The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='bvharris']PFT is reporting that Gronk is out for the postseason. Ouch.[/QUOTE]

Man I just don't understand we always have Gronk injured when we need him the most during playoffs. If Patriots win tonight to face Baltimore, The way I look at it is Polard would have injured Gronk anyways, so moot point.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Tough break about Gronk but I'm not that worried.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to worry when they have some players who have been stepping up.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']You don't have to worry when they have some players who have been stepping up.[/QUOTE]

and its not exactly like we havent gone without him for a few games recently.

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']You don't have to worry when they have some players who have been stepping up.[/QUOTE]

They don't need Gronk to be a great offense, but they're even better with him.

[quote name='jlarlee']that hold on wilfork during the 2 point conversion was atrocious[/QUOTE]

They've been doing it all game and it's only been called once, so why not keep doing it?

[quote name='jlarlee']It's funny baltimore played bad in special teams yesterday as well[/QUOTE]

I suspect it will be a focus for both teams this week. It's even funnier since both teams had top-5 ST units by DVOA this year (Baltimore first).

There is no 1A and 1B when it comes to QBs Brady is #1 by himself. Manning just doesn't do it in the playoffs. Proving that he is the modern day Marino. He was lucky to meet an overmatched Bears team in the Super Bowl and got his title.

[quote name='bvharris']Anyone want to place bets on which Patriots player Bernard Pollard injures next week?[/QUOTE]

Belechick gets injured by Pollard, because when that wreckless player is on the field, anything is possible.

I don't even fucking care if we extended his contract this season, Matt Schaub has got to go. He will NOT lead the Texans anywhere and he's one of the least mobile QBs in the game today. Is it sad that I want TJ Yates to start next season?

[quote name='PimpLimp']I don't even fucking care if we extended his contract this season, Matt Schaub has got to go. He will NOT lead the Texans anywhere and he's one of the least mobile QBs in the game today. Is it sad that I want TJ Yates to start next season?[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Eagles wouldn't mind trading you Vick for Schaub in a heartbeat.

[quote name='Poor2More']I'm sure Eagles wouldn't mind trading you Vick for Schaub in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE]Vick's accuracy is god awful, no thank you. Not to mention Yates has actually won a playoff game more recently than Vick. fuck, I'd even be willing to see Case Keenum out there even if it's strictly for Houston fan appeal. No team in the NFL respects Matt Schaub and if the pocket collapses, he's useless. Even when he manages to break out of a collapsing pocket, he still just throws the ball away, like he did multiple times this game.

I am pretty sure the Eagles wouldn't take that trade. Seems like they will stick with Foles. Why would they trade for Shaub? Makes no sense.

original.gif

[quote name='bvharris']Anyone want to place bets on which Patriots player Bernard Pollard injures next week?[/QUOTE]

Edelman's on IR, right? Then it'll be one of the running backs.

Also, the Ravens like the Pats as much as they do the Steelers, which is why those tweets were made.

[quote name='DNukem170']
Also, the Ravens like the Pats as much as they do the Steelers, which is why those tweets were made.[/QUOTE]

Right, I know how inferiority complexes work. ;)

[quote name='jlarlee']There is no 1A and 1B when it comes to QBs Brady is #1 by himself. Manning just doesn't do it in the playoffs. Proving that he is the modern day Marino. He was lucky to meet an overmatched Bears team in the Super Bowl and got his title.[/QUOTE]

No he was lucky the Bears QB was Rex Grossman. If Orton starts that game & Hester still returns the opening kick for TD, Bears win.

wild card: 3-1
division picks: 3-1

My friend and I played the division round playoff games earlier last week in Madden and the outcomes where hella close to the real games.

* Ravens at Broncos: he won with the Ravens in overtime.
* Packers at Niners: it was a close game until the second half when I won big with the Niners.
* Seattle at Falcons: I won with the Falcons with hail mary as time ran out.
* Texans at Patriots: I smashed him with the Patriots. Turned the game off at halftime.

[quote name='Burning Karma']I hate the Pats, but that's hilarious. Love Foster's reaction.[/QUOTE]

LOL same here. Yeah I saw that live and was like WTF is he doing?

I think the announcers said something like he should stop celebrating the turnover and help in the pile.

Late to the party but I'm really glad that Seattle's attempt to ice the kicker led to them losing. It seems like it will go one of two ways.

a. Kicker makes the kick, now has the confidence to do the same motion again and make the kick again.

b. Kicker misses the kick, now knows what adjustments to make to make the kick on his second attempt.

I realize that the pressure was very, very high at the end of that game but these guys are professionals. They train to do basically one thing in life, kick footballs. Why would you give them two chances?

TL;DR - If you ice the kicker, I hate you and hope that you lose.

The whole point of icing the kicker though is to do it before he gets the kick off, just in case you can make him over think a little bit. I've always hated teams that do it without enough time to stop him from kicking the first time, that's stupid for the reasons you list.

Kickers expect it now, so it seems to me like you would get in their heads more by not calling it and leaving them wondering whether you will.

[quote name='Halo05']

I realize that the pressure was very, very high at the end of that game but these guys are professionals. They train to do basically one thing in life, kick footballs. Why would you give them two chances?[/QUOTE]
Grantland had looked at this mutiple times and believe that coaches do it because it is a low risk move. They know it rarely works, but the first kick being a miss happens almost as often, so they basically figure "Why not?"

[quote name='Javery']Alright - who ya got this weekend?

(2) Pats over (4) Ravens
(2) 49ers over (1) Falcons

These teams blow.[/QUOTE]
Same here. Hoping for Ravens and 49ers wins.

bread's done
Back