The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='Superstar']Out of bounds :([/QUOTE]Still time left and they've got one more shot.

EDIT: And they still somehow have a second left lol.

[quote name='PimpLimp']Still time left and they've got one more shot.[/QUOTE]

True. Getting these is nearly impossible though.

[quote name='Superstar']Man - Dez has messed up A LOT this season, but I have to give it up to him for that effort.[/QUOTE]Yup, the game was looking like a stinker at first but the Cowboys didn't let themselves get embarrassed. Sad part is, if Dez doesn't put his hand down to brace himself after the catch, Cowboys probably win lol.

lol @ corey webster biting on a double move when you know they need a td to score, he needs to thank his lucky stars that dez stuck his hand out to brace the fall otherwise that's a sure td.

nHmC1CAE3EGHhl1UhQYA8Q2.gif

Dear Chargers,

I'm very happy that you won yesterday but you still need to fire everyone from Norv Turner on up before next season starts.

Love,
Halo05

Titans making the Bears look like a Super Bowl team. I really, really hate Matt Hasselbeck. With Locker being hurt, it really doesn't matter, but with Hasselbeck under center, the offense plays like a 38 year old. There's no fire, no spark. Just ho hum every single drive. 3rd and 12? 2 yard WR screen! Then on the next possession, he throws a pick 6. Sometimes I question Munchak...but I really think Hasselbeck just makes terrible reads a lot of times. Oh well, at least I got to turn the game off before the half. Saves me some time. :)

It's becoming more obvious each game how much of an impact Ray Lewis had on the entire Ravens team. They look absolutely dead without him, even against the Browns.

I like the way that the Browns' defense has stepped up to shut down the Ravens' offense in the second half by first stopping the run on first down to force Flacco to beat them with passes, which aren't connecting either. Six rushes for two yards and Flacco's 2/7 for 10 yards in the second half.

That Gordon TD being called back sucked, but the FG still puts them ahead.

Colts are looking pretty smart now for drafting Luck and starting him day 1. 5-3 on the year now, and he passed for a rookie record 433 yards today.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Colts are looking pretty smart now for drafting Luck and starting him day 1. 5-3 on the year now, and he passed for a rookie record 433 yards today.[/QUOTE]

And I left him on my bench in favor of RGIII. I'm a dummy.

LOL

Cruz gets drilled in the chest = unsportsmanlike conduct blow to the head

Arm goes forward with ball still in hand thrown to the ground = fumble

All of this against the Steelers no less, the irony in that one LOL

replacement refs would be proud :roll:

[quote name='renique46']LOL

replacement refs would be proud :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yep. This is the first Steelers game that has been on TV that I just turned off. The only call that could have gone either way was that first pass interference, everything on that drive after that and then the Steelers drive was crap.

In regards to that fumble call on Ben - that was the right call. He lost control before he threw the ball.

[quote name='renique46']LOL

All of this against the Steelers no less, the irony in that one LOL

replacement refs would be proud :roll:[/QUOTE]

That play on Cruz was absolutely terrible...the fumble play I was stunned at first but after seeing it a few times I think it was actually legit as Superstar said.

I hate both teams so this was fun to watch, but I must say it was great seeing Eli lose :D

Well, what do ya know? Jake Locker comes back and the Titans all of a sudden look like a team with some spark again. If he can stay healthy, I expect a much better second half of the year. Even Chris Johnson looks like a new man without lame ass, one dimensional Matt Hasselbeck in front of him.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well, what do ya know? Jake Locker comes back and the Titans all of a sudden look like a team with some spark again. If he can stay healthy, I expect a much better second half of the year. Even Chris Johnson looks like a new man without lame ass, one dimensional Matt Hasselbeck in front of him.[/QUOTE]

Not a Titans fan, but I do like Jake Locker. Good to hear that his return isn't going horribly wrong so far.

With the Falcons loss, there are no longer any undefeated teams in the NFL.

[quote name='Superstar']Big came coming up for the Cowboys. Just as big for the Eagles as well.[/QUOTE]Eagles O-Line sucks and Demarcus Ware will FEAST on Michael Vick.

Looking forward to tonight's game the most though. Regardless of who wins, Texans vs. Bears is going to be a good game.

Aaaand Vick has a concussion.

Alex Smith just got taken out of the 49ers game too with a head to head collision.

I'm just hearing Benny hill theme playing constantly every snap.

How in the world 2 overrated teams sitting at 3-5 are Americas game of the week is beyond me. Then again its not like there's much of a choice right now.

Also props to the refs in the 49ers game taking a full minute off the clock for a measurement then saying oops my bad and not giving the time back rotf :applause:.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']It's the second half of the season, and the Giants collapse has started! WOOOOO![/QUOTE]

LOL. I'll gladly collapse into another Super Bowl win. It's not like they are sitting on this or anything.

EaglesSuperBowlTrophyCase.jpg

3rd and 15? run the ball!

As if eagles couldn't tackle for shit wasn't enough i also love the 6 holds that going on during that awful romo scramble, talk about double whammy.

EDIT: wow i know eagles are bad but this shit doesn't need to have ref help added to it. The whole stadium saw that block in the back during the kickoff return

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Javery']LOL. I'll gladly collapse into another Super Bowl win. It's not like they are sitting on this or anything.

EaglesSuperBowlTrophyCase.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How refreshing, yet another humble NY sports fan...

I'd like to give a hardy WTF to the 49ers for not being able to definitively put the 3-5 Rams in their place.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']How refreshing, yet another humble NY sports fan...[/QUOTE]

Honestly, what is the point of being a sports fan if you can't talk some shit (as long as you can take it as well)? I can't think of one other reason because 99% of the time sports make me miserable.

[quote name='Javery']Honestly, what is the point of being a sports fan if you can't talk some shit (as long as you can take it as well)? I can't think of one other reason because 99% of the time sports make me miserable.[/QUOTE]

Who said I wasn't talking shit too? It's the go-to comeback for any Boston or NY fan.

bread's done
Back