The Official CAG December 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "Santa's Got a Brand New Bag" Edition

[quote name='ZombieToast']I review video games in my free time. I don't do it nearly as much as I used to, but I'm still able to get a fair amount of free games here and there.[/QUOTE]

Aw man I'm jelly now.

Soo.....this was waiting for me today. What could it possibly be?

8161653f.jpg

Oh look! :D YAY!!!!

2da48eee.jpg

19fd92f4.jpg

af1092ce.jpg

My collection certainly would not be complete without all three. Beyond stoked that I finally received these after such a long wait. I'm going to move them to a new glass cabinet when it arrives. I also got the exclusive DLC, so I'm excited to redeem that tonight. Screw the VGA's, my weekend is now complete.

With this being on sale today at Best Buy for $399.99, I just had to get it. Almost bought it for $499.99 + $100 PS3, but I was not in a desperate need for another PS3.

Dec11buys2011.jpg

So excited. :D Dunno when I'll buy another pair of glasses since I never have anyone over.

@Cheska19 - Those figures are really awesome! Your Uncharted display looks very nice

@The Mana Knight - Ive been eyeing that tv myself. Have you tried out the simuview yet? That just seems so awesome.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']

Dec10buys2011.jpg

Saw Kingdom Hearts wallet at FYE, so I had to buy. Sort of regretted selling the only Wild Arms missing, so I re-bought 3 used. My local mall had several vendors selling stuff, so I got an 8 x 10 photos of Derrick Rose (Bulls) and Ray Rice, two players I really like.[/QUOTE]

I. Want. That. Wallet. O______O

[quote name='Tempius']
@The Mana Knight - Ive been eyeing that tv myself. Have you tried out the simuview yet? That just seems so awesome.[/QUOTE]If one of my CAG friends comes over I will.

Nice avatar btw (I'm wearing an L t-shirt btw)

[quote name='Luxuria']I. Want. That. Wallet. O______O[/QUOTE]I bought the last one they had. I have a few Kingdom Hearts wallets, but that one was really cool.

puq1v.jpg

This is part 2 from the black friday sales, trying not to spend much more money in December, besides for gifts for family

:360: Shawn White Skateboarding $3
:360: Toy Story 3 $8
:360: Kinect Joy Ride $10
Gran Turismo 2 $1.95
:3ds: Spongebob Squigglepants $12
:3ds: Nintendogs and Cats Golden Retriever $10
:3ds: Mario Kart 7 $20 (newegg $40 giftcard for $20)
:3ds: Cooking Mama 4 $18.99

[quote name='anime5ever']
6501128719_f1c3d84204_z.jpg

my first import game is Kurogane no Linebarrels
it was only 12.90$ for the asia ver.[/QUOTE]

Didn't know Blazing Souls dropped. I will have to pick that one up :D

[quote name='Zaku77']Am I the only one that returns things until I get an undamaged slip cover? lol[/QUOTE]

I do that as well. I always seem to get damaged slip covers to my blu-rays. For the most part my game slip covers have been fine.

Same, especially with funimation anime slip covers. It can be really difficult to finally get an undamaged one of those.

Didn't think we were also including Black Friday and post-BF stuff as well.

28l4dvt.jpg

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, Outlaws and No One Lives Forever were $2 each from Goodwill. Mega Man 8, Half-Life, Counter-Strike and Team Fortress Classic were $10 total from the flea market. Final Fantasy XIII was $15 from Amazon on Black Friday. Hyperdimension Neptunia dropped to $30 at GameStop. Sonic Generations was at full price, but I basically paid nothing out of my pocket for it since I bought a 160GB PS3 from Target, which came with a $50 gift card. Used the GC on Sonic Generations. The Legendary Starfy was $10, with a generic barcode sticker at Target. Toy Story 2 for the Dreamcast was $3 at the fleamarket.

301hes8.jpg

This also dropped to $30 at GameStop. Was the last copy they had.
Not pictured are my PS3 and Trails in the Sky Collector's Edition (remembered I had it only after I took the first pic). Also bought a 3-month PS+ card, so I was able to download Crash 1 - 3 and Team Racing, Spyro 1 - 3, Hydrophobia and Tomb Raider: Underworld.

[quote name='Zaku77']Am I the only one that returns things until I get an undamaged slip cover? lol[/QUOTE]
Honestly, that one's my fault from marathoning the series and putting it on the shelf and taking it off the shelf constantly. :p

You mean the cardboard sleeve? I usually just throw those away. I think they're ugly and bulky. And I don't see the need to add another step between me and my discs.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You mean the cardboard sleeve? I usually just throw those away. I think they're ugly and bulky. And I don't see the need to add another step between me and my discs.[/QUOTE]

I don't throw mine away, but I certainly wouldn't return something until I had a pristine one either.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta'] I think if I got a TV any bigger for my bedroom that I would get some serious eye strain.[/QUOTE]
You'll get over it once you become used to seeing it. Since 2007, my bedroom TV has gone from a 46XBR2, to a 52XBR4, to a 60LX900. Now, (as much as I love it) I'm wishing I had waited for the 65HX929. It happens.

IMG_0153.jpg

King of Fighters XII - $11
Fight Night Champion - $14.99
OTEP: Smash The Control Machine - $5
Dragon Quest VI - $14.99

IMG_0148.jpg

Berserk vol. 5-16 - $2.79-$2.99 each
Blade of the Immortal vol. 1 - $11.25
Air Gear vol. 1 - $5.50
Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Shinji Ikari Raising Project vol. 2 - $1.99

IMG_0152.jpg

Wolverine: Agent of SHIELD vol. 2 - $3.39
Marvel Masterworks Fantastic Four vol. 2 -$1
1985 - $3.79
Ultimate Fantastic Four vol. 5 - $1
The Incredible Hulk: Ground Zero - $1
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 3 - $3.59
Ultimate Spider-man Hardcover vol. 3 - $8
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 7 - $2.59
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 14 - $3.59
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 15 - $3.19
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 17 - $2.99
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 18 - $3.19
Ultimate Spider-man vol. 21 - $3.19
Superman: Red Son - $5
JLA: American Dreams - $2

[quote name='lmz00']You'll get over it once you become used to seeing it. Since 2007, my bedroom TV has gone from a 46XBR2, to a 52XBR4, to a 60LX900. Now, (as much as I love it) I'm wishing I had waited for the 65HX929. It happens.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I had a 42" for a long time, then a 61" in the bedroom, and now a 72". It'd be tough to drop down in size.

The only thing I've bought for myself so far this month: (didn't even need the AS5, but for $3, I couldn't pass it up.)
dscf0001mi.jpg

Got in all of this stuff a while ago, but just now having a chance to post up the images. Lots of Black Friday goodies and a few other miscellaneous purchases.

blumetroid.jpg

Metroid was $5 shipped from Best Buy which blew my mind. Mad Men Blu-Ray completes my collection.

cathyuza3.jpg

All Black Friday purchases at decent prices

sonrimsports.jpg

More Black Friday stuff. Funny thing is the only thing I have touched out of ALL of this so far is Skyrim, and wow is that game addictive.

germancandy.jpg

Picked up some German candy at Christkindlmarket in Chicago

newjacket.jpg

New jacket, got it on sale, loved how it fit. Much better than the jacket I had previously.

triplecircle.jpg

And now I finally got to upgrade my consoles. Both of these were awesome Black Friday deals ($200 each) which will replace my old 60GB launch PS3 and my Xbox 360 Elite. Both awesome hardware updates!

actually just replacing the main room PS3, the 60 GB is going downstairs in my office. We have an open entertainment center and the buttons on the 60 GB console are touch sensitive. My little 14 month old kept inadvertently turning the console on, and ejecting the discs whenever she would reach over and graze it.

So it was a perfect time to bring a new one into the house. Plus I wanted a Blu-Ray player downstairs as well.

I've been thinking about getting a new PS3 and moving my 60GB to another TV, mainly because it's supposedly not as loud, and has better audio. Haven't gotten around to it, though. I'd miss the memory card slots too much. :(

Anywho, SNES #5 (not counting the original my parents bought me 20 years ago, obviously):
1z4z4tg.jpg

It's the second-most mint SNES I've seen since I started collecting, with the first being the Super Set that I sent to VGA last week (and should be back during the first week of January). It has some wear on the corner, which you can see in the photo, but other than that, the box is pretty much flawless. I'm thinking it's worthy of at least an 85 (hopefully 85+).

[quote name='lmz00']I've been thinking about getting a new PS3 and moving my 60GB to another TV, mainly because it's supposedly not as loud, and has better audio. Haven't gotten around to it, though. I'd miss the memory card slots too much. :(

Anywho, SNES #5 (not counting the original my parents bought me 20 years ago, obviously):
1z4z4tg.jpg

It's the second-most mint SNES I've seen since I started collecting, with the first being the Super Set that I sent to VGA last week (and should be back during the first week of January). It has some wear on the corner, which you can see in the photo, but other than that, the box is pretty much flawless. I'm thinking it's worthy of at least an 85 (hopefully 85+).[/QUOTE]

I wonder about this sometimes - how long does the ink/cardboard hold up on these sorts of things before it starts to break down? Probably variable depending on the humdity and light it's exposed to, but do you think it'd be 100 years in an ideal environment before something like that started to just simply break down, chemically?

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

IMG_0589.jpg

[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']

Speaking of that FFXIII PS3.... :D
picture.php

I have one of those too. I debated the XIII-2 one but I can't justify it because then I would have 4 PS3s. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm late, but I just want to say that I hate you.

and by hate, I mean I'm green with envy :drool:

[quote name='jer7583']I wonder about this sometimes - how long does the ink/cardboard hold up on these sorts of things before it starts to break down? Probably variable depending on the humdity and light it's exposed to, but do you think it'd be 100 years in an ideal environment before something like that started to just simply break down, chemically?[/QUOTE]
No idea. VGA does offer an "archival" case that is UV-resistant. In this instance, it's either from the way it was stored, or it could be because of how it was packed, but it's in much nicer condition than the Killer Instinct Set I bought last year, so I'm not going to complain. I imagine it'd take longer than that, if stored in decent conditions.

Also, I wonder why new SNES consoles come with the power switch set to the "on" position.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought a complete in box Ninja Five O off ebay for $40 bin. Stock picture but listed and descibed as like new. Ill post pictures when it comes in.

[quote name='lmz00']No idea. VGA does offer an "archival" case that is UV-resistant. In this instance, it's either from the way it was stored, or it could be because of how it was packed, but it's in much nicer condition than the Killer Instinct Set I bought last year, so I'm not going to complain. I imagine it'd take longer than that, if stored in decent conditions.

Also, I wonder why new SNES consoles come with the power switch set to the "on" position.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I guess the bigger issue is optical media degredation. Nobody's sure how long those PSOne and Sega CD games are going to last.. haha.

[quote name='Tempius']Just bought a complete in box Ninja Five O off ebay for $40 bin. Stock picture but listed and descibed as like new. Ill post pictures when it comes in.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like bootleg written all over it.

Definitely post up the pics when it arrives.

Good luck.

Most bootlegs won't go to the trouble of printing up a box and manual and packaging.

Especially not for a $40 item. I would inspect the cart, however.

The seller is from Ohio, and not Hong Kong and he has 254 postive feedback (100%). So no bootleg alarms went off, SO lets just hope I got a good deal.

[quote name='jer7583']Most bootlegs won't go to the trouble of printing up a box and manual and packaging.

Especially not for a $40 item. I would inspect the cart, however.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put it past them. I mean there are bootlegs of Pokemon versions that don't even exist on the GBA, and yet they come with a box and a manual, and even a little baggy for the game cart and goes for a high price.

But I looked up the lot on ebay, and the seller seems to know what he's listing for the most part, so I am surprised he actually listed it so cheap.

Looks like it'll be a good pick up.

[quote name='Tempius']The seller is from Ohio, and not Hong Kong and he has 254 postive feedback (100%). So no bootleg alarms went off, SO lets just hope I got a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I looked up the lot.

The guy was pretty descriptive with the info, and generally knows what he has.

The biggest worries are normally people who bought them from HK and then are selling it second hand, whether they know it or not. I've ran across quite a few of these lots before, and then I'd inform the seller of what they had, and sometimes it's a mistake, and other times, it's intentional.

You just never know nowadays when you get a good deal on a rare game on ebay, but this one seems legit, so good job.

Most of this stuff was from yesterday. For whatever reason/karma/blessings I was on fire.

IMAG0388.jpg

Got these from a resale chain from where I am from. Second copy of Snatcher! To top that off I got it

I'm just gonna list everything for now, since there's so much coming in the mail. I think I'm done for 2011, 2012, 2013 and so on.

:360:
Alan Wake: Limited Edition
Brink
Duke Nukem: Forever
F.E.A.R. 3
Guitar Hero III
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
LEGO: Rock Band
The Beatles Rock Band
Top Spin 4
Transformers: Dark of the Moon
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

:ps3:
Alterier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
Back to the Future: The Game
Carnival Island
Dead to Rights: Retribution
Killzone 3
Medieval Moves: Deadmund's Quest

1 Year PS+

:br:
Cast Away
Disturbia
Horrible Bosses
Never Back Down
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

:ds:
Okamiden

:wii:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Flingsmash w/ Wii MotionPlus remote bundle

:pc:
Dead Space 2: Collector's Edition
Dungeons of Dredmor
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
Orcs Must Die
The Sims 3 Plus Pets
The Sims 3 Generations

Other:
LA Noire guide x4

List of games that I bought with prices and along with new console to replace dead one.

:360:
250gb Holiday Bundle $200
Oblivion GOTY $20
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition $20
Dragon Age II $14
Mass Effect $14
Mass Effect 2 $13
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimension $10
Dead Space 2 $10
Red Faction Armageddon $8
Vanquish $8
Two Worlds 2 $8
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9
Assassin's Creed II $10
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $20
Assassin's Creed Revelations $30
Skyrim $30
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $0 (after amazon credit)
Rage $20
Total:$444

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back