The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

I'm mostly hoping they might have some copies of Bioshock Infinite to pop up. They've been mentioning it a lot and someone asked and their response was "One never knows what one might find..."

[quote name='fireball343']any word on what exactly the #presents thing was???[/QUOTE]

I'm not seeing anything. It could mean that Bjorn is ordering more items for the catalog update; another promotion is in the works, or maybe they're going to select winners for attending the live chat. They didn't announce anything officially, but I could see them doing that especially since they gave away those bookends before.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']It is Bioshock Infinite, but it will be on Monday. Advocates only.[/QUOTE]

Works for me! ;) 3,000 points won't be too much to part with. I just hope the update is around 1PM. I work later in the day....

Same here, they said they'll try to get it up before noon PST. Hopefully earlier than that. I work at 3pm EST, luckily I live not far from work. Getting this would kill what's left of my points, but I really want to play this game. Otherwise I'd end up waiting until the Fall and hope it drops to 20 on some xmas special.

[quote name='ScorpioKyle']It is Bioshock Infinite, but it will be on Monday. Advocates only.[/QUOTE]

That is going to be one mean April Fools joke if it never shows up :(

lol i have monday off and i'm waking up at 8am and sitting on the site to grab bioshock. i believe the twitter feed said there were approx 200 to go around.

i traded with another cag for the season pass and got my gamestop boys to get me the preorder bonus shotgun. also picked up the industrial revolution browser game somewhere.

lol i even rented the game last tuesday and played a little than got all my goodies. i have to restart to get the industrial revolution goodies. yet i am tempted to wait it out until i know i have my copy secured.

my body is ready...

After playing the PsPlus trial of Infinite, I won't be that sad if I miss the update on Monday. It was enjoyable, but as far as the "greatest game evar RFDSAFSDFD!!!" factor goes I'm nonplussed.

I think chances of grabbing one should be decent if there are actually 200 copies, given that this is Advocate only.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']After playing the PsPlus trial of Infinite, I won't be that sad if I miss the update on Monday. It was enjoyable, but as far as the "greatest game evar RFDSAFSDFD!!!" factor goes I'm nonplussed.

I think chances of grabbing one should be decent if there are actually 200 copies, given that this is Advocate only.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you won't get to anything groundbreaking in the demo, which is too bad. It's not one of those types of games that lends to demos well.

[quote name='TheHelix']Noooo I work Monday, please restock later in the day

*breaks CheapAssHustler's gaming rig*[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's great! I mainly want Bioshock so I can test out the Pulse Headset specific audio profile. I have multiple ways of getting online. Tablets; smartphones, desktops. I'll be lurking, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Lol, that's great! I mainly want Bioshock so I can test out the Pulse Headset specific audio profile. I have multiple ways of getting online. Tablets; smartphones, desktops. I'll be lurking, lol.[/QUOTE]

I'm stoked about the Pulse profile as well. I usually go 360 for multiplatform games, but the Pulse/Move support and $10 pricetag are tempting me to make an exception.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I'm stoked about the Pulse profile as well. I usually go 360 for multiplatform games, but the Pulse/Move support and $10 pricetag are tempting me to make an exception.[/QUOTE]

YOU FORGOT THE MOVE SUPPORT BRAH

Seriously though please update in the afternoon lol

[quote name='TheHelix']YOU FORGOT THE MOVE SUPPORT BRAH

Seriously though please update in the afternoon lol[/QUOTE]

Reread what you quoted.

So from what I can tell I will be able to take my PsPlus trial save and use it when I get my RLS disc...can anyone confirm this? It's not the end of the world but it'd be nice to save myself an hour of expository cutscenes.

FYI, completing both of the Bioshock Infinite modules for the current contest will give you 5000 points. I was surprised since they didn't mention it anywhere.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']FYI, completing both of the Bioshock Infinite modules for the current contest will give you 5000 points. I was surprised since they didn't mention it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

They mentioned it on twitter. I can't find the tweet at the moment. Most of the time when a game is mentioned through the banner, and there's quizzes tied to them, that normally grants bonus points. I didn't notice the points until I checked my point total. I went from 3,000 to 14,000 with the current promos.

I honestly think the update is going to go live around 1PM. Most of the updates seem to happen around that time.

Edit: :hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:CAH always coming through with the hotness!!:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

Here's the latest tweet from On.Playstation: "Ladies and Gentlemen! As promised, BioShock Infinite will be made available to advocates this morning. It will go live in roughly an hour."

Who called it??? You're welcome. ;)

[quote name='TheHelix']Let's rap battle[/QUOTE]

I can't rap for the life of me, lol. On that note, the update is going live in about ten minutes. Get ready!! :bouncy:

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I can't rap for the life of me, lol. On that note, the update is going live in about ten minutes. Get ready!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

april fools! (everyone get away from my game)

Got one! It was down to 164 when I ordered it. Now I can go to work. Hope everybody got one as well. Enjoy!

8 now ---probably gone as I finish this post...

AWRIGHT, managed to snag one but the stock was dropping fast. The count was over 200 when I saw it on my laptop and down to 190ish when it refreshed on my phone.

Man, that thing is gonna go fast. I started to panic because even though I got it into my cart the "checkout" button wasn't working. Eventually got my order to go through though.

Anyone care to share their opinion? Should I play Bioshock 1 and 2 first (I own both but they are in my gaming backlog) or should I start with Infinite?

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Anyone care to share their opinion? Should I play Bioshock 1 and 2 first (I own both but they are in my gaming backlog) or should I start with Infinite?[/QUOTE]

Definitely play 1+2 first. I haven't played the second one, but I have an Xbox copy and a copy through PS+. I haven't played the second one yet, but one is simply amazing. I finished it at least three times. The first two take place in Rapture, and this new one is a departure from Rapture. Would you kindly play the other two now? (You'll get the reference later.) ;)

@batman1939, Was Journey added today? I snagged a copy when it first was available.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Anyone care to share their opinion? Should I play Bioshock 1 and 2 first (I own both but they are in my gaming backlog) or should I start with Infinite?[/QUOTE]

from what i heard no. at story levels they are separate

but i have also heard counter arguments as well

bread's done
Back