The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='doubledown']That Nav controller sold out in minutes....damn Twiitter.[/QUOTE]

I got one. I have been browsing the RLS site at least once every hour. Twitter is blocked at work, so I am just checking the site once an hour. It is nerve wracking waiting for Killzone to show up.

I agree, twitter does suck. It notifies everyone about the products and in seconds they are gone. I feel that if I take a crap, I will miss getting Killzone. It is going to fly in 2 minutes probably considering how fast the nav controller sold out. I think when LBP 2 came out, it crashed their system for a little bit...

I get the impression that the Microsoft site is a small division within the company whereas the Sony RLS site is like 2 guys and a lobster manning one computer.

[quote name='xblaze23']I get the impression that the Microsoft site is a small division within the company whereas the Sony RLS site is like 2 guys and a lobster manning one computer.[/QUOTE]

That was funny ^^^ :lol:

[quote name='xblaze23']I get the impression that the Microsoft site is a small division within the company whereas the Sony RLS site is like 2 guys and a lobster manning one computer.[/QUOTE]
LOL :D :applause:

Question to the advocates, is the Sony Move bundle available for purchase regularly and what is the price/points required? Considering getting it now but if I can get it cheaper this way I might as well wait a bit.

I think I'll be upgraded to advocate status in like 3 months.

[quote name='Scholarly_Sam']Question to the advocates, is the Sony Move bundle available for purchase regularly and what is the price/points required? Considering getting it now but if I can get it cheaper this way I might as well wait a bit.

I think I'll be upgraded to advocate status in like 3 months.[/QUOTE]

No, I believe it was available shortly after the launch of the move but it hasn't been available since then. Wands themselves have never been available. Pretty much the only Move related things I've seen lately, aside from games, are the navigation controller and every once in a while the shooting attachment comes in (the original red one, not the new one for KZ3).

The Move bundle has been up a few times, but not for long. IIRC, the deal wasn't all that good. Something like $60 plus a ton of points. If I were to get it, I'd just use my employee discount in the store.

Yeah, the move bundle was $60 plus 5,000 points or something like that. Not bad, but not great. I have only seen it once and it lasted for a whole day.

I am pretty mad that KZ3 did not show up this week. Most likely I won't get it unless it shows up on Monday before 1pm because I will be out of town for the rest of the week doing training.

Oh well, I can wait 3 months to show up again on the site.

I think the lobster's job is to make a hole to all the cases or to scratch the bar code on games... seriously, that shit is fucking annoying. I was in shock when Heavy Rain arrived without the bar code being fucked up. I was able to finish it and trade it in on amazon. The other games go to ebay or gamestop.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']No, I believe it was available shortly after the launch of the move but it hasn't been available since then. Wands themselves have never been available. Pretty much the only Move related things I've seen lately, aside from games, are the navigation controller and every once in a while the shooting attachment comes in (the original red one, not the new one for KZ3).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Spookymilk']The Move bundle has been up a few times, but not for long. IIRC, the deal wasn't all that good. Something like $60 plus a ton of points. If I were to get it, I'd just use my employee discount in the store.[/QUOTE]

I see, in that case I'll probably just get it at Amazon, since its cheaper there than what it'd be with my employee discount... and I've built up quite a bit of trade credit there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dualshocks are 6,000 points right? I'll try to get a red or a black one if they ever get listed again. I'm patiently waiting for killzone but hell.. The Show 11 might see the site first at this rate.

lmao @ the lobster drilling the hole into the barcode.

[quote name='oasisboy']I think the lobster's job is to make a hole to all the cases or to scratch the bar code on games... seriously, that shit is fucking annoying. I was in shock when Heavy Rain arrived without the bar code being fucked up. I was able to finish it and trade it in on amazon. The other games go to ebay or gamestop.[/QUOTE]

You might want to skip mentioning that you trade in your RLS games. Even if you've played all the way through them, part of your RLS membership agreement is that the games can be used as gifts but you can't sell them (which would include trade-ins). Just letting you know before you mention it to your Playstation rep or something like that.

The mangled barcodes have been addressed on Twitter. Apparently RLS gets them in from Sony in that condition. They have nothing to do with it. I'd imagine anything at Sony that gets flagged as promotional material gets that treatment, which would include RLS.

I'm looking forward to KZ3 probably coming out this week and also MLB 11. Baseball seems to be the only type of video game my girlfriend likes so I figure I might as well get it. Those points from the LBP 2 scavenger hunt have really been coming in handy!

Meanwhile, on Microsoft's site there hasn't been a new game listed since Fable 3. I know it has to do with who's publishing the game but its kind of a downer when there's absolutely nothing new to look forward to on Microsoft's site.

killzone 3 is up.... GO!

Order Summary
Total Points Deducted from RLS Account: 3,000
Total Item Costs Paid:
Total Shipping Fee Paid: $10.00
Items Ordered:
Killzone®3

[quote name='fuss']killzone 3 is up.... GO!

Order Summary
Total Points Deducted from RLS Account: 3,000
Total Item Costs Paid:
Total Shipping Fee Paid: $10.00
Items Ordered:
Killzone®3[/QUOTE]

In. Too nice.

[quote name='Nizno']Is there a limit of 1 per customer or did I happen to snag the last one? =/[/QUOTE]

Once you order something it removes it from your own personal rewards catalog so you can't order it again.

I guess that lock goes away after awhile? I have bought some of these games a couple of times as gifts and whatnot.

sweet, got my copy ordered, first time getting an newly added advocate item before it sold out, too bad i missed out on LBP2, hopefully i'll be near a computer when The Show '11 shows up

[quote name='Nizno']I guess that lock goes away after awhile? I have bought some of these games a couple of times as gifts and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes, other times it will reappear but you get an error when you try to order it. Basically, don't count on being able to order a second copy of a game, you might only get one shot at it.

Is it still available? I'm pretty pissed right now, I've been checking this damn site multiple times a day waiting for this. Finally see it, add it to my cart and then check to see if the sharpshooter is there. I go to my cart and it says empty yet the status on the top right shows I have 1 item. It's not showing up in the catalog anymore either.

[quote name='bigant262']Is there any way to know how close I am to becoming an advocate?[/QUOTE]

You can review your site history, but it only includes tests taken and items ordered. If you logged in without doing either of these things, it's impossible to say how close you are unless you're sure you logged in during a month that seems to be empty on your history.

[quote name='VoodooVyper']Is it still available? I'm pretty pissed right now, I've been checking this damn site multiple times a day waiting for this. Finally see it, add it to my cart and then check to see if the sharpshooter is there. I go to my cart and it says empty yet the status on the top right shows I have 1 item. It's not showing up in the catalog anymore either.[/QUOTE]

They tweeted some time ago that it was sold out, if its not showing in your cart then you lost it. The "Items in cart" number is always funky. Sorry to hear you had it then lost it.

[quote name='VoodooVyper']Is it still available? I'm pretty pissed right now, I've been checking this damn site multiple times a day waiting for this. Finally see it, add it to my cart and then check to see if the sharpshooter is there. I go to my cart and it says empty yet the status on the top right shows I have 1 item. It's not showing up in the catalog anymore either.[/QUOTE]

Nope, looks like it's gone. Sorry, man.

Shipping is the same regardless of how many items are in your order. If something hot comes out, complete the order then make a separate order for any other stuff you want.

It sounds like the Sharpshooter won't be available for quite some time.

sorry to hear about the kz3 selling so fast. i wanted to get one, had the page up, but had to perform some desk moves here at work. apparently, i picked the worst time to do the moves.

now, sorry also if i am out of line for saying this, but why is everyone complaining that it took them so long to get the copies of kz3 in. sure it took weeks, but you got it for 10 dollars. if you are unhappy with waiting two weeks to get it, by all means, pay the 60 bucks and get it on day one.

again, not to be mean, not to be a dick, but what more do you want. it for free, free overnight shipping and available the day before its release date?

please. help me to understand how you are getting shafted here.

thanks

^ I agree. It is way better than it was when it was 90 days no matter what it was. However - I wish they would have held off claiming DoR listings if they were not 100% positive they could pull it off. I think that is where people are getting miffed. But really - 1 week, 2 weeks not a big deal to somebody who has been doing this as long as I have. I am more upset for lack of PSP games and DL vouchers for them than anything else.

[quote name='fuss']^ I agree. It is way better than it was when it was 90 days no matter what it was. However - I wish they would have held off claiming DoR listings if they were not 100% positive they could pull it off. I think that is where people are getting miffed. But really - 1 week, 2 weeks not a big deal to somebody who has been doing this as long as I have. I am more upset for lack of PSP games and DL vouchers for them than anything else.[/QUOTE]
A week for LBP2, two weeks for KZ3 or even three weeks like it was with GT5 it was nothing compared to the 90 days for Uncharted 2 back in the days.

But anyway even if it was free and one day overnight shipping before release day people will still be bitching about something.

[quote name='Pato7']A week for LBP2, two weeks for KZ3 or even three weeks like it was with GT5 it was nothing compared to the 90 days for Uncharted 2 back in the days.

But anyway even if it was free and one day overnight shipping before release day people will still be bitching about something.[/QUOTE]
It actually used to be free and people complained that shipping took too long... ;)

that settles is then. we all screwed it all up. now its points + $ +shipping. after a two week delay and only enough items to be on the site for 5 minutes :)

soon all items will be that way, haha

I hope I am kidding.

I ordered a hoody . . . apparently the last one of the larges? Because it's gone now on the site. I'll take pics of it to show if it's anything good when it arrives. I'm really hoping it's not just that tiny logo, because that would be a total rip. I'm expecting that, but who knows. I will say, I do like the RLS collared shirts. A little snug, but nice.

[quote name='Fearia']I ordered a hoody . . . apparently the last one of the larges? Because it's gone now on the site. I'll take pics of it to show if it's anything good when it arrives. I'm really hoping it's not just that tiny logo, because that would be a total rip. I'm expecting that, but who knows. I will say, I do like the RLS collared shirts. A little snug, but nice.[/QUOTE]

When you order something it will dissapear from your catalog for a few hours. I saw somebody posted/tweeted that it says PLAYSTATION across the back also. Post some pics when it comes in.

Did anybody here get the umbrella?

I wish RLS would do what Microsoft does... Put advance notice (lets say 24 or 48 hours) about a game being available at X time. I know they only had 150 copies of KZ3 but it would have been fair for everyone who does not access Twitter. No KZ3 nor LBP2.

Personally, I was pissed because I had been checking the RLS site at least 10 times a day for over a week. I don't have access to twitter at work (its blocked) but those who do and get instant notifications to their phone, are the ones who will get the games when they go live, leaving those like me, totally screwed with no chance of ever getting those key releases when they are made available on the store for the 1st time. It is an unfair advantage.

I like how Microsoft does their thing by giving advance notice for their major releases or free items. I remember when they released Kinect for the first time. They only had 100 and I was able to get one because I knew in advance at what time it was going to go live at their store.

Ok, I got that out my system.

Got mine yesterday as well. Now if they would just toss up the sharpshooter along with some Move accessories I would be in business =p.

PlayStation_RLS PlayStation RLS
So while that means no MLB today, it does mean sweet MLB goodies this week!
14 minutes ago

Plenty of warning to let you know of cool stuff coming to the catalog: MLB 11 and GT5 prize packs will be available in the next few days.
15 minutes ago

[quote name='Cindaddy']Received KZ3. Wrapped with one blade mark across the UPC. Very cool.[/QUOTE]

Same.

Hate my job, love the RLS.

[quote name='Nizno']PlayStation_RLS PlayStation RLS
So while that means no MLB today, it does mean sweet MLB goodies this week!
14 minutes ago

Plenty of warning to let you know of cool stuff coming to the catalog: MLB 11 and GT5 prize packs will be available in the next few days.
15 minutes ago[/QUOTE]

I bet this is another contest but I hope I am wrong. I actually won a move bundle from the December one so it is not all bad.

bread's done
Back