The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

I ordered a Pink DS3 last thursday and it came today, but my BT 2.0/KZ3 DS3/Nav controller from 3 weeks ago still hasn't arrived. I have another 3 weeks I guess before I start worrying.

[quote name='TheHelix']I ordered a Pink DS3 last thursday and it came today, but my BT 2.0/KZ3 DS3/Nav controller from 3 weeks ago still hasn't arrived. I have another 3 weeks I guess before I start worrying.[/QUOTE]

I noticed from my order, oand what others have said the DS3s come REAL QUICK. No idea why, but they do.

Seems like the GREEN DS3 is holding orders up. I ordered that, the MLB prize pack, MLB controller and nav controller from 3/21...still waiting.

[quote name='Nizno']Yea I ordered a bunch of stuff seperate, got everything but the green ds3 weeks ago. Still no ds3.[/QUOTE]

That is what I thought. I guess I should've ordered separate. I really want to play baseball.

[quote name='doubledown']That is what I thought. I guess I should've ordered separate. I really want to play baseball.[/QUOTE]

Same. I just wanted the Green DS3 so I have seven official controllers (I'm at six right now and had one 3rd party that broke) but I really wanted the BT 2.0 and Nav controller.

just ordered Imvizimals for PSP for one of my kids for the hops as an Easter present.

i would say 1000 points and $10 for a game and the PSP camera is not a bad deal. plus, now my kid could use the cam to take some picutures in general, which i think he would like.

now if only the auctions would start.

Yea, no reason not to order individually. They don't give you any breaks for throwing it all together as they should.

[quote name='thekrayze']just ordered Imvizimals for PSP for one of my kids for the hops as an Easter present.

i would say 1000 points and $10 for a game and the PSP camera is not a bad deal. plus, now my kid could use the cam to take some picutures in general, which i think he would like.[/QUOTE]

I got that for my son and he loves it, he beat it 3 times I think it is. But has nto touched it since, but he got a ton of playtime with it. Well worth it I would say.

By now, I assume everyone's seen the email:

Attention RLS Members,The RLS Rewards Catalog will be going down for scheduled maintenance on Monday, April 25th. Orders can be placed up until this time. All outstanding orders will be processed accordingly and fulfilled as quickly as possible during the maintenance window.

The primary reason for the maintenance is to enhance the catalog features with several critical implmentations including:

Tracking numbers.
The elimination of items going into back-order status.
Keep your eye out for additional enhancements to come as as we are considering further options to enhance your catalog experience.
We expect to the catalog to be under maintenance for a few weeks as we make the transition to the new fulfillment house and are looking at a relaunch of the catalog for the end of May 2011. We will keep you posted.

Thanks for all of your support.

Six weeks?! I have a little experience in building websites, and this seems like a single-day project, unless there are changes they're not talking about. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
Via Twitter:

Any orders made before our catalog shutdown will be distributed. All order issues (items didn't ship, arrived incorrectly, etc.) will be addressed during the outage. Thanks for being patient with us, guys!

Kinda odd that the day after PSN goes down they send out a email about site shutdown within a week, so if it isn't up by monday no one can order or use there points up til the end of may, i've apprieciated it's free-ish for a few years now but that sucks for those of us waiting on a restock the past few weeks

6 weeks.. what a damn shame. Combined with the total PSN outage, i'm not pleased.

Yeah, I can wait 6 weeks but I was hoping for a re-stock of MLB.

I have been waiting for months to get LBP2 and no luck. The wait will continue. Now that they announce on Twitter, all the new releases are gone in minutes. They should remove that or do what Expertzone does by giving 24 hour notice about releases.

any info if the website being down affects advocate status? I would hate to have my account downgraded because i am unable to login to the website at least once a month, as i assume a good number of ya'll are as well.

[quote name='iImploreU']any info if the website being down affects advocate status? I would hate to have my account downgraded because i am unable to login to the website at least once a month, as i assume a good number of ya'll are as well.[/QUOTE]

I've been wondering the same. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one striking out when trying to access the site, although I was kind of on a roll on quizzes for the past few days, after going months without doing any.

I sent RLS an e-mail about losing my advocate status since we can't long in. I just wonder if it will take them 6 weeks to respond back lol.

[quote name='jrallen99']You can actually still log into the site there is just no way to redeem prizes.[/QUOTE]

How are you logging in? Anytime I try and get to the login screen in just says down for maintenance.

[quote name='Warner1281']How are you logging in? Anytime I try and get to the login screen in just says down for maintenance.[/QUOTE]

I get that also

[quote name='JG5253']I get that also[/QUOTE]
It was completely out for the first week and a half but I have been able to log in the last week or so. I just logged in right now without a problem.

[quote name='jrallen99']It was completely out for the first week and a half but I have been able to log in the last week or so. I just logged in right now without a problem.[/QUOTE]

I just tried at both us.playstation.com and rls.us.playstation.com/Default.aspx and both said down for maintenance. What site are you using?

[quote name='Warner1281']I just tried at both us.playstation.com and rls.us.playstation.com/Default.aspx and both said down for maintenance. What site are you using?[/QUOTE]

http://rls.us.playstation.com

I am using firefox. Maybe clear your cookies or browser history? Maybe it just stayed open for certain levels?

Catalog is back up in case you guys didn't know. I'm an advocate now! :) I want to get MLB 11 but I don't see it there. Anyone have Socom 4? If so, how is it?

MLB 11 is available as a prize pack ($25 shipped for the game, a shirt, and rally towel).

Picked up a White MLB Controller and PS Move Heroes myself. I still haven't got my Green DS3 yet and I ordered it in March.

Picked up PS Move Heroes, Killzone 3, Socom 4, and the PSP 3000 hardware pack all for $115, not bad missed Killzone 3 the last two times it popped up can't wait to play it.

[quote name='cheapa$$']Picked up PS Move Heroes, Killzone 3, Socom 4, and the PSP 3000 hardware pack all for $115, not bad missed Killzone 3 the last two times it popped up can't wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

How'd you get all the points? lol. Did you do all the test?

Just built up over the months plus I always make sure to do the contests where they give you additional points like right now the Socom contest gives you an additonal 3000 points if you complete all the required tests.

[quote name='bigant262']How'd you get all the points? lol. Did you do all the test?[/QUOTE]
You must have missed the Little Big Planet Promo (10,000 points). Generally lots of bonus points for completing contest entries.

[quote name='cheapa$$']Just built up over the months plus I always make sure to do the contests where they give you additional points like right now the Socom contest gives you an additonal 3000 points if you complete all the required tests.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm gonna have to do that then. Thanks!

[quote name='jrallen99']You must have missed the Little Big Planet Promo (10,000 points). Generally lots of bonus points for completing contest entries.[/QUOTE]

I did the LBP one, but ran out of points already. lol.

[quote name='TheHelix']lol I missed the deadline for the SOCOM contest but I did all the modules anyway and still got 3000 bonus points.[/QUOTE]

Same here, maybe they extended it because of the outage? Either way I am happy, it helped me get back my #1 ranking and pushed me over teh 100K in current point balance level lol.

[quote name='newtype06']How are you guys accessing the RLS site? Every time I visit the url, it's still "under maintenance"...[/QUOTE]

Went back to that tonight, but has been working fine the last few days. Prob just overnight stuff.

i just had a quick question...

i placed an order last week but now i'm not sure if my games will be here on time

because i'm moving to a different address in a month

well, anyways i wanted to call rls customer service but could not find a phone number

anywhere (i've already tried e-mailing them several times but i keep getting a delivery

delay and then a delivery failure notification) so does anybody here know of a phone

number u can call to speak to an actual person at sony rls?

[quote name='ssulungnamjah']i just had a quick question...

i placed an order last week but now i'm not sure if my games will be here on time

because i'm moving to a different address in a month

well, anyways i wanted to call rls customer service but could not find a phone number

anywhere (i've already tried e-mailing them several times but i keep getting a delivery

delay and then a delivery failure notification) so does anybody here know of a phone

number u can call to speak to an actual person at sony rls?[/QUOTE]

As long as you do the change of addy with the post office you should be ok. And best way to contact them is twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation_RLS
You usually get a quick response there.

Just got home from work and I missed out on Infamous 2 but got Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Has anyone got their green DS3 yet for those who ordered it? Almost been 3 months now for me.

[quote name='TheHelix']Just got home from work and I missed out on Infamous 2 but got Motorstorm Apocalypse.

Has anyone got their green DS3 yet for those who ordered it? Almost been 3 months now for me.[/QUOTE]

Infamous 2 hasn't been up on the site yet. And I would contact RLS through Twitter and see where your order is.

Infamous 2 is on there but it's bundled with the bag from the Collector's Edition which somehow adds $15 to the price making it $25 total. I'll pass.

[quote name='xblaze23']Infamous 2 is on there but it's bundled with the bag from the Collector's Edition which somehow adds $15 to the price making it $25 total. I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Plus 4500 points. Crazy.

I contacted RLS last week on Twitter and I got a reply from them (finally) that the order was being reprocessed...bah

I'm one of the top 50 point earners this year...lol

Edit: Got MLB DS3 and PS Move Heroes today. Now waiting on Motorstorm Apocalypse. The infamous 2 game + bag looks cool, but I'm not interested in the bag, so I'll wait for the solo game. Hopefully SOCOM 4 will show up this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xblaze23']Infamous 2 is on there but it's bundled with the bag from the Collector's Edition which somehow adds $15 to the price making it $25 total. I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

I haven't been too keen on these bundles lately. The part that really irks me about it is they make it sound so cool on the twitter feed that they make these games bundles and subsequently charge you a bunch more for them.

bread's done
Back