The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Crazy lot" $150 (for charity) I teased this lot, but I don't think I ever posted it. This was one of the rare occasions where I didn't have time to go to the bank, so I didn't have enough money on me. I pulled all of this stuff early and he agreed to hold it for me. It was also for charity, so I felt bad trying to negotiate to get it cheaper.

The best part was getting the stink eye from my competition when I came back to the sale to pick up the rest of the lot. Especially when he saw me carrying the last two items to my car. ;)

I overpaid for this lot IMO, but it worked out in the end. I left out the non gaming stuff like some horror VHS tapes, Harry Potter hardcovers, SONY DVD player, Ice Cream maker (sealed), boardgames, etc. Overall there are 3 big boxes (18x18x12) that were filled like the first pic.

Non video games:

Games:

Highlights:

SEALED Nitro Intimidator Special Edition LEGO Racers

Minty:

Oh and these guys:

60GB and 120GB

The 60gb had previously been repaired, but has the red screen. The 120 GB was occasionally having trouble ejecting discs. I made an "infamous/killzone bundle" from this lot when AZ had a crazy TIV ($220+), so that paid for the entire lot.

more to come?

:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
"Crazy lot" $150 (for charity) I teased this lot, but I don't think I ever posted it. This was one of the rare occasions where I didn't have time to go to the bank, so I didn't have enough money on me. I pulled all of this stuff early and he agreed to hold it for me. It was also for charity, so I felt bad trying to negotiate to get it cheaper.

The best part was getting the stink eye from my competition when I came back to the sale to pick up the rest of the lot. Especially when he saw me carrying the last two items to my car. ;)

I overpaid for this lot IMO, but it worked out in the end. I left out the non gaming stuff like some horror VHS tapes, Harry Potter hardcovers, SONY DVD player, Ice Cream maker (sealed), boardgames, etc. Overall there are 3 big boxes (18x18x12) that were filled like the first pic.

Non video games:

Games:

Highlights:

SEALED Nitro Intimidator Special Edition LEGO Racers

Minty:

Oh and these guys:

60GB and 120GB

The 60gb had previously been repaired, but has the red screen. The 120 GB was occasionally having trouble ejecting discs. I made an "infamous/killzone bundle" from this lot when AZ had a crazy TIV ($220+), so that paid for the entire lot.

more to come?

I'm sure that your competition would have lowballed them way more even if it was for charity. It went to the right home.

Slightly off topic, a friend of mine runs a charity yard sale (for Alzheimer's) every year and we do it at my house because I have a long flat driveway. We get lots of donations every year and it is a good way for me to get rid of some of my unwanted stuff. This year we made the yard sale "pay what you want". Anyone who showed up could name their own price, but I always followed up "pay what you want" with "but remember it's for charity". We probably had the least amount of donations this year, but also made the most that we ever had.

I realized that "pay what you want" sort of puts the buyer in an uncomfortable spot. They don't want to overpay, but they also don't want to go so low it's insulting. A lot of the veteran early birds didn't really know how to respond and I "negotiated" with one guy for about five minutes. We went back and forth with him saying "how much" and me saying "pay what you want".

I just thought I'd share a strange yard sale dynamic that I observed. Next year we will do the same thing and also advertise the sale as being "pay what you want" for everything all day long.

I'm actually going to retire from video game hunting in probably one more year if the trend stays the same or gets worse.
I did good collecting in the wild over the last 6 years. Till this day still haven't bought one video game on ebay.
My recent sega collection pickup I got was so extensive and good that I will at least slow my hunting down after my last score.

I don't see the point in spending too much time when you are content with your collection. Like PAT the NES punk has like a complete collection of everything but yet makes two types of videos. One called flea market madness. Then he does videos called scumbag reseller of the week calling people out. Kind of ironic when he should call himself out.

Every kid and their mom wants to nickel and dime video game flipping now like its pokemon holographics and beanie babies going to trade them at the hobby store for a buck.

My focus now is to get back to high high end bar-tending. Make money. Possibly go to college. I will go to flea markets occasionally after that like no more then once a month. Then when I have that kind of spending money I won't waste time hunting any more ill just go to ebay be selective in what I want and be done with it.

Garage sales and thrift stores will slowly dwindle down. I will still frequent them but not to the extent that I go out of my way just for them in the manner I would.

Going to start focusing that free time I use for hunting games, sitting on ebay all day refreshing things etc etc... to instead do things I enjoy more. Play more video games instead and go out and socialize more with people doing more out of home activities.

Not quitting gaming in the slightest but with the current trend I will try to focus on other priorities now.
Pat only gets extras of uncommon/rare NES games to trade for non-NES stuff at conventions or sell at discounted rates at conventions to pay his traveling/DVD production costs.

He also has a Patreon now that gives him a monthly stipend.

Pat only gets extras of uncommon/rare NES games to trade for non-NES stuff at conventions or sell at discounted rates at conventions to pay his traveling/DVD production costs.

He also has a Patreon now that gives him a monthly stipend.
You sound like you are making excuses for him by calling him a good reseller since he uses the funds for his traveling and DVD expenses.

A reseller is a reseller to me. I am one but I admit it and don't hide from the fact. I am a collector too. Pat is both but hides from one.

only 3 likes for the crazy lot?

0cd64e18de229bd1064157716c8d60fb8bed31d53d556f872707f71d47d85d4d.jpg

That's what happens when you use spoiler tags. :p

Very nice though, I know I'm jelly.

Also, about Pat the NES punk, he bought a game from me once on ebay, General Chaos for Genesis. I told my mom that when he was on Pawn Stars and she was super impressed. :lol:

Today's sales were okay. I spent at least 4 hours.

2 TI-84 plus calculators -$60 for both
A nice Nintendo 3ds carrying case with Kirby Super Star Ultra, Lego Harry Potter, and a crap game -$5
2 copies of Mario Party 8, midnight club 3 dub edition remix, cars(Xbox 360), and Jak X Combat Racing -$15 for all
Final Fantasy X2, Crash The wrath of cortex, monster rancher 3, and xenosaga episode 1 -$10 for all

All of the rest came from the same sale.
Genesis with 24 games(some decent games) -$40
Atari 2600 (4 switch) with cords, controllers, and 41 games-$40
NES with cords, controllers, and 28 games-$40

One of the games in the nes lot turned out to be worth a lot...Cowboy Kid...it sells for $120.

Got some decent gaming purchases today

First sale had a PS3 slim for $15 and a Spectrum guitar for $5. The kids running it told me the PS3 worked fine, but I had a feeling there was something wrong and there was... kind of wish I would have plugged it in there. It turns on and turns back off after a few seconds. Seems to be a common issue for PS3 slims. Perhaps it'll be fixable.

tf8yYlw.jpg

At another sale I bought a Nintendo 64 and my first Sega Saturn console, and 1 game, for $16. They also had a good price on a PS2 and a bunch of games, but it has the flip top mod, which would mean I couldn't sell it on eBay if I ever decided to get rid of it. Logitech mouse was $2. Also bought a couple wii controllers with motion plus for $5.

YeXAMRl.jpg

Most likely that PS3 is red screen (meaning hardware failure). I wish I could find a cheap electric guitar. I bought a couple of pedals and I want to see what I can do!

So I had probably my best day in the last couple years. I went outside my normal area and that worked out rather well. (not terribly far, just about 15 minutes but in a direction I rarely go)

The first sale on my list advertised games but they had nothing but overpriced junk Wii games. They wanted 5-10 each for them and they were pure shovelware. They also had a completely busted Gamecube controller... there were a couple other sales in the neighborhood though and a few more supposed to open later. I asked an older guy (probably in his 70s) about games and he asked if I liked Sega. I said yes and he said he had a Sega system with a bunch of games but they were upstairs and he didn't have anyone to watch the sale to go find them. He asked if I would come back later and he'd set them aside because he had help coming in an hour or so. Usually I don't come back but there were 3 or 4 more sales supposedly opening in the next hour in the area and I knew my route was going to take me back only about 5 minutes from here so I said sure. More on that in a minute.

A few minutes down the row I found a stack of PS1 games, a few disc only and most complete. $10.00 for all 7.

Clock Tower is obviously the find here. The discs are in great shape.

A few sales further down the road I find a sale and as I walk up I see this view:

I imagine that originally slid into something but if so it's long gone. No matter though as when I looked inside I see:

Mario Kart and Mario World are always welcome for flips. I don't have many of the others either, glad to finally get Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Without even asking she says she's only asking $3.00 for the lot because she can't find the cords so doesn't know if it works... SOLD. The system is in rough shape, very yellowed with some pieces missing but will likely work. Even better, two nice controllers and a mouse. Plus for some reason an Eyetoy for PS2, ha ha.

There were a couple of pawn shops nearby I never get to because I don't get this way often. Very glad I stopped as I grabbed:

and

Etrian Odyssey 3 was $9.99 and the only solid game the first place had. Patapon 3 was $7.99 (the 3rd is kind of rare in physical form, Sony distributed a lot of cases with download vouchers), Gauntlet was $1.99 and SNL Season 4 was $3.99.

I then headed back towards the guy with the Genesis stuff and when I got the neighborhood there were a few other houses that had opened up. I hit one and asked about games and he said no at first. When I mentioned old Nintendo though he went inside and came back with a box with these in it:

Not a lot of treasures but Yoshi's Island will be a nice flip and Tournament Fighters is a cool one I needed. Said his kids looked through them real quick and grabbed out the ones they still play so there were probably some other good ones but oh well, still glad to get these. $1.00 each though wouldn't do $10.00 for the lot, so gave him $11.00.

My final score of the day was the guy with the Genesis games. I hit probably 10 more sales after that but didn't find anything worth grabbing. (a few eh items I might have grabbed if I was having a rough day, like a GBA SP in terrible shape for $10.00 that they wouldn't come down on, but nothing I felt like dealing with) He comes down with the Genesis and like 30 games. Lots of sports but a fair amount that aren't too. A few other commons I almost grabbed but they were very common cheap titles and he was not budging on price much. He wanted $100.00 for everything or 5 per game. I grabbed these 6 (not sure why I grabbed X-Men... I didn't have it yet though, ha ha so I figured why not). He offered to do $25.00 for the 6, I offered $20.00 and he agreed to $21.00 or $3.50 each. For the titles I'm cool with that.

Battletoads is missing the manual. Double Dragon is pretty rough, but still all at least somewhat pricey titles. I was cool with $21.00 for those though after paying $3.00 for that entire SNES lot it felt like a fortune, haha.

Most likely that PS3 is red screen (meaning hardware failure). I wish I could find a cheap electric guitar. I bought a couple of pedals and I want to see what I can do!
I find cheap electric guitars all the time. I bought all 3 of these last year. They were around $65 altogether I believe. I still haven't learned how to play them yet lmao. Debating if I want to start with bass or guitar...

2YTAuoQ.jpg

It was not. I know very well what they go for but this thing was ROUGH. Screen was crazy scratched, system had gouges in it. No games but it did power on but it was in bad shape. I'd have been shocked if I could sell it for 30, would have likely had to come down a bit and while it wasn't terrible, I just didn't want to deal with it. I tried to get them to take 5 but they wouldn't bite and I didn't feel like paying that for it in this shape.

Thanks, felt pretty great about the Clock Tower, ha ha. The rest of the day was pretty awesome but that was definitely the best piece.

I find cheap electric guitars all the time. I bought all 3 of these last year. I still haven't learned how to play them yet lmao. Debating if I want to start with bass or guitar...

CbMGOaf.jpg
The only guitars I find around here are First Act, and they usually want about $75 for them which is not much lower than you can get them for new.

Picked up a Washburn Taurus T-14 bass for $100 a few years ago. Not great, not bad. Took a few lessons from Billy Sheehan on Youtube then parked it in the corner where it collects dust. I picked up Rocksmith to get to play it more and I haven't touched it either.

I hit about 40 sales this weekend. One family brought out some wii/GC games and I bought all of them. Nothing amazing, but they were $1 each.

Went out on Friday instead of Saturday because we had the first sale of the year to specifically list games.

Ended up only being out like an hour before we were out of money for the week.

First sale was the one the specifically posted games and systems.

Got a PS2 fat with both cords, 2 first party controllers (Black DS2 and Clear DS1), 2 Logitech Wireless controllers, memory card, and a handful of games, THPS3 on PS1, Action Bass Fishing on PS1, DBZ Budokai, American Idol and Spyhunter. Also got  a Gamecube with the cords, no controllers, no games or anything and 4 CIB DS Games, Mario Party DS, Nintendogs Chihuahua, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen and Godzilla Unleashed Double Smash. Paid 30$ for everything, probably shouldn't have got some of it but I don't think I lost out too bad.

Around 20 minutes later I missed a sale that had a PS2 that she sold for 5$ and a DS that sold for 10$, and I can almost guarantee the DS had Pokemon games with it. That one hurt.

20 minutes after that found the next find and then I was done for the day. Found a sale where the lady was just wanting rid of stuff. She had totes of DVD's and games, got a stack of PS2 stuff, a 360 game and a couple movies for 10$ total. PS2 games were Lego Batman, Sonic Mega Collection Plus, Jak and Daxter, Lego Star Wars, Midnight Club 3 DuB Edition Remix, TMNT, and Pac Man World 2, the 360 game was Just Dance 4 and the Movies were the Lion King 1 and 1/2, some cool slipcover version, and a sealed Hangover Part 2 Blu Ray DVD Combo pack.

15kUc0q.jpg

ky35YUg.jpg

Went to about 10 sales this morning. Ended up finding these at a sale I got to 45 min after it open. No mention of games in the ad (I rarely go to sales that advertise games anymore unless there are other things I'm interested in. To many people pounce on these and I cant/dont want to compete while also hauling around a 1 year old.)

[attachment=15211:IMG_5811.JPG]

Paid $50 for the 360 and $6 for the kinect and games. Very happy about this find. Going to take it to best buy tomorrow and trade in towards an xbox one for our bedroom. Also came with a wireless dongle. The controller was beat up but I'll give it a good cleaning and trade it in as well.

[attachment=15212:IMG_5812.JPG]

Found these at the same sale. Gameboy advance with 5 games $6

Gameboy color with 4 games $6

Not games but I couldn't resist more bobble heads for our fridge

[attachment=15213:IMG_5816.JPG]

I think the only way I'll compete with these finds is, for the rest of the summer, pretending I don't find any other game stuff. Then, on the last Saturday of the season here, I'll 'stumble' on a busy yard sale where for some reason nobody but me sees a mountain of games for $10.

Seriously though, folks in this thread have been finding some awesome gaming items. As for me, my only gaming find of the weekend was.

$2 Resident Evil 3 for PS1

Aside from that, I bought a lot of shotgun/rifle shell reloading gear. Paid $90, probably have $700 worth of stuff.

I had a good day today. I was behind my competition at the first sale, so I switched gears and got in front of them. I was told that I was the 3rd person to ask about video games today at one of the early sales. I decided to change my route and it paid off. I got a shitload of skylanders for $5, A stack of wii games for $5, and a ton of DS games as well as a few genny games.

For some reason I got about 100 different free media cases for various items (games, DVDs, CDs, etc at several sales.

If you guys have the likes, I got the pics. ;)

I could've probably grabbed a bag of skylanders figures for 5$ at the sale where I missed the PS2 and DS, but I don't know anything about them, I'd guess it was 15-20 figures in there.

I could've probably grabbed a bag of skylanders figures for 5$ at the sale where I missed the PS2 and DS, but I don't know anything about them, I'd guess it was 15-20 figures in there.
Totally worth picking up that many figures for $5 I stay away from them because I still have my own personal set that I need to sell.

Looks like people had really good game luck this week.

I did okay, but not really with games.

1st Sale: I made a mistake of not checking all the cases. Wii w/ a bunch of games for 20 bucks. Sadly Mario Bros for WiiU was not in the case. It also had Mario Kart Wii, WiiSports, Wii Sports Resort and like 10 more. Not a big issue, just like a doh. I got ahead of myself after checking most of them out and didn't notice that the wrong discs was in that case.

2nd Sale:

Probably the find of the day was a Tascam audio recorder for $2. Looking online it looks like it is worth like $150 as long as it work. It powers on and stuff, but I don't know any way to test out all the functions. Maybe hope for the best and say it works when I sell it hah.

3rd Sale:

VCR - $2. Missed somesort of "Nintendo" earlier.

4th Sale:

Few sealed Disney DVDs and VCR for $2.

5th sale:

$7 - microcassete recorder and a Camcorder with all the connection, battery charger, new tape, etc.

6th sale:

$20 nice corner book case/shelf. Going to be put a few of my statues on there that I haven't had a place for yet.

Though this weekend didn't have much in terms of video games - the other stuff should pay off. I'm always trying to widen up what I look for so I don't feel bad on non-gaming days. VCRs recently I've been able to sell for like 25 each + shipping so I grabbed these. If they start hanging around I will probably just stop picking them up though.

Never knew a VCR is worth anything. Flea markets I go to people throw them in the trash.

I usually never even look into them because they just take up space and selling online with fees and shipping isn't practical when its just a VCR that anyone can get anywhere for very cheap. It would have to be some special VCR capable of doing more then just playing VHS tapes.

Round 2 this weekend, had literally the quickest turnaround ever when I listed the PS2 I found yesterday bundled up with some games and 2 DS2S, so I was able to hit a few sales on the way back from the deal and score a ton of good stuff for being saturday after 2PM.

First, I pulled up to a small little sale with a nice older lady running it, the only thing technology related was a really old wireless keyboard and a super nice LCD monitor. I picked up the monitor for 7$, works awesome, I'm using it right now. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 216BW. Apparently they go for at least 100$ used, and this one is in damn near perfect condition, it's going to take some getting used to since I was using a 16" Acer monitor for the last 6 years.

We were headed home through the small town I live just outside of and decided to stop when we saw some signs, it was like 3:20 at this point, and the sale didn't look too promisingbut we got out anyway, we try to never skip sales. Spotted out of the corner of my eye an Indigo SP in a tote under a table. Pulled it out and found the first SP, pretty beat up, like 2 games with it, and then pulled out a zipper case that ended up having a pretty damn nice condition original DS inside. both work.

After finding those, we ask the mom if she has anything else to go with them, she goes inside and returns with a wall charger and somewhere along the lines found the 2nd Indigo SP, that kind of threw me off, it's in better shape, and works as well. She also found a case with a couple moore GBA games and MLB for the DS. I ask if they have anything console related and she says her son has a 360 that is kinda finicky on the disc drive, I say I'll look at it still. It's a fat white 360 HDMI model, has the power cable, and also has the Halo 3 model HDD on it and a single band Wifi Adapter. She asks her son how much for it and he says 3$.

After agreeing to buy everything, I ask one last time if there are any games for the Xbox, or anything else. Her son runs in and grabs a stack of stuff they didn't take to Gamestop, I picked out Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Blitz and Fifa Street for 10$ total.

After that her older son brings out a CIB Xbox 360 slim 4GB with a kinect and Blue Chrome controller.

I tried 78$ for everything since that's what I had, but wasn't able to get the Slim thrown in on the deal.

Somewhere along the line, the mom insisted I take the DVD's, she just gave them to me.

So, I end up with 2 Indigo SPs, an Original DS, some meh games for both of those, A working, but finicky 360 with a 20GB HDD, a 360 Wifi adapter, a stack of DVD's and 3 good 360 games for 40$ total. Not bad AT ALL in my book. Especially since I've been hunting for 2 years now and these are the first SP's I've been able to get!

sM4N9gf.jpg

Round 2 this weekend, had literally the quickest turnaround ever when I listed the PS2 I found yesterday bundled up with some games and 2 DS2S, so I was able to hit a few sales on the way back from the deal and score a ton of good stuff for being saturday after 2PM.

First, I pulled up to a small little sale with a nice older lady running it, the only thing technology related was a really old wireless keyboard and a super nice LCD monitor. I picked up the monitor for 7$, works awesome, I'm using it right now. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 216BW. Apparently they go for at least 100$ used, and this one is in damn near perfect condition, it's going to take some getting used to since I was using a 16" Acer monitor for the last 6 years.

We were headed home through the small town I live just outside of and decided to stop when we saw some signs, it was like 3:20 at this point, and the sale didn't look too promisingbut we got out anyway, we try to never skip sales. Spotted out of the corner of my eye an Indigo SP in a tote under a table. Pulled it out and found the first SP, pretty beat up, like 2 games with it, and then pulled out a zipper case that ended up having a pretty damn nice condition original DS inside. both work.

After finding those, we ask the mom if she has anything else to go with them, she goes inside and returns with a wall charger and somewhere along the lines found the 2nd Indigo SP, that kind of threw me off, it's in better shape, and works as well. She also found a case with a couple moore GBA games and MLB for the DS. I ask if they have anything console related and she says her son has a 360 that is kinda finicky on the disc drive, I say I'll look at it still. It's a fat white 360 HDMI model, has the power cable, and also has the Halo 3 model HDD on it and a single band Wifi Adapter. She asks her son how much for it and he says 3$.

After agreeing to buy everything, I ask one last time if there are any games for the Xbox, or anything else. Her son runs in and grabs a stack of stuff they didn't take to Gamestop, I picked out Tony Hawk's American Wasteland, Blitz and Fifa Street for 10$ total.

After that her older son brings out a CIB Xbox 360 slim 4GB with a kinect and Blue Chrome controller.

I tried 78$ for everything since that's what I had, but wasn't able to get the Slim thrown in on the deal.

Somewhere along the line, the mom insisted I take the DVD's, she just gave them to me.

So, I end up with 2 Indigo SPs, an Original DS, some meh games for both of those, A working, but finicky 360 with a 20GB HDD, a 360 Wifi adapter, a stack of DVD's and 3 good 360 games for 40$ total. Not bad AT ALL in my book. Especially since I've been hunting for 2 years now and these are the first SP's I've been able to get!

sM4N9gf.jpg
Haha, I just sold a Halo 3 Edition 360, but it had a vanilla hard drive on it.

Hey guys,

I found 2 very nice scores this weekend:

1.  Got an N64 bundle w/ the console, 4 controllers, bunch of memory cards/rumble paks and 15 boxed games.  All games are complete w/ manuals and cardboard inserts.  The games include Zelda Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Star Fox, a few Star Wars Games and some others.  I asked the guy how much for everything and he said $50.  We then settled on $45.

2.  My wife got a nice score that included 2 Wii consoles and a Gamecube console w/ all cords, controllers, remotes, etc.  Also included about 50 Skylanders/Disney Infinity Figures and about 20 total games.  The games include Super Smash GC, Super Smash Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Zelda Skyward Sword, Mario Party 9, Wii sports and about 10 more shovel wear Wii games.  The seller only wanted $50 and my wife paid it without haggling.

These were the best scores I've had this year and are in my top 5 all time.

Glad to start Garage sale season!  Good luck guys.

6-20-15

Here is the skylanders lot! I paid $10 total.

Maybe someone can let me know if I got any good ones. I know the green metallic one on the right is a 'variant'. You can click for bigger pictures ;)

more to come?

Another alright weekend, nothing fantastic but some good finds and some potential leads for the future.

Saturday

-First sale advertised Sega stuff, so I drove out early to check it out. It was a little impromptu flea market and it was just Sega sports games, but I picked up DOA 2 Hardcore for PS2 for $2.

-The next sale I tried to hit up wasn't starting until exactly 8am, so I hit up a few nearby ones. Got into a pleasant conversation with an older woman and we talked about life and family and stuff. It turned out to be a really nice way to kill 20 minutes or so. She might have some games stored away somewhere, and she said she'd try to give me a call if she finds them.

-Went back to the first sale and picked up a Zapp Brannigan Space Ray in box for $1. They had games, but the mother was convinced they were worth way too much to sell at a yard sale. Best thing they had was Dark Cloud, so not too big a loss.

-Found a few shovelware Wii games at a sale. They were only $1 each so I grabbed them anyway.

-Hit a sale and asked about games and they brought out some Wii games and PS2. Grabbed Red Steel for $3 since I don't have it.

-At the sale where I grabbed Red Steel I ran into another yard saler and he mentioned he had a PS2 and XBox with some games he had picked up a while back but never touched, and he lived up the street. Followed him back to his place and picked up a PS2 and about 20 games for $20 (he couldn't find the XBox). Not amazing titles, but some good ones I didn't have yet. Plus, turns out he's a voice professor at at Morgan State University and my wife has been looking for a new voice teacher, so potential good score for my wife, too!

Sunday

-Hit up a sale in downtown in Baltimore and found my best find of the weekend. Got everything below for $35, and they have an NES and games packed away that they'll hopefully call me about in a bit.

6-20-15 2 of 2

You thought I was done with 2 pics?! Nah man. All of this is going to SLOWfest, which is a convention I have in my condo for gamergirls. Last year we broke our record with 1 attendee other than staff. ;)

Lego Stuff. Large games were $1 each, Other two were $3 for the pair, and the bin of "girls LEGOs" were $3. Never mind the 20lbs hex dumbell...That is for warm ups. 8-[

Top row are the women I admire. Alyssa Milano, Audry Hepburn, Sarah Brightman, Norah Jones. All DVDs were 50 cents each, except the Simpsons season and the blus were $1 each.

$5 bucks total. So happy to finally find some "move" stuff in the wild.

more to come...

6-20-15

Here is the skylanders lot! I paid $10 total.

Maybe someone can let me know if I got any good ones. I know the green metallic one on the right is a 'variant'. You can click for bigger pictures ;)

more to come?

I only know of two Skylanders that are worth money - Hot Dog and Ghost Roaster. I don't see either in your pics. Most other valuable Skylanders are obvious variants (glow in the dark, flocked, metallic, etc.). The vast majority of Skylanders aren't worth much.

Landed this for five dollars. They couple hosting the yard sale had games for both systems, but couldn't locate them, so they gave both consoles to me for five dollars total. Both work, so it wasn't a bad score. Hoping I hear back about the games soon.

19138864656_9b7ba49e45_z.jpg

Here's my finds today.

N64 games were $2 each. Mario Paint was $2 as well. 3DS was $50!

xAP0erC.jpg

World of Warcraft wrath of the lich king collectors edition x 2, $10 total. No game discs or codes, but still a good deal.

bpnArWR.jpg

Redbox: Try any game FREE for a day, like the epic Elder Scrolls Online, with promo code: ??????? Expires 6/26/15.

GONE

Today is kind of a sad day. This morning was probably the last time I'll go to yard sales with this car. I plan on trading it in this weekend for a newer Accord. I've been using for yard sales ever since I started going to them regularly over 5 years ago. It's been running pretty well still. Only broke down one time while garage sale shopping! I loved being able to fit big items in here like a hockey table or a stationary bike. My new accord won't have as much space but a decent amount at least.

oY38eTk.jpg

Here's my finds today.

N64 games were $2 each. Mario Paint was $2 as well. 3DS was $50!

xAP0erC.jpg
World of Warcraft wrath of the lich king collectors edition x 2, $10 total. No game discs or codes, but still a good deal.

bpnArWR.jpg
I don't play WoW, but I love those Collector's Editions. Good find for $5 each!

Redbox: Try any game FREE for a day, like the epic Elder Scrolls Online, with promo code: ??????? Expires 6/26/15.

First person to quote this I will PM the code.
Did you find the code at a garage sale? :)

I had another exceptional finds day today. Though both days were full of strange experiences.

storytime:

Yesterday I had a couple of nature sightings I wasn't expecting. I was in a woodsy area of town and I saw what I thought was a duck or goose in a 2 ft pothole that was filled with water. As I got closer I saw it was a hawk. He looked at me, then flew up into a nearby tree. It was just strange that he let me get that close. I wonder if I interrupted his meal...

When I made a deal with a guy on a decent lot, I had to make a run to the bank. I was on a major suburban road and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was a big dog running into the street. Turns out is was a deer and it was "coming right for us!" It came across my side of the yellow line (to indicate how close to my door it was, not that it wasn't obeying traffic laws ;) ) and at the last second before impact it turned around and backtracked a few feet. I was able to come to a complete stop and another driver at a stop sign saw the deer, so we both stopped traffic until it crossed to my side of the street. I'm used to seeing deer but this one was really tall. I'm pretty sure it was at least 5 ft tall including its head (no antlers).

---

Today I had a couple strange experiences with people. I was "picking" at a garage sale that was mostly old damaged stuff. I asked about video games just in case they had an old atari or something. One of the 3 ladies asked if I was a gamer and I told her yes. She then asked if I play WoW and I explained that I like blizzard games, but I've never tried WoW. Then her daughter came over and told me I should start playing and join their alliance. Turns out all 3 of them go to blizzcon. It was just a little odd to have women in their 50s-70s talking about video games. One day I'll be the old guy doing the same, I guess.

My last experience was with a woman who told me to come into her house. (One of these days I am going to end up chained to a wall.) She was dressed kinda skanky and asked me if I would be interested in her bed. I said no thank you and then she asked about her ping pong table. At this point it dawned on me that she was either drunk or on something and that she was probably trying to seduce me. I reminded her that she mentioned video games and she said "I have a playstation." She then takes out a priority box with a loose console only 360 fat that was graphite/dark metallic in color (not sure which one that is). She kept saying it is brand new and her daughter spent $150 on it. I politely declined and thanked her. She then kept pestering me and said come on give me something for it or I'll just throw it away. I said, well to keep it out of the garbage I'd pay $5 for it. She then said, no. give me $20 for it. I politely declined again and thanked her again and she kept pestering me to buy it for $20. I explained I have no way to test it and she went back into the "it's brand new speech". I explained it is missing the harddrive, controller, all the hookups, etc and politely declined. She then said my daughter wanted to keep it, and I said that is probably for the best. She may be upset if you sell it and I began to leave. She then said "Fine! I'll just throw it out. I am a bitch like that!" At this point I am outside and she says " fuck You!, You should give me $20", I then turned around more so in confusion, than trying to be a jerk and she said "I didn't mean to say that. I'm sorry." I said "no problem, have a nice day" and I left. I decided ok, I've had enough for today. lol

Wow... lol, glad I avoided that one...

I got dragged into an old lady's house today too but it worked out for me. One of my only scores today. I went to 52 sales and only bought something at 3 of them. Two of my scores were solid but nothing amazing.

The sale I got dragged into was my 17th sale of the day and I hadn't bought anything. Lady said she had some old Atari but it was behind some stuff and asked me to help pull it out. Turns out it was an SNES. It's complete and in nice shape (could use a wipe down but the only yellowing is a little bit around the controller ports) and the controller is nice. Only games were Madden and Star Trek Deep Space Nine. She said she was sure she had more games somewhere but couldn't' find them... asked how much and she said 10, I countered at 7 which was quickly accepted.

About 5 sales later I hit a house and I see a copy of Pokemon Crystal just sitting out. It was after 10:30 and I figured it was overpriced but he said 2.00 which I quickly accepted. The battery sadly doesn't save but I should still be able to make a nice profit on it. I asked if he had anything else and he said he had some Sega games but didn't think anyone would want them. He pulled them out. There were about 15 but the rest were all sports. Grabbed Mortal Kombat, Castle of Illusion, Tale Spin and Ariel the Little Mermaid. He said 6.00 for them and the Pokemon which I accepted. Mortal Kombat is complete, the rest are cartridge/case only. Last but not least he said he thought he knew where a bunch of N64 games were but after 5 minutes came back saying he could only find 2 sports games and a controller. He offered me the controller for 1.00 more which I took. The stick is in great shape.

About 10 sales later I stumble on some Wii games, mostly crap but there was Sonic Colors. She wouldn't come off 5.00 for it but I didn't have it and it was a slow day so I took it. Annoyed that I overpaid but it isn't a terrible price and it is complete.

Actually did stumble on a sale with a TON of games at one point. I mean probably 200 or more for Genesis, PS2, PS1, Xbox, a couple Gamecube, SNES, NES, the works. Unfortunately except for the PS2 and Xbox they were almost all sports. He wanted 5.00 each per game which doesn't seem terrible but there was nothing worth more than about that, he was clearly a dealer and knew what he had. There were a few that were worth more like 6-10 (and I mean few, like probably 4-5 in the 200 games) but nothing amazing and on checking most of them were in awful shape. i tried to bundle up like 8 okay titles for 20 but he wasn't having it so I just passed.

Those WoW Collector's Editions are really nice. I, too, no longer play the game. In fact, I have not played since the end of Burning Crusade. However, Warcraft is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and Vanilla WoW is quite possibly my absolute favorite game of all time.

I would really love to own all the CE's for WoW, as though I feel the game has fallen from grace in its expansions, I still fucking adore the Warcraft franchise as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back