The NHL 2007 Playoffs Thread - 2007 Stanley Cup Champions: Anaheim Ducks

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Don't worry though the Shock will save us
behead.gif
[/QUOTE]
Don't we have some kind of women's arena football team that does well? I seem to remember having read about something like that in the Free Press last year.

On a completely unrelated note, I miss the Vipers.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Don't we have some kind of women's arena football team that does well? I seem to remember having read about something like that in the Free Press last year.

On a completely unrelated note, I miss the Vipers.[/quote]

Ya man, the Vipers were always good. The Whalers play right here in town, so that's a minor plus. I have no idea about arena football though, thanks to the Lions I've become almost completely uninterested in football alltogether.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ya man, the Vipers were always good. The Whalers play right here in town, so that's a minor plus. I have no idea about arena football though, thanks to the Lions I've become almost completely uninterested in football alltogether.[/QUOTE]
I'm lucky - since I go to UofM, I can forget about the NFL entirely and watch a team that can actually win (most of the time, at least). :)

I've never once seen a good Lions team during my lifetime. The other big three have all had great seasons, but the Lions? I've still got decades ahead of me, but I'm not expecting much...

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Ya man, the Vipers were always good. The Whalers play right here in town, so that's a minor plus. I have no idea about arena football though, thanks to the Lions I've become almost completely uninterested in football alltogether.[/quote]

I went to a Whalers game around maybe...10 years ago? Had some fun.

Well the Wings gave me another very entertaining season of hockey. I actually didn't expect them to go this far when the season began. Night in and out during the season they almost always gave me a hell of a show. Damn I love watching hockey!!!

Really thought they had a chance to beat the Ducks even into the last minute of game six. Oh well it was a great year for the young players especially.

I'm offically throwing my support behind the Sens. I'd like to see a Canadian team take it all this year. Especially the Sens who play a fun offensive style of hockey.

Plus the Ducks have to deal with the curse now that they have beaten Detroit.

So... none of you think Hasek shouldn't have come out of retirement? Although to be honest I don't know who would have done better for the Wings if he weren't there.

Anyway... way to blow it. Was at a friend's house watched about 10min. and then proceeded to turn on NHL 07...

And with that. Go Sens! Rip some fucking duck's heads off! fuck em up! :starts Dope - Die Motherfucker Die:
headbang.gif
headphones8sf.gif
headbang8ty.gif
mad.gif

well, either way i was going to root for the sens, i suppose id rather have the ducks have their hopes crushed in the finals again... i fucking hate the ducks. lets go sharks. yeah thats right, im rooting for next season already, after we deal one of our goalies you guys better watch out. time to make the NHL 07-08 regular season thread.

I'd so love to get right back into hockey... it never comes fast enough yet all the other sorry ass sports like basketball or baseball seem to be year around. It really bites... Football bites too but luckily it seems short.

It's tough to choose who to root for now, since I wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian team win, but they have a murderer in Heatley, fuck-tard in Neil and they're French Canadian, the evil kind of Canadian. But I just can't seem to care about the Ducks (but props for Niedermeyers). Ah well, Sens it is. At least they got rid of Chara.

Oh, and Sabres 06-07 cup dreams R.I.P.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']I'm lucky - since I go to UofM, I can forget about the NFL entirely and watch a team that can actually win (most of the time, at least). :)

I've never once seen a good Lions team during my lifetime. The other big three have all had great seasons, but the Lions? I've still got decades ahead of me, but I'm not expecting much...[/quote]

When I was a wee lad, I remember seeing a good Lions team with Barry Sanders beat Dallas before losing to the eventual Super Bowl Champion Redskins... 40-3 or so. They were undefeated in dome games that year though, and I remember had they upset Washington the next game would be in the Georgia Dome and the Super Bowl was in a dome that year too. Was not to be though, cuz it's the Lions!

In other news, I've finally had enough and had to ignore VIP. I'm probably the last person to do so :lol:

[quote name='VipFREAK']So... none of you think Hasek shouldn't have come out of retirement? Although to be honest I don't know who would have done better for the Wings if he weren't there.

[/QUOTE]

Hasek KEPT Detroit in the series....he was the only one who played decent. He made so many outstanding saves throughout the series. Detroit just did not look hungry until the 3rd period, where it was just too late. Anahiem stole the series basically....Detroit had some bonehead plays, which cost them the series. Franzen killing a powerplay in the last minute of game 5, the Lilja just giving it to Selanne. What a mess.

[quote name='evanft']What a fucking joke. The Wings should have been able to finish the series in 5.[/quote]

Hence the frustration. When you out-play a team you're supposed to win.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']When I was a wee lad, I remember seeing a good Lions team with Barry Sanders beat Dallas before losing to the eventual Super Bowl Champion Redskins... 40-3 or so. They were undefeated in dome games that year though, and I remember had they upset Washington the next game would be in the Georgia Dome and the Super Bowl was in a dome that year too. Was not to be though, cuz it's the Lions!

In other news, I've finally had enough and had to ignore VIP. I'm probably the last person to do so :lol:[/QUOTE]

Please never discuss lions football this close to real sports discussion again.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Hence the frustration. When you out-play a team you're supposed to win.[/quote]

This will disappear as their young stars gain experience. They really could have taken this series if they didn't loose focus in the third period and overtime. Its going to be strange watching a Senators vs. Ducks final. I was a hockey fan before any of those franchises were in the modern NHL and now they are going to play for the Stanley Cup.

[quote name='MadFlava']This will disappear as their young stars gain experience. They really could have taken this series if they didn't loose focus in the third period and overtime. Its going to be strange watching a Senators vs. Ducks final. I was a hockey fan before any of those franchises were in the modern NHL and now they are going to play for the Stanley Cup.[/quote]

Nothing is strange to me in hockey anymore. Not after Tampa Bay won the cup.

[quote name='MadFlava']This will disappear as their young stars gain experience.[/QUOTE]
I sure hope so...Datsyuk and Zetterberg are already amazing players, but the fact that they can't fucking score on the road kind of sours me on them a bit. :bomb:

I know that they're going to keep developing and keep getting better and better as time goes on, but that doesn't change the frustration we've got to deal with now.

boy, its official, nobody likes the ducks. not a single comment about their victory last night.

actually, this is a big big problem for the NHL, the league is self is very regional. not many people care about the stanley cup outside of anaheim or ottawa. compared to say, the super bowl, which is the biggest event in television. i dont care for indy or chicago, but there were 25 people at my house watching the game. game 2 of the stanely cup, my gf and i watched reruns of law and order and flipped to the game occasionally. i have no idea what the league can do to generate interest when even fans arent tuning in.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']boy, its official, nobody likes the ducks. not a single comment about their victory last night.

actually, this is a big big problem for the NHL, the league is self is very regional. not many people care about the stanley cup outside of anaheim or ottawa. compared to say, the super bowl, which is the biggest event in television. i dont care for indy or chicago, but there were 25 people at my house watching the game. game 2 of the stanely cup, my gf and i watched reruns of law and order and flipped to the game occasionally. i have no idea what the league can do to generate interest when even fans arent tuning in.[/quote]They can't generate interest when they have no TV contract. Even as a huge Red Wings fan, I had to pretty much give up on caring because I couldn't watch it. VS and TSN do not cut it on a national level.

Screw Anaheim, they're gonna be one of the luckiest champions ever. How many lucky bounces and calls from the refs can you get?

Anaheim will probably set a play-off record for 1 goal victories.

11 of the Ducks 14 play-off wins have come by a single goal. One of the three remaining victories was by 2 goals, but the final goal was an empty-net goal.

Luckiest. Team. Ever.

[quote name='botticus']They can't generate interest when they have no TV contract. Even as a huge Red Wings fan, I had to pretty much give up on caring because I couldn't watch it. VS and TSN do not cut it on a national level.[/quote]

they cant get a tv contract because they dont get the ratings. thats why espn dropped them. NBC only picked up games 3-7 of the cup finals.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The Senators will step up their game hopefully and at the very least make this a 7 game series. Those are the best.[/QUOTE]

That's my hope as well. I don't have a problem with either team, and I like both Giggy and Emery. I just want a good series.

[quote name='VipFREAK']But but... he's tall, what gives?[/QUOTE]

It would have been a different story if he didn't stick his elbow out at the last second. I'm all for a good hard shoulder check especially if a guy is going to admire his own passes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QphT0Wg9-58[/media]

What a crazy game, with the whole jersey thing and Anaheim lining up four skaters for an even-strength face-off. Highly entertaining.

It's all they do. They're the worst Stanley Cup Champions ever. Barring a miracle 3 game run by Ottawa.

Makes me so mad too, Detroit should've beat Anaheim and it looks like Ottawa wasn't that good afterall.

I'll preface this by saying I'm not really a hockey fan, though I do like the Avs and the Ducks (back when they had Selanne and Kariya): What makes them "lucky" by winning games by only one goal each time? Can't it be seen as just there being great parity between the teams? They went into a game missing their best player on the road and came away with the win.

Thanks in advance for the explanation. (BTW, what's the news on the rating for NHL on NBC the past few games?)

*gasp* I'm not surprised they won, especially with how lucky they've gotten.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'll preface this by saying I'm not really a hockey fan, though I do like the Avs and the Ducks (back when they had Selanne and Kariya): What makes them "lucky" by winning games by only one goal each time? Can't it be seen as just there being great parity between the teams? They went into a game missing their best player on the road and came away with the win.

Thanks in advance for the explanation. (BTW, what's the news on the rating for NHL on NBC the past few games?)[/quote]
Oh, you've made an enemy. Avs and Ducks fan :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Oh, you've made an enemy. Avs and Ducks fan :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]Well, "fan" is a very loose term. I don't make a huge effort to catch either teams' games or highlights. I just casually check the standings over the course of the season. Actually, the only player I really like (to the point of wanting to buy sweaters) would be Sakic.

bread's done
Back