The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

For anyone still refreshing, this message was posted an hour ago. 

Gold Headsets are gone, DS4s are still up. VERY FEW consoles going up tomorrow. Digital stuff later - possibly next week..

Ps3 was a slim. A 120gb I believe. The ps4 was an original model with the glossy HDD cover

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Ps3 was a slim. A 120gb I believe. The ps4 was an original model with the glossy HDD cover

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
Nice! Thanks. I hope everyone gets the same unit. I wouldn't want a Super Slim. I never liked that system from the moment I saw it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was actually wondering how many people on here are going to get a PS4 Pro?

I've already reserved mine and will pick up day one, very excited.  Plus I doubt I'll be fast enough to get one if it pops up on RLS.

Just curious if anyone else is excited for it.

I've already reserved mine and will pick up day one, very excited. Plus I doubt I'll be fast enough to get one if it pops up on RLS.

Probably not. No real reason for me to get one right now.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've already reserved mine and will pick up day one, very excited. Plus I doubt I'll be fast enough to get one if it pops up on RLS.

Pass for me. My PS4 works fine, and the omission of the 4K drive is kind of bothersome. I have a 4K TV, but I guess they kept it out to keep the price down. Enjoy it though!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Already have a regular PS4 don't see much need for the Pro atm.

I'm not really into the whole 4k revolution especially having an Ultra Wide Monitor and hoping that we go towards that direction (Since Movie Theaters are already ultra wide getting 4k tvs with black bars just seems so dumb)

Furthermore... gotta save up for a Nintendo Switch

Already have a regular PS4 don't see much need for the Pro atm.

I'm not really into the whole 4k revolution especially having an Ultra Wide Monitor and hoping that we go towards that direction (Since Movie Theaters are already ultra wide getting 4k tvs with black bars just seems so dumb)

Furthermore... gotta save up for a Nintendo Switch
That Switch video was very interesting!

I will say it made me sad how it went from console to portable so easy. Sony could have easily cornered that market with Vita remote play and cross play, but they gave up on it so quickly. :(

PS4 500gig for 25000 pts and $110. 7 avail at post.

Edit: Gone. Now that I have that out there.. wow that's a lot of points and money. WAY excessive. I have lost hope for a reasonable price on PS VR on the catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:
PS4 500gig for 25000 pts and $110. 7 avail at post.

Now 4 left.

Edit: Now that I have that out there.. wow that's a lot of points and money. WAY excessive. I have lost hope for a reasonable price on PS VR on the catalog.
Agreed. I have 21k points and still 4k short to get that console. Crazy

Let's hope they add refurbished psvr units on the site. Then again those are unicorns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Let's hope they add refurbished psvr units on the site. Then again those are unicorns.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Refurbished units a few weeks ago was a unicorn. Refurbished PS VR anytime in the next year would be like whatever the equivalent of an unicorn is TO a unicorn.

I have a feeling we got the refurb units due to trying to sell through old models. The PS3 is last gen and the PS4 500gig will be slowly phased out for the slim.

Omg! I missed a restock!? Wait, they were out of my price and points range, lol. Hopefully some CAG's were able to get some consoles!

Imma come right out and say it. We're spoiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure. The short of it is we are, but that point count hurts. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone with 25k points unless their Sony rep comes by the store often.

These guys are doing the Sony reps a huge favor. Constant communication and contact. It really saves Sony a lot of money.

Sure. The short of it is we are, but that point count hurts. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone with 25k points unless their Sony rep comes by the store often.

These guys are doing the Sony reps a huge favor. Constant communication and contact. It really saves Sony a lot of money.
There's a ton of people on Twitter who don't buy any of the games, and accessories. They just bank points until big items come along. Speaking of banking points, there was a post on Twitter regarding the Auction possibly coming back. The point that some of the items go for is insane. I want to say I remember someone blowing 20K on a controller. Yeah it's free, but you could've bought so much more...

I think they're nerfing points, there was a ton of quizzes and points, and items only costing 1k

I'd have to agree. They used to put quizzes up for 3k points but now 500 is the tops I've seen. This isn't bad so long as their point costs adjust as well. They used to have to do the auctions to try to reduce the amount of open points and I haven't seen that in a while.

I wonder what else these guys do for Sony. This can't be the only thing they do.

I'll wait for the games to be updated. The only system I have bought was the $2 ps3. Still hoping for Mafia, tomb raider, and maybe Dragon Quest builders. A guy can dream

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

PPD= points per dollar

$400 Console = 25k points /$110 = 227.27 ppd 

$60 Physical Game = 3k points /$10  = 300 ppd 

$60 digital game = 3k points / $5 = 600 ppd

Dualshock 4 = 6k points / $10 = 600 ppd

Gold Wireless Headset = 6k points / $20 = 300 ppd 

So the points are definitely all over the place and a little bit of consistency would be nice, but with profit margins and the costs of hardware vs the costs of software being different, it's tough to be consistent.  Was this useful? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Was I bored? Yes. 

PPD= points per dollar

$400 Console = 25k points /$110 = 227.27 ppd

$60 Physical Game = 3k points /$10 = 300 ppd

$60 digital game = 3k points / $5 = 600 ppd

Dualshock 4 = 6k points / $10 = 600 ppd

Gold Wireless Headset = 6k points / $20 = 300 ppd

So the points are definitely all over the place and a little bit of consistency would be nice, but with profit margins and the costs of hardware vs the costs of software being different, it's tough to be consistent. Was this useful? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Was I bored? Yes.
#SlowClap :pray:

I'll admit I've done a 180 on the Pro. After seeing it and how it was going to effect things, it's just a suped up PS4, most people are happy with the current PS4.

That said, I'm trading up to the Pro. 1080p / 60fps is what I've wanted for this gen (granted it depends on the dev). I'm not going to be upgrading my TV till the real PS5 comes out.

I'll admit I've done a 180 on the Pro. After seeing it and how it was going to effect things, it's just a suped up PS4, most people are happy with the current PS4.

That said, I'm trading up to the Pro. 1080p / 60fps is what I've wanted for this gen (granted it depends on the dev). I'm not going to be upgrading my TV till the real PS5 comes out.
I'm going in on the pro, even if I only have 1080p for a while.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm a lil upset cause we should have already had 1080p60 on all three current gen consoles but most devs rather push consoles and sacrifice resolution and especially framerate in the process.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm a lil upset cause we should have already had 1080p60 on all three current gen consoles but most devs rather push consoles and sacrifice resolution and especially framerate in the process.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
People wanted pretty more than functional. A system that could do both wad cost prohibited.

Back when the rumors where 4k blu-ray drive and a more substantial upgrade.... day one

After announcing just a normal blu-ray drive and not as substantial of an upgrade.... sometime down the road once it proves to be worth the upgrade.

Granted if a sweet enough trade in deal pops up it may sway me but as of now its a pass.

So I got my refurbished PS4 from the site. What's the best way to warranty this you think? Squaretrade or purchase directly from Sony? Can we even purchase a warranty through PSN from Sony on these? Anyone with past experiences?

You can purchase a warranty through psn. Just log into the psn store and buy it through there. Search for protection plan. Apparently it works for any ps4 you own during that 36 month period. Though that's what they said over the phone, so take it with a grain of salt.

It has been over 36 months and I'm unable to repurchase* it, so I wonder if it's for life so long as whichever console you wish to redeem it on isn't over 36 months old... Sorry I'm not much help here, if someone knows more please let us know.

Edit: repurchase*

You can purchase a warranty through psn. Just log into the psn store and buy it through there. Search for protection plan. Apparently it works for any ps4 you own during that 36 month period. Though that's what they said over the phone, so take it with a grain of salt.

It has been over 36 months and I'm unable to repurchase* it, so I wonder if it's for life so long as whichever console you wish to redeem it on isn't over 36 months old... Sorry I'm not much help here, if someone knows more please let us know.

Edit: repurchase*
I'll take a look when I get home. I purchased the best one I could for my launch PS4 so it may be covered. I'm hoping this refurbished one will last a while because I'm getting jet engine cooling on my launch PS4. I know I could void the warranty of my launch system and add more thermal paste to the GPU but I would rather just trade it in.

So my gold headset came in today. I don't think I've ever had them ship anything nearly this quickly to me.

I'm shell shocked, I just won a glacier white PS4 in the stream, I never win things.

If you missed it, Vikings looks like an awesome game!

..Did I really just win something?

I'm shell shocked, I just won a glacier white PS4 in the stream, I never win things.

Yeah I saw, congrats! The game does look good.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Holy crap you were one of them. Congrats man!

Congrats. The On Playstation gods have favored you.

Now tell them to update games! I Got a PS4 now and want some games to play on it!

bread's done
Back