the new "Games I just couldn't get into" Thread.

Killzone Shadow Fall. I just hated all the gameplay changes with the owl etc., and super frustrating in places with billet sponge enemies coming from multiple directions etc.

I could not get into Zack & Wiki. I know a lot of people ended up loving it, but I never really got that.

I enjoyed the first Phoenix Wright game, but I am not interested enough to keep playing any of the sequels. It was fun for a bit, but not for any longer.

Gravity Rush would be another recent one for me.

I kind of got into it a bit, but once it got more combat focused it just wasn't for me.  I thought the combat was lousy and just to disorienting.  And I'm just not a big fan of beat 'em up action type games anyway.  The setting and concept were interesting up to that point though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Resogun (PS4) - People praised this game so much when the PS4 launched and I couldn't understand why. I'm guessing it was because it was a launch game and people were looking for something to brand "SYSTEM SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!"

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix (PS3) - I was excited as hell when it was announced and upon picking up my LE Pre-order, I realized Kingdom Hearts (1 at least) hasn't stood the test of time.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PSVita) - Uncharted 1 = Good, Uncharted 2 = Great, Uncharted 3 = fair, Uncharted GA = complete fucking garbage. I couldn't sit through more than 2 hours of it before giving up on it. Good thing I got it free off PSN otherwise I would have been pissed at wasting my money.

LittleBigPlanet series (Playstation) - I see the appeal, but it just wasn't for me

Most WRPGs I just can't get into (Fables, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, Skyrim) I tried. Spent several hours on all of them but the interest just wasn't there.

The exceptions are Witcher 2 & Mass Effect

Resogun (PS4) - People praised this game so much when the PS4 launched and I couldn't understand why. I'm guessing it was because it was a launch game and people were looking for something to brand "SYSTEM SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1!"

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PSVita) - Uncharted 1 = Good, Uncharted 2 = Great, Uncharted 3 = fair, Uncharted GA = complete fucking garbage. I couldn't sit through more than 2 hours of it before giving up on it. Good thing I got it free off PSN otherwise I would have been pissed at wasting my money.

LittleBigPlanet series (Playstation) - I see the appeal, but it just wasn't for me
Resogun is ok, I'm just not a fan of SCHMUPS. It's a pretty niche game, so I don't think its the launch game thing, just that it is a very good game for people who like the genre.

Golden Abyss I never get the hate for. I didn't like it nearly as much as Uncharted 2 or 3, but still liked it an lot and more than the first one. Some of the touch screen stuff was annoying, but I liked that it was less shooter heavy than 2 or 3 or even the first really.

Agree on LBP. I'm not into creating stuff, or playing user generated content, and the platforming just isn't very good. I'm a bit underwhelmed by Tearaway currently as well.

It may not be fair to the game due to its alpha stage, but DayZ is just not fun. It has recently gotten even worse with zombies not going down and clipping through every single building. It doesn't seem like alpha...it just seems broken. How can a game that's been in development for so long in 2014 not know how to stop consistent clipping? Once in a while is fine, but this is every single time.

I hate dying thanks to a glitch and then spending the next half hour running (with no auto run key like in other mmo's) to try and meet my friends, who are simultaneously trying to figure out where they are.

What, am I supposed to spend 40 hours painstakingly learning the map before having fun? Yeah...no.

the latest may be X Com for me. It was fun up to a point, but after conquering the alien base I'm short on Alloys and I'm not getting enough from the missions. (if at all)

The game was already feeling repetitive before the base, now it just feels like a drag.

Dead Rising - I bought it, traded it....thinking about buying it again.  I felt cornered, if I can remember it right, I was at a point and place where I wasn't prepared and kept getting killed.  I'm willing to give it one more try.

Silent Hill 2 - I like dark and scary games, but dark, scary, AND depressing - that's no fun.  So I was through.  Read an article on Kotaku, which spoiled the ending and regretted not pressing forward....just a little bit.  I wished most games took this approach to story telling.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Think I had the same response to at least two Dead Rising games. Fun to play for a while. Encountered a boss, got trapped by an auto save, cue loading up to die over and over and over.

bread's done
Back