The Official August CAG 2010 Pick-Ups Thread

Picked up:
iconps3.gif
RDR (@ GH) - mint and complete w/assassin's code (haven't tried yet)
iconps3.gif
Star Wars: TFU (@ GH) - mint and complete but greatest hits case
icongamecube.gif
SSX Tricky - from a great CAGer

[quote name='lmz00']What'd Thief do to get banned again?[/QUOTE]

I was just about to ask the same thing. Honestly I don't dislike him near as much as some of the assholes that post in the deals forums. Not gonna name anyone in particular but if you frequent there you probably know the people I am talking about. :whistle2:#

That said, I came in here to post I purchased quite a few :br:'s lately... Mostly just TV shows (Dexter Seasons 1-4, Lost Season 6, and Heroes S4). Also got a couple of games and awaiting my S/E Members Rewards to come in. :D

He threadcrapped all over someones deal post, claiming that it was "the worst deal he ever saw, and the OP is wasting time posting shit like this". It was actually a legit deal, that JCPenney's / Gamestop one.

[quote name='animalspinners']He threadcrapped all over someones deal post, claiming that it was "the worst deal he ever saw, and the OP is wasting time posting shit like this". It was actually a legit deal, that JCPenney's / Gamestop one.[/QUOTE]

LMAO. Master troll... got to give it to him

Recent console pick-ups:
x2kidf.jpg

My second NES. This one has the white seal and orange gun. If I wind up ever using one of them, it'll be this one. The original is definitely staying in its box forever, though.
2epkncx.jpg

Been wanting one of these for a while now. VGA graded (85), so that saves me the trouble of sending it in. It was pretty reasonable, too.
wvx4cx.jpg

Old-school version with the parallel port and without the DualShock. I probably overpaid for this one, as I saw a newer DualShock included/parallel port-less version go for almost $200 less, but oh well. I wasn't about to wait for the next one to pop up.
Random:
15xqyyx.jpg

Some more pick-ups :D

Mostly Blu-Ray Oriented... Gotta love TV Shows on Blu!!

picture.php

Paid MSRP for the Halo Reach LE Controller cuz I am a huge Halo Fan, Got Demons Souls from Amazon Warehouse Deals

picture.php

Dexter S1-3 were from the Gold Box Deal, Got S4 at my Wal-Mart on sale, Madworld (thank you Squarehard) from amazon $2 shipped, Fallout New Vegas Coasters from K-Mart, and picked up Heroes S4 & Lost S6 on Blu-ray (yes I got Lost Season 6 early, I have a hook up for movies early). :D

Now I have full sets on Blu for both Heroes & Lost. :)

My pickups for this week. 47 games in all

Bunch of Famicom games I needed.

IMG_1154.JPG

Some CD-i Movies & Game plus a variety of mixed stuff from Goozex

IMG_1156.JPG

DSC01048.jpg

I rented Batman AA when it was released and beat it. I wanted to reply it some day since it was such a great game.

Same goes for Star Wars The Force Unleashed. I beat it on ps3 before trophies ever existed. It isn't as good as Batman AA,but it wasn't bad either.

Star Wars The Clone Wars. I just got this since it was cheap. I've played it some and do enjoy it. It kind of reminds me of Spiderman Friend or Foe. Far as the gameplay goes.

Alone In The Dark Inferno. What can I say about this game... The only thing that really bugs me is the controls and glitches. Besides those things it isn't that bad of a game.

The Watchmen. I know it didn't get rated to well and its a mindless beat-em-up,but I don't feel it was to bad either then again I got it extremely cheap and it doesn't take much to amuse me. xD

Wolfenstein. I rented it before and played it very little. I knew I would like it enough to buy it for 20 bucks. I've mostly been playing the multi-player. Only thing bad about it is the lag. :lol:

I would have bought Lost Planet 2 If I had the money at the time since it was cheap at amazon for a while. I still plan to pick it up and Modnation Racers. Whenever that is cheaper.

Far as prices go:

Alone In The Dark was 10 shipped from the amazon market place.

Batman AA was 21 shipped from the amazon market place. I didn't have a gamestop so I went with this.

Got both Star Wars games for 16 shipped from gohastings.com

Wolf came from amazon when it was 19.99

Watchemen came from amazon market place for 9.99 with the blu-ray as well.

I went to the local Goodwill. Wasnt expecting much because I have never found anything worth buying at any thrift store. Good thing I went though because I couldnt believe what I found there.

Digimon World (Complete/GH/PS1) - $5.99
Digimon World 3 (Missing Manual/PS1) - $5.99
Digimon Rumble Arena (Missing Manual/PS1) - $5.99 - I thought this was worth more like the other Digimon games ARGHHHH!!!!!

Sonic Adventure (Missing Manual/DC) - $5.99
Sonic Adventure 2 (Complete/DC) - $5.99
Resident Evil Code Veronica (Complete/DC) - $5.99
Marvel Vs Capcom (Missing Manual/DC) - $5.99

Mario Golf (Cart Only/N64) - $5.99
Mario Party 3 (Cart Only/N64) - $5.99
Super Smash Bros (Cart Only/N64) - $5.99

I am more surprised by the condition of these games. The PS1 discs were in excellent condition except for a few small scratches. The Dreamcast discs were in very good condition as well. The N64 carts were excellent.

They had more games like Halo, Halo 2, like all the Pokemon games for the N64, other crap ps1 and dreamcast titles, and game gear games but they price everything $5.99 for games so I passed on the rest.

I dont even have a Dreamcast. I guess it's time to get one now. I still can't believe all the discs and carts were in such good condition. Only thing that sucked is all the cases are cracked but they can be replaced.

Thanks for reading! Oh yeah got Hot Tub Time Machine on Blu-Ray for $14.99 at Best Buy.

[quote name='kk012']^^ Wow, nice haul on those Famicom games!!! Where did you pick them up from?[/QUOTE]

There's a guy in Japan who I've been buying lots off of for about 4-5 years now. Every several months, he emails me when he has a lot of 50 or more titles and I buy them. I keep the ones I'm missing then trade or sell off the dupes.

I'm up over 650 different Famicom games with no end in site. There were many more titles released in Japan than here in the states. It's been a great collecting challenge. :)

Went to Half Price Books again today. %50 off coupon is pretty damn sweet. I also picked some stuff up from that craigslist guy finally... I have a feeling he browses CAG, so if he's watching, here's to you bro.

First HPB had no games/guides interesting except vampire masquerade bloodlines and a FF13 LE guide. Almost got bloodlines, until I saw this on the shelf above it.
1000562wu.jpg
N64 complete w/ cables, and expansion pak. Just hooked it up and tested it, works great. Came with a copy of majoras mask and 2 controllers. The grey one is bunk, has wonky buttons and the stick is god awful. Purple is great though, seems it was the 2P controller that rarely got used;)

Came to $18.63 w/ the coupon.

Met up with a guy I found on craigslist, after I posted an ad saying I buy strategy guides. He had a lot of newer titles, mostly sports stuff, but I got these from him.
1000567j.jpg
Mario Kart Wii sealed
FF Crystal Bearers mint
Fallout 3 GOTY CE guide sealed

$30 for the 3, couldnt believe he had the fallout guide when he emailed me, haha.

The next 2 pictures are from HPB/Gamestops.
1000563m.jpg

1000566w.jpg

Stopped at a gamestop near the meet up point and found 5 copies of MP trilogy, and 3 of modnation racers.

They only let me get away with 1 of each, but I may go back tomorrow and see if there's different employees working... mainly because there was an Uncharted 2 guide that I FORGOT WAS PENNIED.

I was kicking myself on the ride over to the next HPB, where I found the 360 HD DVD player for $13 with coupon. Figured it was an easy flip, and was easily the most profitable of all the guides/games they had.

My car was dying but I was persistent, stopped at one last HPB and got the Resident Evil guide and sealed Soul calibur 4 LE guide for $12.

They had a Halo edition Xbox that would have been $25 after coupon, think I did the right thing passing on it?

[quote name='Potatoeman']Went to Half Price Books again today. %50 off coupon is pretty damn sweet. I also picked some stuff up from that craigslist guy finally... I have a feeling he browses CAG, so if he's watching, here's to you bro.

First HPB had no games/guides interesting except vampire masquerade bloodlines and a FF13 LE guide. Almost got bloodlines, until I saw this on the shelf above it.
1000562wu.jpg
N64 complete w/ cables, and expansion pak. Just hooked it up and tested it, works great. Came with a copy of majoras mask and 2 controllers. The grey one is bunk, has wonky buttons and the stick is god awful. Purple is great though, seems it was the 2P controller that rarely got used;)

Came to $18.63 w/ the coupon.

Met up with a guy I found on craigslist, after I posted an ad saying I buy strategy guides. He had a lot of newer titles, mostly sports stuff, but I got these from him.
1000567j.jpg
Mario Kart Wii sealed
FF Crystal Bearers mint
Fallout 3 GOTY CE guide sealed

$30 for the 3, couldnt believe he had the fallout guide when he emailed me, haha.

The next 2 pictures are from HPB/Gamestops.
1000563m.jpg

1000566w.jpg

Stopped at a gamestop near the meet up point and found 5 copies of MP trilogy, and 3 of modnation racers.

They only let me get away with 1 of each, but I may go back tomorrow and see if there's different employees working... mainly because there was an Uncharted 2 guide that I FORGOT WAS PENNIED.

I was kicking myself on the ride over to the next HPB, where I found the 360 HD DVD player for $13 with coupon. Figured it was an easy flip, and was easily the most profitable of all the guides/games they had.

My car was dying but I was persistent, stopped at one last HPB and got the Resident Evil guide and sealed Soul calibur 4 LE guide for $12.

They had a Halo edition Xbox that would have been $25 after coupon, think I did the right thing passing on it?[/QUOTE]
Just out of curiosity, how much does flipping bring in per month?

Had really good some decent pick-up. Because these were all free!!!! :)
IMG_0039.jpg
[/IMG]

Had got some good trades in Magic today also.
IMG_0042.jpg

lmz00, im not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... But I made about $400 last month... just to use as extra cash. Im in college and still live w/ just my mom, who's a waitress(wooo 20k/year). I only work part time.

Also, nice job Djhero, dragon warrior 7 is a great find, not to mention free. Also, is that .hack quarantine in the middle of the xenosaga games? Man, you sure did hit a small goldmine. Where at if I may ask?

PS. If you're up for trading Ive been looking for a guide for chrono cross...

[quote name='Potatoeman']lmz00, im not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... But I made about $400 last month... just to use as extra cash. Im in college and still live w/ just my mom, who's a waitress(wooo 20k/year). I only work part time.
[/QUOTE]

I used to flip shit all the time in college too. :)

I flipped quite a few Earthbounds in school. Those and rare guides and stuff from the pawn shop. It was good supplemental income (aka Beer Money) ;)

Now adays I flip but not as much. I make enough (cuz of college) to support my gaming habit/collecting. Although the occasional flip is just pure spending money now. :D

Months almost over already? That was quick.

Anyways, here's pretty much the haul for this month. Missing a few things that still hasn't arrived in the mail, but those will probably be it for this particular month.

cimg0236c.jpg

[quote name='Potatoeman']lmz00, im not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... But I made about $400 last month... just to use as extra cash. Im in college and still live w/ just my mom, who's a waitress(wooo 20k/year). I only work part time.

Also, nice job Djhero, dragon warrior 7 is a great find, not to mention free. Also, is that .hack quarantine in the middle of the xenosaga games? Man, you sure did hit a small goldmine. Where at if I may ask?

PS. If you're up for trading Ive been looking for a guide for chrono cross...[/QUOTE]

I got them from a guy in our shop that's getting ready to leave for Japan. Just came in with a tub of stuff and said take what you want. (Someone took the Final Fantasy Chornciles and doesn't even own a playstation :wall:) And It's the Xenosaga series. All but the third one. Sure, I'm up for trading the guide. I guess just pm me.

[quote name='DjHero_X']No I wasn't at nationals. I don't think I'm good enough yet. I mostly just play FNM and legacy casual.[/QUOTE]

Ah, don't have to be good to play in the side events..

But, it's easy for me to say since I'm from Minnesota :)

Here's mine for the month:

imag0006s.jpg

P3P was in my gold box, so I picked it up. It came with the hat(guess Amazon still has plenty of them). Bought PES2010 for $10 at Target.

photo0039n.jpg

Got the Simpsons Season 13 DVD for $30.30 (tax included). I am a Simpsons fanatic, I have seasons 1-13 on dvd and season 20 on blu ray.

photo-11.jpg

TRU: Ponyo Blu-ray with 2 pre-orders for $10
BB: Sega Sonic All-Star Racing $19.99
Amazon: Star Ocean: First Departure guide $12.23
Chrono Trigger $13.20
(not pictured from TRU: ME2, Darksiders, Bayonetta, Tekken6, The Saboteur, C&C:Red Alert 3, Lego Indiana Jones 2, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, Konami Classics Vol 1&2, and some others)

photo-12.jpg

Goozex
NES: Maniac Mansion 150 pts
Gradius with manual and dust cover 100 pts
SNES: Aero the Acrobat 2 150 pts
Wario's Woods 150 pts
DS: Bomber Land Touch! complete 150 points
N64: Goemon's Great Adventure with manual 350 pts
Pokemon Snap 100 pts
Gameboy: Super Mario Land 2 with manual and plastic case 150 pts
Gantz Season 2 400 pts

I had a period in which I didn't really get many games coming from Goozex so I was getting worried, but now it seems that there are more people trading in games for points, which is a good thing! Also, all the recent games I have received are in good condition (no yellowing and heavily damaged labels). I still have tons of points-haha. I wonder how long it will take for me to spend it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Potatoeman']Is that star ocean guide sealed? It looks excellent condition![/QUOTE]

Nope, it is not sealed, but it is new from Amazon. I figure I better buy some of these RPG guides before they are OOP and become pricey.

[quote name='Segasonic01']
100_1220.jpg

Force Unleashed Sith Edition sealed-$40
S&SASR R/C car-$20
Amy plush-$13[/QUOTE]
Love the classic Amy plush. I've been in a bit of a Sonic collecting kind of mood, myself. May post pics later.

bread's done
Back