The Official CAG July 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20130715_190415-1.jpg

Got this for the MP3 (aka iPod) case. DVD will be used for Upgrade & Save.

20130715_190822-1.jpg

Gargoyles is pure flip, Tron was from Disney Movie Rewards.

20130715_190922-1.jpg

20130715_190955-1.jpg

Got this in an eBay lot for $40. I will admit I am only interested in Yumeria because Neneko was in Project X Zone.

Well, if I don't like it I can just use it for Upgrade & Save.
Actually, I was going to look into it for the same reason. If you don't like it, would you mind to contact me instead? I also am curious due to Project X Zone. She's a pretty good Solo Support when paired with Ryu and Ken I've found.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the retro pick ups everyone

wii.gif
Walk it Out $18 (-PUR)
xbox.gif
Halo
xbox.gif
Halo 2
xbox.gif
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Some guy was trying to trade them @ GS but they don't accept Xbox 1 games
icon_lol.gif
 He said just throw them away so I was like I'll be your trash can
icon_biggrin.gif
 I gave him $5 sweet deal.  Also got a
wii.gif
Fritz Chess coming to my GS.  Sadly it's missing the instructions so if anyone happens to have an extra instruction book ... yea right... :(

I finally got a smartphone... I actually got 2 iphone 4 and Samsung SGH i917 (Windows Phone 7), which one do you think I should use??  

Mowed the grass this morning and got a terrible headache, fell asleep for 2 hrs when I came inside! Heres what was waiting on the porch....Im feeling better now! 

I got a ton of crap today.

First up, my Upgrade & Save haul plus something from Five Below:

20130716_195526-1.jpg

20130716_195448-1.jpg

Next, the FYE was moving, so everything was 40% off. Add the Backstage Pass discount and I got everything just under 50% off.

20130716_195553-1.jpg

20130716_195618-1.jpg

20130716_195657-1.jpg

20130716_195725-1.jpg

20130716_195803-1.jpg

20130716_195825-1.jpg

The ef Blu-ray was even pre-discounted to $35 already, so I only paid about $18 for it.

Well I already posted the 3ds and Fire Emblem but I don't feel like taking another picture so heres my other pickups. Grabbed Starfox 64 3D and the local game store for the price marked, and also got my SMT: IV pre-order in. Took advantage of the $30 eshop credit and nabbed Animal Crossing off the E-Shop. Really enjoying the 3DS right now but can't decide what to play. Project X Zone is sucking me back in but I'm also 2 hours into SMT: IV and I love the difficulty of it, weird but fun game.

sb4tQPM.jpg

don't usually post pickups, but SMT IV is just that awesome!  T&E LE got lucky that it came on the same day so it got included in pic :)

IMAG0467.jpg

Here are some pics of my Sif the Great Grey Wolf statue that I got recently plus the good old  Solaire of Astora I had already from Dark Souls.  The sword comes out and can be placed in Sif's mouth. Each statue is 12" tall and look even better in person.

@dan How much did the ps1 games set you back?

Not pictured:

Grabbed some books from a book sale for approximately $0.50 each

Pickup2013July17_zpsfa411d0f.jpg

the "dvd's" at the book sale were $2 each   :br: Cop Out,   :gc: True Crime: Streets of L.A., :dvd: Ghost Rider, :dvd: Drive Angry

True Crime is complete disc is flawless

Grabbed Ringers, and Stan Lee from Dollar Tree for the Upgrade and Save Program.

Ghost Rider is going to U&S as well as the case ended up being busted (the disc holder is only half of what it should be)

Haven't seen Drive angry, but If I dislike it, onward to Best Buy it will go :D   Edit: ended up being terrible IMO so to BestBuy!

Everything was 5 dollars each except for ff7 which was 7 dollars and skies being 10 dollars.
@dan How much did the ps1 games set you back?

Not pictured:
Grabbed some books from a book sale for approximately $0.50 each

Pickup2013July17_zpsfa411d0f.jpg

the "dvd's" at the book sale were $2 each :br: Cop Out, :gc: True Crime: Streets of L.A., :dvd: Ghost Rider, :dvd: Drive Angry

True Crime is complete disc is flawless

Grabbed Ringers, and Stan Lee from Dollar Tree for the Upgrade and Save Program.

Ghost Rider is going to U&S as well as the case ended up being busted (the disc holder is only half of what it should be)

Haven't seen Drive angry, but If I dislike it, onward to Best Buy it will go :D

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/315875-upgrade-save-returns-714-810/

They run it every few months, so generally just keep an eye out in the DVD/Blu forums for the threads, but I'm surprised you haven't seen it since you're always posting in the anime related threads in that section. XD
That isn't me posting in there. I'm mostly in the yard sale and thrift threads. However, it seems once again I get screwed as the closest best buy is about 100 miles away and pretty small. Thanks for the clarification.

On a side note, is $20 a decent deal for Samurai 7 blu set?

@wiggy - I got the boxed SNES games from the Parma Heights location. I also hate how they are going with the max ebay completed auction route. They were selling single issues of Nintendo Power for $10 a pop. @_@ But since I got the SNES games with trade and boxed complete it was worth it to me. If they were just cartridges I would have passed.

Though on the other hand I got these from the same Exchange for $5 a shelf (official Nintendo branded SNES shelves Holds up to 18 loose games). Which is weird because there are some on ebay selling for $20ish. So it is really hit or miss with that chain of stores. Also picked up Samurai Jack season 4.

Bought this off a person. I kept Brawl Brothers and Contra 3. Selling the rest.

Picture 143 by kermit036, on Flickr

Close up of the games:

i should be able to make my money back, maybe even profit with Mario World, All Stars, Mario Kart, and Donkey Kong 1 & 2.

$7 a piece from Half Price Books. The MGS guide is so awesome with interviews from young Kojima and crew.

Picked these up from a flea market for fifty cents a piece. I was so tempted to leave Venus behind... does anyone like her?

I got everything in the picture for $7.50. Pitfall II is my first 5200 find in the wild, actually the first time I have bought something for that system. The books in the back are a bunch of old Choose Your Own Adventure/D&D adventure books.

First pick ups in forever! (Being unemployed will do that to you)
Got the movie and action figures from goodwill $2 a pop. SMTIV was from GameStop.
256fg1u.jpg

@wiggy - I got the boxed SNES games from the Parma Heights location. I also hate how they are going with the max ebay completed auction route. They were selling single issues of Nintendo Power for $10 a pop. @_@ But since I got the SNES games with trade and boxed complete it was worth it to me. If they were just cartridges I would have passed.
Man, they are like the number 1 over-priced store. They had a loose copy of Final Fight 3 with a torn-ass label for 80 bucks last time I was there. I stopped going to that store. Their prices are nuts :(

I actually picked up quite a bit this month. Pictures to come later.

Picked up a framed poster of MGS:R from a liquidating BBV for $22.

Picked up a 'new' copy of Ni No Kuni with Strat guide for 49.98 total from GS. (50% off all guides currently - also 10% off for PUR PRO and 20% for buying game with guide.)

Also picked up SMT IV.

May pickups in July, woo! Got some good stuff, though. There's a Norwegian exclusive Battlefield 3 steelbook, Dodonpachi Saidaioujou Super LE, Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 UK LE, and more! (Sounds like a bloody sales pitch, eh? haha)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROWPcKS6KXQ

Missing a lot of stuff, and too lazy to round more stuff up.

Some recent game pick-ups (missing 2 copies of Animal Crossing, amongst other things).

DSC03816_zps7b6227e2.jpg

SDCC Wednesday/Thursday pick-ups:

DSC03815_zpsb57ddcd4.jpg

DSC03817_zpsa5bd3b66.jpg

SDCC Friday/Saturday/Sunday pick-ups (and as usual, cat got in the pic):

DSC03926_zps2427b9fa.jpg

DSC03916_zps63093c39.jpg

Won this at SDCC, but since I've already sold it...

2013-07-19_21-49-04_468_zpsd661fda1.jpg

Hey elessar did you pick those Project x Zone at release or get them recently. My Best Buy still has them instock which I thought the LE's were all gone?

I saw a copy at GS this weekend,  they're still out there.

2en5508.jpg

A few pickups.

:br: Regular Show S1&2 - $18 from Amazon

:wii: Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn - was in stock at GS.com, shockingly came complete and mint.

:xbox: Sniper Elite :xbox: Morrowind GOTY :ps2: Soul Reaver 2 - $10 from yard salin'

Got these a few days ago, but forgot to post them:

20130722_221826-1.jpg

20130722_221805-1.jpg

Got these today:

20130722_221644-1.jpg

I will readily admit, I only got SMT for the eShop credit

Sorry to inundate you guys with videos, but I reckon some will want to check this out. The just released Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition steelbook from the UK. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSZKWW4WKqY&feature=youtu.be

Missing a lot of stuff, and too lazy to round more stuff up.

Some recent game pick-ups (missing 2 copies of Animal Crossing, amongst other things).

SDCC Wednesday/Thursday pick-ups:

SDCC Friday/Saturday/Sunday pick-ups (and as usual, cat got in the pic):

Won this at SDCC, but since I've already sold it...

How are you liking the DJ Pon-3? I've been going nuts waiting for Hasbro to put it up. I was able to get the SDCC Pony from last year, so I'm hopeful that I'll be quick enough to get both of them this year.

How are you liking the DJ Pon-3? I've been going nuts waiting for Hasbro to put it up. I was able to get the SDCC Pony from last year, so I'm hopeful that I'll be quick enough to get both of them this year.
I like it more than Derpy, which I had a chance to get, but skipped on. It's pretty plain though, and the cutie mark is only a pair of eighth notes.

I saw some auctions for DJ Pon-3 end at below cost on ebay ($55ish shipped, when it's $50 without shipping), if you wanted to check there.

It gets even better. He listed the shipping for $5, but used a Flat Rate box for some reason and ended up paying $12 for shipping.

So I put in a bid at local estate sale with an online auction and managed to pick up all of the following the other day for $60. There were also a bunch of electronics (most junk), but here's what I got as far as gaming goes:

-2 N64's, working, one with cords and 1 without

-1 N64 expansion pak, going to my brother

-4 OEM N64 controllers, all working and with tight thumbsticks, and 1 non-OEM N64 controller

-1 Dreamcast, working, with cords, 1 OEM controller, 1 non-OEM controller, and 1 non-OEM light gun thing

-1 PS2 multi-tap w/ 4 DualShock 2 controllers

-A working NBA Basketball Tiger Handheld w/o battery cover and non-working Police Academy Tiger Handheld w/ battery cover

-1 non-working original Gameboy

-NUBY Game boy Power Pak, doesn't seem to be working.

-1 non-working Game Gear w/ tote

-Dreamcast game: Mission Confidential (disc only)

-N64 games: Mario Kart 64, Goldeneye, Ken Griffey SlugFest (I think), Toy Story 2, Shadows of the Empire, and a Game Shark. All work except for Shadows.

-Gameboy Games: Golf, Super Mario Land, Link's Awakening, Robocop 2, R.C. Pro Am, WWF Showdown. All tested and working.

-Game Gear games: Sonic 2, Bart vs. The Space Mutants, Battleship. All untested.

-A whole bunch of extension cords

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22930]
The rest of the electronics stuff had some interesting pieces, like an old but unused Teleprinter, a DVD player, and bunch more extension cords, but nothing I need. Still kind of neat to rummage through.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:22931]
All in all, pretty happy with my purchase. I'll definitely be keeping the games, as I seem to have misplaced most of my copies of those, and I now have a full set of good N64 controllers, with each a different color. PS2 controllers and multi-tap were also something I needed, and I do so love GB games. I think I'll keep the GB and Game Gear around for tinkering, too. I'm trying to sell the non-video game junk on CL at the moment for $20, but I still haven't decided what I want to do with the VG stuff I don't need. I'm torn between putting it on CL or giving it to MAGFest and getting reimbursed, but either way I think I should be able to recoup my investment and that's all I really care about.

Been a rather uneventful week, but did get this. Couldn't go to the flea market last sunday as I got stuck working my first sunday in a while. I did pick this up on ebay for about $10. Still filling a few holes in my Genesis collection.

NTHttO0.jpg

Great Manga Series...I am currently caught up with it now.
yeah its a great series and I would love to own the dvds. I am currently caught up as well but I wanted to give togashi some money by buying it legally. I will have the last 15 volumes by the end of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back