The new CAG 3.0 update took a hint from Facebook!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else feel the same way? The control panel, scrolling down to see new threads (like the news feed), and the layout is very similar to Facebook. This is a great thing and I have to say I'm glad!

The entire site looks like shit.

I've been through CAG re-hauls before but this is first time the changes have actually made me feel like I'm fucking senile (at age 26) because it feels like I'm not at CAG anymore.

/rant

Also, the time on my posts are wrong even though I indicated in my settings I am in Pacific Standard time.

It actually shows posts that are above me at a later time than my post
example: says 4:34 pm when my post was at 3:51 pm

My time should be about 4:34 pm also, *shrug*

The entire site looks like shit.

I've been through CAG re-hauls before but this is first time the changes have actually made me feel like I'm fucking senile (at age 26) because it feels like I'm not at CAG anymore.

/rant

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it. I agree the font seems a bit odd. I also prefer dark bgs over white. I wish there were themes.

CAG is my favorite webpage, which I visit multiple times every day.

That being said, I hate the new CAG. I can't find my subscriptions, which was basically the only place I frequented religiously.

If I can't find it (or get 2.0 back), I'm truly done with this all-new look. New is not always better.

And like Facebook, I'm not enjoying it. Especially having to re-learn the site.

I really hope there's a way to return my viewing options to the message board layout, or at least a black background. All this white is killing my eyes.

*EDIT* And apparently 3.0 is the only current theme. *sigh* I'm gonna go explore what my other options are for getting deals. Heck, it even seems like Slickdeals has more color than this place now!

:oldman:

Absolutely horrible.  I miss the old front page, the ease of getting in to your private groups (do they even still exist anymore?), and just the feel that CAG had before.  This new look took the place from my favorite place to visit, to absolute trash

Also, the time on my posts are wrong even though I indicated in my settings I am in Pacific Standard time.

It actually shows posts that are above me at a later time than my post
example: says 4:34 pm when my post was at 3:51 pm

My time should be about 4:34 pm also, *shrug*
It's because we're in the FUTURE! Dundundun.

I'm having the same problem.

they could have at least made a darker back ground or increase the font size.  This change is really different from 2.0 that it is a bit disorienting, not to mention that this format makes CAG look like another generic forum site which sort of kills the appeal.  

they could have at least made a darker back ground or increase the font size. This change is really different from 2.0 that it is a bit disorienting, not to mention that this format makes CAG look like another generic forum site which sort of kills the appeal.
Innovation is hard to come by nowadays as far as sites go. Much easier to use an "out-of-the-box" standardized site forum/layout than make your own. Sad but true.

they could have at least made a darker back ground or increase the font size. This change is really different from 2.0 that it is a bit disorienting, not to mention that this format makes CAG look like another generic forum site which sort of kills the appeal.
yeah i had to increase the font size just to make it seem a little better (control and + (plus sign, for some reason the symbol is not displaying ??))
i also agree with you that CAG looks pretty generic now

CAG is my favorite webpage, which I visit multiple times every day.

That being said, I hate the new CAG. I can't find my subscriptions, which was basically the only place I frequented religiously.

If I can't find it (or get 2.0 back), I'm truly done with this all-new look. New is not always better.
i think you can access them if you click youre user name on the top right, the little downwards arrow, then click 'content i follow'

My biggest beef isn't relearning the site... it's that in the process I can't find the stuff that I WANT to see.  I don't give a rats about most crap.... I check the tweets, and I check 2-3 forums.  Everything else is meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back