The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th of july had a lot of people out doing yardsales.  i had a late start but honestly that probably helped me get some better deals.  most of what i got were non-gaming deals but i did get 1 game. spiderman venom maximum carnage snes for $1.  tested it out and it works fine.  gonna try to sell it online.  seems to go for $10-$15, atleast as far as ebay goes.

also bought the last 2 harry potter movies for $1 as well.  they were actually fully sealed.

its funny, i only planned on  going to 2 yardsales and a church sale but then we found 10 others on the way to the church sale.

68POFZd.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I took a cursory look through them, but I'm not really really an expert. I think they're mainly starter decks with a few rares/uncommons each. The priciest rare I saw was around the $5.
If you knew what sets they were you could lookup on tcgplayer.com the most valuable cards by set. Foils also matter if the card is played in legacy, modern, or commander.

This person kept a lot of the boxes, so I know there's some Apocalypse, Mercadian Masques, Planeshift, Nemesis and 7E in there. I'm just going to take them to my friend who runs a game store and let him take them off my hands, since I don't really feel like going through all the trouble to try price it all out.

A few lackluster finds, with hopefully decent stories. ;)

This guy had a long time tenant that moved, so everything they left was for sale. I had actually went to the garage sale the tenant had a few weeks prior, so I knew they had at least xbox stuff. I got there early and picked up this lot as well as some computer parts and some empty 360 console and rock band boxes (Now I actually have a complete rock band 360 CIB because of freebies from 3 different sales. I got the inner, brown boxes from someone that was throwing them out when they opened their set. The outer box from this sale and the drum set itself was free at another sale.)

I paid $10 total. Not a steal, but I figured it was worth it for the n64. There are a lot of little things like a star wars lego, graphics card, monster xbox cables, 2 xbox controllers, 2 360 controllers, 3 xbox 360 headsets (for GS trade ins), etc.

This was a prime example of "a bird in the hand..." This sale was run by a beautiful latina named Mya (not relevant, but she really was). She wanted $15 for the wii and $5 for the GC stuff. I asked if she had more and she let me look though some of their stuff. I pulled all of this and a 360 slim power supply and a 250 GB HD. She said she thought she "had a bunch of those smaller discs" in a box somewhere and told me she will put everything aside for me and to check back tomorrow.

I went back the next day and she said her bf took some things out and she couldn't find the gc discs. I tried to offer less, since they pulled some stuff ans we settled on $15. I got lucky that the NSMB was in the system, but I am mad at myself for rolling the dice.

$15 total

This was a pop up sale. It was run by an attractive woman that had reasonable prices. Her CDs, books, and DVDs were 25 cents each. I bought all of her DVDs (not pictured-forgot to take pics and I already added them to my collection) and CDs for $15. I was going through the CDs and there were some non music ones. I noticed one said Halloween 2010 or something, so I checked it out. She and her friends must have been hammered because most of the pics are upskirts and cleavage shots. lol I can't rmember her exact address or I would return some of the non music stuff to her. I also don't want to embarrass her, so I might just hand her the stack if she has another sale.

I got about 150 CDs (those "wood-grain holders" are still full)

:bouncy:

more to come...

The 4th of July weekend was pretty butt for yard sales, Saturday was a complete bust and Sunday wasn't much better. On Sunday I picked up a SNES without cords, a Genesis without cords, and a cart-only copy of Donkey Kong Country for $20. Not great, but MAGFest needs SNESes. Later on I picked up a copy of Summer Camp Nightmare on VHS for $1 for a friend.

...about those pictures.
I said attractive, not hot. ;) I feel bad having them in my possession. I'll cut up the CD before I toss it out, if she doesn't have another sale this season.

BTW: There are two of those wood grain holders on top of each other, so my CD estimate may be a little low...probably another 30 or so more.

I scored a massive amount of legos today. I didn't see that it was advertised on facebook (starting at 8am) in my hometown when I left for a different sale that started at 8am. So I ended up stopping at the sale at 10am and getting a 38lb bin of old legos($75), a 18lb bin of legos($40), and 2 other small bins of sets($20/bin). The 36lb bin had a lot of instruction booklets for sets that would be worth about $1000 total. The 18lb bin had instruction booklets for $350 worth of sets. Hopefully the sets are in the bins. After getting home I check the facebook page and saw the ad got posted right when I left and the pictures show several in box old lego sets that are worth $150-$200 each. They were probably $20-$50 based on the pricing at the sale. So I missed out on making my score even larger, but the person that bought all of the in-box sets really missed out on a very valuable 36lb bin, so I'm not that bummed.

I missed a pokemon lot today. Sometimes that happens when 4 sales start at the same time. Other than that, I had a decent day. I  bought a lot of housewares, some games, and a pretty big lot of sports and non sports cards. Eventhough sports cards have dropped, I still got some decent ones like Roger Clemens RC, terry bradshaw, nolan ryan, Cal Ripken, MJ, Shaq RCs, etc. I think the best pulls were a reggie white RC, a Hulk Hogan RC, some garbage pail kids, as well as some Return of the Jedi cards. Pics to come (eventually) of the games and some vintage toys.

This was a rough day for me. Lots of hearing you just missed them.
Same here. I missed 2 nintendos. One was old for sure, the other may have been a wii (which isn't as disappointing). I was told I was the 2nd person to ask that a few times, so I cut across town. I did actually find a few decent ps2 games though. Most of the other games I bought were 1 step above junk. I passed on a $45 3ds, but that is the first one i've seen in the wild.

I know I missed on a Nintendo lot right around the corner from me too... got their 20 minutes early and not early enough. Oh well. Another guy pulled out a box he said he had been asked about the day before (had the guy's number but said he would give me first shot since I was there). It was full of GREAT Genesis/N64 games. Of course since he was asked yesterday, he had eBayed them all and was asking HIGH eBay prices, lol. Sorry, not giving you 80 for a Hyperstone Heist at a garage sale... good luck with that.

All I grabbed:

Need for Speed Most Wanted (360): $1.00

Star Wars Battlefront (Xbox): $00.50

Test Drive Unlimited (360): $00.50

Intellivision Lives (PS2): $00.50

Theme Park Roller Coaster (PS2): $00.50

That's it... rough day. Made a little better by getting a killer Ace Combat 5 flight stick bundle at Half Price Books. (You know the one Slowdive, it's been there for months). It was coupon day but they had it marked at 100 and even with 40% off 60 was still more than I wanted to pay. I asked them if they'd come down since it had been there over 7 months and they agreed to knock it down to 50, so 30 with the coupon. I was cool with that.

I got a decent SNES lot today with notable games Blackthorne and Lost Vikings. Also got a talkboy in the same lot and a couple DS games for $17. Story and pics later.

Jetfire and other g1 transformers, it is the summer of transformers evidently. Does anyone know about the grey shockwave? He has a 90, 92 date on him.

Made a little better by getting a killer Ace Combat 5 flight stick bundle at Half Price Books. (You know the one Slowdive, it's been there for months). It was coupon day but they had it marked at 100 and even with 40% off 60 was still more than I wanted to pay. I asked them if they'd come down since it had been there over 7 months and they agreed to knock it down to 50, so 30 with the coupon. I was cool with that.
I've been eying that for months. The manager that used to hook me up ended up leaving the store, so I don't get as good of discounts. I thought about picking it up on the 50% day, but that is still pretty expensive.

-----------

cane, the grey version is "galactic man". He was a radioshack knockoff. I know there is a japanese version named Astro Magnum, but he predated transformers so the date would be older.

I've never gotten them to go down before but between the size and how long it sat I thought it was worth trying. I also thought 60 was still a little high but I was very happy at 30. I've also been eyeing it for months.

Today I bought 2 different sets of Bose speakers for $25 total.

$8 for this SNES lot. Apparently the family had it for sale yesterday as well. Shocked no one bought it, but maybe the ugly yellow was a turn off to people XD.

bsg7PzY.jpg

Anyone here live in the Indianapolis, IN area? If so where's a good area to find yard sales? I was thinking about driving around Carmel while I'm down there visiting a friend.

Lots of yard sales today, but hardly anyone had anything worth buying and fairly priced. Just barely missed KH 1.5 Remix at one sale, but it went to a kid who wanted it so I wasn't too upset. Ended up getting Ratchet & Clank Future A Crack in Time for $4.

Just one other gaming find today, but a nice one: black label FF7 with all the discs for a quarter. I was pleased with that one.

Picked up a 360 dl vouchers for $5. Snagged a tub of Duplos for $10. Missed out on a ps1 and some games. Another guy got to it. Same guy cherry picked a few og xbox games. I went to 4-5 sales and there wasn't much to find. I also snagged MGS on ps1 for $3

Today was a weird day:

IMG_20150711_163354_941.jpg
This is the 2000 re-release I got it for thirty-seven cents because the lady didnt want to break a 20

IMG_20150711_163442_875.jpg

I got these for $10. The woman wanted $5 apiece for the Wii Sports titles and I was like no way but she accepted my more reasonable offer. Also as a side note this is the second time in a month I've come across N64 controllers in the wild.

IMG_20150711_163519_003.jpg

IMG_20150711_163557_789.jpg

IMG_20150711_163649_231.jpg

I got all of this stuff plus a DJ hero turntable and some random odds and ends and two games in the PS2s (Spider-Man 2 and Polar Express) for $5.

As far as I know the PS2s work. The PS3 doesn't as it has a yellow light of death. I almost got all of this stuff for free but I couldn't take it in all good conscience . I wanted to give the lady $10 but she gave me $15 in change as according to her the fat PS2 and the PS3 don't work.

My question for you guys is what should I do with the PS3? On the bright side its backwards-compatible and its 60GB. But how much does it cost to repair it? I'm open to suggestions or offers for trades or to buy it.

If you figure out what to do with a non working 60GB LMK. I'm still sitting on mine from the "crazy lot". I asked somone and he said it isn't worth paying someone to fix, but I would like to at least attempt it.

I got something cool that is non gaming. I know we have talked about them in this thread in the past, so I am happy to finally get one. Pics in a few days. ;)

Bought a couple small lots of games and one big lot.

My understanding is that these systems can be "reballed" with fresh solder, but it's expensive. Also, you still have an early model PS3, with the poor energy efficiency that comes with it.

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to call a video game repair store in Tucson about my scratched up PSP Go screen, by the way.

i found a game about a week ago at a rummage sale.  its for the nes and is called maxi 15 games in one.     i have no idea what its worth.  i paid a quarter

I found a bunch of PS1, DC just 1 :( , X360 and PS2 games for a buck a piece! Pretty good day for not really trying today, lol. I found this sale before, I headed out to work. Pics in a bit after, I setup the new phone I got.

Jetfire and other g1 transformers, it is the summer of transformers evidently. Does anyone know about the grey shockwave? He has a 90, 92 date on him.
Grey Shockwave is the pre-Transformer version of him, "Galactic Man". He was a Radio Shack toy - not sure about the 90/92 thing as he was manufactured pre-1984.

reduced-rsgalact-b1.jpg

So for the first time ever, I actually got an email back from someone who's sale I had visited previously. I got to the person's house around 11am and was a little dismayed to find they were having an actual sale, but I guess they didn't list it because there weren't many people there. I knew the guy was moving overseas so I just offered him all the cash I had on me, $187, for what he had left and he accepted. Here's what I got, stuff I'm keeping is in the first photo and everything is in the latter.

I've spent the evening going through everything in that latter pic and here's the rundown:

5 Atari 2600s

1 Atari 800

1 Telstar Alpha

1 Complete Model 1 Genesis

1 Complete Commodore 64

About 100 Atari 2600 games

About a dozen pieces of C64 software

A butt load of controllers/paddles for Atari 2600

A buttload of cords for random systems

Not a bad haul at all, though I'd probably be a bit more excited if I were an Atari fanboy. ;)

Had a very nice score on Friday and Sat:

Friday: I got Morrowind GOTY for xbox, Timesplitters Future Perfect for GC, GTA 5 for 360, Halo 4 for 360, Pokemon stadium N64, Tecmo Bowl And Super Bowl for NES, super Mario 3 NES and 5 N64 sports games all for $20. I didn't realize that Timesplitters was worth so much in the GC!

Saturday: I got a NES console, Ps1 console, 4 GameCube controllers, 2 N64 congrollers, 1 NES controller and the following games:
NES: Mario 1 and 2
SNES: super Adventure Island 2, Mario all stars, Mario kart x2, Mario world, Mario is missing
GameCube: Super Smash Bros melee x 2, super monkey ball
Ps2: Kings Field ps2
Ps1: tomb raider 2, jet Moro 2, namco museum 1 2 3, and gran turismo 2
Also got a few toy cars for my son
Everything was $60!

I also didn't know how much Super Adv Island 2 was going for now. This score was in my top 5!

Happy hunting to all!

i found a game about a week ago at a rummage sale. its for the nes and is called maxi 15 games in one. i have no idea what its worth. i paid a quarter
I picked up a complete copy 4-5 years ago in a lot, posted it here. There were apparently two versions; a slight variation in the games included. For how rare it is the price is low compared to more common titles in high demand.

I think I lost a game. It probably fell out of my car when I was putting something else in it. I don't remember what it was, but I know it was a DS game that I bought in a lot of 4 for $5. Mad at myself.

Not neccisarily a yard sale, but I'm heading to a storage unit auction. Not really sure what to expect in my rural area. It was only advertised with a sign as well as far a I know. I'll report back later.

Anyone every had experiences with them as well?

Grey Shockwave is the pre-Transformer version of him, "Galactic Man". He was a Radio Shack toy - not sure about the 90/92 thing as he was manufactured pre-1984.
It is galactic man, the 90/92 date was actually on bluestreak and was 80/82, I was going from memory. The dicktrigger was the giveaway since he's missing the red eye. I'll post the rest of the stuff when I get a chance

-----------

cane, the grey version is "galactic man". He was a radioshack knockoff. I know there is a japanese version named Astro Magnum, but he predated transformers so the date would be older.
It is galactic man, the 90/92 date was actually on bluestreak and was 80/82, I was going from memory. The dicktrigger was the giveaway since he's missing the red eye. I'll post the rest of the stuff when I get a chance
nailed it.

nailed it.
Was Galactic Man actually a knock off, though? As far as I know Hasbro pulled robot toys from a bunch of different manufacturers to build the TF line. I'm pretty sure the Radio Shack Galactic Man toy was made on legit license from the original manufacturer. I think there was. Radio Shack version of Omega Supreme too.

Haven't had much chance to hit yard sales this season, but managed to hit one that was horribly advertised and didn't even start until the afternoon.  Walked away feeling like a winner:

Gamecube games were $5/ea, OG Xbox were $2/ea, NFS:MW was $5 and Led Zeppelin was $1.

Was Galactic Man actually a knock off, though? As far as I know Hasbro pulled robot toys from a bunch of different manufacturers to build the TF line. I'm pretty sure the Radio Shack Galactic Man toy was made on legit license from the original manufacturer. I think there was. Radio Shack version of Omega Supreme too.
I know we called it a knockoff or "generic" at the time, but it is possible they used real or slightly retooled molds from the Japanese company. I am going from memory, but I don't remember the omega supreme variant (I don't doubt it though). I remember wanting Astro Magnum because my parent's friend's kids from Japan had him. They also had a turtle that wore a diaper. :lol: So many wonders at Yoshi's house.

sorry for the double post. Taking pics and I just looked some stuff up. I got a couple DVDs that sell for $75 each used. I had a feeling they were worth picking up for $1 each. Keeping what they are to myself because I rarely find good hits anymore. Got a big box of VHS tapes for free (a couple of decent ones) in there. I just found some lots I forgot to take pics of.

Did I post a PS1 system and games lot yet this year?

Yard sales weren't very good this week in my area.

I did get this lot of guides for $5

and my 3DO lot came from an auction house. There were two other things I wanted that night that I didn't get. There were about a dozen brand new Ninja Turtles figures from the late 80s early 90s. I only wanted Leonardo. I bid up to $25, and though I had it. But, it turned out the auctioneer took the guy behind me's bid instead! The other thing was a Technics SL1200 MK2. It's the turntable I want to upgrade to at some point. It ended up selling for $160. I figure I'll find one for $5-10 eventually so I stopped bidding.

So, when the 3DO stuff came up, I was in grudge bid mode. I wanted it, and knew it was worth it. 

Paid $120 (not pictured; the console, 2 remotes, 1 sealed 3rd party remote, and a Sega Menacer w/ receiver) Almost everything is complete. The Killing Time box didn't show up, which is a shame as it dramatically increases the value should I decide to sell it.

I envy some of your finds. I live in Southern Indiana and have all but given up on game hunting around here. Most of the flea markets, garage stores, and random places that happen to have video games either mark the prices up to ridiculous eBay standards or they only have commons and usually want way more than any sane person would pay. Used to get great finds all the time though, picked up a copy of Snatcher for $20 CIB and also nabbed two of the CD-i Zelda titles for $1 each. Made a profit on both, it killed me to sell Snatcher, but I had fell on hard times. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back