The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I just won a Uncharted GOTY PSN Code :D

awesome.

EDIT: !!! WAIT !!! Does this actually include the complete game of Uncharted 2 ? or just all the GOTY DLC ?[/QUOTE]

You didn't win it. You got it for completing the course. It's for all the download content, not the game.

i got my because i have not bought anything in almost a year and a half. i spend a total of maybe 4500 since i signed up.

71k i would suspect that that user took every quiz ever available since that user began on this site. as well as never spending a dime.

eh..I have a little over 4k and all I want to get is modnation racers. any idea if that's ever going up?

I hate that there's not a timeline or any knowledge of when something might be put up to trade points for. :(

agreed on that. i mean. i am happy i can participate in the site. i am happy with the modules. they are very helpful. the rewards options are good. especially for someone like me who has not jump into the ps3 hardware/software.
BUT....
it would be nice to know what to expect and when to expect.

Bummer I was hoping I could get an uncharted code, but it seems they don't send out automatic codes like that unless you're fully verified. Guess I'll have to wait another month until I start working again... Hopefully they'll retro-actively send it.

I would be curious to know if anyone who ordered the hardware bundles actually received them in the mail yet. it was what, a month and a week or 2 ago.

[quote name='thekrayze']I would be curious to know if anyone who ordered the hardware bundles actually received them in the mail yet. it was what, a month and a week or 2 ago.[/QUOTE]

Yes, page 21, post 415 said they received their order and that it took 3 weeks.

i don't want to redeem it as i already have it. can anyone who has downloaded it using the rls code, confirm it's for multiple dlcs vs only siege map pack

I redeemed mine earlier today, and while Siege was the first thing to pop up, everything else was sure to follow.

Now if only I still had my copy of Uncharted 2...

I also got a number of things when I entered the code. In all, it listed 28 things that I was supposed to download. You just have to hit confirm a bunch of times first, then you'll get to the screen that shows you everything.

I don't have access to anythign but software, could someone post a list of what the points costs are for some of the accessories, interested in seeing if I should hang on to the points or for a couple more months or just spend them.

Does anyone know how the advocate thing works? For instance, I probably logged in on May 15 (after a while of not checking the site). Does is have to be 6 months time or as soon as you log in for the 6th month? Tomorrow will be my 6th month of logging in (May, June, July, August, September, and October 15th) but it will have only been just over 5 months time.

Also, does anyone know if becoming un-verified in that time messes up the count?

sorry, i should have clarified, this is an advocate only item.

the accessories I have are the following points
ac adapter - 1000
blue tooth headset - 5000
ps3 blu-ray disc remote - 1500
cradle for pspgo - 2000
ps3 controllers - all for 6000
comes in 4 color, black, red, silver, blue
hdmi cable - 2500
pspgo headset - 1000
pspgo traveler case - 1000
and wireless keypad for ps3 controller - 5000

it is rumored that the hardware bundles are for ps3, psp, and pspgo
ps3 bundle - 20000
psp and pspgo was lbetween 12000 - 15000

if anyone remembers what the exact ones were, please clarify.

I say "RUMORED" because i have not seen the hardware bundles on here since the initial time they were added (in fact, i did not see them at all. i they were gone before i saw them) (i do believe they exisit. they are being played by the unicorns and leprechauns)

Thanks for the quick and thorough response! Couple extra controllers would be nice. I guess no Move stuff on there, at least not yet, looks like that would be somewhere in the 10k point area if that was released based on the prices for everythign else. Hope the store gets some nice updates soon, I'm sitting on about 22k points right now.

[quote name='thekrayze']sorry, i should have clarified, this is an advocate only item.

the accessories I have are the following points
ac adapter - 1000
blue tooth headset - 5000
ps3 blu-ray disc remote - 1500
cradle for pspgo - 2000
ps3 controllers - all for 6000
comes in 4 color, black, red, silver, blue
hdmi cable - 2500
pspgo headset - 1000
pspgo traveler case - 1000
and wireless keypad for ps3 controller - 5000

it is rumored that the hardware bundles are for ps3, psp, and pspgo
ps3 bundle - 20000
psp and pspgo was lbetween 12000 - 15000

if anyone remembers what the exact ones were, please clarify.

I say "RUMORED" because i have not seen the hardware bundles on here since the initial time they were added (in fact, i did not see them at all. i they were gone before i saw them) (i do believe they exisit. they are being played by the unicorns and leprechauns)[/QUOTE]

happy to help

I have not seen anything major since i received advocate status in august (end of august)

i would suspect move would be added. this is only an assumption because i don't know for a fact. from prior posts, rls seems to add new software releases usually 2 to 3 months later. Also, the addition of hardware accessories is somewhat new. it was only 7 months or so since that email stating about becoming an advocate and the new rewards that could be available. i guess only time will tell.

I was there when they had all three up and i am on it every day and i think it's a quartly thing because they showed up at the end of q3 and haven't been seen since, i won the ps3 bundle and for some reason it was a 120gb, not 160 -250 or the move bundle

the ps3 bundle i won was 120gb slim w/ lbp goty, infamous, mlb10 the show-20,000

the pspgo was a black system budled with d/l versions of lbp, a socom i think and another game, forget about any acc. came with or not- 12,000

psp-3000 bundle was gloss black with lbp, socom and something else, foget about if any acc. were included or not- 12,000

i could see how that could be a quartley option. it was at the end of august. i think it was on the 29.
if that is the case, i am sad because that means i need to wait 2 1/2 months.

i will take leap and say, i think we all do not care when they put up those rewards. we just wish we knew when to expect them.

the lack of knowing when is really what frustrates me. i check daily, and i mean like every 30 mins or more often from 11am est to like 9 pm est
(my reasoning is that if the rls hq is on the west cost. 11am for me is 8 am for them. and 9 pm for me is 6 pm for them.)

[quote name='lo6ick']i don't want to redeem it as i already have it. can anyone who has downloaded it using the rls code, confirm it's for multiple dlcs vs only siege map pack[/QUOTE]
Just so you know, you can login to your PSN account online and redeem a code and make sure it's valid + see the contents without fully redeeming it. On that first screen after you input the code you can hit the Cancel button and it will not use the code.

[quote name='Xero Vortex']

Also, does anyone know if becoming un-verified in that time messes up the count?[/QUOTE]
I don't believe it would mess up the count.
For 3 months I was not verified. I then became verified and sure enough 3 months later I'm now advocate.

I got a blue controller this week from RLS. I've been waiting to spend all of these points but they've had crap on this thing all month so far. At least I have a DS3 now; I was still rocking the original Sixaxis!

The RLS is now on Twitter -

http://twitter.com/#!/playstation_rls

Dunno yet how much info they will be posting up - just sent a "follow request". I still wish they would do Facebook also since I hate Twitter and never really check it. but still - this is a move in the right direction... now just to see how well they use it.

i agree. step in the right direction. facebook would be better. for now. i will try to follow them on twitter. i am having some issues.

So do we have to follow them to see their tweets then?

Good find by the way, hopefully we'll get some interesting info from this. :)

their profile is locked. i think you need ot request to follow them. i think after they accept you, you will see their tweets.

My request was granted shortly after sending it today.

Their page is pretty empty thus far, as is to be expected, but here are a few tweets that are semi-interesting.

"Stay tuned for RLS updates..." (Tweeted on October 5th)

"The RLS has finally gone Social! Follow us here for regular updates on modules, sweeps, and rewards!"

So it looks like this will be a lot like the Expertzone twitter where they retweet stuff that's related to Sony as well as have updates specific to the RLS. Here's to hoping it serves us well! :)

Thanks for the info about the twitter account.

Here's the last message: "New inventory is on the way! Keep an eye out for an announcement in the next couple of days..."

Hopefully it's something great. Like more PS3's.

Haha, yes! It is at least good to know that new stuff is on the way. Even if it isn't something as big as a PS3, it's still nice to know to expect something new.

dude. this is exciting.

I have a feeling they will restock the accessories/games that are currently out, but nonetheless, it is big.
I downloaded a twitter app for my winmo phone. i will be watching it like a hawk now that i know it will be soon. I am hoping soon means today or tomorrow.

again. these steps are big and in the right direction.

No new items for advocates - and GOW3 does not show under a Traget or BBY account. What store do you work for Xero?

[quote name='Xero Vortex']Hm, odd. I work for Target. It still shows up for me. You guys haven't grabbed it already?[/QUOTE]

nope not showing under the Target account I am looking at right now - and modnation is also gone - maybe because I just ordered it? But ya, no God Of War 3 at all. I do see Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2.

i am with target also.

I do see mod and Uncharted2 and heavy rain.

i want to pull the trigger on heavy rain and mod. hell even uncharted also, but i do not currently own a ps3. that is why i am hoping for the ps3 bundle to return.

i did post a tweet to rls on twitter. i will show you the reply.

-RLS: Thanks to our many new followers! Keep checking back with us for updates on modules, sweeps, contests and catalog updates!
-Me: @PlayStation_RLS question, i think we all are curious. does that mean you mat tweet just before new items arrive. modules, rewards etc...
-RLS: @thekrayze Yes. Our intention for this twitter account is to better communicate updates to all areas of our site. (Mods, rewards, etc.)

Great. New stuff to the advocate catalog. But I'm not an advocate yet. That would suck if they put up systems just for advocates.

as of now. there is NO new items to the advocate catalog. but i am thinking you are refering to the tweet from RLS.

if so. i will be watching closely.

i have a feeling it may only be to restock the hardware accessories that are gone (controllers, PS3 eye, etc)

of course, i hope for ps3 and psp if i can be a little selfish

I was told by a Sony rep yesterday that the advocates will have new games show up before non-advocates. I think he said only 30 days instead of 90.

We have a store meeting tomorrow and the Sony rep will be there and he wants questions about ANYTHING. I don't really have anything at the moment but if anyone has any questions I'll check right before work in the morning, 8am EST, and I'll be sure to ask.

Hey rls folks...anyone here that doesn't use Home social service on ps3 that could hook me up with the Mafia 2 avatar fedora? You just got to answer a few qs to get the codes. If any kind souls could help, I'd appreciate it alot!

bread's done
Back