(the New) Bionic Commando Pre-Order Gift List

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Let us not forget that Capcom plans to take all our money in the late winter/spring! SFIV, REV, and what's this? Oh yes...

Bionic Commando.

And after Grin's stellar efforts with the 2.5D remake of the NES classic I think it's fair that we give them a shot with the fully 3D sequel.

To sucker us further into buying the game there will be two different pre-order gifts.

Game Crazy will get a very limited edition lunch box and Gamestop will be giving away old and new school game logo patches for you to sew on to your stuff. Details are right here http://www.capcom-unity.com/snow_in...d_school_style_bionic_commando_preorder_items
Hit that link to see a pic of the front of the lunch box and pics of the patches.

front.jpg

Sigh, that lunchbox looks awesome, why couldn't gamestop get that bonus? I would have preordered right away for that bonus instead of the lame patches.

I don't think I have ever seen a gamecrazy, guess I'll wait until there's a price drop or something.

That's why Game Crazy gets the crazy stuff (heh). Since there are fewer of them than Gamestops, less money is spent on pre-order gifts. We saw what happened with Mirror's Edge. And that's a nice sized bag. I use the darn thing to tout my 360 around. Some preorderes never even got it.

So with a smaller chain Capcom can guarantee, hopefully, enough lunch boxes for pre-orders. I'm gonna drive the extra 15 mins to go to my nearest Game Crazy and pre-order this game. We are finally getting Japanese level swag in this country and I'm going to show my support.

DAMMIT! I would pay money for a black t-shirt with the new logo on the back. I came in here hoping it would be a shirt. I'll pass on the lunchbox and the patches

Dear lord that lunch box IS Rad. Good to see BC intel is accurate, wouldn't want to see him swinging in to a bunch of un-rad lunch boxes.

I honestly never though a lunch box would get this many people on this board excited. Oh well, to each his own! I am going to take a pass ...

I called my local Game Crazy about this and they said that you need to preorder the Collector's Edition of the game in order to get the lunchbox. I didn't even know there was a CE for Bionic Commando, and couldn't find anything to suppport the fact that it exists, but the Game Crazy employee said that it was in the computer as such. Anyone have anything to elaborate on this with? Or did he just not know what he was talking about?

[quote name='MasamuneNKX']I called my local Game Crazy about this and they said that you need to preorder the Collector's Edition of the game in order to get the lunchbox. I didn't even know there was a CE for Bionic Commando, and couldn't find anything to suppport the fact that it exists, but the Game Crazy employee said that it was in the computer as such. Anyone have anything to elaborate on this with? Or did he just not know what he was talking about?[/quote]

I would venture he was uninformed. The Gamecrazy website makes no mention of the "collector's edition" and is offering the deal at the usual price.
My guess is that the game comes packaged inside the lunchbox, hence "collector's edition".

That lunchbox is rad, but I refuse to pre-order anything else from GameCrazy ever again. They didn't have enough promo items to go around for my last two pre-orders there, and I've heard many stories from others in the same boat, so it's just not worth the trouble anymore since I assume that they will never get in enough pre-order goodies unless you have connections there.

Wow. I don't think I've ever been so amazingly underwhelmed by a preorder goodie. How sucky.

This game went from "Ooh, I'ma get me that! Looks sweet!" to "meh, prolly give me motion sickness."

So this game was delayed till May it seems. I think that's actually a great idea as Capcom was not giving it enough media attention. Once RE5 is out of the way Capcom can work on hyping this up properly. Oh and I'm sure they are working out multiplayer kinks too.

PS. And I finally pre-ordered.

[quote name='fairtrade']If GC gets it in May that will be pretty good considering you folks pre-ordering at GS have to wait until June. :roll:[/quote]

Not sure if you're being a smart ass or not...

Honestly the game only has a first half of 2009 window. It could be May or June. I just think that Capcom may be giving itself more time to properly advertise this title. No reason why it shouldn't do half a million between the three systems. Rearmed did hella well on XBLA and I'm sure it did great on PS3 too.

I noticed compaired to RE and SF, there is like zilcho hype for this game. Let me know when they bring back Breath of Fire, Strider or Demon Crest.

Ok I have to wonder this to myself... is anyone out there thinking, "oh, man, I've got to have those Bionic Commando patches for my jean jacket!" :D

bread's done
Back