The new (and mod approved) Sony RLS thread

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']It's sold out at the moment. You can still buy a Wand and Nav Controller. Just have to pick up a camera from Amazon or something. Just a heads up.[/QUOTE]

Dammit! Knew I should've jumped on the Move bundle last night. I was too indecisive and opted to sleep on it. Oh well. Guess my decision was made for me.

I already have the PSEye. Just need the move controllers. I figured getting the bundle would be better since I could sell the camera and get the controllers for free. Live and learn...

[quote name='Warner1281']Dammit! Knew I should've jumped on the Move bundle last night. I was too indecisive and opted to sleep on it. Oh well. Guess my decision was made for me.

I already have the PSEye. Just need the move controllers. I figured getting the bundle would be better since I could sell the camera and get the controllers for free. Live and learn...[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how you feel. Last year I bought a Move Bundle that came with an extra Wand, and Nav Controller for $100. At the time I knew it was a good deal. If I would've known about this site, I wouldn't have bought that bundle. It was money well spent because my gf and I play the Move all of the time. You live and you learn man.

There's a full 320 gb ps3 + move bundle up for 20,000 points and $200 + $10 shipping. not that bad if you have the points

edit: the standard 320 gb console without move is up there for the same price as well

and aside, anyone else getting the message that their security certificate expired?

[quote name='AgentW']There's a full 320 gb ps3 + move bundle up for 20,000 points and $200 + $10 shipping. not that bad if you have the points

edit: the standard 320 gb console without move is up there for the same price as well

and aside, anyone else getting the message that their security certificate expired?[/QUOTE]

You'll only get that error if you go through their old website (rls.us.playstation.com) You have to go through their new website so you don't get that error. (on.us.playstation.com) Hope that helps.

I just realized that the system marked PS3 320GB Console also comes with an extra blue Dualshock 3 and an Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition. Seems it's actually a pretty decent deal for $210.

[quote name='Auburn']I just realized that the system marked PS3 320GB Console also comes with an extra blue Dualshock 3 and an Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition. Seems it's actually a pretty decent deal for $210.[/QUOTE]

It really is. I would snag it, but I'm saving my points for a Vita. My PS3 is in perfect condition at the moment so it would probably stay in the box if I ordered it, lol. Plus 20,000 points is steep. Hopefully they add some more hardware in the future. Mainly want done more controllers, and that 7.1 Headset.

I'm hoping for the Jak & Daxter HD collection to make a comeback and for them to put more Vita stuff up like Unit 13. Debating if I want to wait until they hopefully put Gravity Rush up on the store instead of buying it day one.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']What's the email we're supposed to contact to get invited to the RLS Starhawk clan?[/QUOTE]

This is what I saw from their twitter account.

"For the folks that want the [onPS] Starhawk Clan revived, say no more! As soon as I can, I'll start it back up. Send req's to us with..."

""Starhawk Clan" as the subject and your PSN id in the message body."

I believe they were referring to sending them a DM on twitter. I'm not sure though.

One of my packages arrived today. I think it's Twisted Metal and Uncharted.

Edit: They slashed the point requirement of the PS3 bundles to 10,000 points and $210. I thought it was points only. I was going to snag one if it was points only.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']One of my packages arrived today. I think it's Twisted Metal and Uncharted.

Edit: They slashed the point requirement of the PS3 bundles to 10,000 points and $210. I thought it was points only. I was going to snag one if it was points only.[/QUOTE]
I'd be more willing to buy it if it were 10-20k points and $100-$160. Most preferably $110. That would be pretty cool.

And my order hasn't arrived yet.:cry:

[quote name='xsouthparkx']I'd be more willing to buy it if it were 10-20k points and $100-$160. Most preferably $110. That would be pretty cool.

And my order hasn't arrived yet.:cry:[/QUOTE]

That sucks man. It was my media remote. Figured it would come in handy since the gf and I watch a ton of movies. It's weird because I ordered the remote after TM and Uncharted. Thought they would come in first.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']That sucks man. It was my media remote. Figured it would come in handy since the gf and I watch a ton of movies. It's weird because I ordered the remote after TM and Uncharted. Thought they would come in first.[/QUOTE]

I ordered Move stuff with TM and Uncharted: GA first and then put in an order for Medieval Moves. I got the Medieval Moves last week and I'm still awaiting my other items. I think the TM is slowing everything down because of the mask bundle.

They're allowing all members to snag the PS3 bundles for $210 and 10,000 points. Hopefully they'll sell. It's a really good deal if you need a PS3.

Move Bundles up for everyone as well. 3,500 points and $20. Can't beat that at that price!

I ordered my twisted metal on the 1st of the month. It says processed but does not appear to have been shipped. In the past I have typically received everything within a week or two so I bet you are right about TM slowing everything down.

[quote name='Auburn']I ordered Move stuff with TM and Uncharted: GA first and then put in an order for Medieval Moves. I got the Medieval Moves last week and I'm still awaiting my other items. I think the TM is slowing everything down because of the mask bundle.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They're allowing all members to snag the PS3 bundles for $210 and 10,000 points. Hopefully they'll sell. It's a really good deal if you need a PS3.

Move Bundles up for everyone as well. 3,500 points and $20. Can't beat that at that price![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the Move Bundles. Got one after missing out last time. Although, it was listed for 2000 pts + $20 when I got it just now.

[quote name='TheHelix']So did anyone catch the "small restock" for the day? I don't really see anything new except the media remote.[/QUOTE]

The only other item I see is MLB The Show 11 for $10, and Killzone 3 for $10. 100 and 500 points respectively.

Apparently Starhawk and Sorcery will be available on the RLS in about a week.

"(About Starhawk) i ordered it a few days ago so give it like another week. Sorcery will be loaded along with it too"

About how long does it take for them to verify your employment status? I'm trying to grab a move bundle, but have yet to actually verify myself. I know the site says 2-3 weeks, but sometimes that estimation isn't correct.

[quote name='jwk94']About how long does it take for them to verify your employment status? I'm trying to grab a move bundle, but have yet to actually verify myself. I know the site says 2-3 weeks, but sometimes that estimation isn't correct.[/QUOTE]

Depends. Usually a day or two.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Apparently Starhawk and Sorcery will be available on the RLS in about a week.

"(About Starhawk) i ordered it a few days ago so give it like another week. Sorcery will be loaded along with it too"[/QUOTE]

That's good news indeed! $20 and roughly 6,000 points sounds about right to me. I'm pretty sure we'll received those two games before we receive Twisted Metal, lol.

@TheHelix, did you order it or did you receive it yesterday?

[quote name='Cindaddy']Depends. Usually a day or two.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. What's the best way to send in the verification? Should i just take a picture of the pay stub and then black out everything with Microsoft Paint before uploading it to their servers?

[quote name='jwk94']Thanks. What's the best way to send in the verification? Should i just take a picture of the pay stub and then black out everything with Microsoft Paint before uploading it to their servers?[/QUOTE]

That's the easiest way. I used Microsoft Paint, and just blacked out my rate of pay. Let us know when you get verified. There are a ton of quizzes up now so you don't have to worry about not having enough points to get games etc.

I just got my TM, Uncharted, and Move Nav/Motion today. I also got my Move bundle which I only ordered last week. Sadly, there was no mask with TM, even though the description said so. :(

[quote name='Auburn']I just got my TM, Uncharted, and Move Nav/Motion today. I also got my Move bundle which I only ordered last week. Sadly, there was no mask with TM, even though the description said so. :([/QUOTE]

Lame as hell man. I would definitely send them an email, or hit up their twitter page. I ordered Resistance 3 a while back, and they sent me Killzone 3. I emailed them, and shot them a DM through twitter. They told me to keep Killzone 3, and they sent me a replacement copy of Resistance 3. The funny this is I can still order Killzone 3 from them so it would be three copies total, lol. Already snagged the Helghast Bundle. I hope they help you out man.

My order of TM/Uncharted was sent out on the 15th so hopefully it'll be here next week or so.

Gran Turismo 5 XL
Twisted Metal
Ratchet and Clank all4one
Uncharted GA
Modnation Racers
Wipeout
The 3 eyepet games bundle.

And these will be here shortly.
Killzone 3
Little Big Planet 2
Move Bundle
MLB 11
Medieval Moves
Uncharted 2 GOTY

I am shocked that Starhawk is still not up in the catalog. They pushed that so hard on us before it came out and then *poof* nothing at all.

What ever happened to putting games up the day they come out? I REALLY do not want to sound ungreateful but they did say they were going to be putting games up the day they came out and I do not think that has ever happened....

Starhawk is such a fun game - really suggest picking it up if it ever gets up in the catalog.

[quote name='fuss']I am shocked that Starhawk is still not up in the catalog. They pushed that so hard on us before it came out and then *poof* nothing at all.

What ever happened to putting games up the day they come out? I REALLY do not want to sound ungreateful but they did say they were going to be putting games up the day they came out and I do not think that has ever happened....

Starhawk is such a fun game - really suggest picking it up if it ever gets up in the catalog.[/QUOTE]

By the time it comes out, it'll be out for two weeks or so. I don't mind waiting a little bit to get Starhawk for $10. Even if it took a month or longer, I wouldn't mind. Sorcery will come out next week alongside Starhawk. You make a valid point though. They can only place orders for items once they get the ok from their distributor, Sony. Sony barely did any press for this game as well. That's sad if you ask me.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']By the time it comes out, it'll be out for two weeks or so. I don't mind waiting a little bit to get Starhawk for $10. Even if it took a month or longer, I wouldn't mind. Sorcery will come out next week alongside Starhawk. You make a valid point though. They can only place orders for items once they get the ok from their distributor, Sony. Sony barely did any press for this game as well. That's sad if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I am still ok with the short delay in the posting of the games. $10 for a new game is great, and I have got SO MUCH from the RLS in the years I have been a member on it.. almost makes up for the time spent at BBY lol.

BUT... having said that. They made a point to come out and say they were going to start to put games up in the catalog the day they came out. And many games have come out since they made that claim and it just has not hapened. And games like Starhawk would really benefit from DoR listings. The sooner this game gets in employess hands the sooner they can see how good it is and suggest it... and it really needs help because it is just not selling for anything in my local stores.

[quote name='fuss']Don't get me wrong, I am still ok with the short delay in the posting of the games. $10 for a new game is great, and I have got SO MUCH from the RLS in the years I have been a member on it.. almost makes up for the time spent at BBY lol.

BUT... having said that. They made a point to come out and say they were going to start to put games up in the catalog the day they came out. And many games have come out since they made that claim and it just has not hapened. And games like Starhawk would really benefit from DoR listings. The sooner this game gets in employess hands the sooner they can see how good it is and suggest it... and it really needs help because it is just not selling for anything in my local stores.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even think about it like that. I work in the Geek Squad so only my coworkers ask me about games. You make a good point though. I'm not sure how it's selling in my stores as well. That's the thing too. A lot of people don't want to invest a new IP when they could buy Madden or COD. It's quite sad if you ask me. We need newer IPs out there.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I didn't even think about it like that. I work in the Geek Squad so only my coworkers ask me about games. You make a good point though. I'm not sure how it's selling in my stores as well. That's the thing too. A lot of people don't want to invest a new IP when they could buy Madden or COD. It's quite sad if you ask me. We need newer IPs out there.[/QUOTE]

So far the sales in my area have been pretty low.:cry: Plus everyone I know is playing Diablo 3 or sticking with COD like you said. So the best that this game can hope for is if it gains a cult following over time. It is quite sad indeed.

[quote name='jwk94']Is there an ambassador catalog or do you guys see the same things regular members do?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's called Advocate, but I do like Ambassador better as a title. All you need to do is sign on at least once a month for 3 months and your in. There are more items available in the Advocates catalogue.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Yeah, it's called Advocate, but I do like Ambassador better as a title. All you need to do is sign on at least once a month for 3 months and your in. There are more items available in the Advocates catalogue.[/QUOTE]

:drool: Ya'll are lucky smh. I thought it was 6 months?

[quote name='jwk94']:drool: Ya'll are lucky smh. I thought it was 6 months?[/QUOTE]

I signed up for the program 3 years ago, but I hardly did the quizzes. Once I started at BBY, I started doing the quizzes again. I started in October, and I didn't get bumped up to advocate status until April. I had to email them when they did the whole re-verification process. It takes six months though. It's really nice having advocate status because you get an extra 10% bonus for completing quizzes, and like others have mentioned more products. Mainly newer games, accessories, consoles etc. In the meantime, I would continue to do quizzes and save your points if anything doesn't catch your eye. I have ~38,000 points which I'm going to snag Starhawk, Sorcery, and Gravity Rush (if they add it) even though I don't own a Vita, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I signed up for the program 3 years ago, but I hardly did the quizzes. Once I started at BBY, I started doing the quizzes again. I started in October, and I didn't get bumped up to advocate status until April. I had to email them when they did the whole re-verification process. It takes six months though. It's really nice having advocate status because you get an extra 10% bonus for completing quizzes, and like others have mentioned more products. Mainly newer games, accessories, consoles etc. In the meantime, I would continue to do quizzes and save your points if anything doesn't catch your eye. I have ~38,000 points which I'm going to snag Starhawk, Sorcery, and Gravity Rush (if they add it) even though I don't own a Vita, lol.[/QUOTE]
I swear at one point it was only 3 months...:drool:
IDK maybe I'm thinking of something else.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']You can throw any SATA HDD into your PS3. I bought a 750GB Seagate External HDD from Best Buy for $70. I cracked it open, and threw installed it without a problem. I took out the original 80GB HDD and put it back into the external enclosure. Now I use that for my college documents etc. You should check Newegg etc for Sata HDDs. I'm surprised the PS3 is available as well. I think most people who want a PS3 have one by now. I wonder if they'll put the new PS4 when it launches. One can dream right. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have no idea how to do that. Plus I don't want to go through reinstalling everything. I'm currently at 19 GB on my PS3.

I'm surprised Uncharted 2 keeps showing up yet Uncharted 3 is absent.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']I swear at one point it was only 3 months...:drool:
IDK maybe I'm thinking of something else.[/QUOTE]

I think you're thinking of Expertzone. You can get rewards as soon as you get verified. It takes three months to reach Expert status where you get the best discounts etc.

Upgrading your HDD is super easy. Their so many videos on youtube describing it. The only thing is HDD are so expensive as of late.

To reach advocate status, you need to log in once a month for 6 months and complete a quiz each month.

My suggestion is do this and save all your quizzes til you reach advocate status for the 10% bonus.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']The Live Stream only has 13-16 people or say. That's pretty sad. I'm the only one commenting. :cry: I can't wait to order my copy though.[/QUOTE]
Ah man, I missed it.:cry:

They need to send an email for this kind of thing lol.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Ah man, I missed it.:cry:

They need to send an email for this kind of thing lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol, do you follow their twitter page or receive their tweets to your phone? That's the only way I remembered the LiveStream and I'm always checking out the site for new quizzes and rewards etc. I have a feeling that their going to do the restock today with Starhawk and Sorcery. Keep it locked on this thread, lol.

EDIT: Apparently there's more people who didn't receive their mask, and they're pissed on the twitter page. I can understand you being upset, but you can always send them an email. That's what I'm going to do. I really wanted the mask for Halloween this year. I wonder if they would ban the guy....

I have them on twitter, but I don't get emails or texts sent to my phone. But I'll be sure to keep an eye out for any game releases this week.

EDIT:
And that dude was pretty pissed lol. They probably won't ban him unless he starts cursing them out or something.

bread's done
Back