The NHL 2007 Playoffs Thread - 2007 Stanley Cup Champions: Anaheim Ducks

gladly... although yeah, I didn't say that. If Buffalo is gonna choke then they might as well play as long as possible. I'm still laughing, only I changed who I'm laughing at.

edit: God damn Cansucks... I guess the consolation is that I like Selanne's new face. lol

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! YESSSSSS!!!!!!!! Finally! Now, carry the momentum into the OT!!!![/quote]

well, i think its safe to say that whoever wins this game is going to win the series. if san jose wins they are up 3-1 and detroit goes home with no momentum... but if detoit wins they tie it up and go home with tons of momentum... i need another beer...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh that is huge, now to take that momentum back home and win game 5 to finally take the series lead :D

im so fuckin mad at rivet what a shitty penalty to take. well either way were still going to take the series. now were just gonna win it at home in game 6 instead of on the road in game 5.

Holy hell after Detroit scored in regulation I changed the channel to the Suns-Lakers game to see if they were coming back. Then I forgot to change it back to the hockey game and of course when I remembered the game was over. damnit.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im so fuckin mad at rivet what a shitty penalty to take. well either way were still going to take the series. now were just gonna win it at home in game 6 instead of on the road in game 5.[/quote]

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']well, i think its safe to say that whoever wins this game is going to win the series. if san jose wins they are up 3-1 and detroit goes home with no momentum... but if detoit wins they tie it up and go home with tons of momentum... i need another beer...[/quote]

You're contradicting yourself now! Admit it, for the first time all series Detroit has the momentum. Just in time for game 5 too, perfect :D

Wings really came back great tonight. Hope they can come out with some real energy early Saturday. They said Homer went to the locker room halfway through OT. Lets hope its not serious. That guy is a one of a kind.

Yeah yeah... fine, I'll eat my words but for the Sharts there's no such thing as choking. It's more of getting a gun and shooting themselves in the foot.
1rolleyes3ho.gif

Oh and you can thank the refs for deciding that game too. Rules are rules sure but that doesn't mean they are stupid ones.

Edit: Oh, an great job Sens!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']You're contradicting yourself now! Admit it, for the first time all series Detroit has the momentum. Just in time for game 5 too, perfect :D[/quote]

contradiction or not i gotta root for the home team (unlike some other people on the board) i stand by my game 6 prediction

You mean Wings and Ducks, San Jose is toast after giving away game 4.

Detroit won't lose at home twice, bring on Anaheim, so Detroit can complete the revenge tour.

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']And then hopefully, wail on the Senators in the Cup.[/quote]

or the Rangers :D

Seriously, that'd be great, we end up beating Shanahan to win the cup again!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']or the Rangers :D

Seriously, that'd be great, we end up beating Shanahan to win the cup again![/quote]

ok, thatd be kinda funny. but the sharks are gonna come back hard in game 5. hopefully wilson puts pavelski back in, the 2 games he took him out of the lineup (once for smith once for bell) we lost.

the only downside is, if the sharks win, itll just be me and vip left in the thread, and nobody wants that.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA'] and nobody wants that.[/quote]
lol, speak for yourself. Good riddance! j/k... seriously, with my luck this week things will go their way...
1rolleyes3ho.gif

No matter what happens... I don't want those fucking Ducks to win it all... even if that means those shitty ass Sabres will take it all.

[quote name='VipFREAK']No matter what happens... I don't want those fucking Ducks to win it all... even if that means those shitty ass Sabres will take it all.[/quote]

He doesn't mention the Wings in either spot :whistle2:s

The Ducks are supposedly the team to beat right now, but in all honesty, Vancouver was able to push them into overtime twice, and Anaheim won the final 3 games by a goal each. How does that happen? Plus that last goal was some bullshit, a total mental lapse by Loungo, and a very unfortunate way for Vancouver's season to end.

I should hope the Ducks don't win another 4 games.

Should be a great series no matter who goes up against Anaheim. I'm pulling for the Sharks, but losing that fourth game after being 33 seconds away from taking it was brutal. They've blown a 2 goal lead against the Wings twice now.

In the east, anyone but the Devils, please.

[quote name='megashock5']losing that fourth game after being 33 seconds away from taking it was brutal. They've blown a 2 goal lead against the Wings twice now.[/quote]

Part of it was Detroit being "desperate" according to the commentators on the radio but when the Sharts get into their old habits other teams don't have to be so desperate... :roll:

[quote name='VipFREAK']Part of it was Detroit being "desperate" according to the commentators on the radio but when the Sharts get into their old habits other teams don't have to be so desperate... :roll:[/quote]
could you just change your avatar already and stop posting. i mean fuck, i get soooo annoyed everytime i read a comment when you refer to the "sharts" as you love to call them, or rip on them when the lose because of a small mistake. fuck man, it happens teams score on a 6-5, it happens all the time in the league, especially with a team as potent as detroit. yeah is sucks rivet had a delay of game but the puck took a bad bounce as he tried to clear it. if youre really a fan you wouldnt have those snide comments all the time about your supposed team. this whole time youve been rooting for the senetors more than the sharks, as far as i can tell the only reason you "like" the sharks is because youre in the bay area and your dad has season tickets. well maybe you should pack your shit up and move to ottawa or some other cold city in the east (not you detroit fans, you're in the western conference ;)) ... fuck. nothing annoys me more than fans who roll their eyes when their (supposed) team loses, yeah it sucks but the series is still tied, the sharks have still have beaten the wings more times this season and you move on and look forward to the next game. i dont talk about how the sharks sure blew that one and they are going back to their "old habits" (which by the way have been 3 consecutive 40+ win season 107, 99, 104 points respectively with an mvp and rocket richard trophey winner along with the best drafts in the league (about 70% of the team are from drafts the last few years, thats how you build a team) a great gm and coach and not one, but two stellar goaltenders) so by all means i would be more than happy if next year the sharks can revert to their "old habits" because ya know what, thatd mean another great offseason of aquisitions, another run at the pacific crown and then the stanley cup. so either root for the sharks or dont, but dont come here with your cynical attitude and sell short YOUR san jose sharks.

/end

Indeed, Ramstoria, indeed. I haven’t seen the Wings do anything that tells me they’ve suddenly become too good for the Sharks to beat. First seed or not, I think the Sharks were the favored team going into this series (everything I read and every commentator I heard was predicting victory for the Sharks) and with good reason. The Sharks still have complete control over this series. It might sound dumb, but as far as I’m concerned, the Wings can’t beat the Sharks; the Sharks can only screw up enough to let the Wings win. I mean by that, the Sharks are the better team, but they’re young and inconsistent. However, I think they’ve shown over and over again this season that they can come through in a pinch, and I’m looking forward to the Finals. The best games I watched this season were the San Jose-Anaheim games, and I’m looking forward to 4-7 incredibly exciting games. It may take us seven games, but I don’t think home ice is gonna save the Red Wings. I guess we'll all know on Monday or Wednesday.

I've never seen a team so consistently pull games out of their a$$ at the last minute. Its amazing. Lets try to finish this in 6 now.

p.s. if they don't lock up Drury for at least 3 years after the season (no matter what the cost), they're nuts.

I can not believe how fucking lucking Buffalo got. Anyways this has been one of my favorite series to watch. But I am pulling for the Rangers as I love the under dogs :)

[quote name='Prepster']I can not believe how fucking lucking Buffalo got. Anyways this has been one of my favorite series to watch. But I am pulling for the Rangers as I love the under dogs :)[/QUOTE]

I love Jagr... I mean the Rangers to, but you gota understand the Rangers were outshot 40-23 that game. But yeah it sucks to go up 1-0, give up a goal then lose it in OT when the game was scoreless over 2 1/2 periods. The Rangers still have two games left but they are gonna be rough.

this has by far been the worst called game ive seen in the playoffs, i cant believe how many power plays they are GIVING the red wings, im so furious at the refs. fucking ridiculous.

[quote name='VipFREAK']Actually, that was a good idea... thanks. :)[/quote]
if i could roll my eyes any further, i would :roll:

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']this has by far been the worst called game ive seen in the playoffs, i cant believe how many power plays they are GIVING the red wings, im so furious at the refs. fucking ridiculous.

if i could roll my eyes any further, i would :roll:[/QUOTE]

ovnt.gif

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Goddamn your PBP guy sucks :lol:[/QUOTE]
I think those two dorks before good old Rick Jeanerret are the MSG studio dudes... they & any VS commentators blow... but I know you aren't talking about RJ - he's a legend.

[quote name='MadChedar0']I think those two dorks before good old Rick Jeanerret are the MSG studio dudes... they & any VS commentators blow... but I know you aren't talking about RJ - he's a legend.[/quote]

The one who called Drury/Maxims goals. He was REALLY annoying.

bread's done
Back