The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

Something will be going up in the next hour the other dude will be posting twitter (which I don't like) when whatever it is goes up. My money is on The Show.... if it is I will prob pass for the first time in years.

Edit lol did not see post above... posting from my phone.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Unit 13 and MLB The Show 12 are available. Not sure how many points are required since I don't have advocate status yet.[/QUOTE]

It's 3K for The Show on PS3, 2,500 for the Vita Games (The Show, Unit 13 and Wipeout(only 2k)).

I went with Unit 13 and The Show for PS3. Interested in trying the cross gameplay with the Vita.

[quote name='Cindaddy']It's 3K for The Show on PS3, 2,500 for the Vita Games (The Show, Unit 13 and Wipeout(only 2k)).

I went with Unit 13 and The Show for PS3. Interested in trying the cross gameplay with the Vita.[/QUOTE]

Grabed MLB 12 The Show:ps3:

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I hope they add some Vitas to the site soon! I definitely want to get one. How much do you think they will go for? $120, $150 and 20,000 points?[/QUOTE]

They said on twitter today that it would be some time before actual Vitas would be on the site.

[quote name='Cindaddy']They said on twitter today that it would be some time before actual Vitas would be on the site.[/QUOTE]

I didn't see that. I was at work for most of the day. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully that means I'll reach advocate status before they add them. I'm counting down the days.(sad I know, lol.) Thanks again.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I hope they add some Vitas to the site soon! I definitely want to get one. How much do you think they will go for? $120, $150 and 20,000 points?[/QUOTE]

My guess is $150 + 20000 points for a 3G Vita and $100 + 20000 points for a Wifi Vita

[quote name='finsfan0210']My guess is $150 + 20000 points for a 3G Vita and $100 + 20000 points for a Wifi Vita[/QUOTE]

I'd be happier with either honestly. The 3G Edition comes with the memory card, and I think the free month of service right? I hope they update it where you can play your PSOne games on there. Just bought Final Fantasy 7/8.

Edit: Just did some research. The Wifi Vita is better in my opinion. I don't think I would ever use the 3G service especially since it's an added price every month.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'd be happier with either honestly. The 3G Edition comes with the memory card, and I think the free month of service right? I hope they update it where you can play your PSOne games on there. Just bought Final Fantasy 7/8.

Edit: Just did some research. The Wifi Vita is better in my opinion. I don't think I would ever use the 3G service especially since it's an added price every month.[/QUOTE]

I have the 3G and I agree. Plus, you only get the free month after you've paid for the first month.

[quote name='Cindaddy']I have the 3G and I agree. Plus, you only get the free month after you've paid for the first month.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I agree as well. I only got the 3G version due to a pricing error on the FEB bundle at Best Buy. Got it for $300 and it's the only reason why I paid for a 3G version.

[quote name='hqn101']been logging in for more than 6 months wonder why im not advocate yet[/QUOTE]
I'm wondering the same thing. I wonder if you automatically get upgraded to advocate status on an account by account basis or if they just check all accounts annually (or every 6 months) and do it then.

I think someone earlier in the thread said that it doesn't happen right at the six month mark. It takes about a few days after. You could always email them. That's what I would do. You don't want to miss out on a reward because it didn't automatically update.

I checked the FAQ and it says you have to log on once a month and do at the very least, 1 module training per month to become an advocate.

I checked my training history and I been doing it every month for the last 9 months lol. I'll send them an email.

[quote name='spOOfy']I checked the FAQ and it says you have to log on once a month and do at the very least, 1 module training per month to become an advocate.

I checked my training history and I been doing it every month for the last 9 months lol. I'll send them an email.[/QUOTE]

I swear the part about doing the training is new...

Anyway, got my wireless stero headset today. Thing is huge lol, never seen one out of the box before. Have not tested it out yet. But I am impressed how fast it got here.

[quote name='fuss']I swear the part about doing the training is new...

Anyway, got my wireless stero headset today. Thing is huge lol, never seen one out of the box before. Have not tested it out yet. But I am impressed how fast it got here.[/QUOTE]

I second the first part as well. I'm thinking about getting some of those as well since I had to relocate my system and whatnot. How much were they again? $40?

Anyway, got my wireless stero headset today. Thing is huge lol, never seen one out of the box before. Have not tested it out yet. But I am impressed how fast it got here.[/QUOTE]

The real question is what day did you order the headset?

How would one know when they reached advocate status? Does it say on the top right or anything?

I got a responses from them and they said I should be upgraded to advocate status within the week.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I second the first part as well. I'm thinking about getting some of those as well since I had to relocate my system and whatnot. How much were they again? $40?[/QUOTE]

yup, $30 + $10 and 6,000 points. I fell much better deal than even the BBY discount.

[quote name='WormFOODx']The real question is what day did you order the headset?[/QUOTE]

On 3/21/12 and got to me 4/2/12. Seemed even quicker than that. And for whatever reason I seem to get everyting a day after everybody else lol.

Yeah, the training part is new. I wasn't even aware of that.

[quote name='fuss']yup, $30 + $10 and 6,000 points. I fell much better deal than even the BBY discount.

On 3/21/12 and got to me 4/2/12. Seemed even quicker than that. And for whatever reason I seem to get everyting a day after everybody else lol.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I finally hit the sixth month mark of training as well. I sent them an email. Don't want to miss out on a Vita once they release it. Plus the other games as well.

[quote name='Auburn']Instead of updating my advocate status, they unverified me the morning I'm packing for PAX. -_-;[/QUOTE]

You got it too? I wonder if this is a mistake then. I checked if my store was no longer participating and it still was up there, and they never gave me a warning to re-verify. I hope they'll still ship out Unit 13 though.

Same here. They unverified after letting me know I'd be updated to advocate status within the week lol.

I just resubmitted my pay stub. Hoping things go smoothly.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I was an already an advocate and was unverified today. I think they are doing a mass reverification.[/QUOTE]

While that appears to be the case, I doubt they would do that on purpose. That's just generating a lot of work at one time. I sent them a note on twitter. We'll see.

This is the e-mail I received from them earlier. I sent them an email regarding my status because this is the sixth month I've been a part of the program.

Hi Justin,

We did have an issue on the back end that was not automatically moving
folks to the Advocate status. We are running a script as I write this that
should fix the issue. I have also forwarded your email to our tech support
to make sure your account is switched-

Thanks for your support out a retail!

Thanks again.

Hello advocate status! (soon to be) PS There's three new PS Vita training modules on the site as well.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']
We did have an issue on the back end that was not automatically moving
folks to the Advocate status. We are running a script as I write this that
should fix the issue. I have also forwarded your email to our tech support
to make sure your account is switched-
[/QUOTE]

Anyone else think the script's purpose was to also require auto verification every so often? I haven't had to verify employment in a looooooong time.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Anyone else think the script's purpose was to also require auto verification every so often? I haven't had to verify employment in a looooooong time.[/QUOTE]

I definitley do. I've only had to verify my employment twice in the 4 years I've been a part of the RLS. Once when I started and once when they did the site redesign.

Well I got verified and they upgraded my status to advocate. I think I've been running without it for the past 3 months. Feels good. Too bad there is nothing in the rewards catalog that I want lol.

[quote name='TheHelix']CheapAssHustla is the only one here who has Advocate status.

THIS IS ALL HIS FAULT

jk[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's great. Well hey if that's the case, I get first dibs on the the rewards. ;) I can see myself buying a lot more games in the future. I want Twisted Metal so I can get that mask. Is the mask still being offered?

lol, had the wife upload our stubs... she uploaded my stub to her account first. Had to re-upload hers to her account. Hope that does not mess anything up. whoops!

Here's to hoping there's a restock soon. I feel like I say that too often, lol. I love spending money. I'm positive this thread will explode when they put Vitas become available.

[quote name='TheHelix']Unit 13 came in today, game is pretty fun. Still bummed I missed out on :ps3: MLB 12. Gonna pass on Starhawk, might get Sorcery.[/QUOTE]

Is there a single player campaign in Starhawk? I'll probably pass as well. Couldn't get into Warhawk, and I never played MAG. Just aren't my type of games as of late.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is there a single player campaign in Starhawk? I'll probably pass as well. Couldn't get into Warhawk, and I never played MAG. Just aren't my type of games as of late.[/QUOTE]

Yes it has a single player story mode. MAG was a great idea that didn't turn out so well and Warhawk well I didn't care for it.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Yes it has a single player story mode. MAG was a great idea that didn't turn out so well and Warhawk well I didn't care for it.[/QUOTE]

That's cool. I have a plethora of points so I'll scoop it up. Play through the campaign, and play the MP for a bit. Then I'll probably give the game to dad. Thanks for letting me know.

bread's done
Back