The Official 2015 Yard Sale Thread Post your finds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time going out to sales since I moved to a new town a few weeks ago. Today went better than I expected.

This Rockenbok stuff was $10. This was the shit when I was a kid! I'm gonna have fun setting this up today.

4lm1J9H.jpg

This vintage Marklin Mini-Club train stuff was $5. Goes for quite a bit on eBay.

annvVQg.jpg

Also got a Rock Band 2 drum set for $20.

I was on vacation this past week and ended it a day early so I could go to my 2nd favorite town-wide sale. It paid off!

I'll try to get around to posting pics later, but I at least wanted to share a couple of my favorite finds:

$50 (the woman only wanted a $1 apiece, but it didn't feel right to pay so little)

22 Beatles Records, most in shrink, most in excellent condition.

I found this next one around 12:30 on a slow side street.

$30 250GB Xbox 360 Slim w/ Kinect & 8 games (CODs & Kinect games). Everything in original boxes/cases.

Perhaps my favorite game find of the day was at 1pm. It was on my way home, on a main street I'd driven through early in the morning. I was a row over, glancing over everything and BOOM! there it was. In a white box, facing up, a PS3 console. Checked out the model number and for any signs of having been taken apart. CECHA01, most likely has never been taken apart.  Asked the price

$5 Backwards compatible PS3 console. ...hopefully it works.

I got plenty of of other odds & ends; a few good CDs & DVDs. A sealed Lego Creationary Board Game for $3, 2 packs of Polaroid film & a couple vintage cameras (Canon A1 along with a Yashica) for $20. A PS2 console for $5. Metroid Zero Mission for $1. 

Also got (now I'm just rambling)

$20 Boxed PSP-3000 (pearl white, good condition, working great)

$20 Nook HD+

ok, that's it until I decide to take pics.

I went to a listed thing with video games, picked up a couple things, then got lost in an unexpectedly populated neighborhood sale - must've had something like a hundred sales, at least. I hit as many as I could stomach - only hit it twice, and the second only barely, but I'm pretty satisfied with that one score:

En3NNHf.jpg

First sale only had medicore xbox stuff out, but I grabbed the GBA and N64 transfer pak for 5bux total - they were priced 10 and 5, respectively, but the GBA's screen is pretty scuffed and it's missing the battery cover, so it wasn't hard to get a third of the price. It'll cost right about the difference in replacement parts should I ever want to repair it anyway - doubt I will though, I'd never played an OG model before this, and good lord that screen brightness is downright criminal. This sale also had a lot of real cool old stuff, so I asked about older consoles - was told a Dreamcast might exist somewhere, left my number in case it shows up.

Second sale was weird - had a box with the NES and a PSX lying in the middle of a big table, and they really blended in. I started pawing through it (because unyellowed NES-001! Thousands of dollars!), lady came by and immediately asked me to make an offer, and equally immediately accepted my offer of $10, which I was pretty dang stoked for - was determined not to pay as much as I had my earlier $40 N64, and was happy to have gotten better at pricing. Turned out, though, the thing wasn't the best cared for - the RF adapter's wire was cut so cleanly it must've been done with wire cutters, and the accompanying coaxial cable was also shot. No audio cables either, and as I went down, one of the two PSX controllers had visibly (and horribly) chewed thumbsticks. Finally, opening the PSX revealed that someone had somehow removed the little raised bit in the disc tray, so that a CD placed into the system had no where to seat, and would obviously not play.

So, I revised my offer to $5 - getting an NES with power supply, 1 controller, and the other PSX controller, as well as a different coaxial I happened upon elsewhere in the sale. Had Superspike V-Ball in there too, woman unfortunately didn't have any other games but I'm happy with what I got - it cleaned up nicely, things depress and release as they should, and I was surprised to see that the nes was compatible with standard composite cables. I'm certainly happy with the result, plus I got to experience vintage cart-blowing action:

dmZKmfo.jpg

Last, and kinda least, I grabbed the N64 controller for six quarters, listed price $3. Told 'em it was off brand, so I didn't want to pay 3 - secretly, though, I prefer it, as it's a sharkpad with turbo support and I already have a couple normal controllers :V

Last edited by a moderator:
Found all this for $9.50. My first good find for a while.

Got some ps2 games, a ps1 game and a xbox controller, plus a pc game.
Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3: Battle for Europe (PC)- $4
Top Gun: Combat Zones (Ps2) - $1
Star Wars: Episode 1- The phantom menace (PS1) - 50 cents
Star Wars- Starfighter (PS2) - $1
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 (PS2) - $1
Original xbox controller- $2
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:25710]

This is what I found this weekend. Not much but, I did find TLOZ OoT for the GCN (this has been evading my GCN collection since forever) this find alone made my weekend, lol! Every game was $3 bucks each so, I spent $15 for everything, not bad I'd say.

[attachment=17043:913 finds.PNG]

Not really a yard sale find, but my local Half Price Books had a complete no damage Halo 2 LCE :xbox: for $6 (even includes the Slurpee coupon that expired 12/31/2005).  I just need to get the sticky gunk off the plastic slip cover and it's good to go.

Haha, the lighting is good, but the talent could be better. I fast forwarded through most of it... couldn't help but imagine rag-time playing in the background. I really wish I could remember what house I got it from so I could return it, more to see their reactions than anything.. maybe to offer some pointers. They seemed kind of plain.

Anyway. I'm having a good Friday! Saw a posting for an estate sale last night, and decided to go this morning. Showed up 2 hours early (and I was still 5th in line). 

At 9am, worried I'd have to scour the house for what I wanted to find, I was relieved to see it all in the room next to the front door.

Paid $130 total. 

Paid $80 for the Gamecube games, GBA SP, DS phat, two wave birds with dongles, and an unpictured 3rd Gen 8gb ipod touch. NBA Jam is sealed.

these cases were, sadly, devoid of carts, but had all the other paper inserts

$20 for the monitor (27" LG Flatron, I've just got to get the power adapter and pray it works) and $30 for the gaming mice & keyboard. The Enter key fell off, but I have it

I might go back tomorrow and see what's left. There were some other games and accessories. There was even a copy of Nintendoland... not sure why I didn't grab it.... even though I already have a copy.... This is CAG, you all understand. There were also a couple headsets.

Went to the annual used book sale near my house, no insane deals:

Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn: $9

Super Mario Galaxy: $4.50

Twilight Princess strategy guide: $2.25

Scott Pilgrim in color vol 1: 4.50

Batman (60's version) Season 1: $6

Marvel Masterworks: Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 (missing Dust Jacket): $4.50

4 Blu-Rays for $16

Wild Hogs

Sound of Music

Flash Gordon

Gone With the Wind

Then there was a rummage sale happening nearby also:

Five Archie Ninja Turtles Comics for .50 total

Two bags of loose Action figures for $2:

Original ToyBiz Gambit

Joker with Water Squirting action

Mini Wolverine and Storm figures

Hasbro Misty and Brock figures

Burger King Charmander light up toy

Psyduck Slider toy

and a Transformers G1 toy Metroplex (missing a ton of parts) for .50

The last thing I was surprised it was still there as I had just saw a guy buy all the vintage transformers stuff. I guess he missed that one.

Fw4HeuR.jpg

$36 dollars. Did some craigslist email back-and-forth, came for black-label FFVIII, stayed for bundle deal of a lot of games I probably don't need. All games are complete except command and conquer, which is missing the second disk - a real pity, that was one of the ones I was most interested in. Discs are in ok condition, C-12 Final Resistance is sealed (but worthless).

For some reason, there were five PS1 memory cards (and FOUR a/v cables between two consoles) in there, too - who even needs that many memory cards?

Was travelling this week, and met up with a guy from another province clearing out some of his collection. Didn't get everything yet (it's in storage), but I'm making arrangements to pick the the rest of his stuff next time we're in the same area.

20913914514_85adb15516_k.jpg

2600 lot - only game I don't have is Smurf: Rescue In Gargamel's Castle

20915562113_6ad476a8a1_k.jpg

Darth Vader 2600 and small NES lot. 

21348631490_01150ee311_k.jpg

This one was my favorite - a Leisure Vision and four games. System works with no issue. I already have a system complete in box, but I find the games are hard to come across locally, so this was a huge score for me. 

Bought everything for $70.00 total. 

The forecast called for .05" of rain, instead it turned out to be monsoon season. Down to maybe 4 good weeks left in the year.

Finally had a pretty good day today. I guess I know why there hasn't been as many yard sales this year. They did a city-wide yard sale day and there were more than a 100. I was only able to hit about 30 (25 official and 5 unofficial).

It was all well and good but if that was spread over the whole summer I'd be able to get to alot more instead of 30 in one 6 hour day. I would've kept going but starting around 2 they all started to be deserted, put away and people would get mad when I showed up.

Findings

$4 for Pokemon Heart Gold and Guitar Hero Guitar

$10 for 5 Guitar Hero/Rockband guitars

$2 for Guitar Hero Guitar

$4 for Shadow of the Colossus and MK: Deadly Alliance

$8 for Avengers blu-ray, Thor Blu-Ra, Titanic Blu-Ray, Up DVD, Ratatouille DVD, Cars DVD, Swiss Family Robinson DVD

$61 for a Pocket Rock-It and a big video game bundle.

Bundle included NES and about 15 games - including Battletoads, Lolo, Mario 2 and 3, and a few other good ones

N64 controllers, hook-ups, but no system plus about 10 games - including Zelda OoT, Mario Party 1 & 2, Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong, etc

Finally getting a good retro bundle was nice, but sadly no games I don't have. Last year I managed to get Boogerman for the SNES at a sale, but this year it has been all repeats

I sold all my Guitars about 8 months ago. Hopefully they are still all easy flips hah

Scored a $15 PS1 bundle today: 13 games and a console with memory card (no cords or controllers). Highlights were Myst, Frogger, and MediEvil.

Nothing apart from that, though. I got started late and there weren't too many people out.

Got some nice deals today.

I saw a slim PS3 with a label that just said "for parts" so I asked what was up with it. They said it doesn't play discs but works otherwise. I was like, ok, maybe I can fix it or something, how much do you want. $3. Sold!

Got it home, and yeah, it doesn't play game discs or blu-rays. DVD's do work though. With games, I can hear the disc starting to spin up, then it makes an "ejection" like sound, but the disc doesn't actually come out, and then, nothing. I found a bunch of BS online about how if you tilt the system while it reads the disc it'll work (nope) or if you play a DVD movie first it will (also nope.)

Anybody have any advice for fixing it - cheaply? If not I'll just dump it on ebay.

It's a 160gb model - maybe I'm being greedy but I was at least hoping for 250! :lol: It also had a Madden 15 PS3 disc inside, which I'll probably just dump at gamestop, and Risk Factions installed to the hard drive.

The only other thing I got today: a bag of 42 dvd-size bubble mailers for $3! Now if only I'd found anything worth selling the rest of the summer I'd have something to put in them.  ;)

Got some nice deals today.

I saw a slim PS3 with a label that just said "for parts" so I asked what was up with it. They said it doesn't play discs but works otherwise. I was like, ok, maybe I can fix it or something, how much do you want. $3. Sold!

Got it home, and yeah, it doesn't play game discs or blu-rays. DVD's do work though. With games, I can hear the disc starting to spin up, then it makes an "ejection" like sound, but the disc doesn't actually come out, and then, nothing. I found a bunch of BS online about how if you tilt the system while it reads the disc it'll work (nope) or if you play a DVD movie first it will (also nope.)

Anybody have any advice for fixing it - cheaply? If not I'll just dump it on ebay.
Is it giving you the red screen or does it boot up normal?

Has it been opened yet? You can tell because the slims have a rubber/plastic piece you have to remove to open the system. Most likely it is the BD laser. If it has already been opened, it may not be worth trying to fix.

I would also do the standard firmware upgrades, but I assume you already did that if it is working.

Try the system vertically.

Is it giving you the red screen or does it boot up normal?

Has it been opened yet? You can tell because the slims have a rubber/plastic piece you have to remove to open the system. Most likely it is the BD laser. If it has already been opened, it may not be worth trying to fix.

I would also do the standard firmware upgrades, but I assume you already did that if it is working.

Nope, boots up normal. Everything on the dashboard works as expected, even the digital game on it works.

I don't *think* it's been opened. The silver warranty sticker is still there, two of the rubber feet are missing but that's normal. Here's a photo: http://postimg.org/image/7gzrwjfbj/

Firmware isn't fully up to date (4.66) but I have tons of older game discs and none of them will even show up in the XMB when inserted.

Will try the vertical thing too. Thanks for replying!

Some great finds so far. I went to a town-wide today. I usually skip this town, as it wasn't so good in years past. I'm glad I didn't today.

My best find was a tennis ball pitching machine for $15. It's working, but has a dead internal battery (can be hooked up to an extension cord). I should be able to get ~$400 for it! Also got some scuba gear for $20, but I'll wait and see if it functions as it should before counting those eggs.

My favorite find came at 11:30am. It was on my way home. On this road a couple years back I found a brand new N64 in the box, but it was missing the controller (the guy said he'd sold just the controller for $50, I bought the system, box & cables for $20). That new N64 smell brought me right back to '96.  Today's find is in a similar vein. Will post pics later or tomorrow.

I was out of town last week attending a wedding in my hometown in Ohio. I decided to drive by my old home and I missed the turn. As I was driving down the next street over, I noticed a lot of stuff out on the tree lawn. It was all clean, so it must have been someone that died or moved out. If I had more time and gloves, I would have made a more thorough search. I pulled some old license plates and some costume jewelry, but this is what caught my eye. It is a shame it is empty, but I am happy to put a system in it. ;)

:bouncy:

more to come...

Ok. Saturday's finds. 

In order of appearance on Saturday

$25, haggled down from $40

Same yard sale

$10, but both Gameboys have lines missing on the screens :(

This was part of an $80 Wii bundle. I really only wanted these games and left the other 15 or so.

$20

At this point I was on my way home. The town I went to was about 20 minutes up a back road. I was in town early enough to miss most sales on this road. This next lot made my day, mostly because it was 11:15 and in plain view.

$8 for the NES, Genesis, & Genesis games. There were also 2 NES controlleres, 1 Zapper, 2 Genesis controllers, and a power supply for the Genesis (but I don't have any AV cables at the moment -_-)

$10 for the two wii games. They were asking $7 each. There were a couple others I thought about picking up. Was really excited to find Pokepark 2, as I've never seen one in the wild.

My very first yard sale of the day, while a waste of time, told me about a church sale. My last sale of the day was that church sale. Walking around I saw a few things I was interested in and then saw this box on the ground. I asked the seller if they had any games while looking it over. Then I saw the sticker on it and had to open it.

$5  The Zelda game is sealed and the system and contents are still wrapped in all the plastic. It's my third 'new' Nintendo system in 3 years. One of the plastic seal stickers on the box had come undone on one side and was covered in dust. The woman said she bought it and never played it. The KB Toys sticker says $99.99.

Yard sale season is finally getting good for me. And it's almost over.

Got around to trying this tonight, and unbelievably, it seems to have worked. Popped in Demon's Souls and played about 2 hours without a problem, although the title screen and some of the cutscenes skipped pretty badly, despite the disc being perfect.

Not sure how much of a long-term solution this is though. I assume there's some problem with the physical disc drive and/or laser but my repair skills are, ahem, hit-and-miss. Anyway, I'll keep trying things, thanks for the tips and if anyone has anything to add it'd sure be appreciated.

Oh, and I went to a sale today and got a complete :360: Orange Box for $.50 - not bad.

I went out on Saturday and saw a pink ds lite in box for $10, a few DS Lite games, 360 games, and GBA games, none of which jumped out at me.  It looks like I missed some other stuff though since they had a Wii Fit and they said they sold their Lego earlier.  I did pick up a nice, like new dark green leather bean bag chair for $10.  I put it in my son's room and have already fallen asleep on it twice, so it was well worth it.

szn7V1r.jpg

Picked up The Bouncer and Legend of Legaia for $5 total, though this happened last week - figured two things weren't quite exciting enough by themselves, even if a complete Legend of Legaia is a nice little find.

The Rockband (PS3) stuff was today. Asking $20, paid $12, which turned out to be a very nice deal as all games are near-mint and all instruments are fully functional - even the drum kick stand, drum pictured HERE! As an added little bonus, they had two wireless dongles in there despite only needing one - I don't know much about the different models of dongle, but I do know it's the thing most people lose, so maybe I'll be able to complete another set with it? Shame there wasn't a second guitar, though.

Either way, best I had before this was the PS2 world tour double guitar pack, so I should be able to get some mileage out of this.

(And, uh, sorry about shit lighting - too lazy to fix, but will probably take pics elsewhere in the future.)

Finally a score! Sega Genesis model 2, cables (wrong ac adapter but I have the right one), 17 games (7 cart only, 3 complete, 7 game/case), and 6 controllers for $30. Mortal Kombat was just case and booklet. The best game obviously was the cart only copy of Splatterhouse 3! Then I found a red/black DS Lite with charger and ATV vs MX, Avatar, Tron Evolution, Lego Star Wars, IronMan, and TinkerBell- $5. 

The Retro trio Amiibo was from GS on my way home. I just took a pic of everything. 

I had a decent day. Not a lot of stuff, but most of the things I got were pretty good.

Pics later.

Today was terrible for me. I hope everyone else had more luck!

I did get:

$0.50 Animal Crossing 3DS

$5 Nintendogs DS Lite console with a couple games

$3 Harmony 880 Universal remote

$0.50 for 2 Meat Loaf CDs.

and that's really all that's worth posting.

TmThueB.jpg

Paid $40, same as I got the N64 console for before - this time, I'm a bit happier with that price. A few of the labels are tarnished (water damage?) and the owner somehow managed to get all four of the analogue sticks nicely loosened before they got to me, but I already got 3 tight ones and the handful of carts I've tested so far work, so whatever. Library's shaping up nicely, and I'm rather happy with the LTTP/FS too - completing four swords and getting to the palace (plus all the other extras) was one of the banes of my childhood, as I only ever managed to get through 3 stages with the only kid I knew with a copy, whose friendship ended up being short-lived. Now I can just cheese it!

Was a good thing I got this too, woulda been a crap day otherwise - I got beaten to a Gamecube lot by a few minutes, and the dude who sold me the N64 was having another sale but wouldn't part with his NES for $10, despite it having no games and a busted spring in the loading bay that caused it to stick in the depressed position. He did throw the white-label memory card at me for free, though, so he gets a pass.

Today was one heck of a day for garage saleing for me. Alright first a couple of stories:

1. I went out Thursday for a couple of quick yard sales and just found an Electronic Football 2 for $2. But then I go out today just around my neighborhood and I would say 75% of the yard sales in my area had video games. The first 3 I went to nothing but then I hit up a yard sale that had a Wii. I ask how much and they are like $50. I am a bit hesitant about it and she says lowest our son would go is $45. Everything is priced at Gamestop levels BUT I figure I can bundle it to get the near complete copy of Mario Kart Wii for cheap with it. I want to get the Wii as cheaply as possible so I can sell it to my co-worker for $20. I figure who knows the system may have a game in it that would make it worth my while. I end up paying $60 for the Wii and Mario Kart Wii. The lady also throws in a copy of Lego Batman and two Lego Star Wars games (one of them still sealed). I come home and I open the box for Mario Kart Wii and it has a complete copy of Wii Sports and a disc only copy of Wii Play. I then check the system out and lo and behold it has a copy of Brawl in it.

2. I go to the last yard sale of the day for me and see a couple of 360 games. I ask the lady if she has anything older like Nintendo stuff. She takes my number and surprisingly calls me back. She has a crate of old games mostly playstation but there is a Nintendo 64 and two controllers in there. Its all beat to hell. She then brings out another N64 this one has an expansion pack in it. I offer her $5 for the entire box, she says for one she would do $5, I'm like how about $10 then and she takes that.

and a full list:

Sale 1

Wii with Wiimote, nunchuck and extra Wiimote

Mario Kart Wii (no manual)

Wii Sports

Wii Play (disc only)

Lego Star Wars: The complete Story Wii (sealed)

Lego Star Wars 3 the clone Wars Wii (disc only in a complete story box)

Lego Batman

Smash Bros Brawl

total $60

Sale 2

Armored Core: Project Phantasma

Resident Evil 2

total $6

Sale 3

Resident Evil 2

Gunfighter: The Legend of Jesse James

Ninja Turtles playing cards

Pokemon super balls

Misty and Jessie Tomy figures

Drowzee figurine

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl pokedex

total $5

Sale 4

Two N64 consoles (one missing brick)

Two N64 controllers

Enter The Matrix USB thing

One N64 Memory card

One N64 expansion pack

Wave Race 64

two copies of 1080

two PS2 memory cards

3 random Genesis manuals

12 PS1 games

total $10

Today was terrible for me. I hope everyone else had more luck!

I did get:

$0.50 Animal Crossing 3DS

$5 Nintendogs DS Lite console with a couple games

$3 Harmony 880 Universal remote

$0.50 for 2 Meat Loaf CDs.

and that's really all that's worth posting.
Calling that a "terrible" day is a bit much by my standards. I mean, it's not uncommon that I go out to 20+ sales and come back with absolutely nothing. $5 for a Nintendo DS Lite console and some games is great, and a 50 cent good 3DS game? That's nice in my book.

Anyway, phone's currently charging... will take pics of my haul once it's complete.

[quote name="AugustAPC" post="12940033" timestamp="1443300651"]Calling that a "terrible" day is a bit much by my standards. I mean, it's not uncommon that I go out to 20+ sales and come back with absolutely nothing. $5 for a Nintendo DS Lite console and some games is great, and a 50 cent good 3DS game? That's nice in my book.

Anyway, phone's currently charging... will take pics of my haul once it's complete.[/quote]
Also, if that Harmony 880 has the charge cradle and charges with no problems, that's a hell of a find. Love that remote.

I saw someone selling a small Shark wireless vacuum cleaner at a yard sale. I asked if I could test it out in my car to see how well it worked.

I didn't buy it....I only did that because the floor in my car was a mess

Calling that a "terrible" day is a bit much by my standards. I mean, it's not uncommon that I go out to 20+ sales and come back with absolutely nothing. $5 for a Nintendo DS Lite console and some games is great, and a 50 cent good 3DS game? That's nice in my book.

Anyway, phone's currently charging... will take pics of my haul once it's complete.
Yeah, maybe it's not right for me to complain. But these finds were from about 40 sales. There was a town-wide nearby that I went to. After about 9:15, I didn't buy anything else.

So here's my loot from today... sorry it took so long.

2cxxo1z.jpg

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters - $3

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! - $3

Super Mario Strikers - $3

Super Smash Bros - $3

Dragon's Lair Trilogy - $3

Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None - $1 (Regret this purchase, lol)

X-Men Legends - $2

X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse - $2

Not pictured: Reprint of the first Iron Man comic - $0.25

Keeping the X-Men Legends games and trading the rest, unfortunately. I wanted to keep Dragon's Lair and Mario Strikers... but I just need the extra scratch to help cover pre-orders.

Not much for me this weekend. I saw a bunch of PS2 games for $5, a pink DS Lite and a bunch of girl games for $70(!), and a lot of people saying I missed the legos and video games earlier in the morning.

I did find two of those plastic 3-drawer organizers full of Lego for $20. I had just bought a 3-drawer organizer for $9 at target so that was a bonus. I'll post some pics later.

Picked up a very large lot of Magnetix this weekend. Some new, almost all in their original boxes. EBay says you can't sell these because of a recall. Any ideas for a good place to sell these? Are they very collectible?

Found something very awesome today at a storage unit! I picked up a pachinko machine, 8 CDs, and 2 boxes of shotgun shells. $30.

rMvgGvO.jpg

Advertised Pokemanz attracted me, they weren't firesale-priced, but I did end up paying $50 for Diamond (no manual, but original case and safety packet), Platinum and Fire Red (cart only), New Super Mario Bros. DS (complete), and a decent-condition white DS Lite w/charger, no scratches on screen but annoying ugly nerf armor stuck on that I'll probably rip off and goo gone later. Also came with a box for the (black) DS lite, which is a nice addition as I have my own boxless one to stick in there. Also got four empty DS cases for free, two with GBA slots, so I'll probably print up some homes for Platinum and Fire Red.

Not too bad, all games were half or less of their market price, which isn't too shabby considering that I shot myself in the foot - they had Diamond labeled $10 and Fire Red $15, I asked them why, they mentioned having searched prices online, and I started talking about how the accepted conditions for the two consoles meant that they were looking at the standard GBA price and the substandard DS one on Amazon, and that with the case included Diamond approached Fire Red at around $30 before realizing what I was saying. Lady of course questioned if she should increase Diamond to $15 or higher (rather than my intended effect of getting her to lower Fire Red), I managed to talk her out of it, then talk her down to $10 for Fire Red to boot. Bought Diamond for asking to get in her good graces, and bundled Platinum with Mario and the DS for $30 (off of $42 asking), so I'd rate that a successful disaster recovery.

Also found the Xbox and PSX lot on the way home, was my first time getting results from asking about games, though in this case it came from a seller pointing me to their neighbor's place with a camouflaged garage sale I would have missed otherwise. I don't usually grab Xbox stuff, but the prices were just so gosh darn reasonable I couldn't resist. Paid $15 for the lot, controllers might end up trashed as they're already pretty trashed up, but PSX is mine, and I might gift some Xbox stuff to a friend when he's in the area again. Of the worthwhile stuff, I'll probably keep the Halo 4 steelbook, but Battlefront 2 might just become my first real flip - apparently it's worth a silly amount for an xbox game, especially compared to the PS2 version.

Cold rainy morning but had 3 Community sales to go to. Here's what I picked up:

Champions of Norrath PS2 Black Label missing manual - $1

Donkey Kong Barrel Blast Wii Complete - $1

Clerks 10th Anniversary Edition, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Criterion DVD, Killer Klowns, It, and Ren & Stimpy Seasons 1 & 2 - $2

Also picked up a stand up of the Dos Equis guy already scared the wife with it setting it up in the corner of our bedroom ahah totally worth the purchase right there.

It's been kinda tough around here the past couple weeks finding stuff but I had a lot of fun this morning and found some decent things. Kinda sad that the season is coming to a close but it'll be nice to sleep in haha

Not many sales today, but found the wii music and we ski for $1 each, the Lego game was 50 cents, and the light saber and DS case for $1 total.

The lady told my son he could pick out a stuffed animal for free so he picked Pooh. Too bad they didn't have any of the Nintendo ones.

[attachment=17421:uploadfromtaptalk1443888029782.jpg]

[quote name="slowdive21" post="12950940" timestamp="1443888369"]Stuffed anal you say?[/quote]

Oops, stupid autocorrect... Lol

Samsung tablet - $25
Yoshi's Island - $1

Tablet has a small scratch on the screen but figured it was worth it to give to my kid.

[attachment=17442:uploadfromtaptalk1443971858197.jpg]

Someone really fucking wanted me to have an Xbox this week, I guess. Now I HAVE to hold onto battlefront 2 for collectan!

Also I have spent entirely too much money, please send help. I'm withdrawing a couple hundred and calling the end of it the end of the season.

drkQ6SZ.jpg

SO. First up. Nice older lady was cleaning out a shitload of stuff, and had a few of those disc-storage binders. I don't usually jump for disc-only, but for $25, I knew this one was worth it - top section is the worthwhile stuff, as far as I know, the rest is just extra. Xenosaga's just disc 2, but I already have the whole series complete so whatever.

5eO5F7U.jpg

LHASt4h.jpg

They all came in THE shittiest binder I've ever seen, with the manuals stuck behind those that had them - as such, the games aren't all in the best shape, but I've tested Silent Hill, Midievil, and Frogger, and they're all fully-functional, at least as far as the first few minutes of gameplay goes. I've always wanted a disc resurfacer, though, and I figure this is a decent place to ask - anyone here familiar with good resurfacers? Cheap obviously preferred, but this isn't something I want to cheapass on and ruin a bunch of discs. I'd also be interested if anyone knows a good bulk set for PS1 jewel case replacement.

yZDFXCr.jpg

Xbox lot from the same lady - paid $35 for this and all of the following, which is made up entirely by those monster component cables - no idea why the previous owner (her kid, she was selling her moved-out doctor kid's vidja without notifying him, I have become party to the most heinous of crimes) got normal components AND the overpriced monster ones, but I'm not complaining. Things are damn tight, but work well - unfortunately, the Xbox's optical drive has some issues, so I'll be busting it open and trying to clean it. Worst comes to worst, though, I have an old 2007 PC I'll cannibalize for its cd drive, should work I think? The Xbox boots fine and has no hard drive issues, so I'm not too worried.

8zGX3ea.jpg

OBbfVka.jpg

Battlefront 1 completes the set.

I got one other thing, though this was a Craigslist sale, and not necessarily one I'd repeat, as it wasn't nearly Cheapass enough. I was hungry for it, though, and the season is ending, so I ended up paying $175 for this:

2jJoCyX.jpg

7xPFpjb.jpg

SNES w/ 40 games, 3 of them boxed, though the one with shitloads of glare is just football, so who really cares. First two have manual, game, and ad/safety inserts; football has the little cartridge holder too, so I might cannibalize it for Super Punch Out. Beyond that, I've spent some time going over the stuff with a magic eraser, antibacterial wet wipes, and q-tips with rubbing alcohol, making it nice and shiny. Busted open both controllers, and all the games on the left (most of the good ones) have been cleaned so far, which was fun and worthwhile all by itself. Works perfectly (PICTURED HERE), but it's not all a bundle of roses - the price was basically for the console, the boxed stuff, and the good games, then 30ish shovelware titles thrown in, where I'd much rather have paid half what I did - on top of that, I think seller pulled shenanigans.

8J85CH1.jpg

That was listing, and while switching the mini for a full was agreed upon, unless I've counted wrong 30 times, I shoulda gotten 2 more games (plus the LOTR manual, which I did notice at the time of the sale, but wasn't enough to really annoy me). I messaged him, and was told he'd check, but I'm not holding my breath. No idea what games they are, as the res is too low, but still - be careful out there, kids. And, uh, Professor Layton was $3 at a different sale.

pVEjQFK.jpg

And, last but certainly not least - add me to the "bought porn at garage sales" club. Woman who had the PS and Xbox lot mentioned finding a bunch of her son's little secrets, like some packets of pot in his room - This would appear to be another one of them, hidden away behind the Playstation games. We had traded phone numbers in case more turned up at her place, so I made sure she was made aware - had a good laugh over it. Other CD's just a decent collection of music, for the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back