The Office - Season 3 - Discussion [possible spoilers]

As pointed out earlier by myself and others, I think the genius of Office is that they allow things like Micheal's obvious insecurity and fragility to surface in the midst of outright humor that makes the show so amazing.

They could do full on crazy Steve Carrell and Dwight shit the whole time, but it's always in check and always has a strong foil working with AND against it.

That's really difficult to pull off.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome show, loved how Pam referenced "Million Dollar Baby" everyone just had that look, like "ooh me next" and the refernce from Ryan to "The Lion King"...His uncle Mufasa :rofl:[/QUOTE]

"It would take me like, an hour and a half to tell the whole story."

So, so funny. Though, I still can't believe that guy is actually one of the show's writers.

I love this show. I just found out about it a couple weeks ago when one of my roommates got the first two seasons and we all watched them. I don't usually have time to watch a lot of TV and somehow missed out on this amazing show, but I'm catching up now and last night's episode was hilarious. It should be interesting to see how they can feature Jim's office more, the stuff with the gaydar was funny so hopefully they can get him to interact with the old office more.

[quote name='ryanbph']isn't kelly, ryans girlfriend on the show, the head writter? I thought I had heard that on the tvguide podcast[/QUOTE]

I know she's one of them, although not sure if she's the head writer. Also what is interesting is that after I watched the 1st season on DVD, it looks like they completlely changed her character from "Indian Girl in the backround" to "Super clingy relationship valley-girl."

[quote name='lionheart4life']I love this show. I just found out about it a couple weeks ago when one of my roommates got the first two seasons and we all watched them. I don't usually have time to watch a lot of TV and somehow missed out on this amazing show, but I'm catching up now and last night's episode was hilarious. It should be interesting to see how they can feature Jim's office more, the stuff with the gaydar was funny so hopefully they can get him to interact with the old office more.[/quote]

My bet is on them "closing" Jim's office and integrating them into Michael's office.
The original show did this so it seems logical.

[quote name='jalu6']I know she's one of them, although not sure if she's the head writer. Also what is interesting is that after I watched the 1st season on DVD, it looks like they completlely changed her character from "Indian Girl in the backround" to "Super clingy relationship valley-girl."[/quote]
They didn't really have time to develop any of the characters besides the 5 main ones during the first season.

[quote name='javeryh']My bet is on them "closing" Jim's office and integrating them into Michael's office.
The original show did this so it seems logical.
[/quote]

I really hope so, cause like I said, I'm loving Ed Helms, Chip, and the new girl.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome show, loved how Pam referenced "Million Dollar Baby" everyone just had that look, like "ooh me next" and the refernce from Ryan to "The Lion King"...His uncle Mufasa :rofl:[/QUOTE]

That had me laughing. My wife didn't get the Million Dollar Baby reference. What would have been a good movie death to reference in this episode?

[quote name='Dante Devil']What would have been a good movie death to reference in this episode?[/quote]

I'd have gone with Final Destination or Top Gun, maybe even Psycho.

[quote name='Dante Devil']That had me laughing. My wife didn't get the Million Dollar Baby reference. What would have been a good movie death to reference in this episode?[/QUOTE]

"Right before my uncle passed on, he said that if he died, he would become more powerful than I could possibly imagine. That's when my father killed him."

[quote name='Dante Devil']That had me laughing. My wife didn't get the Million Dollar Baby reference. What would have been a good movie death to reference in this episode?[/quote]

Taking a cue from your sig, the Joker in Batman.

"So one time, our family was touring this chemical processing plant..."

[quote name='Dante Devil']What would have been a good movie death to reference in this episode?[/QUOTE]

Ze goggles! Zey do nawzing!

Brilliant episode. So many hilarious moments.

Especially when Ed Helms sits down in his chair and it starts squeeking, and Jim and Karen give those looks at the camera.

Also, Micheal's Cosby impressions, and Pam recording his activities.

[quote name='Strell']Brilliant episode. So many hilarious moments.

Especially when Ed Helms sits down in his chair and it starts squeeking, and Jim and Karen give those looks at the camera.

Also, Micheal's Cosby impressions, and Pam recording his activities.[/quote]

The jokes were coming hard and fast this week:

"10:00: Cosby Impression"

"And now I will plant my seed in you."

"You must conquer fear! Now wrestle my cousin Mose!"

Great episode tonight. Even though it was weird ending in kind of a serious note, I loved the revival of the Jim/Pam love.
[quote name='Tybee']"And now I will plant my seed in you."[/QUOTE]That was my favorite line of the evening.

I noticed they changed the level of Dwight's excitement about Ryan's first sale from when they first showed the clip on the Tonight Show when BJ Novak was a guest a couple weeks go.

Na na na na na - HEY!

When Michael put his one leg up on the chair in his office I sprayed Gatorade everywhere from laughing.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nothing beats Ace of Base :)[/quote]

I think you mean The Cardigans... unless I'm thinking of something else.

[quote name='javeryh']Well, there was a ton of music in this episode - Dwight's car, Michael's office, Jim singing, etc. The song Jim was singing was "Lovefool" by The Cardigans so that's what I was thinking of...[/quote]

lol, i felt a little weird knowing that, but it was a cd i listened too a quite a bit since i used to basically just buy soundtracks back around that time

just one more bit of useless information;)

[quote name='Jedi1979']lol, i felt a little weird knowing that, but it was a cd i listened too a quite a bit since i used to basically just buy soundtracks back around that time

just one more bit of useless information;)[/QUOTE]

Translation: "I'M NOT GAY!!!"

[quote name='javeryh']Well, there was a ton of music in this episode - Dwight's car, Michael's office, Jim singing, etc. The song Jim was singing was "Lovefool" by The Cardigans so that's what I was thinking of...[/QUOTE]

I was refering to the song that Jim was singing to the squeeking chair. I hope I'm still right that it was Ace of Base.

If Brak wonders into this thread, he's going to kill all of you.

On the subject of the Office, another great line:

"It's too bad they didn't like you. They didn't need to tell it to your face though."

I love how Michael goofs around all day but he makes a huge sale to "The Cos" at the end. He's a really good salesman. I also love how Pam is genuinely concerned about reporting back to Jan.

[quote name='Strell']If Brak wonders into this thread, he's going to kill all of you.

On the subject of the Office, another great line:

"It's too bad they didn't like you. They didn't need to tell it to your face though."[/QUOTE]

Coincidentally the only reason I knew what that song was is because I had gone to brak's last.fm and I was like "who the fuck are the cardigans" and I downloaded legally obtained that song.

[quote name='javeryh']I love how Michael goofs around all day but he makes a huge sale to "The Cos" at the end. He's a really good salesman. I also love how Pam is genuinely concerned about reporting back to Jan.[/quote]Don't forget Dwight. Once he was actually heading to the sales call and giving pointers to Ryan, you were like "Holy shit, Dwight actually knows sales."

[quote name='botticus']Don't forget Dwight. Once he was actually heading to the sales call and giving pointers to Ryan, you were like "Holy shit, Dwight actually knows sales."[/quote]

Oh yeah - that was cool too. I did laugh pretty hard when the temp started throwing eggs and then Dwight joined right in.

I missed it, but I think last nights episode was primarily written by B.J Covack (don't know if I got name right..)... ie. The Temp. That's probably why he was featured a bit more in this episode.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I missed it, but I think last nights episode was primarily written by B.J Covack (don't know if I got name right..)... ie. The Temp. That's probably why he was featured a bit more in this episode.[/QUOTE]

He's written a few episodes. Including two of the best - diversity day and sexual harassment.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']I missed it, but I think last nights episode was primarily written by B.J Covack (don't know if I got name right..)... ie. The Temp. That's probably why he was featured a bit more in this episode.[/quote]I figured as much once my coworker told me that he was a writer. Though now I have to be curious if he and the actress/writer behind Kelly are involved in reality.

I think the last episode was one of the best of the season so far. I felt so sorry for Ryan, since it seems like he is the most likeable person at The Office, and the whole pretzel thing with Michael and Stanley was one of the funnest storylines on the Office.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I think the last episode was one of the best of the season so far. I felt so sorry for Ryan, since it seems like he is the most likeable person at The Office, and the whole pretzel thing with Michael and Stanley was one of the funnest storylines on the Office.[/quote]:D One of the girls I work with was talking about that part with her husband, and he didn't believe her when she mentioned we have a similar event at our corporate center, but replace pretzels with ice cream. They bring in a cart and everything. And yes, it is the highlight of the day.

[quote name='botticus']:D One of the girls I work with was talking about that part with her husband, and he didn't believe her when she mentioned we have a similar event at our corporate center, but replace pretzels with ice cream. They bring in a cart and everything. And yes, it is the highlight of the day.[/quote]

Ours does the exact same thing...Did it last week, in fact, as a reward for successfully figuring out that a fire drill means go outside. :roll:

Usually they do it to make up for the terrible mismanagement of the building, such as when the A/C went out for three days in the middle of August or the network cables get chewed by rats. I'd rather them take some of that money and spend on say, I dunno, someone to vaccuum the offices (there are Cheetos under my desk from the person before the last person who occupied my cubicle), but what do I know?

ugh! I was looking forward to watching these shows all day...but now I'm watching chainsaw massacre on fuse until supernatural comes on.

bread's done
Back