The New Moon DVD/Blu-ray Exclusives Roundup

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
I am in NO WAY a huge fan, and I haven't even seen New Moon yet, but I have to say I am HELLA IMPRESSED with this Marketing scheme I am willing to BET that this will be one of the ALL TIME Best-Seller!

Best Buy
Exclusive Steelcase & Preorder get a cellphone skin
9687_medium.jpg

Target
Exclusive Fanpack DVD and Blu-ray + Collectible Film Cell! Also Appreals (T-shirts), Toys, Games, Books, etc...
The following special features are common to the Special Edition and the Deluxe Edition:
Behind-the scenes documentary in six parts:
Life After Twilight
Chris Weitz takes the helm
The Subtle Details
Time to Shine
Tricks of the Trade
Ready for the World
Band rehearsal footage with Muse
Music videos from Death Cab for Cutie, Anya Marina, and Mute Math

Wal-mart
Exclusive Ultimate Fan Edition on DVD and Blu-ray
In addition to the movie and 50 minutes of bonus material and interviews, Fan Edition offers a special seven-minute sneak peak (including an actual scene) of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which hits theaters in June.
Items include wolf and vampire lover tanks for $7, Twilight Saga themed tees for $9; Jacob Black and Edward Cullen tees ($9); Twilight Saga themed jewelry (bracelets, pins, key chains, earrings, necklaces) for $5; Twilight Saga themed messenger bags ($12) and totes ($9); Twilight Saga books, including “The Twilight Saga: New Moon Official Illustrated Companion Book” ($13.24) and “Life Story” magazine cover issue featuring Twilight ($8.95); and The Twilight Saga New Moon Ultimate Fan Poster, including exclusive DVD cover art for $5.

Borders
Exclusive edition with a medallion, but only for the standard-definition release.

And instead of Tuesday, this New Release comes out on Saturday!

WOW this is HOW you market a Product to Bloodthirsty Fans - SMART!!!

Wish Final Fantasy XIII had anything like this!

Just the Target Edition for me. My review copy should be here in a day or two, but the Special Features seem pretty bare.

[quote name='4thHorseman']As a new PS3 owner looking to get blu-rays, can someone explain to me what a steelcase is?[/QUOTE]

A SteelBook is a media cases wrapped in metal (made of aluminum).

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']A SteelBook is a media cases wrapped in metal (made of aluminum).[/QUOTE]

So other than the metal case, it has the same features as a regular blu-ray/dvd? I was thinking it may have had more special features or a bonus disc or something.

so does anyone think people will camp out starting Friday? or show up at 5am Saturday morning?? I'm willing to bet there will be campers, and they will all be girls with their parents sitting in the suburban in the parking lot..

[quote name='4thHorseman']So other than the metal case, it has the same features as a regular blu-ray/dvd? I was thinking it may have had more special features or a bonus disc or something.[/QUOTE]

Have you never seen a Steelbook in the past 10 years they've been available? Not only have Blu-rays been in Steelbooks, but DVDs and videogames.

[quote name='token2k6']so does anyone think people will camp out starting Friday? or show up at 5am Saturday morning?? I'm willing to bet there will be campers, and they will all be girls with their parents sitting in the suburban in the parking lot..[/QUOTE]

Exactly why this is coming out on a Saturday vs Tuesday (school day). I'll swing by Target when it opens, cause I'm a dork.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Have you never seen a Steelbook in the past 10 years they've been available? Not only have Blu-rays been in Steelbooks, but DVDs and videogames.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I normally don't go for extras and whatnot on movies since I never watch them. But my fiance' loves Twilight and figured I she would want all the extra stuff.

But if it's just the case...don't really see the point. Seems a waste to me.

[quote name='token2k6']so does anyone think people will camp out starting Friday? or show up at 5am Saturday morning?? I'm willing to bet there will be campers, and they will all be girls with their parents sitting in the suburban in the parking lot..[/QUOTE]

My wife and nine year old daughter are going to a Borders Books release party on the 19th. I wish they did more of these. I love the quiet. LOL.

I think it depends on where you live. I went to Target last year around 8:30 in the morning when Twilight came out to get it on Blu-Ray and I was the first one there to purchase it and I didn't see anyone else going for it yet.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Got my copy yesterday! Woo hoo![/QUOTE]

How'd you manage that?

So which version is everyone getting? My wife wants it on Blu and could care less about the collectibles but would want the most extra scenes possible.

It actually looks like the Target edition has the most/best bonus material. I do like the look of a steelbook thought :p

I'm sure there are some fans that will get all the different versions. I myself would never watch any of these movies, as they suck and no not in a good way.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']A SteelBook is a media cases wrapped in metal (made of aluminum).[/QUOTE]
Actually despite being fragile and easy to dent it is indeed made of steel. Even some of the Xbox360 SteelBooks have the Steel Recycle logo on the back. I used to think they were made of tin foil because of how easy they can dent.

[quote name='AvidWriter']I'm sure there are some fans that will get all the different versions. I myself would never watch any of these movies, as they suck and no not in a good way.[/QUOTE]

Me! :)

I also think I am going with Target... for Bonuses. I don't care about Steelcase like some people do. I mean, it's nice but it's not really that good looking of a steelcase anyway,

Anybody know the cheapest place to buy the Blu Ray Version. Best Buy will have the Steel Case for $24.99 and non Steel Case for $21.99 during the first 2 hours on Saturday. Will there be a better deal?

[quote name='iluvmywife']Anybody know the cheapest place to buy the Blu Ray Version. Best Buy will have the Steel Case for $24.99 and non Steel Case for $21.99 during the first 2 hours on Saturday. Will there be a better deal?[/QUOTE]
Target has the standard BD for $19.99 and the 2 disc version for $24.99.

[quote name='iluvmywife']Anybody know the cheapest place to buy the Blu Ray Version. Best Buy will have the Steel Case for $24.99 and non Steel Case for $21.99 during the first 2 hours on Saturday. Will there be a better deal?[/QUOTE]

I just had it show up in my Amazon Goldbox for $18.99. I had it pre-ordered for $19.99. Not a huge savings, but a couple of clicks saved me a buck. Now if only I could save myself from having to watch it again...

Redplum [DOT] com has a coupon for $5 off when you buy new moon and one other movie (Astroboy, Twilight in Forks, and something else i can't remember) then if you want the twilight in forks or Astroboy there are $3 off coupons for them. Or if you want all three you can get $10 off with another coupon they have on there.

If you go to target and get both New Moon and Twilight in forks they give you a $5 gift card on top of it. Twilight in forks is going for $9.99 at target and the blu of new moon is $24.99

[quote name='CyReN']What's the cheapest place to get a dvd for this? no bonus stuff needed. (for gf)[/QUOTE]

$16.99 for DVD at Target and print out coupon. You get $5 GC from Target for buying both Twilight in Forks DVD ($9.99). It is essentially free with the coupon and the $5 GC you get.

Some peep got lucky from buying New Moon without the 2-3 items with this $5/$10/$16 coupon. Coupon scans perfectly on New Moon itself. So you'll get $5-$10 out to door depending on the version your getting. Let the madness begin...

dam the steelbook duo combo from future shop looks good, anyone know where I can get a hand on one of those being a US resident? (Not Ebay)

Picked up the BR Steelbook from Best Buy. I made the mistake of buying both the DVD and BR version of Twilight at the same time last year, so this year I think I'll just wait for the DVD version to be cheaper.

[quote name='quatrevav35']dam the steelbook duo combo from future shop looks good, anyone know where I can get a hand on one of those being a US resident? (Not Ebay)[/QUOTE]
I was looking for it too for my wife (she loves it, I hate it but it was just our three year anniversary so I caved even though I bought the BB sb this morning) but then just decided to ebay it before the prices get outrageous. I was able to get a copy sealed 54.99 including shipping which wasn't too bad imo.

I have the steelbook here. It really doesn't feel like steel. It seems like it's way too light weight, and weak to be steel. It feels more like aluminum.

bread's done
Back