The Number One Video Game Magazine!

Xrazor

CAGiversary!
I am getting tired of seeing so many Number One's! There is EGM Video Games #1 Magazine, and GameInformer video games #1 Magazine, and the list just goes on and on, so my question is, which magazine really is number one? Does anyone have any idea?

Gamepro also makes that claim:)rofl:). I can see GI's claim if it goes by subscription rates, cause of Gamestop shoving GI subscriptions down people's throats when getting a Edge card.

I remember EGM or Gamepro saying that they assume 2.8 people read every 1 issue of their magazine, since people leave them around in the toilet and others read them, or in waiting rooms, or stupid crap like that.

EGM is the only one I find readable, and it's far from stellar.

I do trust their reviews more than others as it's at least clear they don't pander to pressure from publishers/advertisers from the various times they've pissed off companies and had ads pulled, no more review copies from a publisher etc.

Plus they tend to be damn tough critics, which is good as I'm very critical as well.

[quote name='dmaul1114']EGM is the only one I find readable, and it's far from stellar.

I do trust their reviews more than others as it's at least clear they don't pander to pressure from publishers/advertisers from the various times they've pissed off companies and had ads pulled, no more review copies from a publisher etc.

Plus they tend to be damn tough critics, which is good as I'm very critical as well.[/quote]
How is Game Informer unreadable?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How is Game Informer unreadable?[/QUOTE]

Seemed to full of fluff, pandering to advertisers and just sucky in general list time I read one. Though to be fair that's been a few years.

Plus, it's associated with Gamestop, so that's enough to keep me completely away from it.

I don't know what the hell happened when I played very little video games for a few years but EGM is still my favorite magazine, even if they went down a couple hundred pages.

As far as making the most money, I believe Game Informer has that honor. EGM isn't just EGM though, 1UP.com and EGM (+ GFW) are all one big, happy family.

EGM in my opinion has one of the best review crews in just about any publication. THE ONLY one to really touch up on Assassin's Creed having bugs instead of just saying it's a 9.0 game like everyone else. Biggest problem though is after 2000 when they got rid of any real previews section and just reduced to a big random mess of smaller articles...

Game Informer is only good for game previews and exclusives, because their reviews are a friggin joke.

I like GameInformer even though Gamestop is choking it. Can't stand EGM, its reviews remind me of IGN, plus to in my experience, EGM was crap in the mid 90s, and is still crap today. I miss PC Gamer it fell that one fell down about 5 years ago. Gamepro hit and miss, its been about 3-4 years since I had a subscription but their review system was a always a little off, they did give the DC a lot of support though.

Computer Gaming World that was a terrible mag. Compared to PC Gamer back in the late 90s CGW was like trying to read Lord of the Rings drunk. Anways those are my opinions, I turn to Zero Puncation for most of my reviews these days, Gamespot once in a while and since I still get GameInformer it makes good toilet time reading.

In the way of bugs EGM isn't the only one break out of the mold I know Game Informer gave Lair an okay review 6.75? at least it wasn't a 9. It also gave Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door something like a 7, again not like a 9, like everyone else.

But hey what the hell do I know. How a list of all the gaming mags that have come and gone. And how about a list of all the gaming magaiznes who have podcasts? I know pc gamer has one.

bread's done
Back