The "My Hauls from Circuit City Liquidation" Thread

ricoraney

CAGiversary!
I've been hearing a lot of negativity regarding Circuit City as a whole. However, I can not agree with the masses, due to the fact that about 95% of my experiences have been pleasant ones. Thanks to some of the unsung heroes that I have developed great relationships with. So in saying all this, I am going to miss CC. Not just because of the aforementioned, but because they did have some of the best sales and clearances I have seen by any retailers.

Well here is my haul thus far, what's yours?
Wii Fit: $77.00
Oblivion: CE (XBOX 360): $23.97
Xbox 360 HD DVD Player: $20.68
Kirby Squeak Squad (DS): $11.68
Lunar Knights (DS): $10.66
KH: Re Chain of Memories (PS2): $17.99
Persona 3: FES (PS2): 11.98
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS2, Orig. Black Label): $7.99
No More Heroes (Wii): $11.98
Folklore (PS3): $10.22
Beijing 2008 (PS3): $10.22
Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection (PS2): $11.68
Devil May Cry 3 Dante's Awakening: SE (PS2): $5.98
Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (Orig. Xbox): $8.68
Perfect Dark Zero: Limited CE (XBOX 360): $10.66

The Circuit City liquidation was horrible experience wise. I went there and they had the Guitar Hero World Tour was marked up 40$ from retail to just be discounted to normal price heh

[quote name='soonersfan60']I was hoping to find some Gamecube games (like Battalion Wars or Skies of Arcadia), but mine didn't have any--not even old sports titles. :([/QUOTE]

That's because CC cleared out there old GC games gradually over the last few years. I remember picking up Skies of Arcardia Legends for $1.99 from them back in the 2005 time frame.

I actually had some good experiences in the past couple of days since they marked things down 30-40%.

Xbox 360 wireless network adapter - $69.99
Gears 2 - $42.99
PS3 Blu-ray remote - $14.99

I should have waited a day longer for the adapter. I bought it at 30% off and the next day when the markdown was 40% they still had a ton left. The Gears was a good deal in my opinion. By the time I got off work when they raised the markdown, all copies were gone.

I probably won't be going back there anymore. Not much was left in my store. RIP CC.

And I cannot seem to find No More Heroes anywhere!!!

[quote name='gomikeoh']wii points cards for... 13.99 each, got 3. that should last me this whole gen.[/QUOTE]

Dammit, you're lucky. Both the CCs I checked were out of the Wii Points by the time the discount was only 10%.

In fact, by the time the discount on games was 20%, most of the good stuff was gone. I'm amazed at how many stupid people are in this city.

Wow, the OP actually snagged some CAG-worthy prices. I was under the impression that the liquidation was just an overpriced joke, so I've stayed far, far away.

RIP, though. I'll miss those $8.96 clearance games.

[quote name='gr8asianman']:ps3:Fallout 3 CE @ $35.99
:ds:The World Ends With You @ $17.99
:dvd:Battlestar Galactica Season 3 @ $29.99[/QUOTE]

that is a beautiful deal right there.

[quote name='cranguy']Wow, the OP actually snagged some CAG-worthy prices. I was under the impression that the liquidation was just an overpriced joke, so I've stayed far, far away.

RIP, though. I'll miss those $8.96 clearance games.[/quote]

About the only one the OP didn't get a really CAG worthy price on was the HD-DVD drive for the 360, since they could've bought one from Sears for $4.97 or $12 a pop from Kmart when they were clearing them out too.

But all in all, you may get SOME good deals, though you have to practically wait until the end of the liquidation sale for the %'s to be higher.

Unfortunately though, all of the normal idiot consumers buy up all of the overpriced shit within the first month and what's left by the end of the sale is more or less a scratch and dent sale, where you may or may not get a deal on a item that may or may not work in 2-3 days/weeks/months.

I picked up pans labyrinth on bluray for 19.40 after tax and about 2 weeks ago picked up Battlestar Galactica season 2.5 for about what amazon has it for after I paid tax. Wish it was cheaper but glad I got it when i did because now they are out of them.

Pan's Labyrinth was a ridiculously good movie, better than I expected a Portuguese movie to be. Good find. When I went to CC they had nothing that I wanted, not even a cassette to headphone jack adapter.
smile.gif

I picked up a stack of around 20 penny guides (given to me for free), a 1600 points card for $13.99 and a 2000 point wii card for $11.99. I'm expecting a huge haul during the 50% - 60% days.

[quote name='elcheap0']Pan's Labyrinth was a ridiculously good movie, better than I expected a Portuguese movie to be. Good find. When I went to CC they had nothing that I wanted, not even a cassette to headphone jack adapter.
smile.gif
[/quote]

Portuguese? The movie takes place in Spain, they speak Castillano (Spanish), and the director/writer is from Mexico. Where does Portuguese come into play?

In any case, it is an excellent film. I also enjoyed El Orfanato (The Orphanage), which Del Toro produced, and many of Del Toro's other works. Check them out if you haven't already.

bread's done
Back