The "Nobody Watches Wrestling Anymore" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NICE!!! I didn't see that coming at all. I had kinda guessed it when Orton came out, but I didn't think it would actually happen.

For once, I'm looking forward to seeing next week's Raw to see what happens.

Makes me wonder if Randy is getting suspended for attacking that fan over the weekend.

Would seem par for the course when it comes to Randy Orton.

Infraction: Caught with drugs
Punishment: Wins WWE Championship

Infraction: Trashes a Hotel Room
Punishment: Retains title at Wrestlemania

Infraction: Attacks fan
Punishment: Gets to stretcher-job Vince McMahon and likely reignite his career.

Anyway, neato storyline. I'm interested to see where they take it.

[quote name='Scorch']I wish WWE gave storyline contracts instead of signing people by years. It'd keep that "Anything can happen in the WWE!" feeling alive.

//edit: LOL @ the crowd chanting "On your knees!" when Stephanie told Jericho to apologize to the crowd. I wonder if those were played over the PA and the crowd joined in, or if that was completely ad-libbed.[/QUOTE]
seemed ad-libbed because steph was trying to hold back laughter when he was getting up....

[quote name='mykevermin']:lol: Yeah. Screw Michelle McCool. [/quote]

You know, taken out of context that phrase is rather interesting. :)

BTW, is it just me or was this the longest RAW overrun ever?

That was an awesome ending segment that made Orton feel like the biggest anti-hero in the company since Austin while once again getting Vince off TV so he doesn't get stale, and put Jericho back in the Rumble. Plus, it had freaking clowns bowing to Vince as he came down the aisle. The JBL-Cena-HBK segment was fantastic, and made me not only want to see JBL face Cena, but also see JBL win the belt to then lose it to HBK at 'Mania. The IC Title match was really good and saw Regal sell the GTS perfectly, and Bush was shown with the spinner. Despite the wrestling-lean second hour (I blinked and missed Knox-Rey and Cryme Tyme-Mizorrison), it felt like a very good overall show. Plus, I loved that Cody/Goldust segment. I was a bit surprised to see them mention Sting in it given that he's the TNA Champion right now.

Quotes -
Cole - Kane holds the record for most consecutive Rumbles - this Sunday will be his 11th.
Lawler - The lights went out…I thought Kane made another entrance.
Cole - YUP, IT’S GONNA BE ONE OF THOSE KINDA WEEKS!
Cole - I saw that you were on your computer all day - were you on dotcom?
Lawler - ...OF COURSE, I was looking at the daily diva!
Cole - Beth Phoenix trying to establish superioriority early on.
Lawler - Easy for you to say.
Rosa - I’ll do whatever you want - whatever you say. IT’LL BE A GREAT HONOR!
Santino - PLEASE, CAN WE KEEP HER!
Beth - I’ll think about it.
(to Steph)Orton - Is it none of my business that the only reason you have this job is because Mr. McMahon is your father!? Is it none of my business that if your last name wasn’t McMahon, you’d be a complete nobody!?
(to the ref after a vicious head butt)Regal - What? You can’t do anything!
Shad - Tomorrow, our boy is being inaugurated as the President of these United States.
Miz - I’m Republican.
Shad - That’s bad for you.
Morrison - When it comes to beating you two...
Miz and Morrison - YES WE CAN!
Goldust - Cody, it’s been a while. This DVD has Sting, Ric Flair, and Dad. This DVD can teach you more in one night than Randy Orton can teach you in a lifetime.
Cody - I heard it even has a “classic” two out of three falls match between Steve Austin and Dustin Rhodes. Unlike you, I’m not gonna waste my talents.
Vince - Tonight’s about business. Here’s a former superstar in the WWE who has a greivance. Here is… Chris Jericho! Nice suit.
Jericho - Thank you. You look immaculate. While you were incapacitated, I took Raw and carried it on my back. What’s your daughter do? She fires me! But now that you’re back here, I know that you’re gonna make things right, and that’s why I implore you to re-hire me and reinstate me in the Royal Rumble. You’re a brilliant businessman - make things right on your show. Steph can be compulsive.
Jericho - She’s worse than ever.
Vince - Why don’t we bring the princess out here? Allow me to introduce my daughter, Stephanie McMahon!
Vince - Chris, I’m not gonna rehire you, but I’m not gonna fire my daughter - the two of use are gonna run Monday Night Raw together!
Steph - If you really want your job back, apologize.
Jericho - I’m sorry…
Steph - Speak up…
Jericho - I said, I’m sorry.
Steph - You’re gonna have to do better than that.
Jericho - Stephanie, I’m sorry I spoke out of turn against you. I was frustrated at myself and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you, and I hope you can find It in your heart to please forgive me.
Steph - That’s good, but it’s not good enough. You’ve been calling these people hypocrites for months now, and if you want your job back, you’ll apologize to them!
(crowd chants "On Your Knees")Steph - I believe they’re saying “on your knees” but I could be wrong.
Jericho - When you have a gift that makes you perform better than anyone on the planet, It may make me seem arrogant. Like I’m better than I’m everyone else, and I know I’ve said a lot of mean things about you...if I’ve said anything to offend any of you, then I apologize.
Vince - I love to see Jericho grovel like that - warms my cockles.
Lawler - Cockles?
Orton - Excuse me, Mr. McMahon, but there’s another apology in order. YOUR DAUGHTER SLAPPED ME FOR NO REASON AT ALL! So I think you should tell her to apologize to me.!
Vince - Why should I do that?
Orton - Because I’m worth more than you, and will make you millions of dollars. People pay to see me and not you! And you might not want to admit this, but ever since your daughter has popped you out a couple of grandkids, she has become essentially worthless!
Vince - WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!? You’re standing in my ring! THIS IS MY UNIVERSE, I CREATED IT, AND YOU’RE PRIVALEGED TO BE IN IT! Let me give you a little history - let’s talk about your dad Cowboy Bob Orton. He was a mediocre rassler until I came along, and I made your dad a superstar. He went on to be in the hall of fame and the reason I’m giving you this history lesson is that If I hadn’t done that, you wouldn’t be standing here right now. You’d be maybe a gym teacher in St. Louis. Randy, what I’m saying is now, you can apologize to me! Apologize to me or else. I’m not gonna ask you again. You apologize to me or I’ll terminate you right here on the spot!
Orton - You do not want to do that, sir! (fans chant “RKO“)
Vince - RANDY ORTON, YOU’RE…(Vince slaps him, then Orton kicks him and punts him)

Screens -

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how, but I stumbled on tonights episode feat. the return of Vince. I dunno, it was real but it seems like they planned that before it aired. That guy seems to be a punching bag everytime I see him. lool He's always being knocked out some how.

[quote name='Survivor Charlie']Makes me wonder if Randy is getting suspended for attacking that fan over the weekend.

Would seem par for the course when it comes to Randy Orton[/QUOTE]

Or almost anyone on the roster that isn't totally worthless. Yeah, Brian Christopher may get shitcanned after getting busted with weed at the border, but it's not like they were going to do anything with him. On the other hand, Jeff Hardy had countless chances and wound up world champion. JBL salutes Hitler in Germany and is rewarded with an even bigger push...although the bitter wrestling fans who JBL had been referring to as fat nerds (or whatever) getting their revenge by getting him fired off that Fox News Show after it happened was hilarious.

Great to see Punk as IC champ, no he has officially held all RAW championships since he got drafted to in June.
I wonder where's the Randy Orton/Vince McMahon storyline going.

[quote name='TheEyecon']Great to see Punk as IC champ, no he has officially held all RAW championships since he got drafted to in June.[/QUOTE]:shame: still waiting on the Women's Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back