The New Gaming Trend

ApolloSupreme

CAGiversary!
Release incomplete games and then patch them later in a hope it completes it and fixes the issues.
We see it with many. Some companies release huge day one patches and that redeems them a little but then there are companies who struggle to ever get the game right after collecting all the money.

- Skyrim took like a whole year for PS3.
- BF4 took nearly a year and some argue it's still not corrected to an acceptable level.
- AC Unity is the newest F'you to gamers.

This is indeed a troubling trend and is making me want to resist preorder going forward unless it's one via EB games where my Edge membership gives me a week to return it.

I certainly find it a tough balance, I can relate to the article.

One thing I do is try to buy something new on the weekend so that the inevitable patches occur while I'm doing other stuff around the house or outside. I have a maximum two hour window on weeknights...

Last edited by a moderator:
QA has gone down hill.

take the binding of isaac for example. this game was released on november 4th, the free ps+ game. great game no doubt, but there are trophies that are glitched, in game items that dont show up and in game secrets that dont unlock. how did these get past QA? did the team play testing this game not do these things? i find it very hard to believe that no one beat the game with the lost to find out that his item doesnt unlock.

tweets and emails to the devs have gone completely ignored. theyll gladly post about how their game is on sale and how you should buy it, but wont say a word about when a patch is incoming fixing everything thats glitched in their game.

Look at the only Call of Duty and Madden to hit the PS Vita. Both games had major flaws and received no support from the Devs to make things worse. There are a lot of company's out there that clearly only care about taking our money. They have their targets and if they fail they expect the gamers to pay for those failure instead of them taking accountability and delaying the games until they're up to par. Not only that but then they cheap out on pre order bonuses giving you digital content in some cases that's on the disc and merely blocked to the gamers who don't trust them to pay them in advance of reviews. The only way this gets better is to not support the companies doing unethical things. They will go away or change if you don't support their behaviour.

This is indeed a troubling trend and is making me want to resist preorder going forward unless it's one via EB games where my Edge membership gives me a week to return it.
You should absolutely do this anyway, unless the game is actually likely to receive a limited run in the US, or it's a CE of something you're very sure you want. Overall, preordering is dumb and doesn't serve gamers enough.

bread's done
Back