The new PEARL JAM album might be their best yet!!

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
EDIT: The new self-titled CD might be the best CD they've ever recorded. The extra time spent refining these songs really shows in the final product. There at least 11 out of the 13 songs that I could see being singles. I can't wait until it is released on May 2.

Also, Pearl Jam will be playing on SNL this Saturday, April 15. Don't miss it!

EDIT: The single is available now!!! bootlegs.pearljam.com

I miss pearl jam back when every single song wasnt about some political agenda.

god i hate radio.

There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like Pearl Jam, and those who have never heard Vs.

I can't vouch for anything other than that album though.

[quote name='willardhaven']There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like Pearl Jam, and those who have never heard Vs.

I can't vouch for anything other than that album though.[/QUOTE]There are like ... 2 good songs on Vs. that I can think of. :lol:

That's why I've never been a huge Pearl Jam fan, I see them as a singles band who can't put out an album that's good all the way though. As that's how I usually listen to music, they don't get much play.

You people are all crazy. Pearl Jam is the greatest band in the history of the world. All of their albums are fantastic from start to finish with the exception of Vitalogy because there are a few songs of just experimental weirdness.

What about Zeppelin? :lol:

For every great Pearl Jam song there are at least 2 undeniably shitty ones to bring down their respective albums. It's a shame, really.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Morrissey lovers unite.[/QUOTE]

Just weeks away from the release of Ringleader of the Tormentors! "You Have Killed Me" is a pretty great lead-off single!

[quote name='Ledhed']:lol: Fags.[/quote]

QFT. Morrissey? Give me a break, no wonder you guys don't like Pearl Jam - you listen to crapola. :D

Looks like I got....
served.jpg

Not.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']There are like ... 2 good songs on Vs. that I can think of. :lol:
[/quote]

The only somewhat bad songs on that cd are Dissident and Daughter, and those are not that bad.

I don't know what grounds we are discussing these songs on though.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What about Zeppelin? :lol:[/quote]

Zeppelin is the second best band of all time, after Pearl Jam.

It's available NOW!!! Also, they just announced they are releasing soundboard recordings of shows from their vaults!!! November 30, 1993 is the first one!!! *DIES*

[quote name='javeryh']November 30, 1993 is the first one!!! *DIES*[/quote]

I really think I was at that show. I know I saw them in the fall a year or so after I graduated from high school.

[quote name='JimmieMac']I really think I was at that show. I know I saw them in the fall a year or so after I graduated from high school.[/quote]

It was in Vegas. Here's the setlist:

Set: even flow, once, deep, jeremy, dissident, daughter (across the universe), go, animal, state of love and trust, tremor christ, black, blood, alive
Encore 1: rearviewmirror, whipping leash, porch (tearing)
Encore 2: swallow my pride [w/mark mcLaughlin, steve turner, & chuck treece], ain't nothing to do [w/mark mcLaughlin, steve turner, & chuck treece], my way [w/terry presley]

It looks like it kicked ass. Ring any bells?

I just ordered the show and it does indeed kick ass. It's pretty straightforward though with the exception of "Tremor Christ" where EV really screws up the lyrics. I think this was the first time this song was ever played live though and Vitalogy was still over a year away so it's at least understandable. The second encore songs are a Green River reunion and I don't really care for those songs but they might grow on me. I

So is Worldwide Suicide the name of the single, or the general reaction they expect to get from releasing more music? ;)

[quote name='Blade']So is Worldwide Suicide the name of the single, or the general reaction they expect to get from releasing more music? ;)[/quote]

Blasphemer!! :)

Thanks to the OP for the heads up! I just downloaded it and I'm listening to it now. After the quality of Riot Act and Lost Dogs, I'm pretty hyped for this next album. PJ is one of the few bands I'd love to see have Rolling Stones type longevity.

[quote name='hohez']I miss pearl jam back when every single song wasnt about some political agenda.

god i hate radio.[/QUOTE]

QFT. I much prefer my music to have that "Donny and Marie Osmond" lyrical quality to it.

I better go burn my albums and go out and buy "KIDZ BOP" instead.

I do often amuse myself when thinking about how these poor political-right simpletons lack good political music. The only example I can think of, outside of "Skrewdriver" or other RAC music, is Toby Keith.

I want to start writing right-wing political music.

"Don't let them queers get married or adopt our unwanted offspring...bring it on home, Kenny!" *guitar solo"

"Don't Tax the Top 1% You Pinko Bastards."

"I Got Friends in Low Places."

ad nauseum.

I just scored 2 tickets to their Boston show coming up in May!!!!! I can't wait. I'm going to try to get tickets for the 2 shows in NJ and the one in Philly too when they go on sale. WOO HOO!!!!!

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']So I listened to the song, and I was not impressed. Oh well.[/quote]

I'm sorry. What's it like to not be able to hear? :D

BURN!!!!!!

The new self-titled CD might be the best CD they've ever recorded. The extra time spent refining these songs really shows in the final product. There are at least 11 out of the 13 songs that I could see being singles. I can't wait until it is released on May 2.

Also, Pearl Jam will be playing on SNL this Saturday, April 15. Don't miss it!

I think the best Seattle band is Alice in Chains which by the way are doing a few shows this year with some new dude on vocals. No one can replace Layne but id love to see them live and a new album.

[quote name='javeryh']QFT. Morrissey? Give me a break, no wonder you guys don't like Pearl Jam - you listen to crapola. :D[/quote]

Hmmmm, interesting. Even though my first post said "Thanks OP"

Pretty good album though.

Wow, PJ & Tool on 5-2, plus Les Claypool w/his Fancy Band on 5-30.

May is going to be sweet for music.

I just hope the new PJ will be good. I'll definitely tune into SNL this week.

[quote name='y2jedi']I just hope the new PJ will be good. [/quote]

It is unbelieveably good. "Marker in the Sand" and "Gone" have already cracked my top 10 Pearl Jam songs of all time...

[quote name='javeryh']Zeppelin is the second best band of all time, after Pearl Jam.[/QUOTE]
:shock: :shame: Zeppelin is the most UNDERRATED band of all time. Chew on that!

bread's done
Back