The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out on Memorial Day and scored a disc and case copy of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii and the Penny Arcade Card game for $7

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a few sales today. There are a lot of subdivision sales being advertised, but the two that I went to are running Thurs./Fri./Sat. and I'm guessing that most people will wait until tomorrow or Sat. to put their stuff out. I did manage to snag "Walking Dead" hard cover graphic novels Volumes 1/3/4 for $7.

Went out today and did... okay I guess. Only bought things at three sales but some solid items.

At the first sale I got:

De Blob 2 (Wii)

Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (Wii)

Saints Row the Third (PS3)

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PS3)

Dead Island (360)

Paid $6.00 for the lot.

Next sale got:

Wario Ware Smooth Moves (Wii)

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3-Disc only)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS3-Disc only)

She wanted 5.00 each and would only come down to 4.00 each for the other guy there. when I pointed out two of mine were disc only though she agreed to 3 for 10.00.

Rest of the day was pretty lame, think someone beat me to the other side of the neighborhood. One guy showed me a flyer someone had given him saying what he bought including old games, specifically mentioning a ton of systems. (Even TG16). I did find a copy of Fast & Furious Showdown though for $2.00 which I grabbed to flip since it's supposed to be insanely bad.

Went out to do some shopping and ended up sign surfing yard sales for a couple hours.

Misc.

The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! dvd set - Free (missing 2nd disc)

Mission bookshelf speakers - $2

the third stop was the one and only sale that had gaming stuff, but it was good to me.

Super Mario Advance 3 Yoshi's Island - GBA (cart only)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii (disc only)

Final Fantasy III - DS

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - GC

Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland - PS2

Xtreme Legends Dynasty Warriors 4 - PS2

N64 InterAct Sharkpad Pro controller

A box of cables and chargers that included a couple of 360 component HD AV cables and a DS lite charger

Total = $12.

Today was fun. Found a couple neighborhood yard sales. Too many sales though, I didn't have the time to do them all so I skipped anything that looked like mostly baby stuff. There will be another neighborhood event starting tomorrow down the street from me.

I found a N64 for the first time this season, but it was $150. There were close to 30 games but most of them weren't that rare.

•Badass lightsaber that spins: $5

•Sony CD/radio player: $10

•Samsung blu-ray player: $7

•K'NEX Big Ball Factory: $5, don't know if anything is missing

•TI-86 calculator: $2

•Mint Floor cleaner: $15

•Superman Helicopter: $5

•I got a copy of MS Office Professional 2007 for free, but I don't know if I could use it since the person who gave it to me didn't know if she used all the licenses already.

7hADAf6.jpg
nyLLLfa.jpg
F914DFF.jpg

Today was fun. Found a couple neighborhood yard sales. Too many sales though, I didn't have the time to do them all so I skipped anything that looked like mostly baby stuff. There will be another neighborhood event starting tomorrow down the street from me.

I found a N64 for the first time this season, but it was $150. There were close to 30 games but most of them weren't that rare.

•Badass lightsaber that spins: $5

•Sony CD/radio player: $10

•Samsung blu-ray player: $7

•K'NEX Big Ball Factory: $5, don't know if anything is missing

•TI-86 calculator: $2

•Mint Floor cleaner: $15

•Superman Helicopter: $5

•I got a copy of MS Office Professional 2007 for free, but I don't know if I could use it since the person who gave it to me didn't know if she used all the licenses already.
Chances are that unless she re-installed Office 2007 recently (within the last several months) you should be able to use it yourself, but the question is why would you want to do that to yourself?

I'm not sure if I would even use it, I don't think it'll work on my Macbook. Maybe I'll hold onto it in case I get a Windows computer in the future, though the software will be pretty outdated by then...

I picked up some vintage stuff for about $20. I will be able to sell it for near $200 to hipsters (and still keep some for myself).

I had a pretty good weekend. I only bought a few games, but they were decent.

Garbage update:

I found out the person that left all the stuff moved and didn't have the means to take it with her. (I think the free TV I got last year was hers too). There were 5 rubbermaids out there today outside of the dumpster. I grabbed some stuff to donate, and I grabbed a few bins that weren't cracked or broken to use for G-Sale stuff. I did break my "no fabric" rule and I did take the brand new "genuine leather" coat that still had the tags on it. I wore gloves just in case, but she kept her stuff clean. Too bad there wasn't much in the bins that had value.

I hosed down the bins to get the dust off and I will hit them with bleach or lysol just in case.

Stopped at one on my way home from work this afternoon and bought a box full of 90's punk and grunge CD's from an older lady for 3$, she also had boxes of sports cards and garbage pail kids, but her kids took the Nintendo and Sega with them...

Stopped at one on my way home from work this afternoon and bought a box full of 90's punk and grunge CD's from an older lady for 3$, she also had boxes of sports cards and garbage pail kids, but her kids took the Nintendo and Sega with them...
I am going to be quite disappointed with you if the Garbage Pail Kids were cheap and you left them behind lol

You should pick them up if your passing by the sale tomorrow and they are still around if they are about as cheap as the CDs were.

Two sales near me this morning advertised a slim Xbox 360 and games. There wasn't even a sale at the first address, and the second one only had an original model 360 with no cords or controllers marked at $70.   :wall:

There's one more sale advertising another 360 tomorrow at a completely different address. I'll try not to be surprised if that one doesn't happen either.

I am going to be quite disappointed with you if the Garbage Pail Kids were cheap and you left them behind lol

You should pick them up if your passing by the sale tomorrow and they are still around if they are about as cheap as the CDs were.
I could've probably picked up all the sports cards and garbage pail kids for 5-10$, we're talking at least 30-40 pounds of cards, boxes and binders. I'm just not into them, and don't have the room even if I was.

I could've probably picked up all the sports cards and garbage pail kids for 5-10$, we're talking at least 30-40 pounds of cards, boxes and binders. I'm just not into them, and don't have the room even if I was.
Go back and buy them GPK cards. Non sport cards are at a high right now. Sports cards are at a low.

Saturday finds. Found a Zune for the first time ever at a yard sale. 120GB model with a dock and case. Just $20....

The girl who was selling it told me she originally took it to a used media/game store and they wouldn't take it. Strange. 

Also bought a logitech mouse for $1, game was $1, audiosource eq 100 equalizer was $5.

Qk9wKwi.jpg

Unfortunately, between illness and torrential rain, my sailing has been very limited. However I'm glad to see a lot of folks out now.

One highlight I got this weekend though before it poured was someone who got some GC games out for me. They had Wind Waker and double dash marked at $20 each since they new they were valuable. However, the others were 2 for $5. So I picked up tales of Symphonia and metroid prime with the echoes bonus disc for $5.

Went to a sale that advertised Wii/360 games. All games were a $1 and were disc only with generic cases.

I picked up New Super Mario Bros, Crash Mind over Mutant, Wii Sports, and COd MW Reflex all for $4

I also stopped by Goodwill and grabbed Wolfenstein New Order sealed for 360 for $12

The sale advertising the 360 actually had one, but they were asking $250 because it had games loaded on it. Passed on that and picked up these at other sales...

[attachment=14555:IMG_4402.JPG]

Lego Star Wars dictionary (missing the figure) - $.50.

LBP Karting (not for resale copy; sealed) - $2.50.

Pikmin 2 (missing manual) - $5.

Looney Toons salt and pepper shakers - $.50. I just thought they looked cool.

Also got a tin Star Wars bank for another 50 cents, plus two wall plaques for $5 and a nice blanket for $3. Not a bad score.

After Thursday's finds, I was happy with the way the weekend started.  On Friday only had time to hit a few sales in a big neighborhood sale (supposedly over 100+) and only picked up RalliSport 2 (Xbox) and Legaia 2 (PS2)  for $1 ea.  I was finding a lot of games, but the prices were way too high and no one was dealing.

One of the first stops this morning at another neighborhood sale, was probably my best.  11 Wii games for $20 and the best were Wii Sports Resort, Zelda Twilight Princess and the Metroid Prime Trilogy.  One of the last stops I picked up 20 PS 1 & 2 games for $10.  Spyro the Dragon was probably the best out of the bunch, but also picked up the PS1 collections for the Activision Classic Games for the Atari 2600 and Midway Arcades' Greatest Hits Atari Collection 2.

Also picked up a copy of Samurai Showdown: The Motion Picture for 50¢ and The Real Ghostbusters Vol.1 steelbook for $2.

Best day of the year thus far at the garage sales for me, finally had a ton of listed sales, including a community sale in a golf course, which took up most of the time I went out. Only was yard saling for 2 hours before my budget ran out.

First find of the day was the CD, overpaid at 2$, but been looking for a good copy for a while so oh well.

Then I found the Blu-Ray, Hoodwinked Too, it's a combo pack with 5 discs, 3D, Bluray, DVD, Soundtrack and Digital Copy. Paid 3$.

Just after that found the Xbox 360 Official Headset in black, brand new, 50 cents.

A little later I got the Spongebob GC game, came with the movie game complete, as well as a copy of Creature from the Krusty Krab disc only and a manual for Atlantis Squarepantis. Weird. Asked 1$ but she didn't have change so she just let me have it, that was nice.

Came across a huge sale with all kinds of Electronics, looked like an elecronics reseller or something based on how much electronics he had out just piled in totes. He had a Wii Bundle, I picked out the 2 Wii games, Smash Bros Brawl and WarioWare and asked if he'd sell them seperately. He said yes but started looking them up on eBay, I just let him do it, he said WarioWare was going for around 20 and Smash Bros around 25, but for some reason still took my offer a 5$ a piece. After that offered him 25$ for a big tote of DVD and HD DVD's, he took it, overall that's less than 1$ a piece, and there's probably 15 different TV box sets.

And the last find of the day cemented it as the definite best day of the year was the DS lot. Went up to the sale and saw the Official Black/White Pokedex Book poking up out of a box full of books, of course I asked if they had a DS they'd want to sell, and the kids' eyes lit up, first the girl brought out the Blue DSi, she wanted 20$, which is decent and I probably would've picked it up alone, but the boy returned with the black Hori case with 5 games, which sparked the girl's memory and she went and grabbed the pink Hori case with the rest. They wanted 2$ a game. I just went ahead and took it all for 40$.

Here's the games:

Pokemon Black

Pokemon Heartgold

x2 Copies of New Super Mario Bros

Mario 64 DS

Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

Kirby Super Star Ultra

Sonic Rush

Lego Harry Potter

Lego Batman

Lego Indiana Jones 2

Henry Hatsworth and the Puzzling Adventure

And some other meh games, Wipeout, Petz, I Spy

After paying I spotted the Mom messing with the 2 Boxes, they're just empty boxes but she gave them to me free, Pink and Cobalt DS Lite Boxes, cool since I have the Cobalt system.

If they find it, I'll go back next weekend to buy the Boy's DS system, he couldn't find it while I was there.

oXxJsdQ.jpg

ntcVfml.jpg

Also forgot to add, my Dad went out with us today, and he found probably the greatest yard sale find I will ever see.

He bought 6 brand new bulk packs (36 Sq ft each) of Dynamat Xtreme for 40$.

To buy that from even the cheapest retailer would be just shy of 900$

Nobody else got anything this week? This thread seems dead. Well, allow me to inject some life:

IMG_2386.jpg

Turtle Beach X12 - $5
Funko Pop! - Ezio (Assassin's Creed) - $1
Yu-Gi-Oh! Black Skull Dragon model - $1
Vampire Hunter D Manga, vol. 2 - $.50
Various stuff from various sales. Turtle Beach headset is for Xbox 360 but works great on my PC, comfortable and sounds pretty good to my half-deaf ears. Ezio is the first Pop! figure I've bought and I fear it may be the start of a dangerous addiction. :lol: The Yu-Gi-Oh model was something I picked up on a whim...the box is beat up but all the parts inside are still sealed, so for a buck - why not? And lastly, Vampire Hunter D from a huge book sale. It's so rare to see manga so I always buy it when I see it.

IMG_2387.jpg

:wii: Punch-Out! and :3ds: Scribblenauts Unmasked - $3 each
Asking price was $5 each on these, paid $3. Not bad! Although I just bought the PC version of Scribblenauts for $1 last week...

IMG_2388.jpg

:ps3: Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, Killzone 2, Resident Evil 5 (steelbook), Resident Evil 6 (GH)
:ps2: Silent Hill 2, Silent Hill 4, Silent Hill Origins, Run Like Hell
playstation_logo_icone_4161_16.png
Area 51, Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus, Parasite Eve II
:dvd: Robot Chicken Season 3
$8 total
This excellent lot was from a sale that wasn't on my list that I happened to stumble upon while I was lost thanks to Yahoo Maps' shitty directions. Of course, the only reason I was using Yahoo is because the new Google Maps is so godawful. Anyway, yeah, cool games, and cheap too! All are complete except RLH which has no manual.

IMG_2391.jpg

Arion Legacy AR506-BK 2.1 Speakers - $8 (I know, the sticker says $10)

I was a little hesitant to get these because they're really quite large for desktop PC speakers and the brand name didn't really ring a bell. But I managed to find them on Amazon and the reviews are pretty good, plus it turns out they're actually gaming speakers. I've got them all set up now and honestly, the bass is a little *too* loud for me, but I'll do some tweaking and see if I can get it down to a dull roar. 

IMG_2389.jpg

Genesis model 1 w/ 2 controllers, power, and RF adapter
Genesis games - Sonic & Knuckles, Lotus II, Madden '93, After Burner II
NES games - Solstice, Tetris (w/ manual), and Bandai Golf Challenge Pebble Beach (not pictured)
N64 game - Toy Story 2

$15 total. My sole gaming find of last week. Felt like leftovers of something better, but not too bad of a pickup.

IMG_2390.jpg

:ps2: PS2 Slim w/ controller, 64MB memory card, power, and video cables - $5

And this was my sole gaming find the week *before* last week. Works great and it was nice and cheap. Although they said they had sold a "Nintendo" earlier which I'll assume for my own sake was a busted down Wii or something. :lol:

Kept around 15-20 Movies out of my big box I got for 25$, took the rest to the local pawn shop and got 22$ for them, I'd take 15-20 DVD's for 3$ any day. Just figured I'd update.

Another nice neighborhood community sale on saturday, hoping to do as well as I did last weekend.

I picked up this lot, plus a complete Duke Nukem Balls of Steel Edition for PS3, for $15 on Saturday morning.

Later I found complete copies of Twisted Metal Black and Driv3r for PS2, but that's it as far as games go. Apparently there was some guy going around the community sale I hit up at 6am knocking on people's doors for video games. I can't compete with that, nor would I want to. It's just goddamn rude, and if anyone ever tried that on me I'd chase them off.

There's going to be a huge town wide rummage sale this weekend, I'm really excited to go out and see if I can find anything good. :)

There's a garage sale on my street tomorrow! I think it's the house with all the Nintendo stuff. I've been aching for some GameCube accessories; maybe I'll find some there. Last year I got Banjo-Kazooie and Mario Kart Wii from those guys.

Find of the week last week at a neighborhood sale. Asked a lady if they had any video games for sale. She says no, but you can have this electronic thing we found in the garage if you want it for free....turns out it's a Magnavox Odyssey with two controllers! It's pretty dirty and cobwebbed but I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully some soap and elbow grease get it looking better.

If it's an Odyssey2 and you've got some soldering experience, you can add composite inputs and Atari-compatible controller ports to it fairly easily. Great way to bypass some of the system's design flaws.

Yikes. Do you ever try areas of your town that you haven't explored for yard sales? Or do you just see people like that everywhere...
I occasionally venture out to other areas, but I have been doing this for so long, I tend to recognize everyone. My city is pretty large and people come from the surrounding areas to garage sale here. Some of these guys never bought games in the past, but they have seen me ask for them, so they probably connected the dots.

I know I missed some type of gameboy at a sale today, and I passed on a $50 NES with 5 games (the GS employee bought it), but I still got some good trade fodder for AZ and some stuff for my collection.

You're talking about THIS?!

http://www.magnavox-odyssey.com/US%20Odyssey.htm

In that case, don't mod it! That's a collector's item, made by the recently deceased creator of home video games. Clean it, but otherwise leave it as is.
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I'm not super knowledgeable on them . First one I've actually ever seen in person. It has both controllers and a power cable but nothing else. And it's VERY dirty.

This weekend was surprisingly dead in my town. Hit up one where I they had a stack of PS2 games for $3 but nothing interesting. I did get 2 "Cookie Jar" Mario DVDs they had for 50 cents each. Went to check out another that had signs up but they had nothing out.

Also, stopped at the Salvation Army and found a Guitar Hero USB mic for $1.75. I have the RB one from the 360 still, but for the price I grabbed it. Oh and a Penn State ashtray.

Tomorrow is going to be CRAZY! There are 4 community sales on one street! I decided to hit the ones open today. Definitely going back tomorrow!

j5gta9.png

Top finds:

Joe Montana auto mini helmet - $20 guy said he signed it when the Superbowl was here. The auto looks legit to me from my research. Had to buy it!

iPod Touch 4th Generation - $10 works great!

Megaman game in box - $5

Portable DVD with swivel screen - $10 got for my daughter when we travel

Hot damn, I'm just floored by the $10 iPod Touch. I'm an Android man now but I'd love to have one just to be able to play Forget-Me-Not again.

Hot damn, I'm just floored by the $10 iPod Touch. I'm an Android man now but I'd love to have one just to be able to play Forget-Me-Not again.
They didn't really know what they had. On the sticker it said 2nd or 3rd gen? Ipod... turns out it's 4th gen with the retina display! I didn't even haggle with them haha

I bought this fucking massive Mercedes-Benz storage bags with wheels for $8 total. Not sure what exactly they're for. Maybe storage for wheels/hubcabs? I noticed in one of them there were instructions for assembling a mountain bike. Maybe they're just suitcases you could buy from Mercedes. I asked the person running the yard sale if he knew where they came from but he didn't know, they were his moms.

VUCSKKd.jpg

My yard-sale luck has been running out as of lately, lol. The N64 games were 3 for $5, PS games were $1 each and Conker was $2. I also found some Jap cartoons DVD sets for $3 and CDs for 50 cents each (can post pics if anyone wants to see those). I hope I have better luck this weekend!

[attachment=14761:Conker and stuff.PNG]

I bought this fucking massive Mercedes-Benz storage bags with wheels for $8 total. Not sure what exactly they're for. Maybe storage for wheels/hubcabs? I noticed in one of them there were instructions for assembling a mountain bike. Maybe they're just suitcases you could buy from Mercedes. I asked the person running the yard sale if he knew where they came from but he didn't know, they were his moms.
If I had to guess I'd say they were an optional extra with some kind of Mercedes car, I know they've done that before, or just a licensed product.

Tomorrow is going to be CRAZY! There are 4 community sales on one street! I decided to hit the ones open today. Definitely going back tomorrow!

j5gta9.png

Top finds:

Joe Montana auto mini helmet - $20 guy said he signed it when the Superbowl was here. The auto looks legit to me from my research. Had to buy it!

iPod Touch 4th Generation - $10 works great!

Megaman game in box - $5

Portable DVD with swivel screen - $10 got for my daughter when we travel
I don't really know much about sports autographs so forgive the stupid question here. I've got a ton of 49ers autographs from 1992/1993, among them Joe Montana. My friend's dad was their team pastor and many players were frequently at her house. Are Joe Montana autographs worth a significant amount? I know some sports celebrities constantly sign things so I have no idea what is and is not worth money.

I might have a Jerry Rice signature too. Can't remember.

I don't really know much about sports autographs so forgive the stupid question here. I've got a ton of 49ers autographs from 1992/1993, among them Joe Montana. My friend's dad was their team pastor and many players were frequently at her house. Are Joe Montana autographs worth a significant amount? I know some sports celebrities constantly sign things so I have no idea what is and is not worth money.

I might have a Jerry Rice signature too. Can't remember.
PSA has a decent estimate for most major players.

http://www.psacard.com/autographfacts/AutographDetail/77/joe-montana

http://www.psacard.com/autographfacts/AutographDetail/80/jerry-rice

Few more things to post. Got 5 Batman Arkham Origin steelbook cases for $5 total.... why they had 5 I don't know. Gonna guess the guy works at Best Buy since there's large stickers on the back with Best Buy info. Wolfenstein was $7, my first Xbox One game find so far this gen. Xbox and PS2 games were $1 each. Wii Fit stuff $5.

Also got a 32" Sony HDTV for $45, guitar hero guitar for $2

4ha1Bj1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back