The Ninth Annual CAG March Madness Contest - Georgetown Destroyed All Of Our Brackets

[quote name='JMusic']Man, I'm 9 of 16. Flipping a coin 16 times would have worked about as well as actually thinking about my picks. :)[/QUOTE]

Exactly, my flip a coin bracket in another league is 13 of 16. My brains over brawn bracket in another league is also 13 of 16 but I lost 2 Sweet 16 teams in Mizzu and Pitt. I also missed by picking the braininess of Bucknell over Butler. However, I nailed the upset of Harvard over NM. :D

13 of 16 yesterday. The 3 second round teams I lost were UNLV, New Mexico, and Missouri. The Mountain West really screwed me. I guess I picked the wrong MW team to lose (Colorado State vs Missouri). Of the 3 losers, the only one I had in the Sweet 16 was New Mexico.

If I got all 16 right today, I'd still only be in 3rd place when the day is over. I've got Wisconsin in the Elite 8, but I watched Ole Miss in the SEC tournament and they could very easily take out Wisconsin in the first round.

K-State better wake up in this second half or La Salle id going to bury them.

EDIT: So far it looks like they are as they are coming back now.

Last edited by a moderator:
K-State's comeback comes up short as La Salle moves on.
I had the Wildcats beating Wisconsin next round, I sure missed the mark there.

[quote name='chuckie88']K-State's comeback comes up short as La Salle moves on.
I had the Wildcats beating Wisconsin next round, I sure missed the mark there.[/QUOTE]

Could be worse - I had K State beating Pitt. :wall:

let see this morning i was in 2nd with 14 out of 16

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

woo still 2nd 19 out of 23

at least in this bracket... had wis going to final 4 in another

still waiting for DUKE to choke in the 2nd round like very year LOL

Wow. Georgetown losing would be huge.

Yahoo really needs a way to see how everybody in the pool picked a certain game. The Scenario Generator is nice to see how the standings change, but this would be more granular for each game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Wow. Georgetown losing would be huge.

Yahoo really needs a way to see how everybody in the pool picked a certain game. The Scenario Generator is nice to see how the standings change, but this would be more granular for each game.[/QUOTE]

looks like its happening:cry:

Georgetown goes down while the Buckeyes and Hurricanes issue some beatdowns! :boxing:
I'm intrigued by the UCLA vs Minnesota matchup that's coming up later tonight.

San Diego St. puts down Oklahoma and Iowa St. embarrassed Notre Dame, the Irish looked terrible.
Kansas is starting to wake up in this second half, that Red Blob mascot thing needs to fire up W. Kentucky! :lol:

[quote name='chuckie88']^They did, the entire team looked good representing.
As for Burke, Ohio's loss was Michigan's gain for sure.[/QUOTE]

They did and to my concern McGary is really looking improved.

Hardaway Jr. was unconscious from the field for stretches of the game.

This Marquette/Butler game is one of the best so far this year.

Anybody else have Oregon in the Sweet 16? I'm currently in 3rd. I'll move up a spot if Gonzaga wins and Marquette holds on.

[quote name='slidecage']day 1 14 out of 16 2nd place
day 2 23 out of 32 (ouch 9 out of 16) 13th place

my chances are over o well[/QUOTE]

so day 3 comes to an end...man i miss the good old days when i used to WATCH these games only seen maybe 1 or 2 games so far

jumped back to 3rd with 27 of 37

until tomorrow where i fall back to 13+ lol

[quote name='pitfallharry219']So glad I didn't buy too much into Gonzaga this year. I have them winning this one, but losing the next round.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, unfortunately for me I had them losing to Wisconsin in the next round. At least my final four team from the west is still alive.

my midwest bracket is perfect, but my west is just totally screwed up. Ohio St's road is looking real easy.

Gonzaga was a joke of a team. Possibly the worst number one seed ever.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']My West region is a tire fire. I got three picks right in it so far. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my West region is jacked up now too. Bulldogs squared (Butler & Gonzaga) were a real one-two punch to my chances. I'm still in the hunt but have very little margin for error now. Oh well, I'm still super excited about the way my Wolverines played today. That's way more valuable to me than the contest.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']my midwest bracket is perfect, but my west is just totally screwed up. Ohio St's road is looking real easy.

Gonzaga was a joke of a team. Possibly the worst number one seed ever.[/QUOTE]

Scuse me but Iowa state is going to win tomorrow morning. Ok maybe not but I gotta cheer for my team!

My bracket is pretty busted up, but at least all of my Final Four teams are still left, so I guess there is still hope from the 58th spot on the leaderboards.

Wow, I attend FGCU and there is so much hype and buzz going SW Florida. I'm so proud of my eagles, even though I attended one game against Miami. I really hope they aren't a one hit wonder. I will cheer for them tomorrow. :)

Had Gonzaga winning it all and Georgetown in the final four. Probably my worst first weekend bracket performance ever. :lol:

Still have 3 of 4 for the final four available, but I had Gonzaga winning it all. That was apparently a horrible pick. Can't believe they dropped so soon. I at least expected an appearance in the 16.

[quote name='kvadair']I feel the same way, unfortunately for me I had them losing to Wisconsin in the next round. At least my final four team from the west is still alive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats what I had too. Also had Georgetown in the elite 8 (beating UCLA in the sweet 16)

No shot for me this year, oh well!

My man crush on Aaron Craft just grew x10!!!!!!!

Wow, what a game!

Both teams left it all out on the court.

Hoosiers were in dog fight with the Owls! Survive and advance is the name of the game.

[quote name='Ichigo1993']4 teams from the Big Ten. Can Illinois or Minnesota pull off an upset?[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as we know the B1G from the regular season. IL and Minn is capable of pulling off the upsets. It just depends on what teams show up today. If the Minn team that beat IN and the IL team that curb stomped the Buckeyes earlier in the season do then they move on to the next round. If Brandon Paul lights it up the IL will move on to the next round.

Congrats KU! They righted the ship and move on to the Sweet 16.

Minn starting to show some fight and coming back against the Gators.

SDSU vs FLGC has the makings of a buzzer beater game.

bread's done
Back