The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

I would not expect move controllers till late Jan. Pre-Christmas you have gift givers, post-Christmas you ahve gift cards walking in the door. I would assume after that rush dies down you will see them on the RLS.

And GT5 went quick! Wonder how soon it will restock.....

They will restock GT5 once it reaches the 3 months period and it will be available to everyone. At least that's what they said.

what error did you find. I am curious
BTW, my auctions winnings were delivered today as i was going back to work from my lunch break. i asked my wife to take a pic and email to me. as soon as i can i will post a pic.

here are the auction items i posted abour earlier

photo.jpg

[quote name='thekrayze']what error did you find. I am curious
BTW, my auctions winnings were delivered today as i was going back to work from my lunch break. i asked my wife to take a pic and email to me. as soon as i can i will post a pic.[/QUOTE]

There is a new quiz worth 500 points for BB employees. It only has 1 question as of now.

not sure if this has been discussed before or not, but, is the RLS site just painfully slow for everyone else? this is basically the reason I don't use it more is because it takes so long to load each page.

The only part of the site that gives me any problems is the main log-in screen to the main page. Sometimes it lags, and sometimes it takes me to the plain playstation.com site.. but other than that no problems.

i too have had that problem. that only seems to happen once a week if that. and it seem so happen if my cookies or browser gets reset and I log into the page for the"first" time.

I just wanted to give everyone on here a heads up. I talked to someone at the RLS and they know that everyone that followed on twitter day one is a little upset about the 500th follower 1000th follower etc contest. they said that they have been trying to do twitter contests for a while now and this is the first so far that their legal department has let them do. and that they are going to work to make more contests for the entire RLS following community (and that they have love for the original followers to )

I'm sure it can only get better. Im sure they are swamped ... it is Q4 of the retail season.

i would not say i am mad. you know. it sucks that we can't participate if we are early adopters. I suggested that early followers be offered the ps3 hard bundle for 20k points and only the normal $10 for shipping.

i know it is a no, but you got to plant the seed, you know.

i got a reply saying that they will do something for the early followers.

Just got GT5 right now, and the bar code has been partially scratched by a small vertical line. Nothing bad really.
[quote name='thekrayze']i would not say i am mad. you know. it sucks that we can't participate if we are early adopters. I suggested that early followers be offered the ps3 hard bundle for 20k points and only the normal $10 for shipping.

i know it is a no, but you got to plant the seed, you know.

i got a reply saying that they will do something for the early followers.[/QUOTE]
I saw it and as usual they always respond to you. Good thing you let them know:applause:

Received my GT5 before the GoW: GoS I ordered before ordering GT5. Probaly the fastest I've received something; it came in less than a week after order.

Wow so they are sending me another copy of GT5 for free since my case/artwork was ruined. That was awesome of them to do that. It looks like when they put the slash through the upc thats y the case broke. On another note I'm wondering if the new Uncharted 3 promo is the same avatar and theme most of us have already gotten? I did the module and got the code for em but can anyone confirm this.

[quote name='craigums']I just wanted to give everyone on here a heads up. I talked to someone at the RLS and they know that everyone that followed on twitter day one is a little upset about the 500th follower 1000th follower etc contest. they said that they have been trying to do twitter contests for a while now and this is the first so far that their legal department has let them do. and that they are going to work to make more contests for the entire RLS following community (and that they have love for the original followers to )

I'm sure it can only get better. Im sure they are swamped ... it is Q4 of the retail season.[/QUOTE]

The thing that really strikes me about it is that you can enter it if you already know it because the only way they are announcing it is through twitter which means you can't get the updates about the contest until you start following them. Very, very stupid contest and they deserve to have people follow/unfollow them to actually be able to enter the contest

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The thing that really strikes me about it is that you can enter it if you already know it because the only way they are announcing it is through twitter which means you can't get the updates about the contest until you start following them. Very, very stupid contest and they deserve to have people follow/unfollow them to actually be able to enter the contest[/QUOTE]
It is on the RLS homepage.

[quote name='fuss']It is on the RLS homepage.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think that said anything about the contest just that they were on Twitter.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']I didn't think that said anything about the contest just that they were on Twitter.[/QUOTE]

They changed it. It specifically mentions the contest and the thresholds.

I wish they would add more psp downloadable titles on rls. No more added since it was announced a few months ago. Nice that they added new older title bundles though.

Hi fellow CAG RLS'ers, man what a great program and website. Being late to the PS3 party (ex-halo fanatic), this has been a great way for me to cheaply build a respectable collection and play some awesome exclusives. One more month and I'll qualify for the advocate level. Just wanted to say thanks for all the info and saving me boatloads of cash:)

PS, i'm a current best buy employee, sure theres many more on here, but if i can help check anything on the registers to verify deals in other threads just let me know.

[quote name='mediamixerj']I wish they would add more psp downloadable titles on rls. No more added since it was announced a few months ago. Nice that they added new older title bundles though.[/QUOTE]
That has really been the biggest letdown for me on the RLS. I figure they have the PSPGo and they will not even support it on the training site. To me thats just sad. I was told by a very high up that they did not work out the way they had hoped so it was unlikley theat we would see any additions at all. I was shocked to hear they were going to add the newest GOW PSP game up as a DLC voucher - but we all see that did not, and will not happen. So if you have a PSPGo the site is worthless to you in terms of rewards. I think if they offered current games or even PSN games it would do good, but we will probally never see that happen. :bomb:

And welcome to the thread and the group iImploreU - good to see a fellow BBY'er in here :applause:

fuss - i wanted to ask if you were in twitter. i see a fuss619 that tweets to them and was not sure if that was you.

i can ask to see if they have any plans for PSN codes, cards, etc. I have a feeling they want to. but i also have a feeling they do not know when, and would net tell me any specifics as to if/when.

i would agree that it being prime shopping season, they are not going to be making major changes to the site until after new years. (even though adding dlc is not exactly difficult i would think)

[quote name='thekrayze']fuss - i wanted to ask if you were in twitter. i see a fuss619 that tweets to them and was not sure if that was you. [/QUOTE]
Yup thats me.

For those of you who work at Best Buy and do the EA site (its BBY only) they actually put up new rewards for the first time in like a year. Picked up NFS:HP and Medal Of Honor.

If you work at BBY and are not on the EA site shoot me a PM with your Name (first and last) and email so I can refer you. Really the site for the most part is a waste of time, with the exception of once a year when they add new rewards lol. You will have to verify you work at BBY, so don't waste your time if you do not work there.

[quote name='fuss']If you work at BBY and are not on the EA site shoot me a PM with your Name (first and last) and email so I can refer you. [/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up fuss, I sent you a pm

[quote name='fuss']
If you work at BBY and are not on the EA site shoot me a PM with your Name (first and last) and email so I can refer you. Really the site for the most part is a waste of time, with the exception of once a year when they add new rewards lol. You will have to verify you work at BBY, so don't waste your time if you do not work there.[/QUOTE]
What is this EA site you speak of? Been working at BBY for a year and never heard of it. :p

So I am actually very impressed / happy right now. I am sure you saw the tweet:

If you ordered GoW: Ghost of Sparta and haven't received it, it's been slightly delayed. It should be shipping by the end of the wk, sorry!

Well I was one of those people who did not get it at that point. BUT just now UPS dropped off a package that was shipped *overnight* that contained PSP GoW in it. I am very impressed with the class act and that they really went out of thier way with taking care of this. This to me is just more reason why the RLS is the best retail site out there. Now I can have this under the tree for the fam. :applause::applause:

[quote name='kylem785']I got a christmas card/soundtrack from sony today, not a bad surprise![/QUOTE]
What?
Lol anyway I received my copy of Gran Turismo 5 today. Awesome.

[quote name='kylem785']I got a christmas card/soundtrack from sony today, not a bad surprise![/QUOTE]
[quote name='xsouthparkx']What?
Lol anyway I received my copy of Gran Turismo 5 today. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm assuming it must be because of RLS...the card says "Thanks from the playstation family" and has a bunch of characters and then the cd is "Playstation Soundtracks Vol. 1"

It has tracks from uncharted 1/2, Infamous, Mag, Heavy Rain, Flower, Resistance Retribution, Lair, Killzone 2, GoW 2/3

ya I got that today also - I am assuming its from the RLS because it does nto say anything about who it is from other than Playstation. About to pop the CD in now and see if its any good or not.

i'm thinking about doing enough quizzes on the EA site to get MOH, NHL 11 and already ordered Hot Pursuit, but would be willing to sell them to someone who isnt able to get them for free, since they aren't really my favorite types of games. I have a huge backlog as it is. . Anyone interested?

I just got my card and CD from Sony today. I think this is a nice way to step up the competition between the retail sites.

I wonder if it was just advocates that got these.

i too got mine. i have yet to listen to it. maybe when I go home for lunch, i will bring it into the office and fire it up.

[quote name='doubledown']Someone is trying to sell it for $140 on EBAY! I doubt they will get $1.40.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's definitely not worth that much lol.

You mean the CD thing that RLS members got for the holidays, right?

I can't find it on eBay...

Damn I was going to get Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 in the catalog and not there anymore. Do you guys know if they will put them back on there?

[quote name='JG5253']Damn I was going to get Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 in the catalog and not there anymore. Do you guys know if they will put them back on there?[/QUOTE]

Eventually. The question is timing. They will eventually be in there.

[quote name='Cindaddy']Eventually. The question is timing. They will eventually be in there.[/QUOTE]

Alright thank you for the feedback? How often do you see the games come back

JG: it varies from game to game, but both of those have been out for quite some time so it probably won't be long before they return. A couple weeks, maybe?

[quote name='Spookymilk']JG: it varies from game to game, but both of those have been out for quite some time so it probably won't be long before they return. A couple weeks, maybe?[/QUOTE]

Actually Heavy Rain has been there for me till yesterday but as long as they get back on there then I'm good

Selling promo stuff is dangerous business. I won't be the one to rat on him, but I wouldn't be sad to see him get caught.

Man nobody mentioned this?

They discounted almost everythign in the catalog.... games for 10 points, 100 points, etc. Great deal.

I almost pulled the trigger on MAG for 100 points, but I know I won't play it.... not after how much time I put into Warhawk (that is now 10 points).

Was there controllers and stuff for cheaper? What else was up there for cheap today?

[quote name='fuss']Man nobody mentioned this?

They discounted almost everythign in the catalog.... games for 10 points, 100 points, etc. Great deal.

I almost pulled the trigger on MAG for 100 points, but I know I won't play it.... not after how much time I put into Warhawk (that is now 10 points).

Was there controllers and stuff for cheaper? What else was up there for cheap today?[/QUOTE]

I think theyre clearing out the catalog for the new stuff.

bread's done
Back