The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Catalog has been restocked as of a few hours ago. By their Twitter, Killzone 3 is/was in stock (it's not available to me because I got Killzone 3 during an earlier restock so I can't see if it's still available for those who haven't gotten it).

Here's what I'm seeing from the restock with their point values:
- Bluetooth Headset 2.0 (5000 points)
- DS3s (MLB 11 The Show Edition and Satin Silver) (6000 points each)
- PS Move Motion Controller (6000 points)
- PS Move Sharpshooter (6000 points)
- LittleBigPlanet 2 (2000 points)
- Heavenly Sword "Nariko" Figurine
- Ratchet & Clank Future "Azimuth with Orvus", "Holo Armor", "Rusty Pete", and "Future Smuggler" Figurines
- Twisted Metal "Sweet Tooth" Figurine
(All figurines are 1000 points + $5)

I've decided on getting the PS Move (got the PS Eye + Motion controller). I wish they restocked the Navigation controller so I could get a "complete" set all at once. Oh well, that'll be the next thing I grab from the RLS. :cool:

EDIT: Well whaddya know, decided to check the RLS again today after classes and the Navigation controller is in stock! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fuss']Not gonna lie - pissed off they put sharpshooters up before they fixed the last screwup they had with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was contemplating ordering one but I'm not gonna do it until I know for sure the issue is fixed. Given that they seemingly haven't even resolved everyone's problems from last time around its conceivable that they don't even know about the error. Not taking that chance.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Yeah, I was contemplating ordering one but I'm not gonna do it until I know for sure the issue is fixed. Given that they seemingly haven't even resolved everyone's problems from last time around its conceivable that they don't even know about the error. Not taking that chance.[/QUOTE]
Oh they know about the problem. They mentioned in a reply to me on twitter saying all past issues would be fixed. My issues with them are

- they never communicated to me on thier own they knew about the problem and it was going to be fixed.
- they never replied to my email or my first tweet.
- they put more up for order before the people ordered them in the first go-round got the order fixed.
- I still have not got any sort of direct communication from them other than a twitter reply that *I* would be getting it fixed.

Had my first problem with an order. DHL said it arrived, then USPS said my game was "refused" and was somehow lost in the mail. Tried contacting RLS customer service but their email link didn't work. Tried it again a week later and got through. It sounds like they are going to try and resend my game (Uncharted: Drake's Fortune).

[quote name='JG5253']Does anybody think that they might have the official surround set in the catalog anytime soon?[/QUOTE]
They should have it - soon, no. Look how long the sharpshooter took to get up.

[quote name='fuss']They should have it - soon, no. Look how long the sharpshooter took to get up.[/QUOTE]

I'm asking because I got it for $65 on a pre-order but willing to wait if I could get it for cheaper. How long did it take for the sharp shooter to come up?

[quote name='fuss']Oh they know about the problem. They mentioned in a reply to me on twitter saying all past issues would be fixed. My issues with them are

- they never communicated to me on thier own they knew about the problem and it was going to be fixed.
- they never replied to my email or my first tweet.
- they put more up for order before the people ordered them in the first go-round got the order fixed.
- I still have not got any sort of direct communication from them other than a twitter reply that *I* would be getting it fixed.[/QUOTE]

I would like to point out for the record one day after I posted this I got an email from the RLS saying the sharpshooter was in the mail and I could keep the gun for the trouble. Thanks guys, good to see you read this thread :)

Not much up from the restock. The sharpshooter, some figurines, and the Bluetooth Headset 2.0 are all I see. inFAMOUS 2 is said to be up but I can't check the current availability for that since I already got it during an earlier restock.

Resistance 3 and the 7.1 Wireless Headset are confirmed via their Twitter account to come to the catalog - it's just unknown when they'll come.

[quote name='renoBeguH']Resistance 3 is available on the catalog. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Was already gone when I checked 15-30 mins ago. :cry: Guess I'll wait unitl the restock in a few weeks.

Sigh was waiting and waiting for Resistance and missed it of course.

As a slight consolation I did the Ratchet and Clank All 4 One module and got a beta key for that.

Theres about 1250 codes left right now and it's an extremely easy one to 10/10.

[quote name='AshesofWake']was able to get resistance 3 earlier. Should I play the first 2 before I play this one though?[/QUOTE]

Skip 1 and 2 they suck compared to 3 (which is awesome and as good as Killzone 3 in my opinion)

Also they said on twitter that the God of War Origins Collection would be available by weeks end.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Skip 1 and 2 they suck compared to 3 (which is awesome and as good as Killzone 3 in my opinion)[/QUOTE]

I would say play 1 and 2, play 1 with another person if you can. They weren't great but good. I enjoyed both of the campaigns. R3's campaign looks pretty cool, and by playing 2 at least you get a better set up for 3.

Might seem like a dumb question...but I've been trying to get the RLS Tweets to go to my phone and it doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I've been approved, so I can see everything if I go to their site, but despite having the little cell phone button green'd up, it doesn't send updates to my phone.

I get other updates, but not RLS. Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='captaintek3304']Might seem like a dumb question...but I've been trying to get the RLS Tweets to go to my phone and it doesn't seem to want to cooperate. I've been approved, so I can see everything if I go to their site, but despite having the little cell phone button green'd up, it doesn't send updates to my phone.

I get other updates, but not RLS. Anyone else have this issue?[/QUOTE]
I have no problems. I think since they 'reply' to most of the posts they make they do not show up in the feed. When they actually make a real post I get the text no problem. I think the last one was about promos.

Hmm...
The RLS has a new Registration and Sign In System.
You will no longer use your PlayStation(R)Network Password to sign into the RLS.

If you have not already created a new RLS Password, please do so by entering your PSN Handle in the appropriate form below and following the instructions.

First Time Signing Into New System?

To Access the RLS Please:
  • Enter your PSN Handle
  • Check your email inbox for a confirmation email
  • Verify by clicking the link in your email
  • Create a new password
  • At your next visit, simply use your email address and new password to sign in

If it helps more than hurts, I'm fine with it.

Over the week I finally received Uncharted 1. I was worried it wouldn't arrive since it got lost in the mail last time, but Sony Customer Service came through for me and it arrived in the time frame they promised.

Don't know if I like the new setup. Whenever I log in and go to training, it logs me out and kicks me to the start page. Pretty fucking annoying...

fuck Of course the one day I'm busy and forget to check the site they add the GOW Origins Collection. fuck fuck fuck. On the bright side I picked up Killzone 3 a few days ago and Infamous 2 today. Might have to stop at BB to grab the GOW Collection now.

It's been a while since I've ordered from RLS, so excuse my idiocy. I ordered the GOW Collection and Killzone 3 on Tuesday when they went up. My order still says "Processed." About how long until it ships, and then until it arrives? Ball park is fine...I'm just going to be out of town this upcoming week and want to make sure I have arrangements for someone to grab it if it comes.

I also hope Ico/SotC doesn't go up until after the 15th...greedy, I know...

Ico/SotC Collection is up!

I'm personally skipping on it this time (as I did with the GoW Origins Collection :cry:) and probably will get it during a later restock because I feel like I need to save my points for the 7.1 Headset and Uncharted 3. :cool:

Has anyone heard from the Twitter feed about R&C, and when it might go up for advocates? The feed used to respond to me 100% of the time but hasn't since the moronic Twitter contest, and I really have no desire to sift through loads of tweets.

[quote name='cheapa$$']Ratchet: All 4 One is up!!! its tucked behind the PSP games so make sure you go far enought to find it.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget, right now it's only available to advocates!

What's this advocate you speak of, having just discovered rls after expertzone and bethesda insiders, it seems to work the same, but I don't see any ranks or anything like expertzone has on the site or in the op. is that the advocate is?

[quote name='AgentW']What's this advocate you speak of, having just discovered rls after expertzone and bethesda insiders, it seems to work the same, but I don't see any ranks or anything like expertzone has on the site or in the op. is that the advocate is?[/QUOTE]

I should update the op - never thought about that.

Here is the info:
Do you visit the RLS monthly, weekly, or even more often to see what's new with PlayStation® and sharpen your selling skills? Then you're a RLS Advocate! Read on to find out more.

Q: What is a RLS Advocate?
A: RLS Advocates are RLS members who have visited the site at least once each month for the last six months. We created this title to recognize our most die-hard members for their commitment to ongoing training.

Q: What are the perks of being a RLS Advocate?
A: We are in the process of creating a set of exclusive benefits for RLS Advocates. Future benefits may include:
  • Exclusive Rewards Catalog items
  • Point Accelerators: Earn up to 10% extra points for each training module you take.
  • Invitations to PlayStation® Home events
  • Invitations to events in your area
Q: How do I know if I have reached RLS Advocate status?
A: You will see the "Advocate" status next to your training stats at the top right of the RLS.

Q: How do I maintain my RLS Advocate status?
A: Just make sure to log in at least once per month to maintain your title.

[quote name='djshot']Anyone know when the headset is going up - I wanna try that one out.[/QUOTE]
Thats the million dollar question. The move stuff took a good amount of time to put up, I would assume this would take longer.

Just checked the catalog and Everybody Dance is up... I'm hoping to god that Uncharted 3 wasn't put up earlier and I missed it because I don't think I can hold off much longer from getting it.

I've been trying to very active with their Twitter, and I've been able to get a lot of answers, some vague, others more concrete.

Today, All 4 One and Everybody Dance were put up. Uncharted 3 has been ordered, but they haven't received it yet. It's expected to be in early next week, and posted as soon as they get it. This follows the recent new release practice of going up about a week after release. My guess is they can't actually order the games until they go on sale, and then they have to wait for them to arrive so they can confirm inventory numbers.

As for the stereo headset, all we've been getting is "soon." One person asked what we could expect for a points value, and they replied saying it would be around 6000. I've already made sure to stock up on points for that and Uncharted 3. Luckily I work from home, and have direct access to a PC to get my orders in as soon as I can.

My best advice for people always worried about missing things, is to follow them on Twitter. @Playstation_RLS is their account. Their tweets are protected and you have to have an account and be approved by them to see them, but it's definitely worth it if you want to have that extra heads up on when things will be posted.

bread's done
Back