The Official Black Friday Experience Topic (What You Saw, Did, Bought, Etc.)

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

anyways can someone explain to me why i couldnt get mario golf and super smash melee as part of the 2 pc titles for 25???? that pissed me off[/quote]

It's all GH, PH, and PC titles regularily priced $19.99.[/quote]

AHHH damn melee,,i guess the hell with it then...theres really no other pc or ph that interest me[/quote]

It should drop to $20 IMO.[/quote]

You can get Mario Golf on-line as part of the deal even though it's not on the offical PH list. Just add it to your cart and enter the 2for25 code. It may also work for Melee, but I haven't checked.

Best buy was killer coulndt even get in

But they had all the $5 Dvds i got
Donnie Darko
Training Day
Thelma & louise for my sister

Got a carhart from Dicks for $50

Eb barely had any any Pc or Gh games but i got my little brother Pokemon Channel for $10

and everything else my mom bought

[quote name='captainfrizo'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077'][quote name='Trakan'][quote name='guyver2077']well i just came from eb and got my doom3 and riddick...the own manager of the store couldnt believe the prices....

anyways can someone explain to me why i couldnt get mario golf and super smash melee as part of the 2 pc titles for 25???? that pissed me off[/quote]

It's all GH, PH, and PC titles regularily priced $19.99.[/quote]

AHHH damn melee,,i guess the hell with it then...theres really no other pc or ph that interest me[/quote]

It should drop to $20 IMO.[/quote]

You can get Mario Golf on-line as part of the deal even though it's not on the offical PH list. Just add it to your cart and enter the 2for25 code. It may also work for Melee, but I haven't checked.[/quote]

Yeah we know about Mario Golf. SSB:M isn't working though. :evil:

Got to Best Buy at 5:15 with about 100 people in front of me. Wanted the digital camcorder for $199, but it was sold out. Did manage to pick up The Sims ($4.99), Full Spectrum Warrior ($19.99), 24 Season 1 ($12.99), Aladdin ($9.99) and price-matched Simpsons Season 4 ($17.77) and Buffy 7 ($17.77) from Target. Swung by Circuit City to get a few more things, and they said they did not price match any other store's morning sales. Anyone else get this problem??

Headed out @ 3:30 AM to Meijer.
Got to Meijer around 4ish, grabbed all the games I wanted (MP2: Echoes, DOA Ultimate, LifeLine, and Gungrave OD) hopped in line at 5ish, and got all 4 for $111 including tax.

Hit up Target at 6, got Simpsons Season 4 for about $19 w/tax.

Hit up EBGames and got Doom 3 and Riddick for $32 w/tax.

An incredibly successful (and not very stressful!) day!

I may hit up Meijer again tomorrow for some more games, but otherwise I'm quite happy with my loot.

I too got up at 5:30 went first to Media Play, Then Staples, Then EB Games, Then Circuit City and Best Buy last...
I Bought...
Fender Squier Stratocast Guitar Pack
007 James Bond Everything or Nothing for PS2 (9.99)
Kill.Switch for XBOX (9.99)
Wario World For Gamecube (9.99)
Nightshade for PS2 (Free)
A Bunch of Discout P.C Games at EB (mafia, black and white deluxe, No One lives forever, and some others)

My dad got an MP3 Player and Palm Pilot

Thats about it, now im going to sleep :)

So far, got
Iomega 160 HD $90
Epson Printer with some digital camera for $70
Four Swords Adventure at Eb for $20

Hopefully, Target will give out some rainchecks to me for the Tales of Symphonia, Family Guy and Simpsons, because I can't drive and my parents are at work.

Just ordered Mario Golf and Animal Crossing online for $28.49 since MG wasn't available in store. Now I'll have everything I had my eyes on for the BF sales.

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='phrmcst'][quote name='Indiana']What's the price for Chronicles of Riddick at EB? I did not see that in the ad. Is it for Xbox and PS2? Or is just the PS2 one on sale?[/quote]

I picked up the Xbox one for $9.99 as a part of their 3 day weekend sale. The ad only shows the Xbox one.[/quote]

i dont think Riddick is on Ps2...[/quote]

It isn't. Only on Xbox right now. PC version comes out in December.

Camped out at fry's around 3:00.

Got:
25" tv = 80
8x DVD burner = 30
Nero 6 = 15 after MIR

Their 3 games for 30 deal was a mess. There was on guy in the whole place with a paper that had a list of all the games that were on sale. It ended up being a trial and error thing where people brought up games to him and asked if it was part of the deal. I said screw it and picked up Panzer Dragoon Orta for 15

I just stopped by ebgames for my copy of doom 3 and picked up 9 used PC games. Traded in my GBA + DBZ game for $30 credit and walked away scott free($0.32).

There wasnt many people there, and everything went relitively smooth.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='phrmcst'][quote name='Indiana']What's the price for Chronicles of Riddick at EB? I did not see that in the ad. Is it for Xbox and PS2? Or is just the PS2 one on sale?[/quote]

I picked up the Xbox one for $9.99 as a part of their 3 day weekend sale. The ad only shows the Xbox one.[/quote]

i dont think Riddick is on Ps2...[/quote]

It isn't. Only on Xbox right now. PC version comes out in December.[/quote]

they are porting it to the PS2 though.

and EB was not bad, except for all the little brats running all over the place

decided to experience this bf from the front of my computer

bought doom 3 ($20) and call of duty ($10) from ebgames (along with some other dirt cheap games)

looked and saw that far cry jumped back up to $30 today on best buy's site and said "phooey"

and that was that

I'm considering doing a buy two get 1 free at ebgames.
I'm thinking Star Ocean 3, Shin Megami(or Metroid Prime 2 if I can find it) and then Puzzle Fighter for the PS 1 for free.

Right after work I went off to look for a Nintendo DS. After checking about 5 stores, I finally found one at Gamestop. Maybe later I'll pick up a game or two for it, possibly Mario 64.

Ah, great BF this year!

I managed to score:

2 GBAs: $79.99
20" Flatscreen TV/DVD: $129.99
5 50-pack CD-Rs: FAR
2 DVD-Rs: FAR
200 GB WD HD: $49.99
Lifesize play Castle (for younger cousins): $39.99

And a few other small things. :p

Got out of bed about 9 went to BB, hoping to get some of the things on my list:

got the 17 " flat screen $190 something after MIR,
and the 160 GB hard drive for $30 after MIR,
and the retrocon controller for $10,
and the Sims deluxe for $5,

I was late but got everything I wanted except MP3 player. Lines were less than 30 minutes at that point, and the workers said the lines were like 2 hours this morning.

So my extra sleep was worth it! Now I start filling out rebate forms, oh what fun.

Anybody see many Nintendo DS, BB had about 5 left on the shelves.

I bought:

Super Mario Sunshine/Mario Golf (EB) - 2 for $25.
Tales of Symphonia (Target) - $23.88
Allure: Chapter III (CC) - $11.99 (so worth it just to hear the Ron Artest rap alone)
Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse (Compusa) - $7.99 :shock: :shock: (it normally retails for $40)

Hit up OfficeMax at 7 this morning for a digital camera + printer deal ($150) for the wife. The line was about 80 deep when I got there. Grabbed the box, paid, and got out of there. Probably took 5 mins.

Hit up Target and Circuit City for some dvd deals.

Next was Eb and they were almost out of all their preowned PC titles. Was alittle disappointed. Remember the bin was full the last time I was there for Halo 2 and the markdown was 50% then (75% now). Picked up Riddick x2 (one gift, one for myself), Call of Duty, Spiderman 2 XB, and Max Payne 2 PS2. Those were the last 2 Riddicks that they had.

Headed over to Bestbuy for the heck of it. Wish I didn't. The line to pay was pretty long. Was going to pick up a few things, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Got mostly what I wanted to get this morning. I usually don't try to do all my shopping in one morning. Black Friday is to chaotic around here for that. Got home by 10:30.

Columbia, SC stores

got banned from a local best buy for fighting (okay beating the shit out of) 2 dudes that think they can get in front of a 300 person line

not hap'nen :D

[quote name='Dogpatch']Hit up OfficeMax at 7 this morning for a digital camera + printer deal ($150) for the wife. The line was about 80 deep when I got there. Grabbed the box, paid, and got out of there. Probably took 5 mins.

Next was Eb and they were almost out of all their preowned PC titles. Was alittle disappointed. Remember the bin was full the last time I was there for Halo 2 and the markdown was 50% then (75% now). Picked up Riddick x2 (one gift, one for myself), Call of Duty, Spiderman 2 XB, and Max Payne 2 PS2. Those were the last 2 Riddicks that they had.

Headed over to Bestbuy for the heck of it. Wish I didn't. The line to pay was pretty long. Was going to pick up a few things, but decided it wasn't worth it.

Got mostly what I wanted to get this morning. I usually don't try to do all my shopping in one morning. Black Friday is to chaotic around here for that. Got home by 10:30.

Columbia, SC stores[/quote]

I didn't pull the trigger on Spiderman, either at Best Buy or at EB... I played the first (coincidentally, which I bought LAST BF for $9.99 at EB) and didn't muc care for it. The line at the Best Buy I went to stretched all the way to the back, and that's not exaggeration. They said that checkout would be at least in 35 minutes. Looking at the copy of The Sims Deluxe (seeing as I already have The Sims 2 which I'm barely playing) and my hesitation to buy SM2, I just said eff it and left.

I started shopping for my wife, at Boston Store where I scored a audio system for my inlaws. (Wood, plays records, CDs, tapes, and radio) . . . 6 am

I was standing in line at Best Buy from 6:30 to 6:45 with a $12.99 dvd set of 24 season one . . . dropped it and left because I could see that the line was going to take an hour!

I went to ebgames . . . was going to do the 2 for 25 but all the ones I wanted were opened copies . . . WTF! nothing sealed . . . I HATE them. But those games are $15 anyday at Best Buy with GAG and could be found cheaper down the line . . . so I moved on.

I went to Wal-Mart and they price matched 24 based on the Best Buy ad . . . I bought 2 . . . I'll see if I can sell on on ebay for almost $30 to make the other free :)

I thought about it for awhile and went out to the car got the ebgames ad and then proceeded to price match the Tom Clancy Classic Trilogy-- it has a Platinum Hits logo on it ($40 normal 3 games-Splinter, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 3) . . . got 2 for $25 (down from $80) . . . Very Sweet!!! Someone posted getting one for $14.77 last week using the Target ad . . . great idea!

I didn't have the patience to look for any more games at Wal-Mart.

I got three leap frog books for $10 each . . . for the kids at TRU. plus toys

Found a $6 clearance copy of Panzer Dragoon (xbox) . . . at Shopko and got a $10 Riddick on PM.

Got 2 Tales of Symphonia rainchecks at Target.

Now, I don't want to go near a store for days!

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']gonna leave the house at 5am, go to Fry's first, then Comp USA, then Circuit City, and finally Best Buy. but i'm only going to buy things in the first two stores i mentioned, the other two, just tagging along.

not getting much this year, nothing game related too. hoping to get a 60GB hard drive for $30, and some 50 packs of blank CDs for $3.50. i'm also broke this year, but i'll try to get something at least.[/quote]

heh, my alarm didn't go off (or i slept right through it) and i just slept from when i posted, til now. boo freakin hoo.

[quote name='schultzed']I was standing in line at Best Buy with a $12.99 dvd set of 24 season one . . . dropped it and left because I could see that the line was going to take an hour!

I went to ebgames . . . was going to do the 2 for 25 but all the ones I wanted were opened copies . . . WTF! nothing sealed. But those games are $15 anyday at Best Buy with GAG and could be found cheaper down the line . . . so I moved on.

I went to Wal-Mart and they price matched 24 based on the Best Buy ad . . . I bought 2 . . . I'll see if I can sell on on ebay for almost $30 to make the other free :)

I thought about it for awhile and went out to the car got the ebgames ad and then proceeded to price match the Tom Clancy Classic Trilogy has a Platinum Hits logo on it ($40 3 games-Splinter, Ghost Recon, Rainbow 3) . . . got 2 for $25 . . . Very Sweet!!! Someone posted getting one for $14.77 last week using the Target ad . . . great idea!

I didn't have the patience to look for more games at Wal-Mart.

I got three leap frog books for $10 each . . . for the kids at TRU.

Found a $6 clearance copy of Panzer Dragoon (xbox) . . . at Shopko and got a $10 Riddick on PM.

Got 2 Tales of Symphonia rainchecks at Target.

Now, I don't want to go near a store for days![/quote]

nice scores. I over slept today. I wanted the 42" TV from CC. My parents got the last one. So that would have sucked.

I know the feeling to those that woke up late.. I woke up at 5:45am and pretty much said rush to the Walmart down the street, or just wait here till 7am and go to EB... EB won out...

BTW, having a wireless mouse truly makes everything (including playing the Sims) much much better.

I had no probs at BB, CC, Target, Frys getting what i wanted. Except i had to hit an extra target cause two fat haggard ass old ladies hogged every god damn talking care bear beanie..yeah i said it, talking care bear beanies lol..My niece is die hard on em and i was determined.

Also picked up some 100 CDr pack (FAR)
I woulda picked up some DVD-rs, but then realized, I don't got a DVD burner :p

Were there any DVD burners on sale during the Black Friday confusion?

I arrived at CC around 6:05, picked up the free after rebate CD-Rs (there were 3 left when I got there), and waited online for 20 minutes. I then went to EB and got Katamari Damacy and Sonic Mega Collection+ (PS2) for $25. No line (barely any people) there. SMC+ was a gutted copy, but it was the only other $20 game I really wanted.

'eh..wasnt too good..didnt get much, but it was more like a PIMP MY GRANDMA day...i got her a dvd player, mom got her a stereo system, and my uncle got her a big screen tv, and we also got her a cordless phone..shes gonna be happy :whistle2:D
i also ran into an old friend, and she got pretty damn hot :whistle2:X!!! so i guess that made the day worth it

[quote name='punqsux']i almost got run over by an elderly couple, i love walking in front of cars, peoples reactions are classic[/quote]

Although I dont think you would do as much damage to their car as I would.

[quote name='greydemise']'eh..wasnt too good..didnt get much, but it was more like a PIMP MY GRANDMA day...i got her a dvd player, mom got her a stereo system, and my uncle got her a big screen tv, and we also got her a cordless phone..shes gonna be happy :whistle2:D
i also ran into an old friend, and she got pretty damn hot :whistle2:X!!! so i guess that made the day worth it[/quote]

What, no Xbox? :wink:

And damn, I ran into a former trainer that I told off (before I subsequently QUIT the job) at Target... talk about getting the gasface... someone called my name and I didn't recognize the voice, and the 'character' in me showed up: 'who the fuck are you to call my name?' and then I turned around and was like 'oh my damn...'

My first ever black friday that I had extra money to spend so i went all out.
Woke up at 1:30 and got in the best buy line at 2 and was already like 15th, the people in front of me all had sleepingbags and were there for a while.
Got the 30 hard drive, 50 lcd, 499 laptop, and wireless kit .
Best of all I am playing world of warcraft on my new laptop :) so today was incredibly successful.. for such a low end laptop, it sure plays warcraft great.
At the time I was freezing my but off, I didnt think it was worth it, but now that im home in a warm apt and playing a great game, I would do it again next year if im not broke.
:p

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='Dogpatch']Hit up OfficeMax at 7 this morning for a digital camera + printer deal ($150) for the wife. The line was about 80 deep when I got there. Grabbed the box, paid, and got out of there. Probably took 5 mins.

Columbia, SC stores[/quote]

I didn't pull the trigger on Spiderman, either at Best Buy or at EB... I played the first (coincidentally, which I bought LAST BF for $9.99 at EB) and didn't muc care for it. The line at the Best Buy I went to stretched all the way to the back, and that's not exaggeration. They said that checkout would be at least in 35 minutes. Looking at the copy of The Sims Deluxe (seeing as I already have The Sims 2 which I'm barely playing) and my hesitation to buy SM2, I just said eff it and left.[/quote]

Spiderman 2 is not like the first one. It is setup like Grand Theft Auto where you can roam around the city abit. Decent reviews when it came out and so-so graphics. I hope I enjoy it.

Ya the Bestbuy line I saw stretched like a snake through the appliances at the left side of the store and on towards the back.

woke up nicely at 8:30 got to staples at 9:10 nothig there, went to CompUSA and got what i needed.
DVR-A08XL internal PC dvd recorded. 2 of em. 120 each
3 10 dollar mini thumb drives 128mb
2 packs of 100 blank dvd disks at 20 bucks.

not really the super big sales but the cheaper stuff was long gone. overall pretty happy.

Went to BB 1st and got a fridge for the wife, DVD player for $59 some assorted CD's. The went to EB got my son Spiderman 2 and Riddick for myself. All in all a pretty good day.
Picked up the Nirvana box set "with the lights out' at Target for $27.88

I got up at 5:45 and went to best buy with my cousin. WE got there just as they opened and saw the swarming herds of people goin in. I got crash nitro kart and virtua fighter 4 evolution and a ps2 controller. We waited in line for about 1 hour. all the dman lines were throughout the isles and through the warehouse. Then we went to EB games and I got riddick, metal gear solid for ps1 and rainbow six for pc for .75

When we hit our Super Target at opening the place was a mess. We were there about twenty minutes. But they have a row of around twenty to thirty registers and they were all open. We didn't even have a line.

I got Riddick for $10 the other day online at EB's site. I went there this morning to get $20 Doom 3, there was only like 1 or 2 other customers there. Then I went to Target and got Budokai 3 for $38 and 2 DVD's (Shrek 2 and Mulan, which was $12.88 and my primary reason for going there) I was able to check out at the Electronics counter, which was fairly busy but I was able to get in and out quickly.

Got up like always at 4:00 and rounded up the gang and hit bestbuy, target, circuitcity, frys, office depot all at once (we like to divide and conquer). We loaded up on dvds and players, cds, flash drives, blank media, toys, head phones, a sweet compaq wireless mouse w/charger for $7 :D and of course a buncha games. The only thing we couldn't get was the dvd burner at frys :evil: , but it was still a good haul.

This was my first Black Friday experience. It's not too bad.

Best Buy:
My BF experience actually started last night when I ordered Aladdin, Man on Fire, The Chappelle Show, and 24 on BB. Woke up at 7:20 and got to BB on bus at 8:20. Was somewhat pissed that they still have all the DVDs I ordered avaliable. Looked around for Half-Life Platinum and found a bunch of them (Some dude later came and took a basket-full (the rest of them) and looked like he was going to grab a bunch of CoD too, jerk...). Walked around even more to see deals. Picked up College Hoops 2K5 also. Tried to PM Seinfeld with customer service, but failed. Start to stand in-line. Took less than 30 minutes. Asked the register guy about PMing, and they actually let me. Kept jumping around register clerks and ended up with a guy who I knew from high school. Everything went smoothly. Got out of BB at 9:30ish.

Office Max:
My mom wanted the CD-Rs and it was next door, so I decided to drop by. Found all the CD-Rs sold out, but I was able to pick up a Microsoft Wireless Intellimose Explorer for $20 and a pack of 100 slim CD cases (free AR). This line took about 20 minutes even with less people in line...

EB Games:
Got to EB at around 10:30. Wanted to pick up Wind Waker and Mario Golf, but they only had WW. Try to get Viewtiful Joe instead, but they also sold that out. At last, went back home and ordered WW and MG online instead.

Fry's:
I didn't really go to Fry's, but my friend was going. So I asked him to pick up the Indiana Jones and Godfather DVD collections ($30 each, can't pass that up). I still haven't heard from him though.

With all these DVDs that I brought, I realized I don't have a DVD player to play them. Maybe I should have grabbed one at BB too... Eh, I'll save up for the region 0 one in Radio Shack instead.

Went out with my mom at 5 AM to JC Penney's to pick up some new boots for myself, then headed out to EB to pick up some games for my boyfriend--Doom 3, and the Call of Duty expansion. After that we headed to Best Buy for the 24 season 1 dvd. Long ass line, but it went surprisingly fast for being wrapped through all the way from the back of the store. Was in and out of there in maybe 15 minutes.
Went to do a few more errands and bill-paying, dropped everything we'd both bought at home, and went back out to Wal*Mart (where I found a great emerald necklace

Great stories and great hauls, everyone. You all did very well.

It was my frist Black Friday experience. Did pretty well.

First, got to CompUSA 15 minutes before it opened. Talked to some people in line; everyone was very nice. There wasn't a big line, and things went smoothly overall. Since there was a Krispy Kreme next door, the Krispy Kreme people gave everyone waiting free donuts.

CompUSA gave a voucher to everyone who came for a desktop or laptop computer. That was really nice of them, they were guaranteeing everyone what they wanted. Pretty cool.

I went in and got 2 100-pack spindles of DVD-R media. Then, I used a $5 off $25 coupon I was given on the back of a CompUSA receipt I got earlier in the week. Walked out 12 minutes after the store opened with 200 DVD-R discs for only $35. :)

Then, my mother wanted to go to Walgreens to pick up some cheap household items, so I tagged along. Picked up really cheap batteries, sodas, coffee, toilet paper, little toys and Christmas items and such. Saved about $20 with the coupons, overall.

Pretty cool experience. I'd do it again if I have the money next year.

Left for Best Buy at 6:30
Got there at 7
Got my Aladdin, Max Payne 2 and Jill Scott words and sounds vol 1 for $29.33
Saw the line was long, but someone turned around at the end, so I heel-toed in from of him
Line took about 15 minutes tops, and it was pretty long
Went to Circuit city and got Chrics Rock: Bigger and Blacker and Bext of the Chris Rock show vol 2 for $10.88
Went home and overslept, so I miseed my High School's City Championship game at Soldier Field

Ended up hitting Target, EB, Best Buy, Circuit City, Kohls and Old Navy. Got a crapload of DVDs, a few games, and some clothes. Overall it was a great day for shopping.

The line at Kohls was one of the longest lines I've ever stood in. It reminded me of going to Magic Mountain when I was younger.

BF rocks! I got Full Spectrum Warrior and GTA:Double Pack for $15 each at BB, while my gf and my grandma were shopping at JCPenney, there I got a Nintendo Hoodie, $7 pair of jeans, and a $9 miller lite shirt.. rock!

I wanted to get Metroid Prime 2 and Feel the Magic at Meijer for bogo 50% off, but they were sold out of everything DS, so didn't get anything there..

I ordered a bunch of stuff online. Didn't have to get up early, either. My friends mom went to AAFES (on base) and price matched a bunch of stuff.

I'm looking the papers over again... to see if there are any Saturday sales that I might want to try... thank goodness the Sims Deluxe is a Saturday sale... I'm STILL debating Spiderman 2... I'm sure there are other Saturday sales that I overlooked...

bread's done
Back