The Official CAG August 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

I find it kind of funny just how prevalent flippers have become. I mean within two posts of each other two different people bought two of the same collectors editions to resell. It just goes to show how limited something actually is in today's day in age. Not to mention the whole reason why prices get gouged.

Funny-Cats-Funny-Cat-Picture-046-FunnyPica.com_.jpg

Dear lord that was a ton of gaming goodness! Nice find!

So what's with everyone picking up two copies I Kingdom Hearts? :/

I grabbed a few things today. 20 bucks total. I'm happy.

7FB0C8C9-F511-485C-B0E3-6BD04985BADD-1307-000000BAA8003DD3.jpg

Snapshot_20120815.jpg

Stupid software water marked it and reversed it lol.

MGS HD LE sealed $65
Batman AA $20 from erewards credit
ICO & the shadow of the colossus $19 from swagbucks

f7GH1.jpg

Craigslist pickup. I haven't finished cleaning it up and it's missing the sign insert up top but is in pretty good condition otherwise. Came with a ton of pegs for the peg board. It's pretty cool. I'm more excited about it than I think I should be.

It's been a while since I've been on, and I have picked up a ton of stuff. Between Best Buy, KMart and a few other random places(Including my parents house) I've gotten a lot of stuff I even forgot I owned. I'll be posting pictures in the next couple of days of everything. Then, shortly after, finally making a trade list since some of it is silly and random and will just end up taking up space.

On a side note, my backlog has gotten down right silly, and all I have played are the Assassin Creeds because I've been looking forward to 3.

Not sure if it counts but my Dad bought about 60-70 Dvds for about 30-40 dollars from a Going out of Business sale from the Video Store I mentioned in the thread earlier. At least half of it is UFC (he loves it) and the rest is Action and what not. Me and him picked up about 100 Dvds together. :lol:

I would've picked up more Horror (my Cousin-in-Law says I'm a fanatic) but it closed forever. :[

Been on a vampire kick lately after really enjoying Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on Steam.

pics23083.jpg

pics23084.jpg

iPad 3. First time with an iPad :) Jaws Special Edition, wish the steelbook came out in the US :/

pics23082.jpg

[quote name='NinjaPenguin7']Been on a vampire kick lately after really enjoying Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines on Steam.

pics23083.jpg

pics23084.jpg

iPad 3. First time with an iPad :) Jaws Special Edition, wish the steelbook came out in the US :/

pics23082.jpg
[/QUOTE]

nice pickups

My Atlas gun came!

DB7BE339-DC0D-4702-B7DB-14D09C90AF97-773-00000050B593585A.jpg

Unfortunately, Amazon shipped it in no outer box and the back face of the box had a gigantic mashed in hole. Strange since the first two guns I received also came from Amazon and both came in outer boxes. I never planned on keeping it sealed, but I still would have liked the box to have not had a gigantic hole when it got to my house. Luckily, the gun itself was undamaged.

picture.php

From the Best Buy sale

picture.php

It took a little longer for Amazon to ship it out than I expected, but I was glad to see that it still came in the limited box.

picture.php

Battlemorph! :bouncy: I'll need something to test my Jaguar CD when it comes. Hopefully it doesn't take forever for me to fix.

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php

From the Best Buy sale

picture.php

It took a little longer for Amazon to ship it out than I expected, but I was glad to see that it still came in the limited box.

picture.php

Battlemorph! :bouncy: I'll need something to test my Jaguar CD when it comes. Hopefully it doesn't take forever for me to fix.[/QUOTE]
Get ready to hear the same phrase over and over again when you are playing. "Were did you learn to fly?"

1fxysw.jpg

Got these at a local thrift store. Does anybody know anything about the game that is next to Final Fantasy?

2qvw7r9.jpg

68da82.jpg

I got the Last Story from Game Stop without pre-ordering it, but it did not come with a CD. Was the CD a pre-order bonus ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jman2avatar']

I got the Last Story from Game Stop without pre-ordering it, but it did not come with a CD. Was the CD a pre-order bonus ?[/QUOTE]

Yep the CD was a preorder bonus.

Sure'nuff.

I gotta say, I'm so satisfied with Last Story's limited edition. The box is awesome and I love how the art is embossed. No extra cost, I get a great box, art book and soundtrack. Can't beat that!

I'm sick of the lame bonuses that have been coming with JRPG LE's lately. Sponges? Hand towels? fuck that shit. I like variety. Like the boobie-mousepad that came with Agarest 1 was amusing... but some of this shit is just getting really ridiculous! We get a SPONGE with Mugen Souls!

I'll take an art-book, soundtrack and mini-figure over any other LE bonus any day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AugustAPC']Sure'nuff.

I gotta say, I'm so satisfied with Last Story's limited edition. The box is awesome and I love how the art is embossed. No extra cost, I get a great box, art book and soundtrack. Can't beat that!

I'm sick of the lame bonuses that have been coming with JRPG LE's lately. Sponges? Hand towels? fuck that shit. I like variety. Like the boobie-mousepad that came with Agarest 1 was amusing... but some of this shit is just getting really ridiculous! We get a SPONGE with Mugen Souls!

I'll take an art-book, soundtrack and mini-figure over any other LE bonus any day.[/QUOTE]

I like the variety as long as the swag is appropriate for the game. The Agarest series isn't exactly high brow so stuff like hand towels and blow up dolls is fitting. Packing stuff like that in with The Last Story would be jarring and lame, though.

[quote name='jman2avatar']
Got these at a local thrift store. Does anybody know anything about the game that is next to Final Fantasy?
[/QUOTE]

That is King of Collosseum Red. It is a Japanese pro wrestling game, one of the best ever made. It's not rare or valuable but it's a great game.
ebay

Also, the last story soundtrack was pre order only.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Sure'nuff.

I'll take an art-book, soundtrack and mini-figure over any other LE bonus any day.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree with you. But I would definitely enjoyed the LE for Agarest. I would probably would love the pillow and boob pad. Pretty much a Statue/Mini-Figure and some other stuff would seal the deal for me. :lol:

Yes, with extended range, which is why I needed it.

I'd rather just plug the dumb thing into the Wii instead of shoving 4 AA batteries inside, but that's not an option. I don't know why a wireless sensor bar is even a desirable thing. I mean, how far are people keeping their Wiis from their TVs? The original sensor bar cable is like a mile long, so I can't imagine a use for wireless for almost anyone.

One of the few mom and pop type game stores around me was selling Xbox games for $2 a piece. Couldn't resist :) Only ones that weren't $2 were Stubbs and Dreamfall which were $5 each.

I can't believe how well Soul Calibur II still holds up! It's still amazing, and the graphics are still really nice. :D

pics016.jpg

[quote name='wiggyx']I don't know why a wireless sensor bar is even a desirable thing. I mean, how far are people keeping their Wiis from their TVs? The original sensor bar cable is like a mile long, so I can't imagine a use for wireless for almost anyone.[/QUOTE]
Some neat freaks don't like wires all over the place.

[quote name='wiggyx']Yes, with extended range, which is why I needed it.

I'd rather just plug the dumb thing into the Wii instead of shoving 4 AA batteries inside, but that's not an option. I don't know why a wireless sensor bar is even a desirable thing. I mean, how far are people keeping their Wiis from their TVs? The original sensor bar cable is like a mile long, so I can't imagine a use for wireless for almost anyone.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I saw that it was a wireless sensor, I was just curious why it allowed you to play "without leaning forward" and I why you had to do so in the first place.

bread's done
Back