent cycling of upper-card talent out of their company. They took the slow route, didn't search for a money mark dipshit daughter of an energy tycoon to bankroll another failed playground project.

We don't give ROH the respect it deserves (perhaps cuz that Anse prat still posts around here on occasion). We give TNA precisely what it deserves: scorn and ridicule.

[quote name='neocisco']I didn't see anything that happened tonight so I can't comment on that but it's been pretty clear for a while now that there's a prevalent anti-TNA bias in these threads. Yes, valid claims can be made about certain aspects of TNA but far too often it's people just making broad generalizations about a product that they spend little to no time actually watching. Reading spoilers and catching the occasional leaked (and I'm sure completely unbiased) news does not constitute being informed.[/QUOTE]

I don't hate TNA just to hate TNA. I just hate what TNA has become which is recycled WCW. Yeah they did an all X-Division PPV a month ago which is all fine and dandy but did that do anything really in the long run for the company? No not really since we're back to the same old same old recycled WCW taking up the show's time. Trust me I have tried watching Impact every few months but just can't get into it. Believe me I really wish TNA would get a clue as to what fans today want instead of recycling WCW but sadly that won't happen until either there's a major change in the company entirely (since the current folks to be honest won't change things), Panda Energy pulls the plug, and/or Spike TV finally gets tired of the flatline ratings even after all the money Spike has invested into the company for hardly any gains so they drop TNA from their network.

[quote name='mykevermin']Ring of Honor desrves your non-WWE television viewership once they get back on the air. They work hard, they respect wrestling, they have some characters but not enough that it looks like a goddamned floorshow of redneck stereotypes and cartoon characters. They have maintained a fanbase despite a pretty frequent cycling of upper-card talent out of their company. They took the slow route, didn't search for a money mark dipshit daughter of an energy tycoon to bankroll another failed playground project.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely true words myke. I for one am looking very forward both to their next iPPV (Death Before Dishonor 9) along with the return to TV. If this says anything I'm actively avoiding the spoilers from the TV tapings as I want to watch the shows on TV without knowing what's going to happen
outside of the McGuiness one that ROH "spoiled" on their own Facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, BFG is like about 3 miles from my house, and cheapies are $12. I can totally roll up to Temple's campus by bicycle and go to their show.

Hmm. $12 ain't bad. Cheaper than WWE, far cheaper than NJPW.

[quote name='mykevermin']To be fair, BFG is like about 3 miles from my house, and cheapies are $12. I can totally roll up to Temple's campus by bicycle and go to their show.

Hmm. $12 ain't bad. Cheaper than WWE, far cheaper than NJPW.[/QUOTE]
I did the same thing for BFG '09. It was worth it, arena wasn't even full and it was easy to move up to the front of our section.

Much more reasonable than the prices for whatever WWE show is in town.

[quote name='mykevermin']To be fair, BFG is like about 3 miles from my house, and cheapies are $12. I can totally roll up to Temple's campus by bicycle and go to their show.

Hmm. $12 ain't bad. Cheaper than WWE, far cheaper than NJPW.[/QUOTE]

Give it time myke before TNA starts giving tickets away for free just to get people in the door.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Give it time myke before TNA starts giving tickets away for free just to get people in the door.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty damn sure they gave away free tickets for BFG '09.

[quote name='mykevermin']If I buy a ticket maybe they can pay the undercard for a change.[/QUOTE]

Naw. It's instead going into the pockets of the usual huge headed ego inflated dinosaurs in the company. See: Bischoff, Hogan, Jarrett, Sting for examples.

Couple of points: when Sheamus went through the wall into the crowd, he landed on a planted Joey Ryan and Scorpio Sky from PWG. Also, when TNA ran their PPV from SoCal, they heavily papered the event by passing out tickets with flyers following a PWG event a few weeks before the PPV.

Just curious, but is Kevin Nash really in any condition to wrestle? That and really in some form or another I can see Nash being used to become ADR's new bodyguard now that he has the belt.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']

[/QUOTE]

I (or maybe Brak) already pointed that out in January when he showed up at the Rumble.

[quote name='neocisco']I didn't see anything that happened tonight so I can't comment on that but it's been pretty clear for a while now that there's a prevalent anti-TNA bias in these threads. Yes, valid claims can be made about certain aspects of TNA but far too often it's people just making broad generalizations about a product that they spend little to no time actually watching. Reading spoilers and catching the occasional leaked (and I'm sure completely unbiased) news does not constitute being informed.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Another thing that comes to mind is a while back, someone posted early spoilers about AJ Styles winning a Ladder match by pinfall. Everyone gave the usual TNA comment and joked about it, but when I actually watched it, that didn't even happen. Nobody had bothered to post about it either.

[quote name='neocisco']far too often it's people just making broad generalizations about a product that they spend little to no time actually watching.[/QUOTE]

I can't hear you through all this irony.

[quote name='bardockkun']Just curious, but is Kevin Nash really in any condition to wrestle? That and really in some form or another I can see Nash being used to become ADR's new bodyguard now that he has the belt.[/QUOTE]
He hasn't been in any condition to wrestle in about 12 years.

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']He hasn't been in any condition to wrestle in about 12 years.[/QUOTE]

What gave it away?

[quote name='mykevermin']If I buy a ticket maybe they can pay the undercard for a change.[/QUOTE]

Naw, you don't have to worry about that since they're operating in the black and all. All good. Jimmy Yang(Wang?) doesn't know what he's talking about.

CM Punk beating Cena (AGAIN :bouncy:) AND Adr winning the belt in the same night? PPV well done WWE. :applause: Granted, I wasn't too thrilled to see The Big Lazy AKA Nash do the dirty work, (haven't you billed ADR's cross armbreaker to be devastating?) but that leaves room for some semi-interesting triple threat oppurtunities between Punk Cena and ADR. On the subject of TNA hate, it fucking deserves MORE than it gets. I watched TNA when it was good. Everybody remeber Joe-Styles-Daniels? The "THIS IS AWESOME" chants? The absolute HATE heels got, seriously how Jeff Jarrett didn't die is beyond me. Christian getting his REAL first world title win. When the fans came for the X-Division (that all X Div. PPV was little consolation) and the tag team action between LAX, Styles/Daniels, MCMG, etc. Russo was actually coming up with decent stuff back then. But as always, his head reverts back to it's normal in-ass position, bringing Hogan and his lackies to stink up the joint. It's that much harder for me to swallow because I knew it when it was good, as I slowly inched off WWE once Cena was going from Cool to Tool. :roll: Now, I'm just ticking down the time until it sadly goes to its grave ala WCW. :booty:

[quote name='RealDeals']...as I slowly inched off WWE once Cena was going from Cool to Tool.[/QUOTE]

You had me until this. Cena was never cool.

[quote name='advanced']You had me until this. Cena was never cool.[/QUOTE]

I knew someone was gonna fight me on this. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't Y2J or anything, but then he still had a decent repertoire of moves and his gimmick was entertaining for the white boy rapping if for nothing else. :lol: He still had some distinct flavor to him, instead of "say your prayers, eat your vitamins" 2.0.

[quote name='RealDeals']I knew someone was gonna fight me on this. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't Y2J or anything, but then he still had a decent repertoire of moves and his gimmick was entertaining for the white boy rapping if for nothing else. :lol: He still had some distinct flavor to him, instead of "say your prayers, eat your vitamins" 2.0.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, he might as well have been saying that. We all loved Macho Man Jay Lethal. :lol:

Seriously though, I've just never cared for him. If you had enjoyment, at least they succeeded, right?

[quote name='advanced']Honestly, he might as well have been saying that. We all loved Macho Man Jay Lethal. :lol:

Seriously though, I've just never cared for him. If you had enjoyment, at least they succeeded, right?[/QUOTE]

Trust me, after the way they completely spayed all semblance of personality off of him, ANY enjoyment I got out of his character was gone. Hell, I wanted fucking Umaga to beat him, ANYONE, I wanted this old lady to walk down the ramp and beat him with that super claw attack at 0:18. :rofl:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvEjjIWMlco

EDIT: FINALLY, someone Hogan can outwrestle.

[quote name='RealDeals']
EDIT: FINALLY, someone Hogan can outwrestle.[/QUOTE]

It'd be a close fight, but only because she's 10 years out of her prime. :lol:

Hmmm, Nash showed up on the WWE ppv? He was supposed to be at the local show here Saturday night and was "unable to compete due to injury" and was replaced by DDP (who did nothing but give some guy in a leisure suit a Diamond Cutter). The main event changed from Nash vs. Carlito to Eric Young vs. Carlito. At least Al Snow and The New Age Outlaws showed up.

[quote name='jbroush99']Hmmm, Nash showed up on the WWE ppv? He was supposed to be at the local show here Saturday night and was "unable to compete due to injury" and was replaced by DDP (who did nothing but give some guy in a leisure suit a Diamond Cutter). The main event changed from Nash vs. Carlito to Eric Young vs. Carlito. At least Al Snow and The New Age Outlaws showed up.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the injury was to his bank account and WWE was the cure for that? :lol:

And here we are, folks, the future of WWE. CM Punk headlines SummerSlam, and Del Rio walks out the WWE Champion. These are both talented guys who are totally capable of carrying a feud and storyline on their own, yet they've been saddled with addition after addition from the Vince McMahon & Friends roster. *That's* the future of WWE.

Think about this storyline. Punk vs. Cena really should've been a pretty standard rebel vs. company man storyline, which both of the guys involved could've pulled off, and well, by themselves. Sure, the use of the McMahon character is fine for the initial 'don't leave with my belt!' portion, but the overall feud could've easily been carried on the backs of Punk and Cena. To me, all last night illustrated is that they don't feel like they can sell a major PPV on the idea of CM Punk.

Given the MitB ending, SummerSlam was an easy sell. The returning rebel vs. the company man for the right to be the real champion. Within 8 days, they watered it down by bringing back Punk too early *so he could start interacting with HHH*. Let's call it what it is, shall we? They brought him back so the Punk/HHH feud could begin. Cena, for the most part, was an afterthought. He was around, but just like Cena/Miz/Rock, there was a third wheel... this time it just happened to be Cena.

If you want a clear message that this company is unwilling to trust new stars, look no further than last night. They added HHH to the SummerSlam match for no discernible reason. They had Kevin Nash interfere for, uh, some reason that I guess we'll find out, but I'd be willing to bet has something to do with a McMahon. Ask yourself... in a world not run by McMahon ego, did Punk/Cena really need any help? Did we really need to involve people like HHH and Nash? None of the fantasy booking scenarios that were tossed about on here had little to do with older wrestlers, because their inclusion makes no sense to anyone who doesn't have a VP plaques on their door at WWE Headquarters.

This brings me to my next point, which is that it's too soon to have put HHH in this role. I understand that he will eventually become Vince McMahon, but I can't quite divorce HHH from his in-ring days yet. To me, he's not an authority figure, he's a wrestler who now wields power, which is exactly how they've written him. The fact that the show now completely revolves around him doesn't help. I feel like we're back in the early 2000s, but the only difference is that HHH isn't carrying a belt. Until he says he's never getting back in the ring, it's too soon for this role. We can make joke after joke about him winning belts and being on top, but I defy anyone to tell me that they honestly believe HHH won't be semi-main eventing WM28. Belt or not, I'd put money on HHH being in the match that occurs directly before Cena/Rock. He had built up a lot of goodwill with me during the fairly understated Taker feud, but it would appear that the spotlight monster is already back.

So yeah, great, Nash is back. I like Nash, but his injection into a feud like this is unnecessary. It's just another symptom of the problems inherent with WWE booking, and it's really kind of sad. I knock TNA a lot, but they have a similar problem with not letting younger guys carry the company. I applaud them, though, for not pretending the way WWE does. TNA books main events like Flair/Angle and Sting/Hogan. They cut out the middle man and don't even pretend like they aren't relying on older talent. WWE chooses to keep tossing older stars into the mix with the younger guys, but under the guise of getting the young talent over. Miz could've carried a WM feud with Cena, but they chose to insert The Rock. Punk was carrying a feud with Cena, but now we've got HHH and Kevin Nash. I guess the other question is... well, when is WWE going to realize that maybe Cena's the problem?

This company isn't going to change. Last night, to me, was a bigger slap in the face than Punk returning after 8 days, because it was a complete no-confidence vote for Punk. The man energized the crowd and the product in a way that hasn't been done in close to a decade, yet WWE decided that he wasn't getting it over enough. Well, maybe that's too fair... maybe it was just that HHH saw Punk getting over and decided that he didn't like it. He wanted, no... NEEDED to be a part of this storyline because of his own ego. If this was going to be the turning point for a new era, he wanted the history books to reflect that he was a part of it. It's a need he'll always have, because no matter what he does, he'll never get the recognition *he* feels he deserves. When people talk about the Attitude Era, how often do they bring up HHH? Outside of DX, it's pretty rare. I imagine that, deep down, he resents that. He was a big part of that era, yet all people talk about is Rock and Austin. What credit does HHH get for anything? Presiding over the most boring span of years in recent memory, when Raw became the HHH show and the belt belonged to him and no one but him. That's his legacy. You can tell it gnaws at him, you can tell he wants to be 'the guy'. Going back to DX, it's funny watching the DX reunion DVDs, because he pretends that they're a team, but he's always angling himself as the alpha of that pair. They flipped it, all because HHH needs that recognition. Ultimately, it's the fact that he tries too hard that will shoot him down every single time.

The Punk storyline has turned into Invasion 2.0, where something interesting has simply turned into the McMahon show. Where the people who should be carrying the feud are pushed aside for anyone in the McMahon circle. Really think back to how excited you were a month ago, and then realize that Kevin Nash just showed up.

There's the future of the WWE.

I'm glad someone else thought the PPV ending was terrible. What justification does Nash have for entering the picture? Upset because Punk didn't take up his bodyguard offer on Twitter?

You know, with the way WWE whores out social media, that wouldn't be surprising.

[quote name='Scorch']I'm glad someone else thought the PPV ending was terrible. What justification does Nash have for entering the picture? Upset because Punk didn't take up his bodyguard offer on Twitter?

You know, with the way WWE whores out social media, that wouldn't be surprising.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he is ADR's new bodyguard? You guys are too quick to judge.

bread's done
Back