The Official CAG July 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

Img_00032.jpg
Img_00028.jpg
Sorry for the terrible camera quality, it was taken with a phone; I couldn't find my camera at the moment. :/

What I picked up so far. Anime would've been on the pile too but hadn't been any in a month; too lazy. :p I expect to get a bit more things in the next week or so.

All from Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Sears, a Pawn Shop, Goodwill, and Friends/Family.

So, a friend, who happens to be a big gamer, is moving to Cali. He can't take everything with him, so I inherited this stash...

Free of charge :D

DSC02686.jpg

And the icing on the cake!

DSC02687.jpg

Screw the NES toaster (I do actually LOVE the NES toaster), I'm gonna make me a super duper console mess with this thing. Expect lots of lights and smoke. That's all I'm saying for now...

Yeah, that's the one downside so far LOL!

Also, forgot about these.

ceb7fe73.jpg

From left to right, $5.50 (broken hinge, I had extras), $12.00 ("broken", just charged it and it magically came back to life), and $1.30 (again, "broken". Woman selling didn't know it has a contrast dial on the side and it was dialed all the way to dark).

[quote name='wiggyx']Yeah, that's the one downside so far LOL!

Also, forgot about these.

ceb7fe73.jpg

From left to right, $5.50 (broken hinge, I had extras), $12.00 ("broken", just charged it and it magically came back to life), and $1.30 (again, "broken". Woman selling didn't know it has a contrast dial on the side and it was dialed all the way to dark).[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: and :applause:

I so would like to find a Sega Genesis Model 3 and a Pikachu N64. Shoot, I'd be happy to find a Sega CD Model 2, a NES top loader, and/or a Sega CDX at a reasonable price in the wild.

[quote name='materialz']Here's everything I picked up this month. My wallet needs to cool down..even though the most expensive thing on there was Forza 4 at $20, then the headset at $15. The rest was all $10 or less. Time to take a break from buying, and get playing..

7640048002_792e5d252f_z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

RCSS FTW! I should post a pic of my hoard... err pickups.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: and :applause:[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was really happy with the GBP purchase. Not only is it not broken, but the thing is seriously cherry. It almost looks new! WOOT!

[quote name='Tsel']Your friend is a great friend.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Olengie']You have an awesome friend there pal. Haha. I have friends like those but they just give me games. Haha.[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna miss him. We didn't see each other that often, but we always had a serious passion for the old school gaming goodness.

[quote name='lmz00']I collect N64s, and there's no way I'd ever pay for the Pikachu one. That thing is fugly, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, of course it's fugly ass hell. I don't think anybody over 10 would seriously try and debate that. They took the ugliest Nintendo system ever and made it 5 times as gross LOL! But, as a collector, I'm still pretty amped to have one. Now I sorta want a Japanese orange Pikachu unit...

[quote name='TidalDreams']RCSS FTW! I should post a pic of my hoard... err pickups.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, that was the sale of the year for me. I got Bulletstorm, Ico/SotC, FFXII-2 and the MW3 headset from there. Mostly already had the other stuff that was on sale and the other ones I really wanted were gone.

blupics1.jpg

Metropolitan and The Last Days of Disco were from the Barnes & Noble half price Criterion sale.

Goodfellas, Raging Bull, V for Vendetta and Constantine were all $4.99 from the best buy trade and save. Midnight in Paris was $9.99.

9XhcL.jpg

sFYLh.jpg

All this came in today from one eBay auction. Other than the sticker on the Xenosaga III guide everything is in nearly flawless condition, even the FF3 and LttP guides.

[quote name='Shaq-Funaki']Nice pick ups. How is the Nas CD?[/QUOTE]

Pretty good, not his best work but over all very solid, I recommend it.

:ds: America's Test Kitchen: Lets Cook= $2.49+free shipping (Amazon Marketplace)
:ps3: White Knight Cronicles II= $15.99+free shipping (Newegg)
:ps3: Need For Speed: The Run= $4.99+free shipping (Bestbuy)
:ps3: F1: Championship Edition= $4.99 (K-Mart)
:ps3: ModNation Racers= $11.22 (Sears)
:ps3: Sony Component Cable= $3.72 (Sears):D
:360: Minecraft= $19.99
:ps1: Namco Museum Vol. 1= $2.00 (Pawn Shop)
:ps1: Namco Museum Vol. 3= $2.00 (Pawn Shop)

Went to some Garage Sales. Nothing overly interesting. Managed to talk to and make friends with one fellow gamer guy. Picked all of this up for $50.

1 Slim Silver PS2 System w/ Wires, 1 PS2 Controller, 3 Third Party Controllers
15 PS2 Games w/o cases (Most notable was a bunch of Street Fighter Games/Fatal Fury )
15 PS2 Games
1 sealed Marvel vs Capcom [PS1]
Hitman Trilogy
NES/Genesis/SNES Player w/ wires and 2 controllers
Boxed X-Men Genesis
5 Genesis Games
5 SNES Games (Killer Instinct, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse
Super Off Road)
12 NES Games (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Q*bert, Heavy Barrel, Tetris, Gauntlet 2, Mario Bros, Mario Bros. w Duck Hunt, Break Thru, Dr. Mario, Bubble Bubble, Super Mario Bros 2, Legend of Zelda)

Thanks! Tested out all the NES/GENESIS/SNES games and they work fine! Now the hard part is to go out and buy some moar games for the system. >< Hopefully, the Pawn Shop has some when I stop by in a few days.

I was especially surprised to find it around my area. The guy and his family was especially friendly with me. and he was glad it was giving it to me because he knew I was a fellow gamer. Guess my game dream came true this time! :D

Yeah, with the mess o' hand-me-down systems that I just acquired, I'll have to start buying TG16 and Genesis games again LOL! I sold the collections that I had for both in college like 5-6 years ago. I wasn't planning on picking those two consoles up again any time soon, but when they're free, it's pretty hard to say no :p

I don't understand what's special about that chess set up there; it looks like regular chess with some stickers or CDs or something. Is there something that sets it apart from other sets?

[quote name='ZombieToast']I don't understand what's special about that chess set up there; it looks like regular chess with some stickers or CDs or something. Is there something that sets it apart from other sets?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna pretend you're joking. It's a special edition of one of the greatest albums of all time.

Of all time?!

While I love that album, that seems like a stretch to me :/

It's pretty lame that the set isn't even Wu-themed though. Just a regular (small) chess set.

[quote name='wiggyx']Of all time?!

While I love that album, that seems like a stretch to me :/

It's pretty lame that the set isn't even Wu-themed though. Just a regular (small) chess set.[/QUOTE]

The Beatles and The Wu-Tang Clan are my two favorite groups. "Liquid Swords" is my favorite Wu album. I have no problem putting it up with my favorite Beatles albums.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I'm gonna pretend you're joking. It's a special edition of one of the greatest albums of all time.[/QUOTE]

I know it's all the rage these days, but has society really gotten to a place where we consider anything hip-hop the greatest 'anything' of all time? I think it's time to find a new planet to live on... lol

[quote name='Zaku77']I know it's all the rage these days, but has society really gotten to a place where we consider anything hip-hop the greatest 'anything' of all time? I think it's time to find a new planet to live on... lol[/QUOTE]

Have to agree.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']The Beatles and The Wu-Tang Clan are my two favorite groups. "Liquid Swords" is my favorite Wu album. I have no problem putting it up with my favorite Beatles albums.[/QUOTE]

You sir, have a very diverse ..... and good taste in music!

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I'm gonna pretend you're joking. It's a special edition of one of the greatest albums of all time.[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure how that would make much sense as a joke. I've never heard of Genius/GZA or Liquid Swords, so in turn, I don't know anything about the album or what the theme/tie-in was supposed to be. It just seemed weird to me that it was noteworthy because it doesn't appear to have a special board or pieces like the fancy chess sets I normally see.

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's Wu Tang Clan. That I have heard of. Personally, I can't really stand their music, but I thought their comic book was cool at the time. In fact, I probably still have an issue or two lying around. It was cheesy as hell, but in a good way.

[quote name='Zaku77']I know it's all the rage these days, but has society really gotten to a place where we consider anything hip-hop the greatest 'anything' of all time? I think it's time to find a new planet to live on... lol[/QUOTE]
Cuz lyke rap isn't real muzik n stuffs!

I dunno, I've always subscribed to the thought that music was, you know, music. All people talk about these days is lyrics. I think we just have some confused book and poetry enthusiasts that think they are music fans.

Hope I don't totally derail this thread.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']The Beatles and The Wu-Tang Clan are my two favorite groups. "Liquid Swords" is my favorite Wu album. I have no problem putting it up with my favorite Beatles albums.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. Like I said, I really dig that album, so I'm not hating or anything like some other folks...

And by "these days" you mean ever since 1978?

I think nearly 35 years of history is enough to allow rap/hip-hop music into the canon.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'm not sure how that would make much sense as a joke. I've never heard of Genius/GZA or Liquid Swords, so in turn, I don't know anything about the album or what the theme/tie-in was supposed to be. It just seemed weird to me that it was noteworthy because it doesn't appear to have a special board or pieces like the fancy chess sets I normally see.

EDIT: Oh, apparently it's Wu Tang Clan. That I have heard of. Personally, I can't really stand their music, but I thought their comic book was cool at the time. In fact, I probably still have an issue or two lying around. It was cheesy as hell, but in a good way.[/QUOTE]

Also, don't forget about the totally forgettable Thrill K, err Wu-Tang game ;)

[quote name='Zaku77']I dunno, I've always subscribed to the thought that music was, you know, music. All people talk about these days is lyrics. I think we just have some confused book and poetry enthusiasts that think they are music fans.[/QUOTE]

It's super, SUPER subjective. You simply CANNOT dismiss hip-hop because you don't enjoy or "get it".

Music has had plenty of amazing artists who's voices were NOT suited to their particular art form, but they are no less a part of music's diverse history. Bob Dylan and Janis Joplin instantly come to mind, and I've never heard anyone question their part of that history. These days it's all about the same thing that it ever was...

[quote name='KillerRamen']
picture.php
[/QUOTE]

That Mighty Fine bag is awesome. I have it hanging in front of my figures and minifigs right now.

[quote name='Zaku77']I dunno, I've always subscribed to the thought that music was, you know, music. All people talk about these days is lyrics. I think we just have some confused book and poetry enthusiasts that think they are music fans.[/QUOTE]

The only one who sounds confused is you. I listen to lots of types of music and hip-hop is just as valid as the rest.

No reason for people to get uppity; I'm not confused at all. I made an interesting point; that doesn't mean I'm confused in any way. It's just interesting how the focus in popular music has shifted from music to lyrics. Hip hop is the ultimate culmination of that. The 'music' is just repeating 'beats' that are all electronic. The focus is really on the lyrics.

[quote name='Zaku77']No reason for people to get uppity; I'm not confused at all. I made an interesting point; that doesn't mean I'm confused in any way. It's just interesting how the focus in popular music has shifted from music to lyrics. Hip hop is the ultimate culmination of that. The 'music' is just repeating 'beats' that are all electronic. The focus is really on the lyrics.[/QUOTE]

If your point was interesting as you think it was I would have said so. You said hip-hop is not music and that it's a new fad. And like previously mentioned it's been around for 35 years and the album I said I considered one of the greatest albums ever is almost 20 years old.

You also state that because beats are electronic that they're not music which is nonsense not to mention their are plenty of hip-hop artists/groups that use live bands. I'm not getting uppity it's just that you are literally talking out of your ass about a subject you know nothing about.

Hip hop has not been part of 'pop' music for that long. That may be when its inception was, but that doesn't mean that it was popular then like it is today. I'm sure you understand that. Hip hop doesn't focus on music. It does focus on lyrics. Why even argue about that? I'm not putting any connotation on that, why be defensive?

I love hardstyle and house music, so I'm not against electronic stuff. It just doesn't really fit the classical definition of what music is. I simply find it interesting that we have gone from say the Baroque period of classical music (my favorite) where the music was everything, to where popular music is at now. I'm sorry my point was uninteresting to you. I shall hope you approve of any future topics I might bring up. Try not to get so defensive; there's really no reason for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back