The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

Ugh, one drive in the Falcons score a touchdown and suddenly they're celebrating every tackle and broken pass on defense. Little early to get that cocky, guys.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ugh, one drive in the Falcons score a touchdown and suddenly they're celebrating every tackle and broken pass on defense. Little early to get that cocky, guys.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine they're pretty pissed about being 4.5 point underdogs in their own building. I'm not surprised they're amped up.

Seems like the Falcons are trying to increase their degree of difficulty by running the ball for zero yards every 1st-and-10. Just throw it until the Niners show they can stop it.

Julio Jones took that security guard OUT lol! Poor guy had his back to the field and didn't even get a chance to get out of the way.

Must be nice to get half your catches off blatant push offs the way Julio Jones is able to.

Nice job Harbaugh waiting till your 17 down to actually take advantage of a shit tier run d when you have Gore+Kaep, are you trying to let this team look better than they really are?

EDIT: LOL dunta gets away with illegal contact then owns himself on the play anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
You have Frank gore gashing the defense for 5-6 yard previous play and you try some shitty slant route on top of a WR not putting 2 hands on the ball? Defense has bailed out Harbaugh about 3 times

oh gee Gore rapes the defense for a TD, is that so fucking hard to call next time Jim?

refs better do their job and rule this incomplete, that ball moved on the ground clear as day

Wow, what an awkward play by Douglas, if he keeps running under it that's a TD. I think that'll be upheld though, the ball does move but it's not clear to me that it ever hit the ground. If it's overturned though, I think the Falcons need to go for it.

[quote name='renique46']Congrats refs its bad enough your not calling these blatant push off on julio now you give this bullshit call to these clowns[/QUOTE]

I think "stands" was the right call there. The ball definitely moved, but I didn't see an angle where it clearly touched the ground while it was.

That shit was clear as day, that ball bobbled on the ground slid downward and he trapped it in his thighs thats not a catch by a longshot

[quote name='renique46']That shit was clear as day, that ball bobbled on the ground slid downward and he trapped it in his thighs thats not a catch by a longshot[/QUOTE]

If his hand was underneath the ball, which it was, it doesn't matter if it moves. It needs to actually touch the ground to be incomplete. It might have grazed the ground, but it certainly wasn't definitive.

[quote name='bvharris']I think "stands" was the right call there. The ball definitely moved, but I didn't see an angle where it clearly touched the ground while it was.[/QUOTE]

It clearly touched the ground, but his hand didn't come off the ball so they didn't overturn it.

Wow, White got mugged by Bowman on that play. I'm fine with the no-call though, make him catch it, especially with all the OPI the Falcons' receivers got away with earlier.

It was a great run for the Falcons. They overcame a huge leap this year and won a play off game.

I am also fine with the no call.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So the team of the 80s, the 49ers, versus the team of the 00s, the Patriots, for the Super Bowl?[/QUOTE]

Here's hoping.

This ending to Atlanta's season was inevitable. Falcons just can't lock things up in the second half.

[quote name='ced']This ending to Atlanta's season was inevitable. Falcons just can't lock things up in the second half.[/QUOTE]

I bet they are going to be spending their draft pick on a safety or cb... hell someone who can cover or tackle!

[quote name='sying']I bet they are going to be spending their draft pick on a safety or cb... hell someone who can cover or tackle![/QUOTE]

I think their biggest issue is the lack of a consistent pass rush. Even the best defensive backs in the world can't cover forever. I'm a big believe that building a successful defense starts up front.

Edit: That said, I don't think Kaepernick threw to a single covered receiver all game once he got going. The ATL secondary was indeed abysmal.

That was a really good football game. After that reviewed play, I thought Atlanta was going to win. What an awful, AWFUL call.

Good job 49ers, you were the better team today.

God I can't stop watching this Harbaugh meltdown:
VHekM2
HarbaughReacts.gif

VHekM2

That was a good throw by Brady, and Welker should have caught it, but I'm not thrilled with throwing it 30 yards into the wind on 3rd-and-2.

bread's done
Back