The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that today was hot and what I thought to be a complete waste of time. I had hit up 2 church sales and 3 neighborhood sales with around 20-30 sales total. Out of all of these sales these were all i had found. I dont even just look for video games but man there was just zip zilch that i wanted to buy.

Paid $1.50 for these 3
[attachment=15338:FullSizeRender(2).jpg]

Drove to my 4th neighborhood sale of the day completly planning on heading to a friends house so my son could play for awhile since he has been in the car all morning. It was already almost 1pm
Drove past one sale and thought I saw some game cases drove by again just to make sure. (Its such a hassle to get your kid out of the car seat if there's nothing good at a sale and boy I'd done that enough today already)
I'm so glad that I stopped at this sale. I got a 3ds and all of these games for $100

[attachment=15339:IMG_5967.JPG]

Also picked up some new 360 games for $3 each Xbox game for $1 and Jedi Mickey Figure for $5
[attachment=15340:IMG_5968.JPG]

Also went a couple blocks down and picked up a very nice score of DVDs. Got all of them for $58
[attachment=15341:IMG_5970.JPG]

[attachment=15342:IMG_5971.JPG]

This is why I dont quit early.These 2 sales made my whole day. I still cant believe all of it was sitting around at 1 in the afternoon and fairly priced.

Those WoW Collector's Editions are really nice. I, too, no longer play the game. In fact, I have not played since the end of Burning Crusade. However, Warcraft is one of my favorite franchises of all time, and Vanilla WoW is quite possibly my absolute favorite game of all time.

I would really love to own all the CE's for WoW, as though I feel the game has fallen from grace in its expansions, I still fucking adore the Warcraft franchise as a whole.
Love the WoW collector's editions. Vanilla Wow is what got me back into PC gaming. I only occasionally play now. no time with a toddler running around. I have all of the collectors editions except this last expansion. Talked myself out of it. Though if I can find it cheap enough i may have to get it since I have all the others =D

[attachment=15343:IMG_5973.JPG]

Had a late short day today, didn't want to get up at 8 since I worked 15 hours yesterday.

Found some decent stuff for not starting till 10.

First finds were the guitar, an Epiphone Les Paul with the little Marshall amp for 10$, couldn't pass that up. Also got a little bottle jack from the same sale for 5$.

Next found the random PS2 extension cable laying out, they had already sold the rest of the game stuff last year. Paid 1$.

Next was a little school rummage sale, picked up Trauma Center: Second Opinion on the Wii for 3$.

Then I got the crash plush and Megaman figure for 1.50$

Last sale had the most stuff, got the Fallout Lunchbox, from the Fallout 3 special edition I think, has the artbook inside, nothing else. Also got the Spore Galactic Edition complete and very nice, The Sublime and Genesis CD's were from there too, 5$ for all of it.

j3qev03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The dent in the lunch box seems kinda fitting.  Nice finds!

With all the rain we had yesterday I figured there would still be flooding and no sales.  Got up at 10:30 and there were the second most sales I've seen so far this year and I still had some decent finds despite the late start.  Pics and stories to come after Slowdive catches up on his posts.

Good day today. Pleased with my haul.

[attachment=15362:IMG_4515.JPG]

This was an unadvertised sale right in my neighborhood. Was looking through the games and they said, "oh, those go with the console," so I asked how much. $2. Paid without haggling. All cables and one controller, plus the games, an RF adapter, and an adapter for more memory card slots with one card in it. (One of the cases had an extra game in it but it was just another golf game.) The door that's meant to cover the console's disc drive is missing, but no big deal.

Also from this sale I got about ten DVDs and a cake pan, another $3 there.

Cat not included.  :lol:

[attachment=15363:IMG_4516.JPG]

This was at another sale. $10 for everything, plus a Narnia DVD I didn't include in the picture. The discs in the sleeves are Neverwinter Nights 2 for PC, and that binder has easily over 100 Pokemon cards in it. I haven't looked at all the cards yet, but there are some rares and a good mix of English and Japanese.

[attachment=15364:IMG_4517.JPG]

The Nintendo Power magazines were $2 for all three. The dolls were from a different sale (hope no one minds me posting non-gaming related finds). They're a high-quality set that retails for about $125 new. Wanted $10 and I paid it without haggling.

Today's sales were pleasing. This is more than I've found in a while.

The dent in the lunch box seems kinda fitting. Nice finds!

With all the rain we had yesterday I figured there would still be flooding and no sales. Got up at 10:30 and there were the second most sales I've seen so far this year and I still had some decent finds despite the late start. Pics and stories to come after Slowdive catches up on his posts.
Go for it! I try to leave at least 6 hours between posts in the thread if I do post. I try not to "cock block' other peoples finds (only if they do it to me ;)). I'll probably post tomorrow afternoon or Monday depending on how much light I get to take pics...and depending on how dead the thread is. I may try to post on tuesdays/wednesdays going forward to keep the thread active in down times. I also try not to double post, but I probably think about this stuff too much. My ex-gf told me I always over-think everything and that I worry about things that others don't even consider. Obviously, I haven't corrected my behavior. :oops: :whee:

Today's find was simple, really .I walked up to the garage. Saw what I wanted, paid money, and got the goods. And thank goodness they had the launcher disc.

$20 (all the games are complete except LotR) I also got a few other games that are still in the car (LoZ Collector's is one of them)

Booted up the gamecube and was mildly disappointed... the memory card has save files for Skies of Arcadia & Twilight Princess. I've been hoping to find Skies of Arcadia for awhile now... been on a retro RPG kick lately.

Also got an N64 with two good controllers and Mario Party 2 for $20 at a sale yesterday.

Go for it! I try to leave at least 6 hours between posts in the thread if I do post. I try not to "cock block' other peoples finds (only if they do it to me ;)). I'll probably post tomorrow afternoon or Monday depending on how much light I get to take pics...and depending on how dead the thread is. I may try to post on tuesdays/wednesdays going forward to keep the thread active in down times. I also try not to double post, but I probably think about this stuff too much. My ex-gf told me I always over-think everything and that I worry about things that others don't even consider. Obviously, I haven't corrected my behavior. :oops: :whee:
I tend to post in bunches and I also try to avoid the weekend. I figure it can be some catch up reading for regulars before they post for the next weekend.

Today's find was simple, really .I walked up to the garage. Saw what I wanted, paid money, and got the goods. And thank goodness they had the launcher disc.

$20 (all the games are complete except LotR) I also got a few other games that are still in the car (LoZ Collector's is one of them)

Booted up the gamecube and was mildly disappointed... the memory card has save files for Skies of Arcadia & Twilight Princess. I've been hoping to find Skies of Arcadia for awhile now... been on a retro RPG kick lately.

Also got an N64 with two good controllers and Mario Party 2 for $20 at a sale yesterday.
Surprised you even checked the memory card the same day you got it. I'm lucky if I manage to take pics on the first day of my findings.

Surprised you even checked the memory card the same day you got it. I'm lucky if I manage to take pics on the first day of my findings.
I usually don't, but I had a few N64s to test and a few Gamecube games I resurfaced to try. I've been Gamecube-less for a few months and my Wii doesn't read them like it used to.

attachicon.gif
IMG_4517.JPG

The Nintendo Power magazines were $2 for all three. The dolls were from a different sale (hope no one minds me posting non-gaming related finds). They're a high-quality set that retails for about $125 new. Wanted $10 and I paid it without haggling.

Today's sales were pleasing. This is more than I've found in a while.
I always like to see non gaming finds. Its fun to see what else people come across. I try and ad a few photos of non gaming stuff that might be of interest to everyone here as well.

What brand are those dolls?

Today was another hot day except I didn't have to wait until the end of the day to find some good items. Went to several small neighborhood sales, a couple cul de sac/block sales and one fundraising sale

Picked up all of these games and Ps2 at one sale Paid $1 for each game and $2 for the fat PS2 and controller

[attachment=15368:IMG_5988.JPG]

That's all I really found for games today. I did find lots of great toys.

Yoda was $5, small Pappo figures where .50 each (such a steal, the are at least $10 new) Love the dragon one, Transformer $1, Xena Doll $1, Big Jim outfit .50

[attachment=15369:IMG_5989.JPG]

My best find of the day came from a sale that had a ton of stuff out but if you were just glancing it looked like junk and old computer parts.. My hubby and I were joking that it was probably just a bunch of old lady stuff and over priced outdated computer parts. A lot of it was but I spied a couple of bins of Toys underneath a table. Mostly Power Rangers but probably some other stuff. I got both bins for $30. I probably wont get around to really sorting the lot out and seeing what is missing parts until this winter. But here are a few photos I took .

[attachment=15370:IMG_5991.JPG]

[attachment=15371:IMG_5992.JPG]

[attachment=15372:IMG_5993.JPG]

[attachment=15373:FullSizeRender.jpg]

I always like to see non gaming finds. Its fun to see what else people come across. I try and ad a few photos of non gaming stuff that might be of interest to everyone here as well.

I like seeing them as well, but most of what other people post is games, so I hold off most of the time. Nice set of toys you got there, though!

The dolls are American Girl brand. Ridiculously expensive at retail but very good quality. (I spent a lot of time paging through their catalogs as a kid.)

Today was another hot day except I didn't have to wait until the end of the day to find some good items. Went to several small neighborhood sales, a couple cul de sac/block sales and one fundraising sale

Picked up all of these games and Ps2 at one sale Paid $1 for each game and $2 for the fat PS2 and controller

attachicon.gif
IMG_5988.JPG
MX vs. ATV Untamed is a great one, the 360 version is definitely the best game in the entire series.

I made a poll in the past and people did want to see non-gaming finds, but I wasn't sure if the thread readers have changed, so I haven't pushed the issue. I'm personally open to whatever because there is always more to learn. I did get some 80s toys this weekend, so I will add them into the post. ;)

Flea market pickup today Sunday 6/28 2015 at about 10am eastern time. Sunny with a chance of rain. ( It did rain a little.)

For $37.50 $2.50 atm fees because my monkey self didn't bring enough cash else all this was $35[attachment=15379:IMAG0306.jpg]

The guy that had all those games had like 5 PS1 wresting games and all these games were in a cd case that I happen to pick up and flip though and see a whack ton of rpgs I was like dam they must know what they have. Try to make bulk offers with the guy and he keeps refusing. I got insulted when he asked for the shoes of my feet to make a two dollar difference on one of the games. Was really pissed. Went to atm got cash. Spoke to the guy again wanted $15 each wresting game and $5 for the others.

Said he didn't want bulk offers he hold off longer he just put them out. Said he didn't want to get beat up on the prices not knowing what he has. Then after spending $35 he's happy and says he will cut be better deals next time. I grinned in the back of my head.

Lets just say blade was going to castrate him.

Missed a $20 SNES with controller and cables and a few other games but I couldn't leave myself too broke.

I made a poll in the past and people did want to see non-gaming finds, but I wasn't sure if the thread readers have changed, so I haven't pushed the issue. I'm personally open to whatever because there is always more to learn. I did get some 80s toys this weekend, so I will add them into the post. ;)
Only thing I wouldn't care to see are stuff like clothes, personally. I voted back then though.

Finally had a non raining (for the most part) weekend! Here's what I ended up with from the past couple weeks:

19033529800_9fc8173c35_b.jpg

This sale had a LOT of games but most were priced according to eBay. However, I came across a couple that were reasonable and picked up Yoshi's Island DS and Mario Party DS for $5 for the pair

19195102866_8520d09b1d_b.jpg

My first Amiibo found in the wild! I asked this guy if he had any game and he said he had a figure that came with Mario Party but they didn't use it. He brought it out and it was the Super Mario Amiibo from the Super Mario Bros Series. He said he only wanted $2.50 for it as well. SOLD!

18600673763_2eb6fd722a_b.jpg

Here was a nice find. I pulled up to this sale and it was HUGE! after looking a little, my son found this tote that had a Mario game on the top of it. So we looked through it a little more and found there was quite a bit in there. I talked to the lady running the sale and asked what she would sell the whole tote for. After a little bit of back and forth, we finally settled on $12 for everything. Here's some notable mentions of what was in there:

Fat PS2 with 2 controllers
Mario Pinball Land
Warcraft books
Cheat Code books
Lot of complete and loose DVDs
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PSP
Bigs 2 360
Mario Strikers GameCube
Wario Ware GameCube
Spryo Hero's Tail PS2
Call of Duty 3
Huge bag of cassette tapes
VideoNow player

For $12 I am pretty pleased with myself.

19050446500_b4486841c6_b.jpg

This sale was one I didn't think I was going to make a deal at. Immediately I pull up and see the CubeWorld stuff. My son and I think it's neat so I picked it up. After seeing a few games for sale, I asked if they had anything older. After a couple minutes they brought out a huge stack of about 30 N64 games. I start talking to the folks trying to get a feel for what they would take. I started off by offering $40 for the stack since it was all I had on me but they said no and finally came to a price of $5 per game. So I picked up:

Super Smash Bros 64 (x3)
Mario Party 3
Mario Kart 64
5 CubeWold cubes

Ended up bundling all of it together for $25

I'm sure I say this every year a few times - but this was one of the worst weekends ever lol.

Went to about 25 sales (with some being multi-family ones or neighborhood sales).

$2

Cadoo the board game - for my sister

$3

Bag of 90's and 00's My Little Pony stuff and some kind of dance studio thing. I will have to check it out value wise and add to some other Pony things Iv'e sold. I generally pick up ponies whenever since older collector's want the vintage ones, people want the new ones for kids, and then Bronies so there is a pretty good market for them.

$3

Gameboy color with Bust-A-Move 4. Just laying out there by itself in the open. No other game stuff, but the guy thought there might be some more. Left my number.

$5

Mario Kart Wii and Wii Sports Resort. - asked about games and they brought out a bunch and picked these two out.

That was it for yard saling. So very very very rough day.

Strangely enough I happened to go to a Goodwill we went by and found Battlefront 2 for the Xbox in very good condition along with some sealed Nickelodeon DVDs. That softened the blow a little. I was compeltely sure when I opened up the Battlefront 2 it was going to be empty, but it was there. Crazy.

Finally had a non raining (for the most part) weekend! Here's what I ended up with from the past couple weeks:

19033529800_9fc8173c35_b.jpg

This sale had a LOT of games but most were priced according to eBay. However, I came across a couple that were reasonable and picked up Yoshi's Island DS and Mario Party DS for $5 for the pair

19195102866_8520d09b1d_b.jpg

My first Amiibo found in the wild! I asked this guy if he had any game and he said he had a figure that came with Mario Party but they didn't use it. He brought it out and it was the Super Mario Amiibo from the Super Mario Bros Series. He said he only wanted $2.50 for it as well. SOLD!

18600673763_2eb6fd722a_b.jpg

Here was a nice find. I pulled up to this sale and it was HUGE! after looking a little, my son found this tote that had a Mario game on the top of it. So we looked through it a little more and found there was quite a bit in there. I talked to the lady running the sale and asked what she would sell the whole tote for. After a little bit of back and forth, we finally settled on $12 for everything. Here's some notable mentions of what was in there:

Fat PS2 with 2 controllers
Mario Pinball Land
Warcraft books
Cheat Code books
Lot of complete and loose DVDs
Star Wars Battlefront 2 PSP
Bigs 2 360
Mario Strikers GameCube
Wario Ware GameCube
Spryo Hero's Tail PS2
Call of Duty 3
Huge bag of cassette tapes
VideoNow player

For $12 I am pretty pleased with myself.

19050446500_b4486841c6_b.jpg

This sale was one I didn't think I was going to make a deal at. Immediately I pull up and see the CubeWorld stuff. My son and I think it's neat so I picked it up. After seeing a few games for sale, I asked if they had anything older. After a couple minutes they brought out a huge stack of about 30 N64 games. I start talking to the folks trying to get a feel for what they would take. I started off by offering $40 for the stack since it was all I had on me but they said no and finally came to a price of $5 per game. So I picked up:

Super Smash Bros 64 (x3)
Mario Party 3
Mario Kart 64
5 CubeWold cubes

Ended up bundling all of it together for $25
DANG!!! Amazing Finds.

Went out to garage sales for the first time in a while. 

Gaming related finds were:

- The Neverhood (Disc and Manual) - $.25  :hot:

- Dugeon Seige (Case and disc only) - $.50

- The Incredibles (Xbox) CIB - $1

- A Series of Unfortunate Events (PS2) CIB - $.50

- Simpsons Road Rage (PS2) CIB - $.50

- Playstation Move Controller - Brand New/Sealed - $2  :hot:

- Enchanted Arms (360) - CIB - $5

Other finds:

- John Cena WWE Championship Belt (Kids version) - $3 (my son was super excited about this)

- Crystal Skull Vodka Bottle (I've always wanted one of these, even though I've heard the vodka tastes like shit) - $5

- Size 7 7/8 KC Royals hat (all white) - $5 ... I was excited about this because I have a hard enough time finding hats at stores to fit my giant head

Had a crummy video game day, but was happy to find this:

19226913236_6301f19425_k.jpg

Looks and works like new (they let me try it out on site), and they only wanted $10. Done. Now all I need to do is find some eight track cassettes and I'm good to go. 

It was a very busy/wet weekend here in Baltimore, but I did manage to identify a sale with some gaming stuff. Everything below came from the same yard sale and was $40. Not pictured is a small box of early 2000s Magic cards. Best item out of the lot is probably the CiB Power Stone. Man, I love bringing home a whole box worth of stuff.

Man, this Saturday was probably my worst day (finding games wise) ever. Thank, goodness for Sunday! I paid $35.00 for all the GameCube and Xbox games. I think I'm seriously, going to start an Xbox collection (these games convinced me too, lol). Man, Shenmue 2's price rose up high lately as of, lately. I remember when it was like 12 bucks a while ago, lol. I paid $12 for the GBA games+Double Dragon and 50 cents for Wii Fit. My GBA collection has been growing stronger as of lately, lol!

[attachment=15414:Sunday finds.PNG]

Man, this Saturday was probably my worst day (finding games wise) ever. Thank, goodness for Sunday! I paid $35.00 for all the GameCube and Xbox games. I think I'm seriously, going to start an Xbox collection (these games convinced me too, lol). Man, Shenmue 2's price rose up high lately as of, lately. I remember when it was like 12 bucks a while ago, lol. I paid $12 for the GBA games+Double Dragon and 50 cents for Wii Fit. My GBA collection has been growing stronger as of lately, lol!

Sunday finds.PNG
Shenmue II was still $12 three weeks ago. Once the Kickstarter for Shenmue III went up prices on 1 + 2 soared.

I recently got a copy of Shenmue 2 (Xbox) at a garage sale for $4(almost complete; missing dvd) just to get my total purchase to an even $100. I had no idea that it was worth so much, so that was a nice surprise.

Shemue talk! Funny thing is that I picked up a Dreamcast console lot last weekend that included Shenmue 1. Same thing here...I couldn't believe how much it has shot up in value!

Yeah, man I found Shenmue Limited Edition (DC) a couple years ago. I don't know if it's complete or not. I still have it, found it after looking through my disc games' drawer. I finally decided to play it today and I'm currently looking for Charlie who has a tattoo, wears shades and hangs out near Knocking Motorcycle Shop, lol. The Shenmue II find made me want to finally, play through the series, tbh. I think I'm only missing the manual, right?

[attachment=15428:Shenmue Kranekin.PNG]

This is the $5 lot post. Each lot was $5! (all from last weekend)

First thing I found on Thursday. I hit a sale a hour early. I saw their sign was out, so I swung by. They were open and my nemesis was there. (I think this is the first time I've seen him this year).  He left and I asked about games. They went inside and brought this out marked $5. Normally I would pass on these, but I noticed GB are going higher than they used to.

This woman either worked for BB or at a record label (I can't remember). I always get good stuff at her sales. I know in the past I got box sets and rare CDs from her that I posted. I got a sealed Left of the Dial from her in the past, but I can't find the post/pics, but some of you might remember seeing it.

Blue Man Group is sealed and the 30 seconds to Mars has the t-shirt. I needed to upgrade my "Waiting for Guffman" from VHS to DVD. ;)

I asked about games and the mom said "no" after I clarified what I was looking for, one of her teenage girls said she has some "old DS games". I said I would be interested in seeing them and she brought these out. I asked how much she wants for them and she said: "I don't know. Free?" The mom then came over and said "You can't give them away!" and she started to sort through them saying "This is a good one. This one too..." So I jumped in and said, "I would feel bad getting them for free...How about a quarter each, so that would be $5." Both the mom and daughter were fine with the offer.

$5 total. 20 DS games.

Short and sweet. I finally got Diablo on PS1!!!

:bouncy:

more to come...(a couple big "retro" lots coming up) :joystick:

Seriously... the night Shenmue III was announced, I almost jumped on a complete copy for $35. The next day a complete copy was $80.
I'm kicking myself because I sold two copies in mid May at an anime convention for only $15 each. :(

Granted I never thought in a million years that Shenmue III would actually happen.

Yeah, man I found Shenmue Limited Edition (DC) a couple years ago. I don't know if it's complete or not. I still have it, found it after looking through my disc games' drawer. I finally decided to play it today and I'm currently looking for Charlie who has a tattoo, wears shades and hangs out near Knocking Motorcycle Shop, lol. The Shenmue II find made me want to finally, play through the series, tbh. I think I'm only missing the manual, right?

Shenmue Kranekin.PNG
You're missing two manuals - the game manual and the passport manual.

I'm pretty bitter about the Limited Edition of the game. It was a preorder exclusive at Electronics Boutique and they ran out before I got to pick up my copy. I finally got it years later (for $30 bucks, I think) and the soundtrack is pretty bad. It's just music from the in-game jazz lounges.

You're missing two manuals - the game manual and the passport manual.

I'm pretty bitter about the Limited Edition of the game. It was a preorder exclusive at Electronics Boutique and they ran out before I got to pick up my copy. I finally got it years later (for $30 bucks, I think) and the soundtrack is pretty bad. It's just music from the in-game jazz lounges.
Thanks, I guess I'll never find those two manuals (they seem too obscure). The music CD is pretty low watt, lol! Wow, I never knew it was such a limited release exclusively for EB games.

A couple more $5 lots:

Strange experience. These people had a dog that looked exactly like my first dog (from 20 years ago-he was put to sleep). He ran into the street to greet me and jumped up like he recognized me. I talked to the woman for a while and we had a similar experience where people think he is a Rottweiler, but he really is a lab mix with a Rott's coloration. I explained to the people having the sale that he resembled my old dog Duke and the lady said "His name is Duke too. That is so weird!" I'm still not entirely convinced he isn't a clone. :dunce:

I just picked up a disc only copy of Digimon 3 this weekend, but it's the GH version.
I might have the game, but my ps1 games are packed away.

I'm kinda glad this is a holiday weekend. There will probably be less sales. I need a break. I have a feeling there will be some 1 day popup sales because the weather is nice.

A couple more $5 lots:

Strange experience. These people had a dog that looked exactly like my first dog (from 20 years ago-he was put to sleep). He ran into the street to greet me and jumped up like he recognized me. I talked to the woman for a while and we had a similar experience where people think he is a Rottweiler, but he really is a lab mix with a Rott's coloration. I explained to the people having the sale that he resembled my old dog Duke and the lady said "His name is Duke too. That is so weird!" I'm still not entirely convinced he isn't a clone. :dunce: <<Foil hat. I bought a few things at this sale like a sealed slip n slide and some toys, but these were nice for $5 total. ;)

This pop up sale looked like everything was picked out of the garbage. I asked about games and they said they thought they had a GB, but it may have sold. After some searching the lady pulled out the DS and the GBA. The DS has a broken hinge, so I figured it was shot. The GBA wasn't in terrible shape, so I was confident about it. GBA is working well, ds powers on, but the broken hinge causes it to power off if it is moved.

This was a weird sale. It was run by a lady who is a "tan artist". I asked about games and she brought out some bins of mixed items saying she just wants to get rid of it and was upset that her sons were disorganized. I sorted through a couple boxes of stuff and pulled these out. She also had a rock band mic that she didn't know how to price so she woke up her son to ask. She came back saying her son wanted $7. I said for everything and the mic? and she said "no. just the mic." I then said ok, how much just for this stuff? I have these complete games and the rest are empty cases. Does $5 sound fair? She said yeah that's fine and she gave me her card in case they find more games. I'm guessing her sons are collectors and they were saving the cases and no longer have the games or were hoping to fill the cases.

The GB player disc probably isn't working, but I had to grab it. I also have a disc only SM Sunshine that is now complete with instructions!

Games

Empties:

I am going to follow up to see if they find the games, since she gave me her card...Maybe she just wanted to cover my paleness. lol

more to come...
Nice score with dynamite heddy. I recently caught interest in the game and have it on my watch list.

^I haven't seen it.

Today's finds:

She wanted $5 each for these, paid $6 total:

Bought these for $10 SONY MM-MF315 150w 3 way speakers. A guy tried to buy them from me before I even got to my car!

Toshiba Satellite laptop with Vista. $3 I noticed it has a PS3 media server on it. IDK what that does, but the PC seems to work well.

more to come...

Solid non-gaming pick ups you have there.  I would say get rid of vista right away but I think I would actually prefer it over 8.1.

I got a solid little NES lot today of Contra, The Jungle Book, Pac Man, Tiger Heli and Tiny Toon Adventures for $10.00. Contra and Jungle Book are nice finds for sure. Not much else though, a few cheapo PS1/GBA games but nothing good.

'merica's birthday post!

So this was the lot I had to go to the bank for. As I was leaving a guy and his GF saw me carrying the lot. He was excited to see it and said "Aw man a Nintendo! something something wrong turn something something. But I just wanted to get out of there, so I didn't say anything. (I hope that wasn't you bing147...actually I kinda hope it was you. LOL! :D/

I saw the wii for $20 when I got there and he had other wii stuff in a box priced individually. I asked about other games and we began talking about NESes. He said he had one and asked what I would pay. I went through the "it depends on the games blah blah" speech and gave him a general idea. He went in and came out with this. He said on ebay they were going for about $50 each and I told him that is more than I would like to spend. After negotiating a bit I offered $50 for the NES lot, the wii lot, and some accessories and wii sports.

$50 total:

more to come...

(Edit: It took me 20 minutes to make this post. I wasn't trying to 1up you! I'll see your contra and raise you a super C! ;) )

Not me, lol, sorry. Just out of curiosity, what area did you find it in if you don't mind sharing? Just in general? You know, so I can torture myself more if I was nearby, ha ha.

My NES lot today she had a lot more, just picked out the ones I needed or were worth something. When I walked up I asked about games and the lady said she had a Nintendo but the other lady at the sale's daughter wanted it so they had decided last minute not to sell it. It was actually there, she had put it back in her trunk. I asked if there were any games her daughter wouldn't play and she said she was never going to play any of it and she wished she'd just get rid of it, if I wanted some of the games I could take some. Worked out for me.

Sent a pm.

I found out who the new guy is in my area. He is a flea market seller. I found some games this morning and he said he was there for what "He (referring to me) is looking at." He is also the guy that tried to buy my speakers! So the confirmed game buyers in my area are:

1) my nemesis

2) Chester the Molester and Chuckles

3) guy from GS

4) guy that owns a store about 30 minutes away

5) guy that owns a store in my town

6) ^^guy that owns a store about 45 minutes from me that is related to #5

7) my old neighbor -the one that sold me that big lot with 5 or 6 NES systems

8) friend of number 5

9) guy that owns resale shop

10) An actual collector

11) sometimes bing

12) A guy that owns a booth at an indoor flea market

13) New guy from outdoor flea market

14) Old lady that says she is buying for her grandchildren (she buys up every handheld item she can find).

15) Guy that sells on FB that says he doesn't buy games, yet tried to sell me some.

16) Old guy that speeds around asking for games and leaves if they say no.

and a few others. These are the regulars, there are people I do not see as often that look for games too.

The problem is I live in the largest city so everyone from surrounding areas come to where I live. I've never really gone through who buys stuff before, but now I understand why I am finding significantly less even though I am working harder. :wall:

I ended up buying some games this morning just to establish dominance. lol I joked with the guy saying, "ahh so you look for games too? No wonder I am finding less stuff!" He is normally friendly, but he ignored me. He must have wanted these...

$20 total. The sons went in and brought out the system after the other guy left. Sometimes it is worth sticking around and talking to people.

Not the best deal, but decent:

more to come...

Yeah, I've got a little mental registry going of who hunts where in Baltimore, where the craigslisters are based, and where the retro game stores are. Hunting has gotten tougher this year, but I'm making up with it by having a lot of friends who know I like games and keep an eye out for me and/or give me their old stuff if they're cleaning stuff out.

It was a very busy/wet weekend here in Baltimore, but I did manage to identify a sale with some gaming stuff. Everything below came from the same yard sale and was $40. Not pictured is a small box of early 2000s Magic cards. Best item out of the lot is probably the CiB Power Stone. Man, I love bringing home a whole box worth of stuff.

Did you price the Magic cards yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back