The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Who said I wasn't talking shit too? It's the go-to comeback for any Boston or NY fan.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm just used to people talking shit about my team most of the time. I generally ignore comments about New Yorkers from non-New Yorkers. It's hard to take something seriously coming from outside of the center of the universe. :D

Cutler out, Campbell in for the second half. Cutler suffered a concussion.

This was the poor game I was afraid the Bears would play tonight. On prime time against a strong defense. Yikes, 4 turnovers so far.

Lmao left thinking the 49ers had the auto win with good field position come back to find it ended in a tie cause Akers pulled a Suisham/Cundit.

what a weird Sunday. Pats barely escape with the win against Buffalo, Akers misses that kick against the Rams, Falcons go down to the Saints, Giants got routed by the Bengals :)D) and now this Bears-Texans game. Oye.

I'm drunk as shit and soooooo glad my Texans won. It was an awesome game even down till the last minute. The difference maker in this game was the former Bear, Danieal Manning. They didn't want to pay him, the Texans did, and he made the Bears pay in the long run.

EDIT:

Even Urlacher had to give Manning some props:
original.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Cap'n_RDM;10143238 said:
The Giants truly baffle me more than any team ever has.

This is par for the course over the 30+ years I've been watching them. They lose when they are supposed to win and win when they are supposed to lose. The rest of their schedule is pretty tough so I expect them to win them all except against the Eagles and Redskins, who they should beat.

As a Packer fan I am quite happy. Every team in front of the Packers lost or tied yesterday.

Atlanta-L
Bears-L
San Francisco -T
New York Giants-L

I always root against NFC teams other than the Giants and I was happy the Bears, Falcons and 49ers (sort of) lost last night for no real reason other than every loss helps.

Ties are weird. It's like I'm glad the Niners didn't lose since the rams had the game going their way. 425+ yards on offense, fake punts and those two overtime plays called back but the Niners should have won. These teams play again in 3 weeks. And Monday Night Football next week might be Kaepernick vs Cambell.

[quote name='packerfan10']As a Packer fan I am quite happy. Every team in front of the Packers lost or tied yesterday.

Atlanta-L
Bears-L
San Francisco -T
New York Giants-L[/QUOTE]

Yep, the Bears just put the Packers in control of their own destiny again. If they win out they take the division based on the tie-breaker (Both would be 13-3 but the Pack would be 2-0 against us).

Not a good thing handing Discount Doublecheck the keys to the division. That's a pretty huge IF as well. Bears schedule is back loaded.

[quote name='DT778']Ties are weird. It's like I'm glad the Niners didn't lose since the rams had the game going their way. 425+ yards on offense, fake punts and those two overtime plays called back but the Niners should have won. These teams play again in 3 weeks. And Monday Night Football next week might be Kaepernick vs Cambell.[/QUOTE]

More like Alex Smith VS Cambell, Cutler's hit looked way worst. I'm glad kaepernick was able to have a decent game, great back up.

LOL @ steelers needing help to put away the chiefs

Ryan Succop said not today. I hope this goes to a tie i would lol so hard.

never mind forgot who the QB was for KC my bad.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Chiefs just need to start tanking to get Matt Barkley.[/QUOTE]

Doubt they have to tank games. They're bad enough as it is. I don't think Barkley will be the 1st pick and is more of a mid 1st rounder at the highest in my opinion based on what he's done this season.

Some news on questionable starting QBs this week:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/roethlisberger-sprained-shoulder-172547368--nfl.html

Ben Roethlisberger has a sprained shoulder and may be out for the next game, which would give Byron Leftwich the nod to start.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/bears-sign-veteran-quarterback-mccown-183404378--nfl.html

And the Bears signed Josh McCown to be the backup in case Jay Cutler can't play this week, which seems like a bad move since he's terrible.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eagles-qb-vick-pretty-significant-174701289--nfl.html

Vick has a "pretty significant' concussion, which means that Nick Foles will likely make his NFL debut this week.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alex-smith-threw-td-pass-210026887--nfl.html

Alex Smith had blurred vision when he threw the TD pass before being taken out.

Big Ben will play - he always does. He will be all like, "Waaa - I don't know if I can go on Sunday because of my shoulder. I can't even move it!" and then on Sunday he will be like, "Put me in coach!" and he will go 9-18 with 123 yards a TD and 2 picks, the Steelers will win 10-6 and everyone will be saying how "gutsy" he is. Eff you Roethlisberger, you douche.

Vick won't play again this season unless something happens to Foles.

[quote name='Halo05']I love/hate how upset sports announcers get when someone runs onto the field.

It's a fucking game, have some fun.[/QUOTE]
Because of shit like this:
September 19, 2002: Kansas City Royals First base coach Tom Gamboa was attacked on the field by two fans, William Ligue, Jr.. and son, during a game against the White Sox. The father and son, highly intoxicated, ran onto the field unprovoked, tackled Gamboa, and threw several punches before being restrained by players and security. Ligue, Jr.. was later found to have been possessing a knife. Gamboa suffered permanent hearing loss as a result of the attack.
They deserve to be knocked out by the players for being stupid enough to run onto the field with the big boys.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They deserve to be knocked out by the players for being stupid enough to run onto the field with the big boys.[/QUOTE]I completely agree with this statement. The NFL doesn't play that shit. I also don't think anybody is dumb enough to actually do it in the NFL. Each NFL team has a game day roster of 45 players. So that's basically you vs. 90 NFL players.

I could also see the NFL not only banning someone from the stadium if they did this, but even banning them from all future NFL events. Just not worth it at all in the long run.

I believe in the pro-wrestling rule on fan interference: if it looks like a threat, take it out and carry on ASAP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They deserve to be knocked out by the players for being stupid enough to run onto the field with the big boys.[/QUOTE]

Yes! They should show the guy getting knocked out on TV though.

[quote name='Javery']Big Ben will play - he always does. He will be all like, "Waaa - I don't know if I can go on Sunday because of my shoulder. I can't even move it!" and then on Sunday he will be like, "Put me in coach!" and he will go 9-18 with 123 yards a TD and 2 picks, the Steelers will win 10-6 and everyone will be saying how "gutsy" he is. Eff you Roethlisberger, you douche.

Vick won't play again this season unless something happens to Foles.[/QUOTE]Yeah, coaches don't really talk about injuries but Reid is out there telling everybody that Vick had a significant concussion. Letting everyone know now that he won't play.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I completely agree with this statement. The NFL doesn't play that shit. I also don't think anybody is dumb enough to actually do it in the NFL. Each NFL team has a game day roster of 45 players. So that's basically you vs. 90 NFL players.

I could also see the NFL not only banning someone from the stadium if they did this, but even banning them from all future NFL events. Just not worth it at all in the long run.[/QUOTE]Would that even work? IDs aren't checked when you go into a game.

They ban drunk people from stadiums until they complete their little course so fans that run on the field have to get banned. I am sure they use facial recognition software to catch these gguys as they enter the stadium.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']They ban drunk people from stadiums until they complete their little course so fans that run on the field have to get banned. I am sure they use facial recognition software to catch these gguys as they enter the stadium.[/QUOTE]

They ban drunk fans? I've been hammered every time I've stepped in MetLife/Giants stadium.

A quick google search tells me they don't really enforce it.

How are such bans enforced? They're not. Stadium security personnel are tight-lipped about their procedures, but people in the industry say that little is done to prevent banned spectators from entering U.S. arenas. Some teams may stop rule-breakers from buying tickets online, but that wouldn’t interfere with their acquiring tickets through friends or scalpers and entering the stadium anonymously. A "lifetime ban" simply makes it easier to prosecute a repeat offender. The team wouldn’t have to prove that the suspect instigated a fight or threw something on the field, because his mere presence in the stadium would constitute trespassing.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._prevent_rule_breakers_from_coming_back_.html

[quote name='PimpLimp']I completely agree with this statement. The NFL doesn't play that shit. I also don't think anybody is dumb enough to actually do it in the NFL. Each NFL team has a game day roster of 45 players. So that's basically you vs. 90 NFL players.

I could also see the NFL not only banning someone from the stadium if they did this, but even banning them from all future NFL events. Just not worth it at all in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Somebody was (years ago), here is the outcome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3xNSiRTDc

Roethlisberger is officially out for the Ravens game as he also has a rib injury, which is apparently very serious in that doctors think it could lead to a fatal injury if he plays with it:

All Roethlisberger knows for certain is that doctors are concerned the rib -- which he injured while getting sacked by a pair of Kansas City linebackers in the third quarter on Monday -- could puncture his aorta if jostled around.

The article even goes on to talk about the idea that these injuries may keep him out for the rest of the season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...gh-steelers-says-dislocated-rib-biggest-worry

[quote name='pitfallharry219']The Chiefs just need to start tanking to get Matt Barkley.[/QUOTE]

They are in a battle against my Baguars..... err Jaguars. I for one don't like Barkey OR Smith. I'd take an interest in Bray maybe in later rounds. Both the Jags and the Chiefs have so many holes I can see both trying to trade down in the 2013 draft.

Olgetree getting sandwiched when the defender didnt even launch into him = penalty

k.

And people need to upgrade their shitty tvs if they even think cribbs didnt get horsecollar'd before having his hair grabbed, you can see the jersey getting scrunched from a grab and tug ffs.

This Texans/Jaguars game has been fucking frustrating to watch all game. I have to give credit where credit is due though, Justin Blackmon is a BEAST!

EDIT: And then Schaub throws a interception in OT, fuck!!!!!

EDIT: ANDRE JOHNSON FOR THE TD!!!!!!

[quote name='renique46']Holy shit @ the Texans/Badguars game[/QUOTE]Over 500 receiving yards between Johnson and Blackmon alone.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm a cowboys fan and I agree that wasn't a penalty against olgetree[/QUOTE]

He launched himself and there was helmet to helmet contact.

On the Cribbs play the front of the jersey was grabbed and not the back. Front of jersey and hair isn't a horse collar tackle.

Some blind homerism to even think that was anything illegal. that was a bang bang play as blatant as they come. shoulder initially smacked him clear in the chest. Would love some of what your smoking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3astzzB1zZs

lmao would love to know where the "launch" came from. Dont know wtf people expect defenders to do in that situation, let them just catch the ball and run 5 yard before making contact?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no launching other than Ogletree leaning to catch the ball as TJ Ward runs to make the tackle/disrupt the play and you get shoulder/shoulder or shoulder/helmet contact at best. It's a nasty collision, but I still don't see what was worthy of a penalty after several replays.

The problem is Romo threw it to the wrong shoulder. Had he put the ball where the route was going, you wouldn't have a hit like that, as most likely, Ogletree would have just been forced out of bounds. It's the same thing as throwing the ball behind your receiver coming across the middle. That hit is Romo's fault. Not Ward's. If anything, they should have called a penalty on Romo for being a douche, lol.

Awesome week for my Broncos. The division is all but locked now, Manning prolly earned his 5th MVP after his performance tonight and Matt Ryan's 5 (yes, FIVE) ints, and Von puts himself in serious contention for DPOY.

[quote name='RealDeals']Awesome week for my Broncos. The division is all but locked now, Manning prolly earned his 5th MVP after his performance tonight and Matt Ryan's 5 (yes, FIVE) ints, and Von puts himself in serious contention for DPOY.[/QUOTE]I'd say Peyton is a close second. Cause barring anything drastic, Adrian Peterson is walking away with the MVP this year. The way he's recovered from his ACL tear is nothing short of superhuman.

And that DPOY award is J.J. Watt's this year my friend :D With the second in that race being Charles "Peanut" Tillman.

Don't know what Tomlin was thinking letting Leftwich continuing to play while clearly hurt. I mean Batch is serviceable.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I'd say Peyton is a close second. Cause barring anything drastic, Adrian Peterson is walking away with the MVP this year. The way he's recovered from his ACL tear is nothing short of superhuman.

And that DPOY award is J.J. Watt's this year my friend :D With the second in that race being Charles "Peanut" Tillman.[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree AP is being criminally underrated this year, but remember Peyton is coming off of TWO debilitating neck surgeries where he could barely throw a few weeks before the season. He's been ridiculously good the last half of the season. I don't think the Vikes will have the record at the end of the year for A.P. to take home the MVP.

I definitely agree that right now, Watt is still the front-runnter, but I think Von is 2nd and has a chance to close in. (4 sacks, 3 FF and plenty of tackles to boot the last 2 weeks) To be honest, Watt has quieted a little since that amazing first couple games but is still having a phenomenal year.

bread's done
Back