The most pointless, dumbest topic, but I just had to post this for some reason

alonzomourning23

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
It seems ann coulter is on myspace.com link

I dunno why, I just felt compelled to post this. It seems like she's nice to those who agree with her, looking at the posts anyway. Guess if you like her work this may be interesting. Doubt she'd respond to anyone who hates her though, she probably gets plenty of that.

She is the most evil woman in modern history. I get sick reading the hatred that she spews. I can't understand why any credible news organization would air her.

I have one of her books, it was great fun to read, but after about 150 pages she just repeats how evil democrats are, over and over again.

I think her books [at least based on my reading] are deeper than her columns. In her columns, she's got limited space, and is competing with millions of other websites, so she's got to do something to grab attention and keep it. Which she does, regardless if you like her or not. Whereas her books, odds are you're somewhat interested in the topic if you're picking it up, so she can be a little 'calmer'.
Same thing Rush had to do with his tv show versus the radio show. Different time spans, different time slots, different markets, you have to target your output differently.
I read her columns, not religiously, but when I think about it. She can be somewhat, harsh, sometimes, but in general, I agree with many/most of her points, though I might phrase them in a different ways.

E-Z-B: You sound just like her there.

[quote name='dtcarson']E-Z-B: You sound just like her there.[/quote]

Yeah, I guess you're right. I sound just like Ann Coulter when she says:

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity."

"The good part of being a Democrat is that you can commit crimes, sell out your base, bomb foreigners, and rape women, and the Democratic faithful will still think you're the greatest."

"Indeed, an attack on America by fanatical Muslims had finally provided liberals with a religion they could respect."

"Liberals hate America, they hate 'flag-wavers', they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam (post 9/11). Even terrorists don't hate America like liberals do."

Apart from the first sentence [because I don't know directly about whom she's speaking, and I don't agree with forced acceptance of religion, any religion], I see nothing false in her other statements.
And at least her statements have some actual positions which can be argued, rather than the blind emotionalism and 'I hate her I hate her I hate her!' of your post. Not to mention the sheer lack of perspective--Ann Coulter, the most evil woman in modern history? Um, yeah. Better browse your history book again.

Here's some more quotes from Ann Coulter plus reference on the first ones posted:

I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly." - MSNBC March 22, 1997.

"I think we had enough laws about the turn-of-the-century. We don't need any more." Asked how far back would she go to repeal laws, she replied, "Well, before the New Deal...[Brought to you by Franklin Roosevelt not the Emancipation Proclamation]]] would be a good start." - Politically Incorrect May 7, 1997

"If those kids had been carrying guns they would have gunned down this one [child] gunman. ... Don't pray. Learn to use guns." - Politically Incorrect, December 18, 1997.

"The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail." - Fox News, Hannity & Colmes August 24, 2001.

"The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet--it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars -- that's the Biblical view." - from her column "Oil Good; Democrats bad" (http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/coulter101300.asp) October 12, 2000

"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." - National Review "We should invade their countries." (http://www.nationalreview.com/coulter/coulter091301.shtml) September 13, 2001

"God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it! It's yours." - Fox News, Hannity & Colmes, June 20, 2001.

"Then there are the 22 million Americans on food stamps. And of course there are the 39 million greedy geezers collecting Social Security. The greatest generation rewarded itself with a pretty big meal." - WorldNetDaily, December 2, 2003.

"When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors." - at the Conservative Political Action Conference (http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/031104A.shtml) February 26, 2002.

"Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now." - Talking Ann Coulter doll, Conservative Book Service (http://www.conservativebookservice.com/BookPage.asp?prod_cd=C6230&sour_cd=ANB000101) (from Slander, pp. 5-6; published June 2002).

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building." - in a New York Observer interview (http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0ICQ/2002_August_26/94386624/p6/article.jhtml) August 26, 2002.

"Of course I regret [the previous quote]. I should have added 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and the reporters.'" - in a rightwingnews.com interview (http://rightwingnews.com/interviews/anncoulter.php) June 26, 2003.

"It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted." - [7] (http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,956452,00.html) May 17, 2003.

"I think [women] should be armed but should not [be allowed to] vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it...it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care." - Politically Incorrect, February 26, 2001.

"I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote." Fox News, Hannity & Colmes, August 17, 1997.

"The Episcopals (sic) don't demand much in the way of actual religious belief. They have girl priests, gay priests, gay bishops, gay marriages -- it's much like The New York Times editorial board. They acknowledge the Ten Commandments -- or "Moses' talking points" -- but hasten to add that they're not exactly "carved in stone." - from column "The Jesus Thing" (http://www.anncoulter.org/columns/2004/010704e.htm) January 7, 2004.

"Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity (as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of 'kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed')". - from her column (at townhall.com) (http://www.townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/ac20040304.shtml)March 4, 2004.

"My libertarian friends are probably getting a little upset now but I think that's because they never appreciate the benefits of local fascism." - MSNBC February 8, 1997.

"Women like Pamela Harriman and Patricia Duff are basically Anna Nicole Smith from the waist down. Let's just call it for what it is. They're whores." - Salon.com November 16, 2000

"Let's say I go out every night, I meet a guy and have sex with him. Good for me. I'm not married." - Rivera Live, June 7, 2000.

"A couple [of] alleged males attempted to sucker punch a 100-pound woman and missed. And they ended up with their faces smashed in and spending the night in the Pima County Jail, where I'm sure -- being good liberals -- their views on gay marriage will serve them well." - On a pie throwing incident against her in October, 2004. The Sean Hannity Show, October 22, 2004.

"They are lucky we allow [ Canadians ] to exist on the same continent." - Hannity & Colmes, November 30, 2004.

"To The People Of Islam: Just think: If we'd invaded your countries, killed your leaders and converted you to Christianity YOU'D ALL BE OPENING CHRISTMAS PRESENTS RIGHT ABOUT NOW! Merry Christmas."

Say what you want about me, I'm not flaming hatred and intolerance towards mankind.

[quote name='dtcarson']Apart from the first sentence [because I don't know directly about whom she's speaking, and I don't agree with forced acceptance of religion, any religion], I see nothing false in her other statements.
And at least her statements have some actual positions which can be argued, rather than the blind emotionalism and 'I hate her I hate her I hate her!' of your post. Not to mention the sheer lack of perspective--Ann Coulter, the most evil woman in modern history? Um, yeah. Better browse your history book again.[/quote]

I used to think you were rational, now I think you're just insane. You honestly believe liberals think rapists, murderers, saddam etc. are great? You honestly believe liberals hate every religion but post 9/11 islam? You honestly believe they hate america and wanted it to be attacked? If you agree with her statements, that's what you're saying. How is that anything more than "I hate liberals, I hate liberals", there is no way to make a rational argument out of those statements.

bread's done
Back