The Official CAG August 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much does the nintendo stuff cost?
$4 for the 2.5 inch figs (087-06-0958 - Fire Mario, Ice Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong)

$8 for the Plushes (087-06-2637 - Yellow Pikmin, Red Pikmin, Link, Mario, Yoshi that i've seen so far)

$9 for the 4 inch figs (087-06-0956 - Mario, Yoshi, Link, Wario?, Donkey Kong & Bowser)

I hit another two stores today and did not find any of the 4" figures. I did however find the Yellow Pikmin plush. I called stores in Tampa and sadly it seems like they all only have Mario/Yoshi left for the 4" ones.

As I mentioned previously, TRU also has some new stuff separate from the ones that Target got, but they're charging $13 for a 3-pack of 1 inch figures, or $15 for a single 5 inch figure. Quite a difference in cost compared to the Target ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was going to check tru too. thanks for the heads up Bezerker. Standing in front of the toys now see big 4" mario and yoshi figures, 2.5" mario and dk toys and red and yellow pikmin mario ad yoshi plush toys. One link plush. Was really hoping for a 4" Link toy :(

Also they have a Mario Kart 8 looping racetrack for $40 and character karts and launcher for $9.99. Looks cool. May buy this Link plush if i can get a shopkick gift card

Pikmin is one of my favorite game series. The Target closest to my work had one red and one yellow Pikmin plush so I picked them up. If anyone sees any other colors of the Pikmin plushes could you let me know. I'm just wondering if they only have red and yellow. I also picked up Wario & Waluigi in the small figures.

Yeah, Link is from Target as well. their under one DPCI, the 1st wave is Yoshi, Mario, Link *uncommon*, Donkey Kong *rare* & Bowser *rare*. The others are common and all retail for $8.99.

The smaller figs Bezerker posted is also one dpci. Waluigi, Ice Luigi, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Wario, and I can't think of the rest.

Also the plushes are under one dpci, Pikmin, Link & I don't recall the others.
The smaller figures are all the one's you listed and also Fire Mario. That's it for series 1.

Pics coming soon

Got some sweet deals on some NES games at the local game store
nintendones_zps96401ec4.png
Die Hard
Widget
Miracle Piano (Cart only)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (Taito)
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Danny Sullivan's Indy Heat
Robocop
Batman
Where's Waldo

all for just over $100 after tax

Been meaning to post this.
Xbox Arcade from Amazon Warehouse for 14. The kicker is that its the recent arcade model and it also came with a black controller and a 20 gb hard drive.

Probably going to switch out the console with my old one and replace the hard drive. (Mine doesnt have HDMI)

I have to ask in here because I must've been living under a rock the past few weeks..

How in the world are you guys finding so many great deals on Amazon Warehouse?

I have to ask in here because I must've been living under a rock the past few weeks..

How in the world are you guys finding so many great deals on Amazon Warehouse?
It was glitch that only happens once or twice a year. We may never see it again until it's 2015. Also, you have to be there at the right time, which was Midnight PST

So, I'm looking at my Otakon swag and I'm thinking to myself, "I don't have enough Gundam models!"

20140818_155054-1.jpg

20140818_155135-1.jpg

Albion is really cool. It was on clearence for just under $30 and has a metallic coating.

These were all from Zia Records. I already have Walk it Out but this copy was mint and complete (the one I have doesn't have a manual) and was only $5. I should be able to sell my old copy for $20-25. 

Not much lately. Been working Thursdays-Sundays so no yardsales and Ive stopped going to Goodwill as much since they sell on ShopGoodwill. I got my Loot Crate today, pretty good one this month. Yeah those are Donatello sunglasses! 

These were all from Zia Records. I already have Walk it Out but this copy was mint and complete (the one I have doesn't have a manual) and was only $5. I should be able to sell my old copy for $20-25.
Zia can be random at times with undervaluing games, though most things are priced a bit higher than they should IMO. Still a fun place to see retro stuff in good supply.

Zia can be random at times with undervaluing games, though most things are priced a bit higher than they should IMO. Still a fun place to see retro stuff in good supply.
Yeah they're definitely hit or miss. The main problem is they almost never update their prices so you'll see a bunch of games that you can get for less than $5 at Gamestop and they'll have them priced at $17.99 and up. I always end up finding something there though. Their reward system is great also. You get points as you buy stuff and if you have enough points you can get stuff for half price. I didn't post it but I got Frozen for $7.99 that way. They also give you a 20% off coupon everytime you buy something and they have some of the best trade in values around the Phoenix area.

Put it on top of the clutter lol. Luckyyy, Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet (can't complain though, since Giftcards paid it all off).
My floor isn't cluttered, but I don't really want to put it on the floor. But the top of my ottoman still has some stuff from SDCC I haven't found a palce for....

Not opening this one until my Best Buy copy gets in, since this one is pretty much pristine. So if that one gets crushed, I'll open that one.

From FYE's 30% off in-store deal:

20140820_132740-1.jpg

From Books-a-Million's B2G1 Free sale:

20140820_132138-1.jpg

20140820_132220-1.jpg

From Best Buy, the bottom 3 using the 3-for-$20 sale:

20140820_202202-1.jpg

20140820_202306-1.jpg

Haven't decided if I will keep the MagnoCase or dump ASM2 in the ASM1 Steelbook.

Picked up a lot of xbox and xbox 360 accessories on ebay for $15 shipped. They were sold as defective/untested.

Xbox 360 wireless controller halo reach edition
Xbox 360 wireless controller LE red
Xbox 360 wireless controller white

The 3 controllers work great except for the LB button on the halo edition is broken, and I haven't tested the LT RT buttons yet. There was also some other stuff in the lot(nothing great).

Went through my Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube cases to see which needed booklets and ended up getting these off Ebay. Bought a copy of GBTG because it was complete and had a nicer case/artwork than the one I had. 

Yo, that level you fight Bolt (in Xilla 2 Helioborg part) is so annoying on the hard diffculty, especially if you already ate the veggie sticks like I did. Those damn regenerating thunder djinn ruin everything lol.

So this was basically free...

null_zpsbbcbe8ca.jpg

Because it's a business expanse. I actually HAVE to play some games for R&D on a project :D

Kmart- Madden 15, a bag of chips, and a stick of deodorant came out to $18 and some change after giftcard/coupons/clearance shelf! Plus I get $15 in points that need to be spent within 2 weeks from their Madden promo. 

Target- Walking Dead Season 4 Bluray Steelbook Edtion. Also includes Ultraviolet version and a $5 Target Ticket coupon. $30

And this just showed up. My comment was the random winner on a Facebook giveaway. 

V8MAzdj.jpg

the highly sought after neptunia limited edition, lol. the box came slightly creased on the side and bottom, but nothing i can even complain about, because i was one of the lucky 1000 copies. 

Finally finished setting up my Vudu/UltraViolet/Target Ticket accounts.......through promo codes and codes my work gave me Ive probably spent maybe $25 on all these movies....

After I posted the pic of my Gamecube monitor the laser crapped out. Bought this off Ebay, wasnt expecting a nice little box. After installing and some tweaking, the Gamecube is back in action. 

Annnnd this happened today. Thought I had $20 in Kmart points I had to spend today....girl said I had about $40 worth. Got all these for $74.56.

Kmart has the nintendo figures?  I've been scouring every target (all 15+ miles away from me) and seeing that Walmart & TRU  dont carry the 4" ones, I never thought to check the 3 Kmarts i had by me.

Wasn't sure where to put this, but had to share, this is by far the best find I had today, and it was a Buybacks, a retail store.

Basically I just stopped in to take a quick look around, not really paying attention, and to grab whatever cases they have for 10 cents a piece, I find a couple things walking around, Boxed PS1 Multitap for 5$ and a Gamecube Mic for 4$

While I'm waiting in line, I realize it's taking so long because a guy is trading in a MASSIVE SNES Lot, This is the lot we all dream about, I see all the great titles like DKC, Marios, Yoshi's Island, Kirbys etc, and then there are a few of the amazing titles, like Breath of Fire, Secret of Mana, etc. The guy working was basically telling the guy that he really shouldn't trade it in there, because they were gonna rip him off, but the guy was adamant, he walked out after trading in 50+ games for 212$

Once I walk up to the register, on the counter there were 4 SNES game holders from Nintendo, while I was checking out I ask about them and tell them I'll take them if they have no use for them, and they gladly gave them to me for free.

So I'm done and I find my sister and wait for her to finish choosing movies/cds, and we go back over to check out, at this time they've started tagging the games, I'm glancing occasionally to see how much each one's going for, and I see him put a 2$ tag on Final Fantasy 3, so of course I ask about it and he says he knows it goes for more than that, but since he tagged it, he'll sell it to me for that, he looks it up on ebay anyways, and says, "Mna, this game is over 40$ on ebay, you got an awesome deal, We're going to make enough off this guy anyways", and that's how I got all this for 11$.

ZOvnVSk.jpg

20140830_164836-1.jpg

20140830_143515-1.jpg

20140830_143815-1.jpg

Murder, She Wrote was from Target Clearence, Rosario+Vampire LE was from GoHastings, Once Upon a Time was from DMC. Dexter's Lab was from Walmart.

Everything else was from MovieStop. The second pic was bought using the B2G1 Free on Anime DVDs (got a second Collection 3 to take advantage) and One Piece Collections 3-6 were under $10 each. Naruto was $20 each.

The Fairy Tail sets were not part of the deal (as they are Blu-rays) but apparently MovieStop was apparently trying to clearence them out as they were all under $20 and still had their New stickers underneath the Used shrinkwrap. Not pictured is a copy of Attack of Titan that I got for $17 because it didn't have the DVDs.

Etrian Odyssey Sniper Girl model kit from Amiami. The pieces are smaller than anticipated.

The Hotaru is from a blind box, got it from the local anime/comics store along with the AoT and Dangan Ronpa 2 charms.

upmbZBP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back