The "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig Memorial / Tribute Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']Quick updates from the bizarro land known as WWE executives:

Mysterio's contract is up in April. Will he re-sign, or will he take a limited schedule with TNA by the summer?

Let's not think about *building to* a women's match. Perish the thought! Instead, blame them for their woes.

"Hmm. How can we help elevate the women's division on the whole? Let's toss some ideas around."

*farrrrrrt*

"That's it!"[/QUOTE]

I could go either way on Mysterio... I'm not totally sure if he's a broken down guy who just can't stop, or a guy who keeps coming back because he gets a shit-ton of money from the biggest wrestling company in the world. If it's the first one, he'll be in TNA. If it's the second, I'd picture him negotiating a retirement match with WWE and quietly fading away.

If I had to pick, he doesn't strike me as a guy who would go to TNA. They simply wouldn't offer anything beyond a place to perform, and a sort of sad one at that. It's a step down. It's where guys like Hogan and Flair go when they can't stop. My hope is that the Russo/Lagana switch-off will go far to correct that notion, but we'll see. Mysterio tends to get hung up on contract stuff because WWE continually undervalues him, and because I'd guess he's smart enough to realize he shouldn't accept less money to continue beating up his already broken the fuck down body. He's trading money for health at this point, and I just don't see TNA having the resources to give him a deal he wants. That's just my take on it, anyway.

... and that Divas thing? That seems to indicate that Kharma *won't* be ready for Mania. It seemed like a lock that we'd get Beth Phoenix/Kharma, but that quote seems to indicate otherwise. Unless, of course, that quote is about all of the other Divas, which I'd be totally okay with making that a dark match. fuck all that. If they're going to treat them like shit on a normal basis, do me the favor of hiding them in the pre-show. Plus, I mean shit, maybe next year they'll be in a world title match!

Anyway, both more indications of the cracks in the armor. WWE can usually be counted on to deliver good, if not spectacular, programming for the run up to WM. They, uh, haven't this year. Seriously, if we can't count on them getting the Mania build right, then why the fuck even watch?

Scenario 1: Eve uses Zack Ryder to get to John Cena. Result: Eve is a bitch.

Scenario 2: Daniel Bryan uses AJ to keep the Big Gold Belt(tm). Result: YES! YES! World Heavyweight Champion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back