The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

I'd like to see a better replay on that offsides, I wasn't 100% sure that the Niners didn't just time that perfectly.

Didn't end up mattering though.

[quote name='Superstar']Time to see what Kaepernick is made of.[/QUOTE]

He's made of a guy who can't read a play clock and cost his team two timeouts in the second half and the Super Bowl.

[quote name='renique46']fitting that ravens end this game with another borderline hold[/QUOTE]

Ehh they were both grabbing at each other. I think it's a good no call.

[quote name='renique46']fitting that ravens end this game with another borderline hold[/QUOTE]

I have seen similar plays on virtually every similar playcall, including by the 49ers tonight. It is like offensive facemask.

[quote name='GamerDude316']pretty bad timeout usage by the 49ers there....[/QUOTE]

That's putting it mildly. That's where Kaepernick's inexperience showed tonight, you absolutely can't waste two timeouts in the second half of a game you're trailing.

[quote name='bvharris']That's putting it mildly. That's where Kaepernick's inexperience showed tonight, you absolutely can't waste two timeouts in the second half of a game you're trailing.[/QUOTE]

This. Maybe with more experience this kid can win the super bowl. Of course, you have to be able to get back to the super bowl in order to win and the NFC looks like it might be a tough conference for years to come.

Happy for Ray to end on a good note. Team got hella lucky to get this far and are fortunate the Niners were still stuck in ATL until the lights went out that allowed them to arrive at the airport

Hey guys with Ravens winning, guess what we get for the next 9 months like we did with Eli when he won a ring,

We get "is Joe Flacco Elite" until next season, hell no he ain't.

[quote name='bvharris']How the hell are the 49ers not ready for that? Amateur hour.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have said it better. Should have been prepared for it.

[quote name='AJVtony831']Ehh they were both grabbing at each other. I think it's a good no call.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was likely a hold on the Ravens but Crabtree was holding too and maybe even pushed off there. I know 49ers fans are gonna keep going back to just that 1 missed call over and over again though.

[quote name='bvharris']That's putting it mildly. That's where Kaepernick's inexperience showed tonight, you absolutely can't waste two timeouts in the second half of a game you're trailing.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The waste of timeouts cost him bigtime.

Wonder how blind people have to be to see that crabtree literally had to push off just to free himself cause the defender was holding him from getting to his spot the entire time wtf?

[quote name='renique46']lmao even holding on a intentional safety not called[/QUOTE]

I don't understand this whole it's a good no call because its the Super Bowl, rules are rules and need to be followed each and every game.

I like the non call. Kaep threw a pop-up 20 yards in the air, he doesn't deserve a flag on that, I don't care if Crabtree's wallet was stolen. Then again, that's Flacco's go-to move, so it would have been a fitting end.

[quote name='Poor2More']I don't understand this whole it's a good no call because its the Super Bowl, rules are rules and need to be followed each and every game.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing, i dont understand why a moment somehow > rules. Like when theres a hailmary in the endzone your almost never gonna see PI called even though you know it happens a lot ( cough cough greenbay/seattle cough cough )

[quote name='bvharris']I like the non call. Kaep threw a pop-up 20 yards in the air, he doesn't deserve a flag on that, I don't care if Crabtree's wallet was stolen. Then again, that's Flacco's go-to move, so it would have been a fitting end.[/QUOTE]

LOL come on now, even though they lost the shitty Texans were getting away with shit like that and more the entire game against New England and you were raging up a storm on the same situations.

[quote name='renique46']Wonder how blind people have to be to see that crabtree literally had to push off just to free himself cause the defender was holding him from getting to his spot the entire time wtf?[/QUOTE]

This. People will see what they want to see.

[quote name='ced']Sigh... let's get this out of our system ASAP... Flacco: HoF-bound? Discuss...[/QUOTE]

Based on what he's accomplished so far? That's laughable. He's only 28 though, so plenty of career left.

I'll say this: He made himself some serious money this postseason.

[quote name='ced']Sigh... let's get this out of our system ASAP... Flacco: HoF-bound? Discuss...[/QUOTE]

Not yet. He's a good quarterback but I don't consider him elite yet and I don't consider him a hall of famer yet. He's young though so still plenty of time left for him in this league.

edit: agree with above regarding him making himself plenty of money with this win and this postseason really. He had a hell of a postseason.

A blowout game turned into a great game.

Although it was probably a hold at the end, I think the refs were letting them play on both sides of the field. You can't just look at that one play at the end because the niners were getting no-calls as well. Also the blackout...wtf? What a momentum changer!

Was rooting for the niners but the ravens looked like they were more hungry to win the superbowl this year.

Denver, New England, and now the 49ers. They were counted out in all 3 games against arguably the best teams in the league and found a way to win each game.

Eli Manning became a better QB after he won a Super Bowl. If Flacco can do the same thing, I'll be impressed, but it really comes down to his consistency. When he plays as well as he did in the postseason (actually hitting receivers rather than just throwing up prayers for flags) he's as good as anyone. If he can put that to practice in the regular season, he can be elite. He's as physically gifted as any QB in the league.

[quote name='ced']Sigh... let's get this out of our system ASAP... Flacco: HoF-bound? Discuss...[/QUOTE]I am a Ravens fan, but no way right now. The only active QBs that are HoFs right now are Brady, Peyton, and Brees. Big Ben and Eli need a few more stat-padding seasons.

bread's done
Back