The New Viewsonic X-Series 27'' 1ms - Should I Pre-order?

Ltor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
The worlds first 27'' LCD w/ 1ms Response sounds great but how good would this really be for gaming? Obviously no one can speak from personal experience as this hasn't come out yet but spec wise how does this look? I'm not sure what you want as far as vertical and horizontal refresh rates to prevent ghosting so let me know if this monitors specs would make it the best gaming monitor alive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116441

OR

would the also unreleased VX2250wm-LED Black 21.5" 5ms be a better gaming monitor?
[Link]

Let me know what you think and let me know if you have any advice as to retailers that are selling this that might have a good coupon I could use. A % coupon for newegg or amazon would be so sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear people are saying that the refresh rate is low and as a computer monitor the screen resolution is low. How much of a difference does 4ms make anyhow? Is this monitor more a gimmick then an advancement in technology?

It's hard to tell until it gets released/reviewed. But I personally don't believe people that say they can see motion blur on 5ms (or lower). I cant and I have better then 20/20 vision.

For a 27" monitor the resolution should be a littler higher then that. especially for a computer monitor. I'm not really a fan of Viewsonic products either. Other companies make better/more dependable monitors.

It's not bad for the price, but yeah, res is a little low for that size. It would probably cost a lot more if the res was higher though. I would have to see it in action.

[quote name='hotstud19us']It's hard to tell until it gets released/reviewed. But I personally don't believe people that say they can see motion blur on 5ms (or lower). I cant and I have better then 20/20 vision.
[/QUOTE]

lol its not about how well you can see its about how sensitive your hand eye coordination is. My friend who I played halo 2 with forever couldn't notice the delay on my new Samsung when it was intermediately apparent to me. But that was years ago when tv's had worse delay, i doubt someone could see the difference between a 5ms delay and a 2 but your talking about motion blur thats different and easy to notice especially in halo.

bread's done
Back